Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 6196150281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (221)romantic (175)fit for foodies (155)notable wine list (136)good for groups (87)vibrant bar scene (64)neighborhood gem (57)hot spot (57)late-night find (28)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014The food was very good and the service was even better. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Were kind of food snobs as my wife has been my private gourmet chef for the last 30 years...We search for dinning places hoping to find locations in which we can leave content that the food, service and dinning experience leaves us totally satisfied by knowing its as good as home. Eddie V's is at the top of our list and one of the few places our we left totally satisfied. We could not have left happier! Thank you and complements to the Chef and Staff...Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About Asood As It Can Get!CaptainCuisineDined on 10/25/2014Eddie V's is so professionally operated. The general manager is a partner in the restaurant and the effectiveness of that formula shows in the incredible attention to detail throughout the entire operation. The service is beyond exceptional, you will never want for a thing. The wine list is extraordinarily diverse with a multitude of excellent selections, the menu choices are widely varied and every dish we have tried has been perfect. This definitely is a top winner in the very competitive San Diego restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Entrees were very good, service excelent, but main dish was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeameckVIPDined on 10/24/2014Without a doubt Eddie V's is the finest steakhouse in California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michaelbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Great restaurant. Tried the Eddie V's in Austin and wanted to try here. Worth the trip from Orange CountySpecial Features:
- A real dinner house environment.1bdayDined on 10/18/2014Great for a special evening. It was the 2nd time my steak was medium plus rather than medium rare. I tecommend the seafood more than the steals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OT reserved us at wrong restaurantSimpoeatsDined on 10/18/2014We thought we reserved our time at Eddie V's La Jolla. When we arrived the hostess checked and said Open Table had placed our reservation at down town San Diego instead of La Jolla. She said it's a common mistake that she's seen with Open Table reservations. She said she'll try to fit us in as soon as she could. Our reservation was for 1845. We were not seated until 2030 in the bar section - it's the best she could do. The food was a bit disappointing given the high ratings. The red fish was a bit dry and the 16 oz prime rib was not as flavorful as I was expecting. We've eaten at many high and low end places including, Bel Air Hotel in BV, Chop House, Maestro's, Spago's, Polo Lounge at BV, Royce at Langham Hotel etc. . .Special Features:
- Best Service Ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Linsey and her team did an outstanding job!! Had a group of 18 for my daughter's wedding dinner and the service was excellent. All of the different types of food and every one of them looked and tasted outstanding. I would recommend this resturant to anyone from a small romantic dinner to a large group, Eddie V's is top notch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAitamerarioDined on 10/18/2014Everything was great, the service, the food. Lobster Tacos and the steak five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeCharlesVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great music, great food ... Great service .. All above the norm.. But this time the quality of the steak went way down ... I always order the rib eye and was disappointed ..Special Features:
- Yummy!sandiegoweekendDined on 10/16/2014Fabulous food, fabulous service. The redfish/crab/Meunière dish was amazing. Fuji apple salad was delicious! Great wine selection. The service was exceptional. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- GaiusDined on 10/15/2014o Outstanding in all respects.We n had a Gaiusgreat time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food FindWendellVIPDined on 10/12/2014This is the 4th time I have dined at Eddie V's and I wasn't disappointed. The food, wine and service is exceptional. I make it a point to look for Eddie V's wherever I may be traveling.Special Features:
- Awesome Birthday DinnerEvi1winsDined on 10/11/2014The entire experience including our waitress Miss Robayo was very delightful! Her service was exceptional and the food made my knees buckle! Highly recommend the steak and lobster tartar! We can't wait to come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ExperienceRickVIPDined on 10/9/2014Like it's Austin cousin, the San Diego restauant featured live jazz, graat food and service, ambiance and style. Both thumbs upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service EmergenceAhiLoverDined on 10/9/2014From reservation to phone follow up, clarification of seating preferences, to server personality, food and wine knowledge--and recommendations, and finally to the phone call of appreciation and e-mail invitation to take this opportunity to express my pleasure at the awareness and positive steps to make a change in the lack of 'SERVICE' in this industry (and most others) has my highest recommendation! Ahi suggestion: when I order Ahi, I do not expect gristle that I would encounter eating carne asada. Give me less but ask the chef to trim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WombyDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service. Definitely would recommend to all and will visit again real soon.
- And you get musicCarlaDined on 10/7/2014In addition to being a beautiful venue, with impecible service, there is live entertainment in the bar nightly! This singer sounded just like Tony Bennett. It is not a hot spot, but we had a wonderful birthday experience with our 96 year "young" Aunt.Special Features:
- First TimerWebberwarriorVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have been wanting to visit an Eddie V's and so I did. The food was great. Oysters were good but a little steep in price. I would definetly do it again.Special Features:
- Good for BusinessAugustineDined on 10/7/2014A very nice, relaxing atmosphere with a friendly staff. Drinks were great, food was terrific. Be sure to order the crab cakes and calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicelamcoctcelebsDined on 10/6/2014Overall it was excellent - ambience, food, live music,location.Price is equivalet to a fine dining experience. Receptionist was good to follow up reservation and seated us to another table per request (there was a loud group beside us).Except, for our table server. Everybody was not happy in her service. She didnt help us with the menu so it took awhile for us to decide. Because a person has shellfish allergies so she asked about a fish dish and the server described the dish but no suggestions given. She seemed to be in a hurry. Not smiling a lot. The space will not be enough to add some more notes. Unfortunately we were expecting much bec this was planned a yr ahead for the birthday celebrants. First and last for eddie v's for our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceBrit1Dined on 10/4/2014The food was good, but the Banana's Foster was to die for! Nice ambiance, not for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill SlideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by a very high end client who said it's the best food she'd ever had! The Maryland crab cake app was terrific indeed, and I'm from Maryland! The wine, although very good, was not worth $80 a bottle, I felt $65 was more appropriate, but I continued to have a good time. Then the entrees came. The lobster was salt and overcooked; the scallops were burned and also overdone. Side dishes at additional cost, were swimming in butter. We split an appetizer and had no dessert. For $315 dinner for two, I will not go back.Special Features:
- Superb food and serviceCarlosIErealtorDined on 10/4/2014Awesome dining experience with very attentive and thoughtful, pleasant service from staff. Food was high quality, tasted great and presented well. My wife couldn't stop talking about what a great time she had at this restaurant and how she can't wait to come back. The bar was very elegant with well informed and pleasant bartenders. Great location, right by Seaport Village and close to Gaslamp hotelsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in San Diego!KandJfromIndyDined on 10/4/2014I am a steak snob! I don't mind paying extra for a great steak. I've been disappointed at Steakhouses around the country that have pretty solid reputations. So when the waiter was commenting on the high quality of the steaks, you can bet I was thinking...."I'm sure you think so". Glad I didn't say it out loud...I would have been eating my words! As good a Ribeye steak as I have had anywhere...bar none! Wife had seafood and loved it. Service and Attention to Detail...impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceWhere2eatDined on 10/3/2014Picked this restaurant to eat because it was highly rated on Internet sites. Visiting the area and was pleased with the choice. Great variety of seafood dishes. I am not a foodie, just enjoy a good dining experience. I would go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Dinner out of TownLauraLVIPDined on 10/3/2014We chose this restaurant because it was near where we were staying and didn't want to have to go far. I had the scallops - which were perfectly done and seasoned well. The only thing I didn't care for was the "au gratin" potatoes...very bland...but the restaurant is lovely - the wine choices were great - we both enjoyed it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Spot For Special OccasionCraigDined on 10/2/2014Located in the Headquarters. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so impressedlovetotryfoodDined on 10/1/2014I came to this restaurant because of the good reviews from Yelp. First off, there is a terrible smell when you walk in to this restaurant. It was not pleasing. The food was mediocre. I had much better fish in Chicago, where I am from. It was a bit salty for my taste. I would not recommend this restaurant. It did not win my taste buds over.Special Features:
- DeckerColoradoDined on 9/29/2014Trevor, our waiter was amazing...made great recommendations that we totally enjoyed. The entire staff was very nice...from the moment we checked in with the hostesses to moment we walked out the door, everyone was attentive and accommodating. Thank you for a very special nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Died and went to heaven.FatkidfoodieDined on 9/28/2014The food here was absolutely marvelous! It was for sure a five star food experience sans dinner jacket. The atmosphere was casual so there was no pressure to dress fancy, and just in case you're outside dining at night and feel that cool harbor breeze, Eddie V's has cashmere shawls to keep you warm as well as an impressive wine list! If I were stranded on a desert island and I only had one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would absolutely have to be their truffle baked macaroni and cheese! Every bite was bliss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceEddieVsSDDined on 9/28/2014Great food, done well. It will be one of my "go to" places when I'm in SD.Special Features:
- BobKDined on 9/28/2014thought the food was very good quality but very bland in taste.
- traceyDined on 9/27/2014when I booked my reservation I stated it as for a birthday and they actually remembered. A card signed by the staff was waiting for me with a sign on the table. Our waiter adam was very attentive and very helpful in picking our entrees for the evening. The choices were outstanding. The lemon sole and the Char were delicious along with the crab fried rice. Our appetizer were oysters - very good !. Dinner was topped off with Bananans Foster. we never felt rushed and the wine selection was very good. The La Jolla site probably has a better view but they were booked for the time I wanted. I will try that site soon.Special Features:
- kabuVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a very nice evening at Eddie V's. The bar scene for happy hour was energetic and fun. The bartender made everyone feel like they were family. The food was over and above "bar" food and when we were seated in the dining room things got even better. The steaks are surely prime and the swordfish was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My family and I ate at Eddie V's for the first time during restaurant week. The restaurant is beautiful and has a lovely ambiance. The food and service was impeccable. From the starters to dessert. We would definitely come back anytime and dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaraunt Week GemMatthew21Dined on 9/26/2014Outstanding service from the moment we set foot inside. Comfortable modern decor. Great food (salmon and filet Mignon) and a touch of live jazz to close out a really nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondDdarlineDined on 9/26/2014I must say I was pretty impressed with my overall experience with included making a reservation on Open Table to my dining experience. I've made reservations prior on Open Table and Eddie V's was the only one to call me the day of to confirm my reservation. Nice! When my party arrived before me, they were given the option to sit at the table or get a table in the lounge/bar area for happy hour. When I arrived (which was just minutes before our 6pm reservation) were were escorted to our table and everything was laid out. Upon receiving our bread & butter, which were totally delicious, we ordered our meal for restaurant week. From appetizer to dessert, everything was perfection. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, but not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2014We were excited about trying Eddie V's as I had heard good things about the overall dining experience. While the food was okay, it was not as good as expected. My filet mignon was fatty, something I rarely find at a fine dining spot. The service was mediocre at best. Even though the restaurant was fairly empty when we arrived, water glasses were not filled up regularly, desserts took a very long time and no one came to ask how our food was until a while after it was delivered. Still not a bad place, just not quite up to expectations given their prices.Special Features: