Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: (619) 615-0281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (204)romantic (163)fit for foodies (146)notable wine list (119)good for groups (86)vibrant bar scene (64)hot spot (59)neighborhood gem (49)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (18)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- San Diego"s BestSkeetermanDined on 11/23/2014This is an experience in dining not to miss! Everything about this resturant is exceptional. Wonderfully decorated and appointed with a warm, not stuffy, feeling. The staff are outstanding! They are very friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. The food is excellent with many choices to consider. There was nothing here that needed improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's...probably the best restaurant in SD.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Ashley, our server, was one of the best EVER! Her extensive knowledge of the wine list and menu was impressive. She has to be under 25. Ashley, along with support staff, were exemplary at serving our table. Making sure that our every need was accommodated, and we never had to say a word. I am in my fifties and have frequented five star restaurants all over the world. I am ecstatic that this gem of a eatery is right in my own back yard. Brava Ashley, you and Eddie V's are AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MopsieDined on 11/22/2014Loved this Eddie V's...liked it better then their La jolla location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V'semail4caesarDined on 11/19/2014One of our favorite three (favorite seafood!) restaurants in San Diego! Had the halibut and swordfish. The halibut was fantastic but the swordfish, wow! Always great service and fantastic food. I highly recommend you dine at Eddie V's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Eddie V's experience Nov 2014DVaderDined on 11/17/2014I cannot say enough about my Eddie V's experience, from the ease that I was able to make reservations online to being greeted by a gracious hostess, the gregarious waiter, rich, luxurious atmosphere. And then the food! I took a client upon a recommendation by a girl I met at the beach and she was right! We started with the corn chowder and Lobster/crab bisque, then the calamari and dumpling apps-heaven! For dinner we had steak and roast chicken with a side of the crab rice and sugar snap peas. I cannot recommend this place enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally OK but Server was GreatMellowOchreVIPDined on 11/16/2014Overall a good place and food was good. Server was very personable and attentive, always anticipating. Shrimp was a little overcooked or overwarmed... Although I had requested a specific table location the greeter made no attempt to accomodate my request.Special Features:
- A VERY Happy Birthday dinner!FatDumbnHappyinSDDined on 11/15/2014Wanting to do something special to celebrate my wife's birthday, came up with this as the place. This was our second visit to The Headquarters location, and we were not disappointed at all! Enjoyed Happy Hour in the bar with wine and bread, then scrumptious appetizers of crab cakes and yellowtail sashimi. Main course was the Tomahawk rib-eye which was superb. Chose the Brussels sprouts and au gratin potatoes for sides, both very good. My wife was treated with a Bananas Foster for desert, complete with flames and pecan ice cream with butter crumb cake. Normally not a bananas fan, but can only say OMG it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent new choice in San DiegoRbartonDined on 11/15/2014I had a Father/Daughter date night with three of my daughters, and let the restaurant know ahead of time through Open Table that we had to leave by 6:50 am to meet our show time for a Musical at the San Diego Civic Center. Our server had the check to us on time and we made the Musical with time to spare. Service at Eddy Vs was excellent, Food was terrific. Nice ambiance to the dining area. I've been to Eddy Vs in Austin, Texas but this is the first I've been to on the West Coast. They are both very nice. I also noted later that evening that there was a live band and music playing in the Bar area. We definitley will come back again. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!alwayseatingoutVIPDined on 11/14/2014We went there for fish, ended up getting a excellent halibut dish. My 9ther half decided to go for the chicken as recommended by our server and it was dry. The crab cake was amazing and would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner at Eddie V'sCarlosIErealtorDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I had dinner here about two months ago and loved the dining experience so much that we decide to bring our three girls back to the restaurant to celebrate my birthday. The ambiance is sophisticated and stylishly modern. The dining area is a bit on the loud side because they were playing live jazz in the bar, but my girls loved the music. The food was excellent and we enjoy eating the superb choices of fish that they serve along with the excellent side dishes. Everything was delicious. We enjoyed the ceasar salad, truffled mac and cheese, garlic spinach, filet mignon with peppercorn sauce, the salmon, the sole and bananas foster for dessert. Even my nine year old daughter was amazed at how awesome the service was from our waiter and the support staff. Our waiter was V and he was super nice and attentive to us throughout our meal. Hands down this was one of the best dining experiences that our family has had the pleasure of attending. I would highly recommend Eddie V's as a must try restaurant when you are in downtown San DiegoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!NotwonderfulVIPDined on 11/8/2014Everything about our dinner was perfect. Steaks were great as was shrimp dish. A bit pricey but any more than any other top restaurant. Would definitely go,back next time in town.Special Features:
- Good timesLuc2dineDined on 11/8/2014It was our first time at Eddie v's and we enjoyed every part of the dinning experience. The service and food were excellent and the atmosphere was great! I would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine listGreen1Dined on 11/8/2014Could have more reasonably priced bottles (under $40) wine selection... No Pinot Grigio under $40! No reasonably priced Italian reds..Special Features:
- More than I expectedbigcheeseDined on 11/8/2014Had dinner with hubby here on Sat. night. We don't live in San Doeigo, so used Yelp to find this spot. I am on a restrictive diet- everything they made had so much flavor I did not feel deprived. It was chilly inside and my husband asked if they had a wrap I could wear- the waitress brought me a beautiful pashmina to wear. When we finished dinner we left our credit card. Before we got back to our hotel we had avoice mail letting us know so we could retrieve it. I iwhs there were an Eddie V's in Orange County- we have many great restaurants, but this topped them.Special Features:
- We'll go backOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014First time at Eddie V's, the bartender was great while we were waiting for our table, and the service in the dinning room was great as well. Food quality was excellent and the ambiance and comfortable booth were also excellent. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Must Try!!!LdyLeoDined on 11/7/2014This was my first visit to San Diego so I wasnt sure where to go or what places to pick. I choose Eddie V's from all the online reviews and I have to say it was the best choice I could have made. It was a wooonderful place to dine. I will surely be coming back. I wasnt happy with something I picked as my side dish and they took it off of my bill and apologized as if it was there fault I choice that item it was not any fault of there's but they took it off anyway I appreciated that I really did. I was really impressed. I love Eddie V's if you are ever in San Diego please give them a try you wont be disappointed I promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for entertaining clientslovegoodfoodDined on 11/5/2014This is a terrific seafood restaurant for entertaining clients. And it is within walking distance from the San Diego convention center and major convention center hotels. The sauces, the vegetables, the seafood, the wine-all excellent. And the waiter "told the truth" about the menu--as a result, the entree I ultimately chose was exceptional--he guided me with perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The attention to detail was exquisite, from the moment we were seated. Delicious and beautiful food, live jazz in the background, highly attentive service - it was perfect. Not a price we choose to incur regularly, but certainly met the needs of a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BnbsfanDined on 11/4/2014We had an excellent meal with friends and we were lucky enough to dine during the three week season when the Alaskan crab legs were fresh not frozen. They were Amazing - as was the rest of our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed the clients AND the VP!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014I had a special night prepared for my top clients, and it was important that each of them felt welcome and comfortable. Eddie V's put us in a private dining room and attended each of us like royalty. The food was scrumptious (I opted for a fixed menu to match my budget). Especially notable were the crab cake appetizers and chocolate godiva cake.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceADinSD2013Dined on 11/1/2014From the moment we walked in at Eddie V's, we were treated like royalty. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and had indicated that at the time of our reservation. Petal roses were beautifully strewn over our table top with a greeting card with their staff signatures. We ordered calamari and oysters for appetizers, filet mignon and Chilean sea bass for our main entree. The sea bass melted like butter and the filet mignon was the best steak my husband has ever had. We topped it off with Banana foster. They had live music playing nicely in the background. What an amazing dining experience! Everything was so delicious! This is now our new favorite San Diego restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In our neighborhoodMarinaGirlDined on 11/1/2014We really love Eddie V's and have been there several times. Wonderful food and atmosphere. Each of the staff has been outstanding in service and knowledge of menu items, wine, etc. Last visit - we had the large steak (among other things) - very pricey but memorable. The calamari is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic over-the-top serviceMag53Dined on 10/31/2014We loved loved Eddie V's ( 4 of us) and everyone at Eddie V. 'S fantastic, especially Leigh Ann best waitress in town next to Maria from Fleming's! Great experience. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Civilization Should BeSouthofTalbotVIPDined on 10/30/2014ISIS, Ebola, IRS, DoJ, DoS, and general Federal incompetency & corruption dominate the headlines. Go to Eddie V's, have a Martini, a perfect steak, and ... who cares? Exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceEnjoyingSDDined on 10/30/2014Our first time at this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday and the service and food exceeded our expectations. A little pricey but the quality of the food is worth the the cost. We plan to make Eddie V's our special occasion restaurant and recommend it to all who enjoy a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- king1Dined on 10/28/2014The service was very sporadic..the manager tried to make up for it in very nice ways..but the truth is the food and the service were below average. I have been there several times and it used to be excellent but something has happened.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014The food was very good and the service was even better. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Were kind of food snobs as my wife has been my private gourmet chef for the last 30 years...We search for dinning places hoping to find locations in which we can leave content that the food, service and dinning experience leaves us totally satisfied by knowing its as good as home. Eddie V's is at the top of our list and one of the few places our we left totally satisfied. We could not have left happier! Thank you and complements to the Chef and Staff...Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Special OccasionsLuv2EatDined on 10/25/2014The manager and staff were attentive to our every need for our friend's 60th birthday. They had our table ready when we arrived, flowers and champagne waiting. We started with the shellfish tower which was a wonderful beginning to our meal. There was a special birthday dessert at the end. The menu items were thoroughly explained to us and we were told how and where the fish were caught and transported to the restaurant. We had their full attention every step of the way which made it a truly special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About Asood As It Can Get!CaptainCuisineVIPDined on 10/25/2014Eddie V's is so professionally operated. The general manager is a partner in the restaurant and the effectiveness of that formula shows in the incredible attention to detail throughout the entire operation. The service is beyond exceptional, you will never want for a thing. The wine list is extraordinarily diverse with a multitude of excellent selections, the menu choices are widely varied and every dish we have tried has been perfect. This definitely is a top winner in the very competitive San Diego restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sixpacDined on 10/25/2014Entrees were very good, service excelent, but main dish was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeameckVIPDined on 10/24/2014Without a doubt Eddie V's is the finest steakhouse in California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michaelbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Great restaurant. Tried the Eddie V's in Austin and wanted to try here. Worth the trip from Orange CountySpecial Features:
- A real dinner house environment.1bdayDined on 10/18/2014Great for a special evening. It was the 2nd time my steak was medium plus rather than medium rare. I tecommend the seafood more than the steals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OT reserved us at wrong restaurantSimpoeatsDined on 10/18/2014We thought we reserved our time at Eddie V's La Jolla. When we arrived the hostess checked and said Open Table had placed our reservation at down town San Diego instead of La Jolla. She said it's a common mistake that she's seen with Open Table reservations. She said she'll try to fit us in as soon as she could. Our reservation was for 1845. We were not seated until 2030 in the bar section - it's the best she could do. The food was a bit disappointing given the high ratings. The red fish was a bit dry and the 16 oz prime rib was not as flavorful as I was expecting. We've eaten at many high and low end places including, Bel Air Hotel in BV, Chop House, Maestro's, Spago's, Polo Lounge at BV, Royce at Langham Hotel etc. . .Special Features:
- Best Service Ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Linsey and her team did an outstanding job!! Had a group of 18 for my daughter's wedding dinner and the service was excellent. All of the different types of food and every one of them looked and tasted outstanding. I would recommend this resturant to anyone from a small romantic dinner to a large group, Eddie V's is top notch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAitamerarioDined on 10/18/2014Everything was great, the service, the food. Lobster Tacos and the steak five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeCharlesVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great music, great food ... Great service .. All above the norm.. But this time the quality of the steak went way down ... I always order the rib eye and was disappointed ..Special Features:
- Yummy!sandiegoweekendDined on 10/16/2014Fabulous food, fabulous service. The redfish/crab/Meunière dish was amazing. Fuji apple salad was delicious! Great wine selection. The service was exceptional. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- GaiusDined on 10/15/2014o Outstanding in all respects.We n had a Gaiusgreat time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.