Eddie V's - West Ave
2800 Kirby Drive Suite A-100
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - West Ave
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://eddiev.com/
- Phone: 7138741800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adam Puskorius
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
A word from Eddie V's - West Ave
Eddie V’s Prime Seafood features oysters, sashimi, great prime steaks and live Jazz. Savor the classics like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections. Eddie V's also features 2 private dining room options for up to 28 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Eddie V's - West Ave - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Eddie V's - West Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)romantic (177)fit for foodies (111)notable wine list (106)good for groups (79)hot spot (69)vibrant bar scene (62)neighborhood gem (53)late-night find (25)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (12)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Always a pleasuremintydDined on 10/15/2014Again, we love this place. The bananas foster cake--to die for!!Special Features:
- AmazingNoeandAngieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Everything was amazing, as usual. Roberto, our waiter was great. The restaurant knew we were bringing out of town guests for their first time, and they made their visit very special, by bringing a complimentary desert with "welcome to Eddie V's" on it.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningChloeVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were a party of 4 and asked to sit in the back room (for lower noise level). This request was honored and we sat in the back room. The only problem with this room is the temperature is FREEZING!. Martinis prepared cold and delicious. My filet was cooked perfectly (med. rare) and my husbands salmon prepared perfectly as well. The other couple also enjoyed their meals. BLT salad is excellent as well. We ordered cappuccinos that were served the way they should be--nice and hot. Had a lovely evening visiting with our friends. Would def return.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningMsLadyDined on 10/5/2014My guests and I had a wonderful evening. Everyone that we encountered was courteous and professional. Our server, Derek, was honestly one of the best servers I've had at any restaurant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lkbleetDined on 10/4/2014the seafood tower was over the top!!!! We can make it our dinner!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceluv2eatVIPDined on 10/4/2014Eddie V's always has outstanding food and exceptional service. The sole, salmon, and redfish were all delicious. The twice baked potato was also delectable and the bananas foster and chocolate cake are the best. The server we had was extremely attentive, so nice and helpful, knew the menu perfectly, and is always outstanding. Thank you Eddie V's for being one of our favorite restaurants and everyone we bring with us feels the same.Special Features:
- wonderfulLuv2dineDined on 10/3/2014We had the brussel sprouts and lobster fried rice for our sides that were excellent. My friend had the crab cakes that she loved. Two of us had the small filet mignon ordered medium plus. Both had to be sent back because they were rare. The second time around my friend's steak still had a pool of blood around it. She did not want to send it back a 2nd time so just ate around the edges. Because of this, we were compensated for her steak. My steak was tender and perfectly seasoned. For dessert we had the banana foster that was also excellent. Overall a wonderful experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- forgetful waiterwishfulDined on 10/2/2014Everything was great except I asked for a broiled sea bass and got a steamed sea bass. I was too hungry to return it for the right orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the city's bestFoodienutDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food and service. Beautiful dining room and atmosphere located in twenty West Ave. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinning ExperienceJazzysPicksDined on 10/2/2014Went for a business dinner everyone was still talking about the great food and services we received. It is definitely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragePrime1Dined on 9/26/2014Good wine list, excellent crab cake Steak and fish lacked flavor, bland.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!foodie86Dined on 9/26/2014We recently went to Eddie V's for a special birthday dinner. The entire evening was made special by the staff which greeted us with happy birthday and a card. The food was excellent. The lemon sole was our favorite! The server was awesome, she made wonderful recommendations and treated us like royalty. Eddie V's is definitely one of the best restaurants in Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a little costlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed the meal and the restaurant ambience and service team was great. However, we had two steaks and shared 2 sides (sides are ala carte) with a glass of wine each and the bill was over $200. For the same ambience and service we could have gone to Fogo de Chao and had more food for less. I suggest going for special occasions or maybe restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerfoodisgreatDined on 9/24/2014Very good food and wonderful ambiance and service.Special Features:
- Eddie V's West AveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Consistently great food both seafood and steaks. A very convenient location in the West Ave complex.Special Features:
- Never fails!130sunsetsVIPDined on 9/22/2014FIsh is outstanding here! The restaurant is elegant without being stuffy and you feel like you are welcome to linger as long as you like. Redfish, tuna civic he, and halibut are exceptional.Special Features:
- DisappontingbigtimeDined on 9/20/2014I have been to this restaraunt many times and have always liked it. This time however, it was different. I asked to see a cocktail menu and there wasn't one. The "liquor expert" was walking by our table and I enguired about their bourbons and asked if they had Angel's Envy. He didn't know what it was. I then ordered a glass of Crown XO. When the billed arrive, there was a $35/glass charge on it and was "shocked". A bottle only costs $45!! This was ridiculous and I should have been informed of the excessive cost when I ordered it. I did not say anything since I was on a date and did not want to have an "issue" in front of her. On a positive note, our waiter was very impressive and would recommend him to anyone. Kudos to him!Special Features:
- Love Eddie V's!ElumDined on 9/20/2014My wife & I enjoyed celebrating her birthday at Eddie V's Saturday night. Great food and wonderful service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- An Anniversary to RemembergardenofeatingDined on 9/20/2014"I love the ambiance of the dining room – low lights and romantic. The lobster tacos and seared scallops were wonderful. Ordered several sides but that crab fried rice was dee-licious and very generous portions. We finished dinner with the hot chocolate cake and ice cream. The best we've ever had. "Happy Anniversary" had been written in chocolate on the side of the dish (a nice surprise). We definitely will return for other special occasions. Our server and service were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKp1124Dined on 9/16/2014You must try the Crab Cakes!!! The atmosphere was nice and the wine list was unbelievable.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceJNellyDined on 9/16/2014Eddie V's- West Ave was great! My date and I ended up sharing the 20 oz bone in rib eye along with a lobster tail. The steak and lobster were both awesome! The service there is always on point and we were lucky to have the same server who served us last time. I love coming to this place, it is always such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceluv2eatVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is an outstanding restaurant. From the time you enter the restaurant you will encounter a helpful and wonderful staff. The food is always delicious. Every dish is consistently wonderful. The seafood including specials, dover sole, and salmon were delicious as are the sides especially the twice baked potato. The bananas foster and chocolate are wonderful. As well, the service is perfect.Special Features:
- ServiceDisappointedDined on 9/12/2014The service was wonderful. The waitress really nard is feel pamperedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, great service (Jesus....thank you!!!) excellent night out..Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerCookieDined on 9/5/2014We arrived at our table to find it covered in pink rose petals with a card signed by the staff. It was a very special dinner for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's on Our anniversarydisappointedDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I chose to celebrate our 32nd anniversary at Eddie V's. Atmosphere was nice, but the dining area was noisy. Service was very good and the server very attentive. They had a great wine selection and the server willingly provided a few small samples of two wines we were considering. We ordered appetizers, crab cake and calamari, both were good, the calamari portion is very large for one person and can easily be shared. For the main course, we had scallops and striped bass topped with lobster meat one of the evening specials. Although the fish was cooked well, both were bland and lacking any flavor. Disappointed in the fish entree, the manager did offer to replace it, but we declined.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Great place to bring work colleagues. They are always impressed by the selections and quality of food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was greatlesaDined on 9/1/2014the food was plentiful and it was great tasting. really enjoyed the restaurant month menu.. had leftovers and they were even better the next day.Special Features:
- DeeCee1Dined on 9/1/2014Eddie V's is one of my favorite places to dine. Excellent customer service, delicious food and great atmospher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & atmosphereBirthdayGirlDined on 8/31/2014Our serverm Darrin, was a jewel. He was very personable and entertaining. He made celebrating our birthdays there well worth the trip. That is in addition to the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite in Houston, so farKTMemphisVIPDined on 8/31/2014Each time I return to this city, I return to this restaurant. I also ask for Ashley; she's a great waitress-knowledgeable, friendly, and genuinely happy to be doing her job! The lobster tacos and crab cake are my favorite appetizers, but honestly, they're the only ones I've tried. I'm tempted to venture onto other starters but I'm so afraid they won't compare to the perfect two we selected on our first visit and haven't strayed away from since. The filet is wonderful, and the sole was perfectly prepared. I love the brussel sprouts; they're a lot like the ones I prepare. Eddie V's is perfect for whatever the occasion- both the main dining room and the lounge are nice and appealing in their own way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealChloeVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I sat in the back room (which was much quieter than the main room) and ended up ordering the restaurant month menu. We both had the wedge salad which could have been a bit denser. How expense is iceberg lettuce ? It was tasty though and beautifully presented. I had the 8 oz filet and it was cooked perfect -med rare and as good a steak as any steakhouse. My husband had the Scottish salmon. It too was beautifully presented and delicious. Martinis served cold and well shaken. Bananas foster cake delicious! Will definitely return. Waiter joe did a good job too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, delicious, great servicedianeDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary with a movie followed by dinner at Eddie V's. The meal could not have been more perfect! Everything we ordered was first rate and beautifully served and presented. We were very pleased with our seating too; in a smaller room just beyond the main Dining room right in front of the window. It was romantic and we could talk easily. Thanks to the waiters who came and put flower petals on the tabletop too - when they learned it was our 39th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loudLLWFDined on 8/30/2014We were a party of 8. We could not hear each other or the wait staff talking. The food was great. One of the best steaks I've had, for flavor, but ours were a little over-cooked.Special Features:
- Love Eddie V'sluv2eatDined on 8/30/2014My boyfriend and I came to Eddie V's for Houston Restaurant Weeks. We have never participated in Houston Restaurant Weeks nor have we ever been to Eddie V's. We were blow away by the attentiveness of the wait staff. The server made sure to point out which dishes were the most popular and the fact that the side dishes and desserts were big enough for two. This allowed us to order two different side dishes and two different desserts. We both had the 8 oz filet mignon. It was amazing. I had the hot chocolate Godiva cake and he had the hot bananas foster cake. Both desserts were amazing. They brought me the wrong side dish but before I could tell the waiter a manager brought me the correct side dish and apologized. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellenthappytiffanyDined on 8/30/2014Amazing food, great service, beautiful restaurant and setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NlafoodieDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed our meal! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentDrGoodyDined on 8/29/2014We went twice during Houston Restaurant Week 2014. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's always a winnerCharlotteDined on 8/29/2014Already planning our return trip. Great value during Resturant Week - even with doing the up charge items. Food was beautiful, waitstaff attentive and perfect.Special Features:
- Great all-aroundStuhou810Dined on 8/28/2014We had a special occasion dinner here and everything from the food to the service was fantastic. We'd would gladly go again. The food was fresh and tasteful and everything our server recommended to us was spot on.Special Features: