Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 6196150281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
339 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (253)romantic (180)fit for foodies (164)notable wine list (151)vibrant bar scene (97)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (59)hot spot (52)late-night find (43)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (8)Show More
- Worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We dined at Eddie V's on our anniversary and had a fabulous experience. The food was phenomenal and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Red rose petals on table, anniversary card signed by all restaurant employees, excellent service, excellent food (we had lobster). The atmosphere was really good; there was a singer and piano player we could hear in the next room. They were really good. My wife and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in 10 years...no jokeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/20143rd annivesary dinner. Everything was incredible. Seabass was outstanding.
- Great foodVisitorDined on 8/15/2014We shared the crab cake for starter, gluten free, very tasty. The mains was a winner - scallops, which were dreamy. The swordfish steak was delicious. The sides of spinach and baked potatoe equally good. Desert was hot chocolate cake was mouth watering. Gluten free desert of berries and cream wasn't tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expected....FunnyMommyDined on 8/14/2014I was excited to take clients to this restaurant just because it is one that I had not been to/tried before. The décor and surroundings were pleasant. The level of service was somewhat unpolished for this type of establishment...although the server was nice she was substandard in her poise and knowledge of entrees. As for the food....not impressed for the price point! The best part of the visit were the desserts by far!!! (We shared the Lemon Meringue and Bananas Flambé w/ice cream). The drinks were great, we had The Moscow Mule, Lemon Drop Martini. My Chilean Seabass was bland, the petit filet was overcooked...and I'm only speaking for half of the table as I was afraid to ask what my guests thought of the meal since I was "treating"!
- Below par!!dinerDined on 8/9/2014First of all, the air conditioning was WAAAY TOO COLD!!!! We were told that it would be turned down...it wasn't!!I was offered a pashmina....ironic, isn't it? If they have to offer that, doesn't it mean that it's WAAAAY TOO COLD??? Our waiter was excellent; my food was good, but when the air came on, it blew directly on my fries & they were TOO COLD TO EAT!!! Besides being WAAAY TOO SALTY!!! And....shouldn't a restaurant of this caliber supply diners with a butter knife instead of us having to use a dinner knife? This was not our best dining experience.
- AMAZING!cassiep6Dined on 8/9/2014Best meal I've ever had! Crab cake is to die for! Todd was an awesome server, one of the best we've ever had. Very attentive and nice, gave the best recommendations! Loved this restaurant and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FishBEARVIPDined on 8/8/2014There was four of us and we all order different kinds of fish. They were all cooked perfectly and very delicious. The wait staff was very friendly and efficient. I recommend eating upstairs it's less hectic than downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I highly recommendCarlaDined on 8/5/2014This is my new favorite restaurant in San Diego :)Special Features:
- Nice place with ok foodOhmanVIPDined on 8/5/2014We ordered d calamari appetizer, a little spicy but overall, tasty. Lobster bisque was a little too watered down for my liking. Hubby had d swordfish which was slightly overcooked, my steamed Chilean seabass was a little fishy with soy sauce as it's base (omg!) Couldn't eat d spinach underneath d fish as it was soaked in soya sauce. Ordered crab fried rice (think it was fried with butter as it tasted too rich), brussel sprouts with bacon was over charred and spinach with cheese was ok. Service I hv to say was above average as I can see d server goes above n beyond in trying to ensure we r well taken care of. Afterwhich, had a call d next day fr d restaurant asking for feedback fr our dining experience n that's a first for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSaladMoleculesDined on 8/2/2014Came here for dinner with my fiancé for dinner after i popped the question. The staff made everything very special. Thank you guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRobertaVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went to Eddie V's for our anniversary and were extremely impressed. Had a drink at the bar and the bartender asked each customer their name and then remembered them all when leaving. Our dinner was outstanding as well as our server. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Truffle Mac and Cheese EverOzzyVIPDined on 8/2/2014I would defiantly go back just for the truffle mac and cheese. It was the best I've had at such a great price point. The service was also spectacular. I went for an anniversary dinner and they had the table set up with rose petals and a nice anniversary card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food but very bad mannersjzairickDined on 8/1/2014Our reservation was 9:30 and we were seated 10:15 (45 minutes after) and the only thing we they said was sorry, that the table enforce us was taking more time than expected. This delay in our seating caused the rest of our night to be in dishes brought in a hurry and everyone looking eager to go home. If you have seated us at our original time, this wouldn't have happenedSpecial Features:
- Eddie Vs on HarborFrankChopDined on 7/29/2014Eddie Vs was outstanding both in service and food. The staff worked as a team and really went out of their way to make us feel special and welcome. Highly recommended for a great meal and top notch service. The prices were reasonable for the high level of service. They had live Jazz music playing in the lounge which could be heard in the dining area, but it was not overbearing so did not hinder our conversation.Special Features:
- Best Fish on the Planet!WillyDined on 7/28/2014Great Service, Wine list is wonderful both at the high end and moderate price as well Fish selections and Beef that are simply the BEST!Special Features:
- Great place to dineAloeraDined on 7/26/2014We absolutely loved the food and service was excellent, from the minute we walked in to ordering dessert ... Live music in the background sealed the dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word, superb!AlakaLazloVIPDined on 7/26/2014I am not easily impressed. But Eddie V's and our waiter Kai (Sp?) were a wonderful surprise. We were attending ComicCon and needed a nice dinner. It was a short walk form the convention center and they could seat us at the time we needed. The food was exquisite. Every bite! Martinis, Apple Salad and Lobster Bisque starters; seared Ahi and scallops, and chocolate cake for dessert. All excellent. 10 out of 10 for taste and presentation. And the waitstaff was also superb. Kai (I hope I spelled it right) was knowledgeable about every dish. He was on top of everything. When reviewing a top-notch place, it sometimes comes down to the details. Eddie V's nailed them all!Special Features:
- One of the best fish dishes everSD4BrianVIPDined on 7/25/2014We celebrated our 1st Anniv here and I really thank the staff for their extra attention and treats. Highlight was the two mains we had-scallops and sole. The lemon sole was one of the best fish dishes I've had in SD let alone in my travels. Kudos to the kitchen crew for putting out such a quality dish and for the spot on serviceSpecial Features:
- First Time VisitSweetpea32VIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I tried Eddie V's as a recommendation from a friend while we were in town for Comic Con. The restaurant was very nice. They sat us in the center where the wine cellar was located & we were very impressed. Also, there was live jazz playing in the adjacent bar that we were able to hear while we dined. My husband ordered the scallops & brussel sprouts & they were perfect. I ordered the 8 oz filet & truffled mac & cheese. Unfortunately, my steak came out over cooked. They were very quick to cook me a new one. The second one came out very under cooked & the manager made sure to cook me a new one. They were kind to comp my steak and offer a free dessert. They did a great job in accommodating me. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyBananaDined on 7/24/2014The best dining experience of 2014 by far. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration at Eddie V'sSdSpeedDeamonDined on 7/22/2014We had an excellent time enjoying my wife's birthday at Eddie V's in downtown San Diego on July 22. The food is outstanding, a little pricey but worth it, and the service is above and beyond the call of duty.Special Features:
- amazing!luvEddieV2014Dined on 7/20/2014My wife and I stayed at the us grand hotel. We asked a the man at the front desk about a nice place to eat and listen to jazz. He recommended eddy v's. He said that everyone that went had nothing but good things to say about the place. We decided to go and we were not disappointed. The food was great and the live jazz band was incredible. We went on a Sunday night, luckily we made reservations ahead of time online. We sat in the bar at a booth right in front of the band. We really enjoyed ourselves and my wife couldn't wait to get back to LA and brag to her friends about how nice the experience was. If you're ever in San Diego do yourself a favor and stop by Eddie V's. You'll love it. D.PriceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeedoDined on 7/19/2014I had reservations but gave them up to sit at the bar to listen to the music. Our table was big enough to have dinner. Loved the music!Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner at the Headquarters @ Seaport Village. The food was great and the service was outstanding. My wife's Sea Bass & my Ribeye were both excellent. Many people came by our table to wish us a Happy Anniversary. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightejhansenDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Eddie V's and had a wonderful experience. From the hosts, to our server, Ky, and our meal, was all just amazing. They placed us at a table complete with rose pedals and an anniversary card signed by the staff. They truly treated us like royalty which made the occasion so much more special. I don't usually provide comments, but I highly recommend Eddie V's for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulousdine2wineDined on 7/16/2014Food was wonderful. Highly recommend the crab cake. Beautiful decor and ambience. Unique menu and perfect service. Can't wait to dine at this Eddie V again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at Eddie V'sfoodie37Dined on 7/14/2014The service was great and the food was fantastic. The steak, oysters, lobster and bisque were our selections and they met our criteria for "fantastic". The wine list was also excellent - by the bottle and even by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Seafood RestaurantTheSinjoorDined on 7/13/2014Prime seafood restaurant in San Diego ... succulent fish, good portions, great presentation, friendly and helpful service. Truffle mac & cheese has actual truffles.Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014My fiancee and I have a new favorite restaurant. We are awed by your professionalism and friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!Foodlover1VIPDined on 7/12/2014Our first visit---but not our last---was excellent in every way. The reception was professional, the waiter professional but friendly and knew the menu very well, and service from all concerned exceptional. The food was very good--we both had soft shell crab appetizer, and both had different fish for entrée, and shared a dessert. Though I missed the call, Monica called the next day to see if we were pleased with everything. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!locallr2003VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is spectacular and the service is too. My son and I ordered the special sea bass and Florida grouper and both of us tried the others. We are sure our fish dishes were the best we had ever had. The mushroom salad is amazing and it is a dish we will always order that in the future. I did not check the other boxes above because I just don't know, my experience was having a wonderful dinner with my wonderful son,Special Features:
- Great foodEatwell4Dined on 7/11/2014I had read previous reviews that raved about the food and service and was not disappointed. As it was our first time here, my husband and I asked for recommendations from our waiter and the selections were right on. We started with the calamari, which was spicy and tender. Yum! Then I had the scallops and my husband had filet mignon. Both were exceptional. The staff at this restaurant were all friendly and attentive to our needs. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that are looking for great food along with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food done wellenonymousDined on 7/9/2014The menu and execution strike an exceptional balance of flavors and choices. The portions are large and commensurate with price. Atmosphere is dressy-casual while the decor and music produces a romantic mood. Live jazz is a bonus, sit in the bar if you're in the mood for shakin' your tail a little. Definitely would recommend this restaurant, satisfies my foodie appetite for steak and seafood choices in American fusion and traditional dishes.Special Features:
- Love Eddie V'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Our first time at Eddie V's at The Headquarters. Great location. Wonderful ambiance. Fantastic food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningouterDined on 7/8/2014This was our first time at Eddie V's and we were very pleased! It has a cozy, welcoming atmosphere - perfect for couples or groups. Our waiter helped introduce us to the menu and the food was superb! We didn't have an opportunity to enjoy the bar, but we checked it out and can't wait to return! A terrific addition to the downtown area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedrjeatsDined on 7/8/2014The filet mignon was flavorful and tender. No view to speak of, only the lounge has windows. We were not seated in the main dining room, but in a smaller room that had little ambiance. The lobster bisque was thin with no so much as a hint of the Cognac. Potatoes Au Gratin were soupy and cold. The manager passed our table twice and didn't even make eye contact. The weight staff seemed uncomfortable and inexperienced, but pleasant. The live jazz was in fact Frank Sinatra tunes. Not what I expected when the website said live jazz. I am not likely to return in the near future. Too many other good restaurants downtown to chose from.
- Steak and JazzcamscriptDined on 7/6/2014The ambiance was cool, contemporary, quiet. An up-to-date feel to classic steakhouse style. To start, we shared 6 oysters on the half shell - choice of 3 sauces: mignonette, cocktail, and horseradish - fresh and lovely. Then we shared the crab cake appetizer, which was perfect seared crispy with lots of crab and not overpowered with mayo. For entree I had the 8 oz. filet with crab meat and asparagus - delicious and cooked to perfection. My partner had the lemon sole - the flavor of the lemon sauce was excellent but the fish disappeared in the panko breading. For dessert - the Godiva hot chocolate cake - just.... Yum! Excellent service throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceShortyDined on 7/6/2014My hubby and I enjoyed an early dinner on a Sunday evening. The food was scrumptious. From the oysters, salad, and entrees. The blt wedge is BIG, we shared and we were very satisfied. My husband had the salmon and asparagus. Very delish. I had the lobster tacos and they were perfect. To end the meal we shared the bananas foster dessert. It is to die for. The service was fantastic. Our server Christopher M was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinerDined on 7/5/2014Food was very good. Service was excellent! We enjoyed our first dining experience at Eddie V's very much Our top favorite dishes include the crab cake as an appetizer, and banana foster butter cake as a dessert. We'll definitely come back, and will recommend this place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.