Eddie V's - West Ave
2800 Kirby Drive Suite A-100
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - West Ave
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://eddiev.com/
- Phone: (713) 874-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adam Puskorius
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
A word from Eddie V's - West Ave
Eddie V’s Prime Seafood features oysters, sashimi, great prime steaks and live Jazz. Savor the classics like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections. Eddie V's also features 2 private dining room options for up to 28 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - West Ave - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Eddie V's - West Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (204)romantic (174)fit for foodies (114)notable wine list (98)good for groups (86)hot spot (73)vibrant bar scene (62)neighborhood gem (46)late-night find (30)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (12)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Our experience at Eddie V's was outstanding! Our waiter Roberto made our 23rd anniversary dinner an unforgettable experience. The restaurant was beautiful and romantic and the food was so excellent. We will back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service, Atmosphere, & ServiceKatieKornDined on 11/15/2014My husband took me to Eddie V's for my birthday (it's our tradition), and it was wonderful as always! The hostess was friendly when we arrived, and we enjoyed a few cocktails in the V Lounge before being seated. The bartender was quick & very attentive, we would definitely go back just to sit in the bar and have him serve us. Once seated, we were promptly greeted by our server for the evening, Jesus. He was professional and kind, telling us about the specials that evening and answering any questions we had about the menu in general. We would recommend requesting him if you want a server who is not only knowledgeable about the menu, but helpful in making key recommendations. For an appetizer we had the calamari (our favorite app), and the Hamachi Sashimi. The Hamachi was OUTSTANDING. The jalapeno peppers offered the perfect kick, and the ponzu sauce was a perfect accompaniment. The calamari was delicious as always, although a bit heavy on the nuts this time. For entrees I had a personal shellfish tower/plate (YUM!), and my husband had the filet. We had a twice baked potato and broccolini as sides, both were a nice balance to the rich steak and seafood we ordered as entrees. The star of the meal was the bananas foster. It was AMAZING!!! Every year we get this as a birthday treat, but this year it was exceptional. We finished the whole thing with no problam, despite being stuffed from a full meal. Eddie V's is an excellent choice for a delicious meal whether you are celebrating a special occasion or not. we will definitely be back, and hopefully we will not have to wait until my next birthday to do so! :) Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable in every wayTwilar1Dined on 11/15/2014This place is a little pricey and I just wish is wasn't so I could go much more often. I took 4 family members visiting from out of time this week and the food and service really impressed them. Was there for a birthday celebration and the birthday girl felt so celebrated. Our waiter, Rodney, was so attentive and nin- intrusive. Loved the. Loved the relaxed environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Our waiter was unbelievable. He stayed at tentative to our needs while also mixing great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational SeafoodJenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 11/14/2014Eddie V's is know for seafood and they do it very well. The portions are large, making the prices a bargain. The Warm Mushroom Salad is a amazing! The service is also top-notch. I highly suggest Eddie V's for your seafood cravings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great night at Eddie V'sJNellyDined on 11/12/2014Went to Eddie V's on Wednesday with a friend of mine and had another great experience. The wine list is robust, the scenery is nice, the waitstaff is always on point and the place is very well managed. My friend and I sat in the lounge area where there was a nice small band playing. We ordered the crab cakes for appetizers and we both shared flounder and filet mignon. Everything was cooked to perfection. I love coming to Eddie V's and will continue to come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's Consistently GreatnvrdulltxVIPDined on 11/10/2014We had some out of town people heading to Houston for business and I set up a dinner at eddie V's. I have never been disappointed at this place. Service is always top notch and the food is consistently great. This time did not disappoint, everyone in our group was impressed with the selections and the meal and the business discussion was a great success. Not just a business place, my wife and I go there when we want to celebrate something special or just get a romantic evening of to a great start. This place is not to be missed by anyone in Houston looking for a special place to dine.Special Features:
- Another exceptional meal.Discerning2Dined on 11/7/2014My brother is a CIA trained executive chefs, one of the best actually, so I'm always uncertain as to where to take him when he's in town. Eddie V's is my 'go to' restaurant when I want to impress, and they didn't disappoint. From the Red Dragon Mojito, to the salads, our great entrees, everything was lovingly prepared, presented beautifully, and excellent. They had an off the menu bay scallops entree that was superb. The halibut was great, and my wife ordered the 12 oz filet, and it was perfect. Desserts? The Godiva Melting Chocolate cake is the perfyend to a great meal. My brother loved it!Special Features:
- Great food, service, atmospherePudamafu12Dined on 11/7/2014Roger is an amazing waiter! Very professional and helpful while picking specials. Great service from the whole staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2014We dined here to celebrate a birthday and the food, service and atmosphere was awesome. The staff added a nice personal touch by signing a birthday card and delivering it to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing short of AmazingAmaniDined on 11/3/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 9 year anniversary and the staff at Eddie V's made our anniversary nothing short of amazing. our waiter Rian was so attentive and the assistant manager Steven was absolutely amazing as well. they adorned our table with fresh rose petals and a happy anniversary card which was so sweet and the food was oh my gosh so amazing. we had the best Bananas Foster we have ever tasted in our life. we didn't even leave the happy anniversary writing and chocolate sauce on the plate it was that freaking amazingEddie V's made our anniversary so very special it is a definite definite goto place for dinner or any special occasion you may have. Kudos to management for running a top notch establishment and team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Houston's best seafoodBradDined on 11/1/2014Although we had not previously tried it, I chose to celebrate my wife's birthday at Eddie V's because she loves seafood. Thought the whole experience was very nice, from the presentation of the birthday card from staff to the very competent service. Unfortunately, the one disappointment was the fact that salmon my wife chose was underwhelming. Not fishy and good quality, but just really not any special flavor and light on taste. Was suppose to have a mustard vinegarette flavor, but that was not perceivable. So being that it was her birthday celebration, I was not happy with such. I will say that my filet of sole was wonderful though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backfoodie4everDined on 10/31/2014The service was spectacular. We celebrated my parents' 64th Wedding Anniversary. From the moment walked in, the staff made my parents feel as if they were the only ones in the restaurant. The service was top notch. The food was five star. The entire evening was a rousing success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's ExperienceNeneDined on 10/30/2014I told Eddie V's it was my one year anniversary and I was shocked that they had to the table set up nice! We was given a card and rose pedals set on the table! The crab cake was good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect every time.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014Service was excellent, great atmosphere, and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFudLuvrDined on 10/28/2014We went here for my husdband's birthday. The food and the service was outstanding. The live jazz though was little more than elevator music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FIND…….foodforthoughtDined on 10/26/2014First time at Eddie V's….!! We celebrated our daughters 21st Bday and could not have been more pleased …..from the food to the ambience to the back round live jazz music… It is rare to find a restaurant in Houston with wonderful acoustics …we could have a great conversation and actually hear each other…!! A definite favorite for the future…!!Special Features:
- Anniversary Daterunmerry1Dined on 10/26/2014We went to Eddie V's for our 2 year anniversary. When we got there, they took us to a table with rose petals on it along with a Happy Anniversary card signed by all of the staff! It was terrific. We had a wonderful server who took great care of us and the head kitchen people came out and checked on the quality of everything. Great time!Special Features:
- LoveditDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant was an excellent choice to take my wife for her birthday dinner. We were thourouly satisfied with service and the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great placeEricDined on 10/25/2014Took my ole lady and had a great time! Food was delicious, service was excellent, and the whole experience was awesome. I had the tomahawk steak which was so good, definitely recommend. I could going back with her or hanging out with group. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAmandaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Loved it, amazing, fabulous service, food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- princess007Dined on 10/24/2014This restaurant we voted as best restaurant in Houston. Had a wonderful dinner with outstanding service and some the best food ever. The Jazz music was just icing on a cake - terrific experience. Can wait to do back.Special Features:
- They made our anniversary specialTnAnorthsideDined on 10/22/2014We chose Eddie V's based on reviews on Open Table. We were celebrating our 20th Anniversary and wanted something special. Eddie V's lived up to that at every turn. From the time we walked in and spoke with the Hostess, 3 people wished us "Happy Anniversary". When we got to our table, rose petals awaited and there was a card signed by the entire wait staff congratulating us. Rodney was our waiter, and he was the best. His service, suggestions and pairings based on our likes were absolutely spot on. Ask for Rodney, you will not be dissapointed. Dessert was on the house, and we chose the Banana's Foster Butter Cake. All we can say is WOW. Well done Eddie V's, this was our first visit and you made a special night even more special!Special Features:
- texasgirlDined on 10/21/2014Great restaurant. The food was good; the service outstanding. Our waiter, Rogelio a.k.a. Roger, was wonderful. Would recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Bdays or business meetingsRooshDined on 10/17/2014Eddie V's is a great spot for a business dinner or celebrating with someone special. They perfectly cooked my bone-in filet to Pittsburg rare and I couldn't have asked for anything more.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014As always service was great, it was a birthday dinner for a dear friend and everyone from the hostess to the service team wished him a happy birthday. There was a signed card on the table when we arrived and he was offered a complimentary dessert. Amazing night!Special Features:
- SeafoodloverDined on 10/16/2014I love the ambience, the staff in the front desk were accomodating and friendly . Most of all I love the presentation of the foods and really all delicious. For a special occasion perfect especially the special treatment and free cake (which was well presented) for bday celebration. And the live music makes the atmosphere fantastic.Special Features:
- Great Food and MusicsparksjazzDined on 10/16/2014Eddie V's Kirby location in Houston was great dining experience for our group. The music from the Mark Goodwin trio was a highlight. The ribeye steak is one of the best I have ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasuremintydDined on 10/15/2014Again, we love this place. The bananas foster cake--to die for!!Special Features:
- AmazingNoeandAngieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Everything was amazing, as usual. Roberto, our waiter was great. The restaurant knew we were bringing out of town guests for their first time, and they made their visit very special, by bringing a complimentary desert with "welcome to Eddie V's" on it.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningChloeVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were a party of 4 and asked to sit in the back room (for lower noise level). This request was honored and we sat in the back room. The only problem with this room is the temperature is FREEZING!. Martinis prepared cold and delicious. My filet was cooked perfectly (med. rare) and my husbands salmon prepared perfectly as well. The other couple also enjoyed their meals. BLT salad is excellent as well. We ordered cappuccinos that were served the way they should be--nice and hot. Had a lovely evening visiting with our friends. Would def return.Special Features:
- First time visit - nice!FoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2014The four in our party went here for the first time and had a lovely meal and service. Greg was our server and attentive to our every need. We all had starters and then seafood dishes. And wine. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningMsLadyDined on 10/5/2014My guests and I had a wonderful evening. Everyone that we encountered was courteous and professional. Our server, Derek, was honestly one of the best servers I've had at any restaurant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lkbleetDined on 10/4/2014the seafood tower was over the top!!!! We can make it our dinner!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceluv2eatVIPDined on 10/4/2014Eddie V's always has outstanding food and exceptional service. The sole, salmon, and redfish were all delicious. The twice baked potato was also delectable and the bananas foster and chocolate cake are the best. The server we had was extremely attentive, so nice and helpful, knew the menu perfectly, and is always outstanding. Thank you Eddie V's for being one of our favorite restaurants and everyone we bring with us feels the same.Special Features:
- wonderfulLuv2dineDined on 10/3/2014We had the brussel sprouts and lobster fried rice for our sides that were excellent. My friend had the crab cakes that she loved. Two of us had the small filet mignon ordered medium plus. Both had to be sent back because they were rare. The second time around my friend's steak still had a pool of blood around it. She did not want to send it back a 2nd time so just ate around the edges. Because of this, we were compensated for her steak. My steak was tender and perfectly seasoned. For dessert we had the banana foster that was also excellent. Overall a wonderful experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- forgetful waiterwishfulDined on 10/2/2014Everything was great except I asked for a broiled sea bass and got a steamed sea bass. I was too hungry to return it for the right orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the city's bestFoodienutDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food and service. Beautiful dining room and atmosphere located in twenty West Ave. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinning ExperienceJazzysPicksDined on 10/2/2014Went for a business dinner everyone was still talking about the great food and services we received. It is definitely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragePrime1Dined on 9/26/2014Good wine list, excellent crab cake Steak and fish lacked flavor, bland.Special Features: