Eddie V's - San Diego
789 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Shelter Island / San Diego Bay
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - San Diego
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 6196150281
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 4pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Moran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Relax in our V Lounge where you can enjoy live music every night of the week. It's the perfect place to meet your friends and make new ones.
A word from Eddie V's - San Diego
Join us at Eddie V's - San Diego; and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically…… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Compliment your meal with a selection from our wine menu, an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Shelter Island / San Diego Bay ›
Eddie V's - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
296 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (227)romantic (174)fit for foodies (141)notable wine list (135)vibrant bar scene (77)good for groups (66)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (50)late-night find (36)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (10)scenic view (6)Show More
- Pleasant Surprise Great MealMehhhVIPDined on 9/14/2014In town for business dinner for 2. Picked based on review and location to the hotel, across the street. The Tuna and Mahi Mahi cuts were like beef filets and exceptional, the balance of the salads and sides- very good. Service by Domenica was outstanding. I would not hesitate to return the next time in San Diego.
- Amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The appetizers are quite filling, we ordered the batterfried oysters -- 5 large plump oysters with a dollop of yellow curry sauce on top, each sitting on pickled cucumber and crispy lotus root --amazing!! We also had the Maine lobster taco appetizer -- 2 taco's filled with sweet lobster claw meat -- also delicious but messy (as expected). Our entrees were: swordfish which was cooked perfectly-- so tender and moist with a pile of crab and avocado and a hint of red chili & citrus--the flavor was bright and fresh; and the halibut which was also cooked perfectly and served in a more rustic preparation over a bed of tender edamame, sweet corn and smoky nuggets of pork shank in a rich smoky sauce. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert!!Special Features:
- Terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2014save room for the banana foster butter cake. its surreal!Special Features:
- Great Jazz with Good FoodjawsDined on 9/11/2014It was a birthday dinner and I was delighted by the attentive service, fabulous Jazz quartet, their thoughtfulness with the Desert for the celebrant. Very very nice experience.Special Features:
- FitFoodGuyFitfoodyguyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Was on a trip to San Diego and was looking for a steakhouse. A friend recommended Eddie v's and I ended up getting seafood because the menu was so great!!! My gf had the steak and she actually finished the fillet for a first! Great service, great music, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An AMAZING experience at Eddie VsNYCfoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014I was visiting San Diego for a long romantic getaway weekend with my girlfriend and wanted to do what we call a "sexy dinner". Being from NYC, we LOVE amazing food and an environment where we can dress up and have a romantic night out for dinner and drinks. Eddie Vs was the PERFECT place. We got there a few minutes early and went to the V Lounge for a cocktail and to enjoy the live jazz music while our table was prepared. Cocktails were strong, and reasonably priced. We ordered the Lump Crab Cake and Fried Oyster appetizers which were INCREDIBLE. We ordered the Surf and Turf special and the Scallops. Both were amazing and cooked to perfection. Service was fast and frequent. Highly recommend this place for any special occasion for a couple.Special Features:
- Dinner at Eddie VsdanielpirainoDined on 9/6/2014This was a repeat after a very bad experience several months ago. This time everything was great. The server (Domenica) was attentive but not obtrusive. The food was outstanding and the wine went well with our food selections. It was an overall wonderful experience.Special Features:
- great for birthdays6x6cubeDined on 9/6/2014The food was awesome starting from the appetizer. The seafood and steak choices are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Wow WowAnonymousVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is the sort of dining establishment I associate with Las Vegas. Huge, polished, food faultless & generally making an oversize impression of effortless abundance. They made every effort to accommodate & made it seem as though doing so was a pleasant diversion. The food was outstanding. We had the lobster tacos which we loved, but it was all sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSunDiegoDined on 9/5/2014Simply amazing. The service, food and atmosphere was great. I highly recommend Eddie V's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat2enjoyDined on 9/5/2014Over the top waiter. Need to listen to our answers. Give us 15 to 20 minutes to enjoy our cocktail does not mean check back every 3 to 5 minutes. To much sunlight through the front door. No way to shade the direct sunlight in our faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableLovingcaliforniaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Service and food were outstanding. Manager personally made sure we were well taken care of. Called us by name each time he came to the table.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Every time my husband and I dine here the experience is nothing short of outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningeNestersDined on 9/2/2014We celebrated our 25th at Eddie V's in Downtown. Our table was covered with rose peddles! The staff was amazing from the Manager Mario coming by to say hi and congrats, to our wonderful server Patricia! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!mariVIPDined on 9/1/2014This was our 3rd time to Eddie V's as it has become our very favorite restaurant. We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary and our high expectations for a wonderful evening were exceeded by very warm and personal service, excellent food and romantic atmosphere. Eddie V's really understands and delivers on customer service and fabulous food! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDLvgatorfanDined on 8/31/2014Tried this restaurant for first time had never heard of it We were very glad that we did sitting right away had early reservations so place was not over crowded and very quiet easy to have conversation I had a ribeye and wife had lobster both were excellent Steak just melted in your mouth and cooked just right Wife said lobster tasted great just the right seasoning Service was very good and just the right amount of attentiveness and never felt rushed though out the meal Manager came over to see if everything was to our satisfaction This may have been our first time but it won't be our lastSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantKevoDined on 8/30/2014We had a great time Saturday night. Had a little issue with an entree but they took care of it immediately. The staff could not be better, very friendly and helpful. We plan a return visit very soon.Special Features:
- So specialJMG2000Dined on 8/28/2014We made last-minute reservations to celebrate my husband's birthday. Not only did they fit us in, they made the evening so special, complete with a birthday card signed by the entire staff and a delicious personalized, complimentary dessert. Our waitress was warm, friendly, and helpful without being over-bearing, and the food was outstanding. Best shrimp cocktail and lobster bisque we have ever tasted. I wish we lived in San Diego so we could celebrate every special occasion at Eddie V's!Special Features:
- Fun and FoodiecavityninjaDined on 8/28/2014This was the perfect place to bring our out of town family. We had a big group and there was plenty of room. Food was EXCELLENT. Tuna tartar and calamari were some of our favorites. Everyone loved their dish and hubby said his steak was better than a lot of the steakhouses in San Diego. Kuddos to Chef Brian and his staff.Special Features:
- Flawless From Start to FinishCaptainCuisineDined on 8/26/20142nd time to V's. Best seats are in booth 133. Good jazz sounds (though they need a female torch singer VS guys singing 50's stuff). Ordered the Chilean Sea Bass and my wife had the steak. This was absolutely the best seafood dish I have ever tasted. Perfectly prepared, medium rare, moist, tender & offset with mild soy and spinach. Nothing to detract from the delicate flavor of the fish. My wife's filet was top grade, cooked perfectly and oh so tender. Ashley was our server & she was the ultimate professional, knowledgeable, articulate and great on repeated call backs. We wanted for nothing. One of the best all time experiences, obviously operated by consummate restaurant professionals.Special Features:
- Excellent Lobster!d828VIPDined on 8/25/2014Went for dinner. Excellent food, and presentation. Bisque was excellent as we're the twin lobster tails. My wife hates beets and she loved the candies beets with pecans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edie V's is the place to be.KarlasKreationsDined on 8/24/2014We had the most wonderful dinner and anniversary celebration at Eddie V's. It was for my sisters 47 th and the food was phenomenal. But Swordfish and crab. Amazing. Sher and Dons anniversary. Service was exceptional. They make you feel like Royalty. I had the scallops. Melt in your mouth luxury. more importantly the ambience was unbelievable. They had rose petals on the table with a lovely anniversary card waiting for us when we arrived. And the service was top-notch. Our server, Ky was beyond belief. I highly recommend this as a wonderful five-star dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect dinner!junaceDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent; service was superb! Perfect place for my birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLandGboydDined on 8/23/2014We celebrated our birthdays and was very impressed with the quality, taste and presentation of our meal. The birthday cards, signed by the staff was a nice personal touch and the complementary dessert was much appreciated. Our server was pleasant, gracious, professional and very accommodating. Only negative, and a very small one, was that Ginger was craving a glass of Riesling but there was none to be had. Overall the evening was a great success with excellent food and service. We have added Eddie-V's to our list of very special places to dine.Special Features:
- Great seafoodsteveb99Dined on 8/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the food, the seafood tower was great with fantastic oysters. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicaragrynzDined on 8/22/2014First time at the downtown location because I was hesitant and wanted the view like at La Jolla but this locations dining experience definitely makes up for it with elegance and vibe from the management/staff. We celebrated a special occasion and got treated with rose petals, free wine and deserts at no cost. The live music was outstanding as well. I'd recommend this location to anyone and will visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad You Had Red Fish on the MenuTexanSassDined on 8/22/2014As a native Texan, I was surprised and delighted to see that you had gulf Red Fish on your menu. What a treat! Everything was wonderful, from food to service, and we had a terrific time.Special Features:
- An OK restaurantfrankie4487Dined on 8/22/2014we went there for a friend's birthday, there were 6 of us. we were seated in a small table without sufficient space for all the dishes that we ordered. The food was just ok, not exceptional for a restaurant like this. they dont have in house pastry chef and so I need to buy the cake outside. However, our waitress was funny and attentive. She was the best part of the evening
- great food and ambiancerenodaveDined on 8/18/2014loved the scallops and grouper so much, came back the next night for ribeye and seabass!!!Special Features:
- Worth it!foodfanDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Eddie V's on our anniversary and had a fabulous experience. The food was phenomenal and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45th wedding anniversarygp2dineDined on 8/17/2014Red rose petals on table, anniversary card signed by all restaurant employees, excellent service, excellent food (we had lobster). The atmosphere was really good; there was a singer and piano player we could hear in the next room. They were really good. My wife and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in 10 years...no jokefunky382Dined on 8/15/20143rd annivesary dinner. Everything was incredible. Seabass was outstanding.
- Great foodVisitorDined on 8/15/2014We shared the crab cake for starter, gluten free, very tasty. The mains was a winner - scallops, which were dreamy. The swordfish steak was delicious. The sides of spinach and baked potatoe equally good. Desert was hot chocolate cake was mouth watering. Gluten free desert of berries and cream wasn't tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expected....FunnyMommyDined on 8/14/2014I was excited to take clients to this restaurant just because it is one that I had not been to/tried before. The décor and surroundings were pleasant. The level of service was somewhat unpolished for this type of establishment...although the server was nice she was substandard in her poise and knowledge of entrees. As for the food....not impressed for the price point! The best part of the visit were the desserts by far!!! (We shared the Lemon Meringue and Bananas Flambé w/ice cream). The drinks were great, we had The Moscow Mule, Lemon Drop Martini. My Chilean Seabass was bland, the petit filet was overcooked...and I'm only speaking for half of the table as I was afraid to ask what my guests thought of the meal since I was "treating"!
- Below par!!dinerDined on 8/9/2014First of all, the air conditioning was WAAAY TOO COLD!!!! We were told that it would be turned down...it wasn't!!I was offered a pashmina....ironic, isn't it? If they have to offer that, doesn't it mean that it's WAAAAY TOO COLD??? Our waiter was excellent; my food was good, but when the air came on, it blew directly on my fries & they were TOO COLD TO EAT!!! Besides being WAAAY TOO SALTY!!! And....shouldn't a restaurant of this caliber supply diners with a butter knife instead of us having to use a dinner knife? This was not our best dining experience.
- AMAZING!cassiep6Dined on 8/9/2014Best meal I've ever had! Crab cake is to die for! Todd was an awesome server, one of the best we've ever had. Very attentive and nice, gave the best recommendations! Loved this restaurant and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little chilly!Boza2211Dined on 8/8/2014We chose Eddie Vs as a new dining experience to us on vacation in SD. The food and wine choices were excellent and the waitress did not fuss around or bother us. The portions were big and good value for money and the ambience ok but a little noisy sometimes as we sat upstairs near a large group. My only issue was that the aircon was ferocious and we were chilly at times but that may be just where we sat. We would dine here again but away from the icy blasting aircon next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FishBEARVIPDined on 8/8/2014There was four of us and we all order different kinds of fish. They were all cooked perfectly and very delicious. The wait staff was very friendly and efficient. I recommend eating upstairs it's less hectic than downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I highly recommendCarlaDined on 8/5/2014This is my new favorite restaurant in San Diego :)Special Features:
- Nice place with ok foodOhmanVIPDined on 8/5/2014We ordered d calamari appetizer, a little spicy but overall, tasty. Lobster bisque was a little too watered down for my liking. Hubby had d swordfish which was slightly overcooked, my steamed Chilean seabass was a little fishy with soy sauce as it's base (omg!) Couldn't eat d spinach underneath d fish as it was soaked in soya sauce. Ordered crab fried rice (think it was fried with butter as it tasted too rich), brussel sprouts with bacon was over charred and spinach with cheese was ok. Service I hv to say was above average as I can see d server goes above n beyond in trying to ensure we r well taken care of. Afterwhich, had a call d next day fr d restaurant asking for feedback fr our dining experience n that's a first for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.