Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 6196150281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (243)romantic (181)fit for foodies (158)notable wine list (133)good for groups (80)vibrant bar scene (70)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (53)late-night find (35)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (8)Show More
- traceyDined on 9/27/2014when I booked my reservation I stated it as for a birthday and they actually remembered. A card signed by the staff was waiting for me with a sign on the table. Our waiter adam was very attentive and very helpful in picking our entrees for the evening. The choices were outstanding. The lemon sole and the Char were delicious along with the crab fried rice. Our appetizer were oysters - very good !. Dinner was topped off with Bananans Foster. we never felt rushed and the wine selection was very good. The La Jolla site probably has a better view but they were booked for the time I wanted. I will try that site soon.Special Features:
- kabuVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a very nice evening at Eddie V's. The bar scene for happy hour was energetic and fun. The bartender made everyone feel like they were family. The food was over and above "bar" food and when we were seated in the dining room things got even better. The steaks are surely prime and the swordfish was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My family and I ate at Eddie V's for the first time during restaurant week. The restaurant is beautiful and has a lovely ambiance. The food and service was impeccable. From the starters to dessert. We would definitely come back anytime and dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaraunt Week GemMatthew21Dined on 9/26/2014Outstanding service from the moment we set foot inside. Comfortable modern decor. Great food (salmon and filet Mignon) and a touch of live jazz to close out a really nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I must say I was pretty impressed with my overall experience with included making a reservation on Open Table to my dining experience. I've made reservations prior on Open Table and Eddie V's was the only one to call me the day of to confirm my reservation. Nice! When my party arrived before me, they were given the option to sit at the table or get a table in the lounge/bar area for happy hour. When I arrived (which was just minutes before our 6pm reservation) were were escorted to our table and everything was laid out. Upon receiving our bread & butter, which were totally delicious, we ordered our meal for restaurant week. From appetizer to dessert, everything was perfection. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, but not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2014We were excited about trying Eddie V's as I had heard good things about the overall dining experience. While the food was okay, it was not as good as expected. My filet mignon was fatty, something I rarely find at a fine dining spot. The service was mediocre at best. Even though the restaurant was fairly empty when we arrived, water glasses were not filled up regularly, desserts took a very long time and no one came to ask how our food was until a while after it was delivered. Still not a bad place, just not quite up to expectations given their prices.Special Features:
- Terrific food and serviceCmsbeltVIPDined on 9/26/2014The Restaurant Week menu was outstanding and a great bargain. The potstickers sautéed spinach were excellent. The lemon sole was sublime. Our server was fast and friendly. A great meal.Special Features:
- Best waiter ever!jenniferVIPDined on 9/25/2014I want to give a big shout out to Andre our waiter, who was knowledgeable, funny, engaging and charming. The food was also very very good, but the service was absolutely outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delicious!#1restaurant!PerfectMSE84Dined on 9/24/2014Very delicious! #1restaurant! Excellent service, awesome food and courses! We were here for redtaurantweek. Perfect dinner! Thanks a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingswimmer2541Dined on 9/24/2014Overall this restaurant was amazing. Our waiter V made it a very unique experience. He was very intuitive and was one of the best waiters we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, leaving serviceQueenoftheWheatlessVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food was delicious but the service left something to be desired. We had to wait quite a while between courses and had to ask for our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Lamkr73Dined on 9/22/2014I have been dining at 4-5 stars restaurants and Eddie V's is the best so far I find in San Diego. Excellent service, meals were delicious and the cocktail drinks were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's in San DiegoRolandVIPDined on 9/22/2014I am frequent diner at the Eddie V's in Fort Worth and it was great to see that this one in San Diego is carrying on the tradition of excellence in food, atmosphere, service and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceDarcyDined on 9/22/2014We had a terrific meal at Eddie V's for Restaurant Week. Had the Filet and Sole entrees- highly recommend them. We had fantastic service from V- we'd ask for his area again. We even figured out the pay and display parking outside.Special Features:
- I'll be back!NerissaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Went for my birthday and loved it from beginning to end! Tell everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff--chefs need to step upsocprofVIPDined on 9/22/2014Fun location (Headquarters), wait staff was truly excellent from cocktail lounge to dining area. Lobster bisque had good flavor but was "thin." The parmesan coated sole was terrible, dry and flavorless from being overcooked. Creme brulee was excellent even though it was substituted for the ordered Butterscotch panna cotta. With all the wonderful steak and seafood restaurants in San Diego (we do miss the Palm), we wouldn't go back.
- Eddie VsBallyhooDined on 9/21/2014Made a last minute reservation for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were seated right away. They put rose petals on our table. Everybody recognized the ocassion. Waiter was nice. First two rounds of our meal came out quick. We waited about 30-45 minutes after that for the main course. Our waiter kept us up to date without making excuses. The manager came by, apologized and offered glasses of any wine we would like on the house. The wait for us was not a big deal as we had a nice relaxing time. Most of the time it is wham bam and over. Overall I liked this place even though it is a chain and owned by a large company. Inthought the place is nice, service was good and the food was really good. I would repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much food!RKO2Dined on 9/21/2014My friends and I came for Restaurant Week and left well fed. The truffle mac and cheese was the highlight!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. the dessert were tasty as well. The waitress did not seem to know what she was doing and spilled wine all over the table. too badSpecial Features:
- Excellent experienceFoodiesfromCVDined on 9/21/2014We visited Eddie V's for dinner during SD restaurant week and it was fabulous. The prefixed menu had something for everyone. The portions were super generous and the food was delicious!!! We will absolutely be dining at Eddie V's again.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014impeccable service, friendly and professional staff and delicious food, must try the banana foster dessert! MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I've had in San DiegoBrendanDined on 9/20/2014Had the best meal of the year and a half I've lived here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near FlawlessMerklearDined on 9/20/2014Three visits and all of them were nearly perfect. The food is amazing with fresh specials cycling in and out. Service is impeccable. The bar is very hip with some of the best cocktails in town.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureMajVicDined on 9/16/2014I knew nothing of this place, but I liked the name. I wanted good seafood, so I thought I'd try it. What a find. I enjoyed it, so much I went back the following evening. Don't miss this place, it's a little hidden, but seek it out you won't be disappointed. Best seafood I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise Great MealMehhhVIPDined on 9/14/2014In town for business dinner for 2. Picked based on review and location to the hotel, across the street. The Tuna and Mahi Mahi cuts were like beef filets and exceptional, the balance of the salads and sides- very good. Service by Domenica was outstanding. I would not hesitate to return the next time in San Diego.
- Amazing dinnerDanniDined on 9/13/2014The appetizers are quite filling, we ordered the batterfried oysters -- 5 large plump oysters with a dollop of yellow curry sauce on top, each sitting on pickled cucumber and crispy lotus root --amazing!! We also had the Maine lobster taco appetizer -- 2 taco's filled with sweet lobster claw meat -- also delicious but messy (as expected). Our entrees were: swordfish which was cooked perfectly-- so tender and moist with a pile of crab and avocado and a hint of red chili & citrus--the flavor was bright and fresh; and the halibut which was also cooked perfectly and served in a more rustic preparation over a bed of tender edamame, sweet corn and smoky nuggets of pork shank in a rich smoky sauce. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert!!Special Features:
- Terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2014save room for the banana foster butter cake. its surreal!Special Features:
- Great Jazz with Good FoodjawsDined on 9/11/2014It was a birthday dinner and I was delighted by the attentive service, fabulous Jazz quartet, their thoughtfulness with the Desert for the celebrant. Very very nice experience.Special Features:
- FitFoodGuyFitfoodyguyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Was on a trip to San Diego and was looking for a steakhouse. A friend recommended Eddie v's and I ended up getting seafood because the menu was so great!!! My gf had the steak and she actually finished the fillet for a first! Great service, great music, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An AMAZING experience at Eddie VsNYCfoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014I was visiting San Diego for a long romantic getaway weekend with my girlfriend and wanted to do what we call a "sexy dinner". Being from NYC, we LOVE amazing food and an environment where we can dress up and have a romantic night out for dinner and drinks. Eddie Vs was the PERFECT place. We got there a few minutes early and went to the V Lounge for a cocktail and to enjoy the live jazz music while our table was prepared. Cocktails were strong, and reasonably priced. We ordered the Lump Crab Cake and Fried Oyster appetizers which were INCREDIBLE. We ordered the Surf and Turf special and the Scallops. Both were amazing and cooked to perfection. Service was fast and frequent. Highly recommend this place for any special occasion for a couple.Special Features:
- Dinner at Eddie VsdanielpirainoDined on 9/6/2014This was a repeat after a very bad experience several months ago. This time everything was great. The server (Domenica) was attentive but not obtrusive. The food was outstanding and the wine went well with our food selections. It was an overall wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Eddie V'sLuLuVIPDined on 9/6/2014Was fantastic! The wait staff were attentive - the food was more than we expected. The crab cakes - to die for. I could just eat them and be happy!Special Features:
- great for birthdays6x6cubeDined on 9/6/2014The food was awesome starting from the appetizer. The seafood and steak choices are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Wow WowAnonymousVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is the sort of dining establishment I associate with Las Vegas. Huge, polished, food faultless & generally making an oversize impression of effortless abundance. They made every effort to accommodate & made it seem as though doing so was a pleasant diversion. The food was outstanding. We had the lobster tacos which we loved, but it was all sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSunDiegoDined on 9/5/2014Simply amazing. The service, food and atmosphere was great. I highly recommend Eddie V's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat2enjoyDined on 9/5/2014Over the top waiter. Need to listen to our answers. Give us 15 to 20 minutes to enjoy our cocktail does not mean check back every 3 to 5 minutes. To much sunlight through the front door. No way to shade the direct sunlight in our faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableLovingcaliforniaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Service and food were outstanding. Manager personally made sure we were well taken care of. Called us by name each time he came to the table.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Every time my husband and I dine here the experience is nothing short of outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningeNestersDined on 9/2/2014We celebrated our 25th at Eddie V's in Downtown. Our table was covered with rose peddles! The staff was amazing from the Manager Mario coming by to say hi and congrats, to our wonderful server Patricia! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!mariVIPDined on 9/1/2014This was our 3rd time to Eddie V's as it has become our very favorite restaurant. We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary and our high expectations for a wonderful evening were exceeded by very warm and personal service, excellent food and romantic atmosphere. Eddie V's really understands and delivers on customer service and fabulous food! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.