7042 E. Indian School Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eddieshouseaz.com/
- Phone: 4809461622
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Eddie Matney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: To book a catering event today or dine with us at Eddie's House for a Pre-Set menu, please contact our Catering Director: Tommy Tweet at (480)946-1622.
A word from Eddie's House
It’s comfortable, but boasts a menu that expands your boundaries. It’s eccentric, but offers the famous fares that made Eddie Matney Arizona’s celebrity chef. It is the hot new restaurant, perfectly positioned in the middle of the high-style Old Town dining district. It is evolved, but fresh and innovative. It is simple, but complex, savory and delightful. It is a place to bring her for your first date, or show off your first baby, or celebrate your silver anniversary.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eddie's House reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (8)romantic (8)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food, Horrific ServicePalmettoPeteDined on 8/9/2014Arrived for our reservation. Was offered a table on the patio or a wait. We opted for the patio as it was a nice Arizona evening. Then the disaster commenced. We sat alone with nothing from any employee for 20 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, a busboy brought us water and told us that our server was on the way. When our server arrived she took drink orders -- 10 minutes for those. Then she took food orders. We ordered an appetizer -- which someone finally served AFTER our meals had been eaten. When those meals arrived, one of the orders was wrong. The food that was served was delicious. The food quality and presentation were outstanding. Management offered a concession to make it right. That was kind, but there was no excuse.
- just an off night I hope.....DonnaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ordered the lobster special which came with no cracker, no lobster fork, no bowl for the shells and it was not split except for the tail. It came on a very small plate so most of the food ended up on the table and when our server (who we only saw twice - when he took our order and then when he scooped away my lobster after I had it for 15 minutes) insisted on taking my lobster away "because the kitchen didn't follow his orders of cracking it" we had to wait ANOTHER 10 minutes for it to show up. At that point my spouse had finished most of his dinner but was trying to wait for me so we could eat together. When they brought the lobster back (same rest of the food - cole slaw and fries which were now very unappetizing looking) we left.Special Features:
- DentonVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent. This was the second time my friend and I have visited Eddies. We look forward to returning when the weather is cool enough for us to sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality mealphilDined on 8/8/2014every item our group had was delicious. Prices are on the high side but so is the quality and size of the portions. Filet, pork chop, salads, cobbler, fruit bowl for dessert were all attractive, tasty and huge. We'll definitely return to try other items. The waitress was fine but the server needs training. Poor service dropped the stars down in that category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Famous steakNikyDined on 7/23/2014I have been a fan of Eddie's for as long as I can recall. When I found out he still had his famous streak rolled in a ball of potatoes and covered in cheese I could not wait to order it. I shared a plate with a friend and we ordered the 8oz rare. When it arrived it was beautiful but when I opened it up I think the steak was 4oz? Maybe smaller and gray. Such a disappointment as I waited all these years. I was there earlier and tried the happy hour. Amazing. I would love to try that steak again but 37 dollars for a tiny gray steak is just ridiculous.Special Features:
- Twin2Dined on 7/19/2014This was our first time to Eddie's House for dinner and would definitely go back. 3 of us wanted the lobster special, which was excellent! The lobster was very fresh and the sides were great too. My husband had the double cut pork chop and it too was excellent. We will for sure be repeat customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousHungryDined on 7/12/2014Terrific experience from the blueberry sangria to the stuffed steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GordonDined on 7/5/2014Great bar tender and staff is always friendly with big smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly good. a bit not2014dinercavecreekVIPDined on 7/5/2014our waitress was wonderful....dinner was delicious...they 'comped' birthday dessert. busboy not so good. He spilled pesto and butter, grabbed a bit of it with his hand, left the rest of the mess on the table throughout the rest of the meal. also, the place got really hot...it was crowded, I wonder if the AC could not keep up...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placegoodeatsVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food is great. The bar staff is friendly and attentive. Great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeChristineDined on 7/4/2014This was my first visit to Eddie's house and I absolutely loved it! It was 4th of July and the place was packed so I am so glad I made an open table reservation. We enjoyed the $20.00 lobster and it was FANTASTIC. I work in the restaurant business so I do not get out much, and I was impressed by all. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOvergaardDined on 7/1/2014We had been here one time before for the lobster special but this time we tried several items on the regular menu. My husband loved the bacon infused meatloaf and I enjoyed the tuna. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- CupcakeCupcakeDined on 6/26/2014This was a find online and in a guide from the hotel. Nice neighborhood location and comfortable atmosphere. the food and drinks were wonderful!The wait staff was terrific! And how much fun was it to have the chef come from our home state! Thank you Open Table for making our out of state adventure much more worthwhile!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/26/2014Eddies is always good...his flavorful menu sets him apart from so many other restaurants. East Meets West has been my all time favorite and I especially like his "half" portion options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ValueRayjayDined on 6/7/2014Combined happy hour with our dinner reservation. Lobster special was excellent. Bread was so-so.
- Got to check it out!SWdiner24Dined on 6/3/2014Even though it has been in Scottsdale for a number of years Eddie's House menu offerings are always of a wide range and terrific execution. A truly local culinary must! The staff was top notch; if I lived in Scottsdale it would be one of my favorite and regular places. The wine list is excellent and the experience as a whole was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great varietyRichflavorsDined on 5/22/2014Went there for restaurant week and really enjoyed the tuna tartar and pork tenderloin with sweet potato mash and bacon greens. The rice pudding was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find in Old Town ScottsdaleBeerSlingerDined on 5/22/2014Great variety in a wonderful menu. Very nice outdoor dining. The portion sizes were just a bit small, but only to the degree to keep me from giving it 5 stars.Special Features:
- Put’s an edge on comfort foodAZFoodieVIPDined on 5/21/2014Traditional American comfort food this is not. Whatever you want to call it, I call it excellent. Four of us recently dined at Eddie’s. Some of the twists on tradition that we enjoyed were Ghost chili battered Halibut Fish & Chips, Lamb Chop Street Tacos, and Tenderloin Tips with a side of Horseradish Mac ’n’ Cheese. Unusual, flavorful and thoroughly enjoyable. Always a great place for dinner.Special Features:
- I will never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I normally do not write reviews but the experience here was horrible. Our server was non existent.The food was basically way overpriced bar food. Drinks were way too expensive. I always drove past this spot and it looked nice. Our server received our complete order at the same time we ordered our drinks and we s till waited. Not to mention I made reservations at 830pm and me and my date still waited 30 minutes and it was not even a full house. Everytime our waitress came up she apologized about the wait but after the fifth time even she knew it was a joke. I have begun to tell everyone my experience I had here. Stay away.
- Restaurant WeekMarkDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed the fantastic selections for the value priced special menu. All in the party enjoyed their meals. The beef tornados and pork tenderloin were extremely tender. I enjoyed the salmon tartare appetizer and the chocolate/peanut butter dessert was the highlight of the meal enjoyed by the entire party. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchsherDined on 5/11/2014Overpriced and disappointing for what you were served. They should stay in the business of serving lunch and dinner and not try to make a buck off of a holiday brunch. I felt totally riped-off. I think they went to Costco to pick-up salads, side dishes and desserts for this brunch. Besides the omelets that were served their was nothing they cooked in their kitchen. And the entree's which was a small plate of some of the speciality items was so poorly served that should have not bothered.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BruncheatingoutDined on 5/11/2014We had been to Eddie's House many times before, but this was the first time for brunch. The food and service were a big hit with my wife and mother-in-law, and I had a great time with the dessert bar. We'll be back against next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service equals foodGabbyVIPDined on 5/5/2014Bartender/servers know the food and can (and do) offer helpful suggestions. Every time we have gone ...with a group or just us as a couple we have had a memorable meal. The reason we continue returning...delicious!!!!Special Features:
- The following 412 reviews are from the Eddie's House reviews archive.
- Dinner April 28thdandgloveeddiesDined on 4/28/2014Had a groupon that was expiring, so went on a Monday. Enjoyed the quietness versus a weekend for a change. Service was excellent! Plus Eddie was cooking which he doesn't do much on weekends since he's always on the floor talking to customers. Disappointed that he didn't come to talk to us.Tried the lamb chorizo stuffed mushrooms and the Stuffed steak. Everything was delicious! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Old town restaurantazluVIPDined on 4/28/2014On a beautiful Scottsdale evening my husband and I dined on the patio at Eddie,s House .We shared a salad ,I had the small plate of tuna and halibut very tasty . I am a small eater but the small plate was really an appetizer size. My husband had a steak quesadilla appetizer and it was so large he could barely finish it.The shiraz wine was excellent although the waitress didn't know much about it Otherwise she was very charming and helpful We certainly would return ,Special Features:
- Fabulous Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014We had a fabulous Easter Brunch. Wonderful food and great atmosphere. We had kids and they was a lot for them to choose from. Thanks for a great Easter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchbutlerDined on 4/20/2014This was the first year for Eddie's on Easter and it was a hit. The food was outstanding- everything you would hope to find on a brunch service. Quality! Fresh! Made to order! Hoping this will become a tradition.Special Features:
- Great Easter Brunch at Eddies !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014First time we have been there for brunch. Great selection all very fresh and a fun set up ! Very nice time will do it again ( :Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Food was good but for what was there, it was too much money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant FindGenerallyHappyDined on 4/20/2014My wife and three teen boys went to Eddie's House for Easter Sunday Brunch. We had not been there before. The service, the menu, the ambiance and most of all the food exceeded our expectations. Although I thought it was a little too expensive given the charges for the kids meals and beverages, I still have to say we truly enjoyed our brunch and will return...as a couple not as a family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfulTrvldineDined on 4/20/2014Perfect location a short walk from the hotel. Easter brunch was great with a well appointed buffet and individual entrees. Lots to choose from and the desserts were fabulous. Highly recommend the patio. Will keep this on the list for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2014We have been here 3 times and decided to go again for Easter Brunch. The stuffed french toast was the absolute best ever. Only one complaint - we left feeling a little nickled and dimed when were were charged for an iced tea. When they are including orange juice and coffee in the $49 price and then they feel it necessary to add on for an iced tea, that seems a little cheap!
- Passover mealsydellDined on 4/14/2014Food was great, loud music so difficult to read the Seder out loud.Special Features:
- We sat on the patio to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/8/2014We sat on the patio to have dinner and celebrate two family birthdays. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we had a great time.Special Features:
- Even though we could not useEddiesHouseDined on 4/4/2014Even though we could not use our Groupon,our server was fantastic and was a main reason we stayed to dine. The food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/29/2014We have dined at Eddie's House many times. The food has always been very tasty and consistent in it's quality. The service however was not up to it's usual standard. Our waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. He just seemed too busy to pay enough attention to our needs. For instance we gave up our forks with our salad plates and we had to ask for new ones after our entrée`s were delivered. We had to ask for bread. We had coffee after dinner and the coffee was cold. We also had to ask for our check after waiting a very long time. It seemed the restaurant was understaffed for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner!foodieDined on 3/29/2014Always enjoy dining at Eddie's House! We started with drinks and appetizers at the bar and Danny is always cheerful and ready with fun drink recommendations. Dined on the outside patio and enjoyed dinner as always. Eddie was "in the house" and love the way he works the room to check in with diners while running the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but service was lackingLGinTOVIPDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed our food, and appreciated half size portions on the menu we could mix and match, but our waitress looked not happy to be there - cutlery was missing, drink order was odd (my son ordered ginger ale, but rather than tell us they didn't have any, they mixed sprite with cola, and only after my son said there was something wrong with his ginger ale, she told us they didn't have any and that's how you make ginger ale - he had a similar challenge at another restaurant - is it possible there is no ginger ale in Scottsdale?). In general the food is very savoury, and even a light dish like East meets West will have strong flavours from cheese and soya sauce. Nice location is Old Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Great FindNansulitaVIPDined on 3/22/2014Found Eddie's House on Open Table and decided to try it one Saturday night. So glad we did try it. I had the vegetarian main dish -- they graciously held the green beans (which I don't love) and did a major substitution of lots of different and delicious vegies. Others had the meatloaf which they too loved. The bread served with blue cheese butter was yummy. The waiter was fun and attentive.. And we ate on the patio which I would recommend. Lovely patio, spacious and comfortable. Do go and do enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.