7042 E. Indian School Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eddieshouseaz.com/
- Phone: (480) 946-1622
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Eddie Matney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: To book a catering event today or dine with us at Eddie's House for a Pre-Set menu, please contact our Catering Director: Tommy Tweet at (480)946-1622.
A word from Eddie's House
It’s comfortable, but boasts a menu that expands your boundaries. It’s eccentric, but offers the famous fares that made Eddie Matney Arizona’s celebrity chef. It is the hot new restaurant, perfectly positioned in the middle of the high-style Old Town dining district. It is evolved, but fresh and innovative. It is simple, but complex, savory and delightful. It is a place to bring her for your first date, or show off your first baby, or celebrate your silver anniversary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Eddie's House - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Eddie's House reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (15)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- NEVER A BAD MEALOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We always enjoy lobster at Eddie's House -- never overcooked, and always with imaginative sides. Appetizers are first rate. The specials are always interesting, and the standard menu offerings can always be relied upon.Special Features:
- davidg47VIPDined on 11/3/2014Service is always attentive, food is excellent and servers very accomadatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal experiencevisotorDined on 10/29/2014I would have to say that our waiter rivaled the fabulous food. Every bite was exquisite. We were thoroughly impressed.Special Features:
- Very rudeStufoodVIPDined on 10/23/2014While the food was quite good the service and management were very rude and disrespectful to us. We had an issue with the bill and upon bringing this up to the owner he was very rude to us. In addition, the service was poor: did not bring bread to the table promptly and did not offer refills on the coffee at the end of the meal.
- Lobster Bisque...Mmmmm!JoJoDined on 10/18/2014Just walking up to and into the restaurant at night is enjoyable. The lighting is perfect and the atmosphere warm and friendly. The lobster bisque was outstanding. They have some items on the menu that can be ordered as half-orders, which I did with the scallops, which were delicious. I also ordered mushroom risotto, which was not on the menu; it was very good, but there were a lot of fried string onions on top, which I removed. My husband had the pan-seared cod with linguine and clams, which were both outstanding. We were too stuffed to order dessert! Next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAKALOLADined on 9/26/2014I have been a fan of Eddie Matney for years and was extremely disappointed with our experience. We were placed in a dark corner with the only view being the couple across from us and they having only a wall and a large picture of a small boy to view. Walls surrounded our side of the table so we could only see our friends and the table in front of us. We were so looking forward to dinner there but will not return. The food was average at best. There are too many wonderful restaurants in Scottsdale and our experience the week before, also a part of "AZ Restaurant Week" was outstanding so we were all expecting the same. Unfortunately we cannot say the same about "Eddie's House."Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekfoodie4sureDined on 9/25/2014We celebrated Restaurant Week at Eddie's again this year and we were not disappointed. The same GREAT food, the same GREAT service and the same GREAT time we had last time. A new menu for restaurant week and we got to try some new items. Awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redsVIPDined on 9/22/2014The service was great, but the steak was terrible,it was so overcooked that I couldn't eat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I ExpectedculinarycriticDined on 9/20/2014Dissappointed primarily by the food. Ordered cod which came with pesto pasta. The cod was undercooked -- had to find someone to get our waiter who hadn't checked back in on us to send it back to cook longer. It took a long time to get it back. The fish was greasy fatty which I have never experienced with cod before. Awful. The pasta was drenched in the pesto. Again, awful. With pesto, a little goes a long way because of its intensity. It appears the staff at Eddies does not understand this. Warning, we had to wait about 1/2 hour for our table (with a reservation).
- Bad lighting, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Service was very poor, and the lighting was so dim, we had to turn our iPhone lights on to read the menu. The waitress said that is the way the owner likes it. We could barely see the food when it arrived. The waitress had little interest in any of her 5 tables, even though the restaurant only had 22 people seated. When we ordered drinks, we could see the bartender was more engaged in chatting with the 8 people at the bar than preparing our drinks, so our appetizer arrived well before our drinks.Special Features:
- Always a treatjakemanDined on 9/12/2014Eddie's House never disappoints. Although end of season lobster was our main priority, and they were delicious, we're addicted to the horseradish mashed potato stuffed shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie keeps the magic going!MikeDined on 9/12/2014Eddie is know for his creative dishes, and he is able to refresh his offerings on a regular basis. Always a wonderful evening, having dinner at Eddie's!...Special Features:
- Love this placeCelesteDined on 9/11/2014I picked Eddies to celebrate my birthday with my family. We had THE BEST Dinner. Started off with the Chicken Lollipops. They were so delicious...and much larger than I thought they would be. We also had the Mediterranean Hummus with flatbread. Eddies signature dish is the "Whats in this steak" so my son ordered just a half, and I ordered a whole one. I was too full to even touch it, so it came home with me. I had the Sonoran Chicken club as my starter salad, but it was so large and so good, it should have been my entree dish. My husband and other son ordered the Salmon and it was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend Eddies place but you have to go with a good appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this oneRilesDined on 9/6/2014Eddie's was more than we expected. The food was real good with a lot to choose from. We had special dietary requests and there was no problem. Service was superb! Eddie's was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Highly recommend the black bean and corn soup. The "what's in this steak" is worth it. You won't go away hungry.Special Features:
- Great Food, Horrific ServicePalmettoPeteDined on 8/9/2014Arrived for our reservation. Was offered a table on the patio or a wait. We opted for the patio as it was a nice Arizona evening. Then the disaster commenced. We sat alone with nothing from any employee for 20 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, a busboy brought us water and told us that our server was on the way. When our server arrived she took drink orders -- 10 minutes for those. Then she took food orders. We ordered an appetizer -- which someone finally served AFTER our meals had been eaten. When those meals arrived, one of the orders was wrong. The food that was served was delicious. The food quality and presentation were outstanding. Management offered a concession to make it right. That was kind, but there was no excuse.
- just an off night I hope.....DonnaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ordered the lobster special which came with no cracker, no lobster fork, no bowl for the shells and it was not split except for the tail. It came on a very small plate so most of the food ended up on the table and when our server (who we only saw twice - when he took our order and then when he scooped away my lobster after I had it for 15 minutes) insisted on taking my lobster away "because the kitchen didn't follow his orders of cracking it" we had to wait ANOTHER 10 minutes for it to show up. At that point my spouse had finished most of his dinner but was trying to wait for me so we could eat together. When they brought the lobster back (same rest of the food - cole slaw and fries which were now very unappetizing looking) we left.Special Features:
- DentonVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent. This was the second time my friend and I have visited Eddies. We look forward to returning when the weather is cool enough for us to sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality mealphilDined on 8/8/2014every item our group had was delicious. Prices are on the high side but so is the quality and size of the portions. Filet, pork chop, salads, cobbler, fruit bowl for dessert were all attractive, tasty and huge. We'll definitely return to try other items. The waitress was fine but the server needs training. Poor service dropped the stars down in that category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 433 reviews are from the Eddie's House reviews archive.
- Famous steakNikyDined on 7/23/2014I have been a fan of Eddie's for as long as I can recall. When I found out he still had his famous streak rolled in a ball of potatoes and covered in cheese I could not wait to order it. I shared a plate with a friend and we ordered the 8oz rare. When it arrived it was beautiful but when I opened it up I think the steak was 4oz? Maybe smaller and gray. Such a disappointment as I waited all these years. I was there earlier and tried the happy hour. Amazing. I would love to try that steak again but 37 dollars for a tiny gray steak is just ridiculous.Special Features:
- Twin2Dined on 7/19/2014This was our first time to Eddie's House for dinner and would definitely go back. 3 of us wanted the lobster special, which was excellent! The lobster was very fresh and the sides were great too. My husband had the double cut pork chop and it too was excellent. We will for sure be repeat customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousHungryVIPDined on 7/12/2014Terrific experience from the blueberry sangria to the stuffed steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GordonDined on 7/5/2014Great bar tender and staff is always friendly with big smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly good. a bit not2014dinercavecreekVIPDined on 7/5/2014our waitress was wonderful....dinner was delicious...they 'comped' birthday dessert. busboy not so good. He spilled pesto and butter, grabbed a bit of it with his hand, left the rest of the mess on the table throughout the rest of the meal. also, the place got really hot...it was crowded, I wonder if the AC could not keep up...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LetsEatVIPDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed a very nice Lobster dinner at Eddie's which was their feature for the summer months during the weekends. Staff was very pleasant and lobster was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placegoodeatsVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food is great. The bar staff is friendly and attentive. Great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeChristineDined on 7/4/2014This was my first visit to Eddie's house and I absolutely loved it! It was 4th of July and the place was packed so I am so glad I made an open table reservation. We enjoyed the $20.00 lobster and it was FANTASTIC. I work in the restaurant business so I do not get out much, and I was impressed by all. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOvergaardDined on 7/1/2014We had been here one time before for the lobster special but this time we tried several items on the regular menu. My husband loved the bacon infused meatloaf and I enjoyed the tuna. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- CupcakeCupcakeDined on 6/26/2014This was a find online and in a guide from the hotel. Nice neighborhood location and comfortable atmosphere. the food and drinks were wonderful!The wait staff was terrific! And how much fun was it to have the chef come from our home state! Thank you Open Table for making our out of state adventure much more worthwhile!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/26/2014Eddies is always good...his flavorful menu sets him apart from so many other restaurants. East Meets West has been my all time favorite and I especially like his "half" portion options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ValueRayjayDined on 6/7/2014Combined happy hour with our dinner reservation. Lobster special was excellent. Bread was so-so.
- Got to check it out!SWdiner24Dined on 6/3/2014Even though it has been in Scottsdale for a number of years Eddie's House menu offerings are always of a wide range and terrific execution. A truly local culinary must! The staff was top notch; if I lived in Scottsdale it would be one of my favorite and regular places. The wine list is excellent and the experience as a whole was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great varietyRichflavorsDined on 5/22/2014Went there for restaurant week and really enjoyed the tuna tartar and pork tenderloin with sweet potato mash and bacon greens. The rice pudding was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find in Old Town ScottsdaleBeerSlingerDined on 5/22/2014Great variety in a wonderful menu. Very nice outdoor dining. The portion sizes were just a bit small, but only to the degree to keep me from giving it 5 stars.Special Features:
- Put’s an edge on comfort foodAZFoodieVIPDined on 5/21/2014Traditional American comfort food this is not. Whatever you want to call it, I call it excellent. Four of us recently dined at Eddie’s. Some of the twists on tradition that we enjoyed were Ghost chili battered Halibut Fish & Chips, Lamb Chop Street Tacos, and Tenderloin Tips with a side of Horseradish Mac ’n’ Cheese. Unusual, flavorful and thoroughly enjoyable. Always a great place for dinner.Special Features:
- I will never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I normally do not write reviews but the experience here was horrible. Our server was non existent.The food was basically way overpriced bar food. Drinks were way too expensive. I always drove past this spot and it looked nice. Our server received our complete order at the same time we ordered our drinks and we s till waited. Not to mention I made reservations at 830pm and me and my date still waited 30 minutes and it was not even a full house. Everytime our waitress came up she apologized about the wait but after the fifth time even she knew it was a joke. I have begun to tell everyone my experience I had here. Stay away.
- Restaurant WeekMarkDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed the fantastic selections for the value priced special menu. All in the party enjoyed their meals. The beef tornados and pork tenderloin were extremely tender. I enjoyed the salmon tartare appetizer and the chocolate/peanut butter dessert was the highlight of the meal enjoyed by the entire party. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchsherDined on 5/11/2014Overpriced and disappointing for what you were served. They should stay in the business of serving lunch and dinner and not try to make a buck off of a holiday brunch. I felt totally riped-off. I think they went to Costco to pick-up salads, side dishes and desserts for this brunch. Besides the omelets that were served their was nothing they cooked in their kitchen. And the entree's which was a small plate of some of the speciality items was so poorly served that should have not bothered.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BruncheatingoutDined on 5/11/2014We had been to Eddie's House many times before, but this was the first time for brunch. The food and service were a big hit with my wife and mother-in-law, and I had a great time with the dessert bar. We'll be back against next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service equals foodGabbyVIPDined on 5/5/2014Bartender/servers know the food and can (and do) offer helpful suggestions. Every time we have gone ...with a group or just us as a couple we have had a memorable meal. The reason we continue returning...delicious!!!!Special Features: