Eddie V's - West Ave
2800 Kirby Drive Suite A-100
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - West Ave
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://eddiev.com/
- Phone: 7138741800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adam Puskorius
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
A word from Eddie V's - West Ave
Eddie V’s Prime Seafood features oysters, sashimi, great prime steaks and live Jazz. Savor the classics like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections. Eddie V's also features 2 private dining room options for up to 28 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - West Ave - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Eddie V's - West Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (205)romantic (177)notable wine list (111)fit for foodies (103)good for groups (74)hot spot (67)vibrant bar scene (66)neighborhood gem (44)late-night find (28)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (13)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- DisappontingbigtimeDined on 9/20/2014I have been to this restaraunt many times and have always liked it. This time however, it was different. I asked to see a cocktail menu and there wasn't one. The "liquor expert" was walking by our table and I enguired about their bourbons and asked if they had Angel's Envy. He didn't know what it was. I then ordered a glass of Crown XO. When the billed arrive, there was a $35/glass charge on it and was "shocked". A bottle only costs $45!! This was ridiculous and I should have been informed of the excessive cost when I ordered it. I did not say anything since I was on a date and did not want to have an "issue" in front of her. On a positive note, our waiter was very impressive and would recommend him to anyone. Kudos to him!Special Features:
- Love Eddie V's!ElumDined on 9/20/2014My wife & I enjoyed celebrating her birthday at Eddie V's Saturday night. Great food and wonderful service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- An Anniversary to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014"I love the ambiance of the dining room – low lights and romantic. The lobster tacos and seared scallops were wonderful. Ordered several sides but that crab fried rice was dee-licious and very generous portions. We finished dinner with the hot chocolate cake and ice cream. The best we've ever had. "Happy Anniversary" had been written in chocolate on the side of the dish (a nice surprise). We definitely will return for other special occasions. Our server and service were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKp1124Dined on 9/16/2014You must try the Crab Cakes!!! The atmosphere was nice and the wine list was unbelievable.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceJNellyDined on 9/16/2014Eddie V's- West Ave was great! My date and I ended up sharing the 20 oz bone in rib eye along with a lobster tail. The steak and lobster were both awesome! The service there is always on point and we were lucky to have the same server who served us last time. I love coming to this place, it is always such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceluv2eatVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is an outstanding restaurant. From the time you enter the restaurant you will encounter a helpful and wonderful staff. The food is always delicious. Every dish is consistently wonderful. The seafood including specials, dover sole, and salmon were delicious as are the sides especially the twice baked potato. The bananas foster and chocolate are wonderful. As well, the service is perfect.Special Features:
- ServiceDisappointedDined on 9/12/2014The service was wonderful. The waitress really nard is feel pamperedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, great service (Jesus....thank you!!!) excellent night out..Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerCookieDined on 9/5/2014We arrived at our table to find it covered in pink rose petals with a card signed by the staff. It was a very special dinner for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's on Our anniversarydisappointedDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I chose to celebrate our 32nd anniversary at Eddie V's. Atmosphere was nice, but the dining area was noisy. Service was very good and the server very attentive. They had a great wine selection and the server willingly provided a few small samples of two wines we were considering. We ordered appetizers, crab cake and calamari, both were good, the calamari portion is very large for one person and can easily be shared. For the main course, we had scallops and striped bass topped with lobster meat one of the evening specials. Although the fish was cooked well, both were bland and lacking any flavor. Disappointed in the fish entree, the manager did offer to replace it, but we declined.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Great place to bring work colleagues. They are always impressed by the selections and quality of food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was greatlesaDined on 9/1/2014the food was plentiful and it was great tasting. really enjoyed the restaurant month menu.. had leftovers and they were even better the next day.Special Features:
- DeeCee1Dined on 9/1/2014Eddie V's is one of my favorite places to dine. Excellent customer service, delicious food and great atmospher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & atmosphereBirthdayGirlDined on 8/31/2014Our serverm Darrin, was a jewel. He was very personable and entertaining. He made celebrating our birthdays there well worth the trip. That is in addition to the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite in Houston, so farKTMemphisVIPDined on 8/31/2014Each time I return to this city, I return to this restaurant. I also ask for Ashley; she's a great waitress-knowledgeable, friendly, and genuinely happy to be doing her job! The lobster tacos and crab cake are my favorite appetizers, but honestly, they're the only ones I've tried. I'm tempted to venture onto other starters but I'm so afraid they won't compare to the perfect two we selected on our first visit and haven't strayed away from since. The filet is wonderful, and the sole was perfectly prepared. I love the brussel sprouts; they're a lot like the ones I prepare. Eddie V's is perfect for whatever the occasion- both the main dining room and the lounge are nice and appealing in their own way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealChloeVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I sat in the back room (which was much quieter than the main room) and ended up ordering the restaurant month menu. We both had the wedge salad which could have been a bit denser. How expense is iceberg lettuce ? It was tasty though and beautifully presented. I had the 8 oz filet and it was cooked perfect -med rare and as good a steak as any steakhouse. My husband had the Scottish salmon. It too was beautifully presented and delicious. Martinis served cold and well shaken. Bananas foster cake delicious! Will definitely return. Waiter joe did a good job too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, delicious, great servicedianeDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary with a movie followed by dinner at Eddie V's. The meal could not have been more perfect! Everything we ordered was first rate and beautifully served and presented. We were very pleased with our seating too; in a smaller room just beyond the main Dining room right in front of the window. It was romantic and we could talk easily. Thanks to the waiters who came and put flower petals on the tabletop too - when they learned it was our 39th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loudLLWFDined on 8/30/2014We were a party of 8. We could not hear each other or the wait staff talking. The food was great. One of the best steaks I've had, for flavor, but ours were a little over-cooked.Special Features:
- Love Eddie V'sluv2eatDined on 8/30/2014My boyfriend and I came to Eddie V's for Houston Restaurant Weeks. We have never participated in Houston Restaurant Weeks nor have we ever been to Eddie V's. We were blow away by the attentiveness of the wait staff. The server made sure to point out which dishes were the most popular and the fact that the side dishes and desserts were big enough for two. This allowed us to order two different side dishes and two different desserts. We both had the 8 oz filet mignon. It was amazing. I had the hot chocolate Godiva cake and he had the hot bananas foster cake. Both desserts were amazing. They brought me the wrong side dish but before I could tell the waiter a manager brought me the correct side dish and apologized. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellenthappytiffanyDined on 8/30/2014Amazing food, great service, beautiful restaurant and setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NlafoodieDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed our meal! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentDrGoodyDined on 8/29/2014We went twice during Houston Restaurant Week 2014. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's always a winnerCharlotteDined on 8/29/2014Already planning our return trip. Great value during Resturant Week - even with doing the up charge items. Food was beautiful, waitstaff attentive and perfect.Special Features:
- Great all-aroundStuhou810Dined on 8/28/2014We had a special occasion dinner here and everything from the food to the service was fantastic. We'd would gladly go again. The food was fresh and tasteful and everything our server recommended to us was spot on.Special Features:
- ZorbaDined on 8/27/2014Beautiful restaurant and bar. The service was the best; they did not rush at any stage and we were there for 3 1/2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner and Entertainment...OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Had another perfect dinner at Eddie V's and loved it. We sat in a booth in the bar area and listened to a great jazz band during our dinner. The Wedge Salad was awesome as was the Filet Mignon. Great wine, drinks and service.Special Features:
- Great service and food!TsunamiVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food is always phenomenal here, the quality of the preparation never disappoints! What made this experience even more memorable, however, was our waiter, Rodney, who went above and beyond to give us a great experience with our meal! If you visit Eddie V's, request Rodney, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Outstanding foodTonyDined on 8/24/2014The steak was amazing at Eddie V's. If you're craving for steak this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationJozieDined on 8/24/2014I'm so happy this location was recommended to me for my daughters 15th birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Everything from the moment I walked into the door was just outstanding. Every single staff member I encountered was super friendly and helpful, the service at the table was amazing, and the food was superb!! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Not up to parFoodIsFineDined on 8/23/2014This was our third time dining at Eddie V's, and our expectations were high as we have had wonderful past experiences here. The food was not as amazing as I remembered. We ordered an assortment of oysters in the half shell from the east coast. They were not as sweet as usual and I had to remove tiny pieces of shell that were left behind in the meat of the oyster. We also had the beef tartar appetizer, which was ground rather fine (I prefer my tartar in very small chunks) and not seasoned very well. The worst part of the experience was the location in which we were seated, in a room in the back, away from the main dining area with large windows that were open. I was anticipating a dark, romantic atmosphere with music and candles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticrmvhDined on 8/20/2014Everything was perfect from the service to the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak!GalexDined on 8/17/2014All the service attendants were very nice. The food was amazing. Good wait time for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My new favorite restaurant. Everything was delicious!! The Shellfish Tower was to-die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twilar1Dined on 8/17/2014As always this was a remakeable dining experience. If the prices were just a little lower, I would frequent more often. I love all the food but have never tasted better oysters. My steak was simply perfection and again I delighted in the seafood tower.Special Features:
- HRW menuGuardiola21Dined on 8/16/2014Went here for our anniversary and the food was delicious! We opted for the HRW menu to help the food bank and it was a great choice. Food was delicious and temparture of the food was perfect. They even gave us a happy anniversary card and all the employees signed it, we thought this was really cool of them. Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention that they had a live band playing Jazz and that just made the night awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experiencehappystomachDined on 8/16/2014My group of four came to celebrate a birthday and had a blast! We took our time eating our amazing starters and had phenomenal main courses. Our waiter was fantastic (John or Joe)! We were never left wanting or needing anything. The cherry on top of the Sundae was the excellent attention given to the birthday boy. Not only did he receive a card from the entire Eddie V's staff, but the entire table was given a very large, flaming bananas foster cake to share. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- I will return!greatdiningDined on 8/16/2014Excellent experience all around. Food was amazing, as was service. I will return!Special Features:
- Excellent meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Although it was busy with Houston Restaurant week not a step was missed in service and quality. Great meal and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Great as the ReviewsdragonladyVIPDined on 8/15/2014After excellent reviews I booked our 31st wedding anniversary at Eddie V's and made notes from the reviews. Indeed the table was strewn with rose petals albeit not in a heart shape as stated in all the reviews.However the table was set for 6 people which was VERY awkward considering it was an anniversary celebration with reservations for 2 people. I requested Roberto as the reviews said he was outstanding. I even received a confirmation phone call hours before our reservation stating our requests including Roberto but we got Roger who was very friendly but NOT attentive at all! The worst was the cognac peppercorn tenderloin, it was disgusting. Thankfully the sauce was on the side! Lobster tacos-outstanding as well as banana's foster cake.Special Features: