Eden - Rimrock Resort Hotel
300 Mountain Avenue
Banff, AB T1L 1J2Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
Eden - Rimrock Resort Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rimrockresort.com/
- Phone: 4037621848x
- Hours of Operation:
Oct-May: Wednesday - Sunday: 6pm - 9pm (check reservations for closure days)
June-Sept: Thursday - Monday: 6pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our private Bordeaux room with stunning views is available for up to 12 guests
A word from Eden - Rimrock Resort Hotel
Our AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant is an exquisite dining experience, offering French cuisine with regional accents. Combined with Eden's Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence and ALTO Award winning service, this restaurant provides each guest with the finest in dining, service and scenic views in Banff. Sommeliers are on staff to offer the best wine pairing to compliment the experience. Eden is closed Monday and Tuesday or for private functions, please check reservation for availability.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eden - Rimrock Resort Hotel - Best Restaurants in Banff ›
Eden - Rimrock Resort Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (53)scenic view (49)romantic (47)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (37)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Eden Rocksvrr111Dined on 10/16/2014We loved dining at Eden's for the second time in the past 7 years. A true gourmet experience but not stuffy or awkward. Eden's strives to give you a fine dining experience, one that will be memorable and exciting. Without a doubt, the best money spent for a culinary adventure of a lifetime including the service as well as the delightful creations coming from the chef. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fading star .....BajaRustyDined on 10/11/2014Eden is billed as an elegant dining experince but at some point the pretentiousnous becomes a distraction to the enjoyment of the food. The four course meal with the Eden wine pairing which goes something like $250 a plate. The courses are artistically presented and elegantly served but the portions are ridiculously small allowing for a small bite or two of each dish. The entire four course meal including all the decorations on the plate (which were many) could have been served on a tea saucer. The wine pairings were excellent but I got the distinct impression the "somolier" had just memorized the tasting notes for each wine. When you get the bill for $600+ for two you have to ask if it was really worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special TreatCflmomDined on 10/11/2014We did the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairing. The food was fantastic, especially the elk. We enjoyed all of the wines that came with the food. The butternut squash soup was the best we'd had. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner1Dined on 10/5/2014I found our waiter hard to understand and not all that attentive. I ordered the pork and one piece was half fat. The wine pairings were very nice.Special Features:
- Wow!!DiniDined on 10/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The plates were all meticulously decorated @ the food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent restaurant!!LuvgreatdinasDined on 9/23/2014From the moment we walked into this restaurant it was amazing! We love to go to nice restaurants; although expensive it was worth it! Through open table I requested a quiet, private table with a scenic view and that is exactly what we got! We had great service right away and all through our dinner. Definitely a dinner we will remember!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service !CarmelannaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Perfectly seared elk! Delicate tasting Halibut on hot stones served in a delicious broth- amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionEnjoy5starsDined on 9/12/2014The service was amazing, the view from our window table was spectacular. The entire staff in the Eden mentioned our anniversary. The food was served with care to every detail.We would recommend this to anyone celebrating a special occasion. They made our 40th anniversary something to rememberSpecial Features:
- LaurenLauren2076Dined on 9/7/2014Best. dinner. ever. Excellent service & food/wine. Worth the price for an amazing dinner. Personnel sommelier was my favorite part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glen20Dined on 9/7/2014The food was amazing and the service was excellent. Our dinner was for a special 50th birthday and was everything we hoped it would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014It is a great place to really treat yourself with a top of the line dining experience! Pricey, but if you are into food and really would like to be pampered this would be the place!Special Features:
- Eden Room does not disappointNotOften7Dined on 9/6/2014All of the service, from the complementary valet parking on arrival to the baked gift on leaving was first quality. Every course was not only delicious but also a work of art. The taste of every element had obviously been considered and designed for each dish. The presentation was remarkably well designed and implemented in detail. The care in the cooking and preparation was obvious. The quality of the ingredients was impressive. The service was impeccable and informed. The Sommelier was friendly, open and well educated as to the wines available and how they would pair with the various dishes. We have been to restaurants in many countries. The Eden Room does Canada proud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extraordinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014From the moment we walked in they were friendly and made us feel like everything was taken care of. They were quick to make everything perfect and a personal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014One of our favorite restaurants in our own backyard. Amazing food, impeccable service and incredible views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Perhaps one of the best meals we have ever had. The attention to detail, the quality of service were of the highest standard. The food was exceptionally well prepared and interesting.Special Features:
- Special eventDave1Dined on 8/21/2014This is a great spot for special occasions. Very expensive but great food and superb service. Tasting menu eclectic but good. Four course choices may be better. View of mountains should be great - foggy the night we were there.Special Features:
- loved every momentchocobugDined on 8/20/2014The tasting menu at Eden was absolutely stellar. Every dish was like a work of art and was pure decadence. We enjoy dining and had read good reviews but Eden exceeded our expectations. Our meals were delicious and service really friendly without being overbearing. A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- there is a reason this is a 5 StarProfessorNuseDined on 8/10/2014There is a reason, Eden Room is Alberta's only remaining 5 Star restaurants! It is outstanding! The food, service, view, atmosphere, and wine selection make this more of an experience than a meal - a most memorable one to be sure. It is pricey and worth every pennySpecial Features:
- getbrealDined on 8/10/2014Overpriced. The food, although looking "pretty"flattered to deceive. Came away feeling hungry and in total shock at the cost of it all. $410 (Canadian) for two courses , 1 bottle of wine ( the least expensive on the list) and 1 brandy. A pretentious sort of place without much atmosphere.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience!table4twoDined on 8/10/2014We came to Banff for one night only specifically to dine at Eden. We had stayed at the Rimrock before but were unable to get a reservation at that time. The experience was everything we expected. From the artistic presentation of each course on the Chef's Tasting Menu to the exquisite Eden wine pairings to the exceptional and knowledgeable service and sommelier staff, our evening could not have been better. Thank you, thank you, thank you!Special Features:
- StunningEllsbelsDined on 8/9/2014An amazing dining experience in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. The food and wine were exquisite and the service top drawer. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdenjolikeDined on 8/7/2014Dining at the Eden is an experience that everyone should try at least once. Amazing. The name says it all - a touch of paradise for the palate and the soul. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable with impeccable skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner EverWalpoleNHDined on 8/6/2014We sat next to the window with a fabulous view of Rundle mountain. The wait staff was great, not condenseding at all, and none of that how is everything every minute. We chose the two courses with wine pairings, appetizer and entree. The food was fabulous and very nicely presented. First there was a treat from the chef of salmon row, then some great breads with a selection of butters and cheeses, then the appetizers with wine, then the entres with their wine pairings, then some delicious treats served on a platter with a dry ice effect. We always has something to do with no long waits. To top it off we picked a very nice (with help) Chateau Montifaud 50 yr Grand Cru cognac. Definitely an indulgence but worth every penny of the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome EdenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014How can you describe such a great experience. The food is excellent, which it should be for this price. But the food and service is worth every penny. Definitely a great place to go for the special occasion. Would highly recommend. Just don't get a sticker shock!!Special Features:
- SPECTACULAR & ACCOMODATINGChompChompDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I are both vegans, and Eden was truly amazing. They Chef's 7 course vegetarian tasting menu was modified to accommodate our diets and it was nothing short of spectacular. Inventive, creative and flavourful it showcased the best of local foods and Canadian flavours.Special Features:
- amazing doesn't say enoughsoupyDined on 7/31/2014We did the grand degustation and every dish was fabulous both in taste and presentation.Special Features:
- Not worth itmooley316Dined on 7/25/2014Perhaps my expectations were too high. Eden did not come close to meeting them at all. Overall the food was average with only one standout, the lobster. We did the Eden wine pairings, most of which were terrible and uninspired, we did enjoy the Sauternes. The main sommelier seemed standoffish and uninformed, the remainder of the staff was quite helpful. As a comparison we ate at the Chateau Lake Louise the day after where the food was much better and wine pairings better. I don't have a problem paying for a good meal, however when I pay and done get a good meal or good wine I take exception. I would be surprised if I ever eat here again and would definitely not recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Unique experienceFoodloversDined on 7/25/2014Our tasting menu was a unique experience. From the presentation to the intricate and intriguing tastes, it was memorable! Will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We did the 3 course with Eden wine pairing. Pricey, but worth every penny. They ended up serving 7 little courses all together and we received a special dessert to go as we left. The service, food, ambiance, wine and view were spectacular! The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable of the food and wine and could answer any questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible RestaurantKev5642Dined on 7/18/2014We cannot speak highly enough about this place. From the moment we arrived, the service was incredible. From the valet walking us to the Maitre D and introducing us, being escorted to our table, and being address by name by every member of the staff! The staff was incredible warm and friendly and knew the right amount of contact to always be around when needed but not be overbearing. And then there was the food! From the first amuse-bouche, to the dessert amuse-bouche everything was incredible! Portion sizes were not so small, like most fine dining restaurants, but just right. Everything tasted incredible and looked beautiful as well! I don't generally write reviews, but the experience at this restaurant was to good to not share!Special Features:
- UnbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Incredible experience, different foods, deserts with so many extras, amazing service from all the staff. A masterful place to dine! Worth going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond an ExperienceDiningOutIsGreatDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time at Eden and will not be our last. From the moment we arrived - we felt 'treated'. The service was the BEST and the food was like nothing we have had before (and we have dined in Calgary, Toronto, Las Vegas and Chicago....to name a few). We were looking forward to trying our first Five Diamond Experience and now we know WHY that rating is there. We enjoyed the four course meal along with a bottle of wine. Everything exceeded our expectations - well done, Eden - WELL DONE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner in the mountainsyotwDined on 7/3/2014In general we have been unable to find good food since coming to the rockies for a week. The food here was well executed with international standards, service was quite good, and they were quite friendly with our kids, even took them into the kitchen for a quick tour! We went to quite a few top rated restaurants in the banff, lake louise area, this is by far the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RicardoDined on 7/2/2014I received a reminder earlier in the day reminding me of the "Dress code". I can only assume only a few diners were notified as at least half the male diners whilst I was there would not have been allowed in. I was sat at a table looking at a guy dressed in a polo shirt, jeans and track shoes. There were others in tartan shirts and jeans. For the main course I had a lobster tail which was superb--my wife had the lamb which she also enjoyed. The rest of the dinner was very average and I was not impressed at all. Not over expensive but I fail to understand the reviews of this restaurant in Trip Adviser.
- Eden BanffwhatevernicknameyouwantDined on 6/29/2014Great restaurant for Special Occasion. Food, Wine, Service great.Special Features:
- Fantabulous~AriesDined on 6/28/2014We Thouroughly enjoyed our Romantic dinner at Eden Restaurant in the Rimrock Resort Hotel. I Highly recommended for that certain, Special occasion...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Dining at the Rimrock's Eden does not disappoint. It is a special experience with beautiful food and wonderful service. We chose a three course meal with premium wine pairings. Be prepared to spend money so it's a once a year type event for us.Special Features:
- The following 204 reviews are from the Eden - Rimrock Resort Hotel reviews archive.
- Over the topOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2014If you're looking for something special, this place is over the top. Be prepared to be treated and to spend some $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth IthennoVIPDined on 6/21/2014We went there for our anniversary and everything from the food to the service to the view were amazing. It's really expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OMGMontrealerDined on 6/14/2014This is a wonderful place. If you want a dining experience in the Rockies, this IS the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.