Eden Burger Bar
333 1/2 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91206Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
Eden Burger Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edenburgerbar.com/
- Phone: 8185522212x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday 11 AM to 11 PM
Friday to Saturday 11 AM to 12 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Eden Burger Bar
Innovative interpretations of classic burgers on a bistro menu that satisfy the most discriminating burger lovers - that's what elevates Eden Burger Bar above the rest. Eden Burgers are composed from inside out - some lavishly stuffed with premium meats and cheeses, some accompanied by dipping sauces that add complexity to the dish. Yet, these modern, artful burgers still hold true enough to tradition to satisfy lovers of a classic bacon cheeseburger, medium-rare. Eden's streamlined design and upscale atmosphere is perfect for a business bite, ladies night, or romantic date - bartenders are even equipped to suggest the perfect wine or artisinal beer to go along with your Eden Burger. Want to indulge in a complex classic in a modern, plush atmosphere? Eden Burger Bar just might be your version of Paradise. There's nothing here to distract you from pure burger bliss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eden Burger Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (5)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best Burger everNoNameVIPDined on 10/11/2014This place makes best burgers in L.A, THEY HAVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestgastrocatDined on 10/1/2014This trip I introduced my Dad to this establishment, where he had the Fire house, with a glass of their house chardonnay. He thought that it was one of the best burger he's had in a long time, which is a high complement from a 87 y.o. meat & potatoes guy, who just embraced veggies a decade or so ago. We both agreed that the portion size was just right to satisfy our Appétits, refreshing from the huge behemoths at other places, that encourage over eating or waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burgers. Best service.Diablito93Dined on 9/5/2014Best burgers in the LA area. Exceptional beer and wine list. The service is outstanding! One of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Hamburgers, Great ServiceSylvieVIPDined on 8/31/2014A little pricey because you have to order everything separate, i.e, burger, fries, salad, etc. - could have specials where a whole meal is included. That said, best burgers in town, great service. A little noisy with usual patrons thinking they own the place.Special Features:
- Just awesome!KATtDined on 8/22/2014As you would expect from the garden of Eden, the burgers are heavenly. This is not a burger joint - in fact the amazing burgers are perfectly paired with their amazing wines. The microbrews are extensive and even the salads are out of this world - especially the caprese! Don't forget the truffle fries! You really need to go to dinner or lunch here! I get the Black Label burger - truffle hound that I am!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother.princessreindeerDined on 8/22/2014If you like your burgers really messy, your Bellini from a can, and 80's night club decor you will love Eden Burger Bar. They do have great fries and housemade sauces that were good and the staff is friendly. I will not be going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014Awesome gourmet burgers! Some people in our party ordered the Seoul Burger - burger of the month. Really liked - restaurant was very accommodating, although do not allow substitutions, were willing to put toppings on side. So glad we had reservations - even for weekday lunch! Service was as attentive as possible as they were busy for lunch, maybe a bit short staffed? Great find in Glendale.
- Adequate lunch placeVandraVIPDined on 8/17/2014Eden Burger Bar gets the job done. It's not going to win any awards for creativity, but it produces solid burgers and salads. The wine list is slightly pricy, and they only have $2 mini bottles of Coke or Diet Coke and not fountain soda, which is annoying. Restaurants that don't offer refills on sodas are generally places to avoid, in my opinion. The restaurant also likes to nickel and dime you. For example, almost every sauce costs 50 cents extra. The burgers already are a bit high-priced, and they don't come with fries or any side, so adding prices for sauce seems silly and cheap.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersslmtVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a great local place to have burgers. Their burgers are delicious and well cooked. The portion is large so don't order too much food. The onion rings are delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/29/2014Eden has become one of my favorites! Food is always great, with the service to match. I'm addicted to the Surf and Turf burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!foodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014If you want a delicious and interesting hamburger, go here! Our server was terrific, the ambience was nice. We would have liked to have been asked if we preferred indoor or outdoor seating. Didn't know about the option till after we were seated and had ordered and then noticed there was a patio. But we were very happy with the burgers ( one fig, one veggie) and the HALF order of truffle fries was not only delicious, but more than enough to share. We'd definitely go back--I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food / Service, Setting…MehPandoraVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a surprisingly WONDERFUL meal here and our server was knowledgeable and attentive, but not fawning. The decor, however, is like a 1980's disco. Velvet, purple, slick. But it doesn't mean we won't go back, just maybe less often than if it were pleasing to the eye. Chairs, for the brief time you're in them, are hookah-lounge cushy, not at all conducive to sitting at a dining table.Special Features:
- Yum!KrispyDined on 7/21/2014The burger was fantastic and the fies were cooked to perfection. Our server was able to recommend the perfect beer to have with my meal. We enjoyed the fries so much we decided to order more when we were almost done with our meal.
- 2 Thumbs Up!KrisA7Dined on 7/19/2014We were there for lunch for my birthday. The place was quiet as there were less than 5 people. We were told on the weekends it gets very crowded. Would come back maybe for the happy hour or again for lunch as one can conduct conversation in a nice atmosphere while enjoying nice atmosphere and good food and super service. Thank you Eden Burger.Special Features:
- TdubzdacookDined on 7/11/2014Eden bar and grill has a trendy and exclusive ambiance that serves amazingly tasty gourmet burgers, pizzas, and sandwiches. Beware the ketchup has a Tabasco kick to it but the friends are very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BurgerscalstangDined on 7/3/2014Burgers are consistently cooked to your request. Excellent taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Eden Burger Bar reviews archive.
- great ambienceburgerbarDined on 6/22/2014Burgers and fries were inventive and delicious. But what we liked best was the cool ambience of the place. Small but fancy, the place was very hip. And the padded walls made the noise level very muted. Low-level hip rock music coming thru the speakers. Great to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/15/2014This place is sooooo good! I like to come to this place for special occasions because if I come here regularly, I'd gain so much weight. Their burgers are amazing and I like trying out their specials of the month. But my go-to burger would have to be the firehouse. The flavors of spicy with a hit of sweetness puts the burger over the top!Special Features:
- Good Burger PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2014Good place for a burger-lots of choices. Had good choices for wine by the glass.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014Great food. Great service. Great place. Period. We will be back!Special Features:
- Best burgers in townTiramisuDined on 4/12/2014We keep coming back...love the bleu burger. Always cooked exactly right, juicy and delish. The fries, to die for. The service, very attentive and friendly and non obtrusive. love this place.Special Features:
- Wonderful staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014I've been to Eden Burger Bar twice and have seen the same staff there. Willow, Brittney & Jessica are great. Terrific service and great sense of humor for all three along with those that help them. Food is very good but for me it's always the service. Thanks for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner Success!heyjamieDined on 4/6/2014I came here with 6 friends for a birthday dinner on a Sunday night and it was really nice. The bar and service staff were friendly and helped us make great choices for dinner. The Black Label Burger was hands down one of the best burgers I've ever had and their truffle fries were great to pair. They had a nice wine and cocktail selection and the ambiance was nice. Definitely a great place for a date. Note: At first glance the neighborhood and surrounding area don't look promising, but once inside it's totally worth it.Special Features:
- Best burgers in town--probablyFoodmikeVIPDined on 3/17/2014Best burgers in town--probably a dozen varieties. And their non-burger food is great also.Special Features:
- Disappointing...EllbeaDined on 3/3/2014I have been here several times... I deeply wish the cooks knew the difference between rare and raw. It's subtle but notable. The last few times I've dined here there have been children, this is NOT a kid food place... So jumping on the communal bench is something I'd think decent parent or server would attend to. Lastly... All different staff there this last visit... Seemed like they let the kitchen staff take over the whole place... Killed the typical vibe they generally have here I might have to take an Eden bar break.
- Another Excellent Experiencejon5ctsVIPDined on 2/18/2014The food is always a winner and the service always outstanding. I don't quite understand why this place isn't always jumping. Maybe because it's a little off of the beaten path? Anyway, you can't go wrong. This time, Jessica was our server and she was just awesome. Friendly, made great suggestions... perfect.Special Features:
- Always GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/17/2014We've had different servers and have come at different days and times. Food and service is consistently excellent. We love coming to Eden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines at EdenRoMo147Dined on 2/14/2014We went to Eden Burger for valentines day. I drive by the restaurant almost everyday and have been wanting to try it. I finally made a reservation for my girlfriend and I. We had a great experience. Other than a slight miscommunication over the phone, in which I was told that the regular menu would still be available on valentines day, and it wasn't, it was great. We really enjoyed the four course meal, the quality of the food was excellent. Great Kobe burger! The beer selection was great. I would definitely go back and want to try the regular menu. I would reccommend to a friend.Special Features:
- What's up with the music?RoxanaDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I decided to go here for our Valentine's Day dinner. I definitely think it was a great choice in terms of food and service, but it was a little weird when it came to the music. Definitely wasn't feeling the romance when they kept playing 90's pop songs, from Pandora I think. Halfway through they changed it to something else, some kind of alternative rock, but randomly a rap song would come in and everyone in the place would sort of stop their conversations to make note of it. On the one hand, I find that kind of hilarious, on the other, it doesn't really make me want to come back, especially not for anything romantic. Otherwise, the food was great and they served enough that I was left with a great deal of leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!jon5ctsVIPDined on 2/9/2014We had a group of 9 and the service was pretty amazing. They are always friendly, helpful and nice, but this night was especially impressive as Brittany handled our group pretty much by herself. AND she had other tables! A+++ Food is delicious and picky eaters were satisfied. Only complaints we received were a couple of burgers ordered rare were cooked a little too much. They still ate them and enjoyed them, though! Awesome beers, delicious food... You can't miss at Eden Burger Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be back!foodisgoodVIPDined on 1/28/2014Went with a friend for lunch and we were both blown away by the food and the service. Their selection of artisan burgers is amazing and the burger I ordered (a special - basically a truffle burger) probably one of the best, if not the very best, burgers I've ever had! The truffle onion rings were also delicious and my friend's bison burger was amazing. So happy to have found a great local place with nice ambiance, friendly and knowledgeable service and delicious, well priced foods. I highly recommend Eden Burger Bar!Special Features:
- gotta go back again... and again =)ilikealmonds22Dined on 1/17/2014The burgers that we had on this visit were very tasty. The Truffle french fries were great also. Some items are a little pricey when you consider that it's a burger, but some (like the black label burger) seem to be worth it. For the most part, other items like the truffle fries and onion rings, in my opinion, are priced fairly. My personal favorites: Rehab Burger, Black Label Burger, and Truffle fries. Our server, Jessica, was great too. She knew the menu, she made good suggestions regarding some menu items, and made sure that we had a great dining experience. Great food, great service. Don't order a salad at a burger joint and judge the place with that. But you don't have to take my word for it, go and try it. It'll be worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers!jon5ctsVIPDined on 12/28/2013Seriously, GREAT burgers. Service is always friendly. Excellent beer choices. Only downside is they won't allow substitutions to their burgers, but still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good burgers and fries, but...CulasaVIPDined on 11/17/2013it would have been nice if the waitress (after telling us what the burger of the day was comprised of) had let us know the price as a courtesy. We didn't think of asking (and we all ordered it), and then found out at the end that it was six dollars more than the regular burger. Yikes! Lesson learned.Special Features:
- Excellent Local SpotKarlitaTDined on 11/14/2013When I first heard that we had a foodie place in our own neighborhood, I was quite surprised. After my husband and I checked it out, it soon became our guilty pleasure. Since we don't get out alone much, it's become our place to go for a quick treat. On our most recent trip, my husband had the Black Label October special burger and I had the pastrami. My husband thought his burger was good, and I thought the pastrami was outstanding! We hogged down some truffle fries. Hubby had Chimay and I had the Eden Merlot which hit the spot. For dessert, we topped our meal off with three different, all excellent macarons. I highly recommend Eden to anyone in the area or for foodies passing through.Special Features:
- Our new go to burger/bar jointOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013We went here for my husband's 30th birthday and everything from the service to the food was really good. Our server seemed really passionate and proud about the product they are making which to me is really important. If your staff doesn't believe in your vision I would be hesitant to eat there again. I can't really think of many negative things to say except for maybe when I ordered my burger to be cooked at medium well it tasted well done but the flavors were still spot on. My husband had the special which was a truffle burger and it was amazing! So we would definitely be returning to this place. It's a good date night go to. The prices were reasonable considering the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers!BrickwomanVIPDined on 11/4/2013This place is great and I can't believe I haven't been here before this. Service was great and my burger was perfectly cooked, rare, the way I like it. There is a great beer selection but would love to see at least a good stout or other dark beer on tap as I thought that would have complimented my burger choice. My fries were wonderful, thin shoestring potatoes with truffle oil. I look forward to returning and trying a different burger or pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersjon5ctsVIPDined on 10/18/2013Delicious and creative food. Service is outstanding. We've been about a half a dozen times now and will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give this new place a tryDisneyCrewDined on 10/16/2013Get new find. Burgers were awesome, frys were spectacular, BBQ wings were perfect. Our party of 5 will all be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic BurgersFoodmikeVIPDined on 10/15/2013Not your typical burger place. Fantastic burgers from the traditional to duck and other specialty burgers -- all fantastic. And a great wine and beer list you wont find in many burger places. Oh yes, they have other things also.Special Features: