Eddie V's - La Jolla
1270 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: (858) 459-5500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: Lounges open at 4pm, dinner service begins at 5pm, close at 10pm Saturday & Sunday: Lunch from 11am-3pm, dinner service begins at 4pm , close at 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Gardner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music nightly in the V lounge.
A word from Eddie V's - La Jolla
For the freshest seafood, steak, and rhythm the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood in La Jolla. The menu features a tour of the best of what the world's oceans have to offer. Additional features include prime steaks, signature appetizers and salads, and house made desserts. Located on Prospect Street in the Village with expansive views of the Shores, the Cove, and the Pacific. Eddie V's atmosphere is a fantastic high energy dining experience. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Our Award Winning wine list features over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - La Jolla - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Eddie V's - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (215)special occasion (191)romantic (159)great for outdoor dining (140)fit for foodies (123)hot spot (79)notable wine list (74)neighborhood gem (73)good for groups (65)vibrant bar scene (64)great for lunch (38)great for brunch (16)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Typical pricey dining, exec chef...NewbieFauntleroyDined on 11/11/2014...actually visited concerning my allergy! However very nice waitress wrong about three dishes, and special appetizer came out with sauce (remoulade/aioli) that I cannot have and had to be removed untouched. Room too cold for my wife, AC tuned down after awhile but by dessert cold again. Filet mignon and sides were fine, scallops more interesting with citrus fruit presentation, nicely seared and tender. We went at an early time during winter, so dark we couldn't appreciate view. All in all nice but not special.Special Features:
- Bananas Foster, Lobster Tacos & MaxCristaLuvDined on 11/10/2014From the moment we arrived we had a 5 star experience. The valet staff and hostess were friendly and courtesy. We had a reservation for 8, the table was out on the patio overlooking the Pacific Ocean with lights from La Jolla Shores flickering in the background. The music from the 2nd story patio was a great addition to the ambience. Max Diamond is an extraordinary waiter. His energy was infectious and he took excellent care of our table. Wine, cocktails and lobster tacos to start, followed by Chilean Sea Bass, Steak and Scallops perfectly timed and still warm. The wait staff worked quietly, we didn't even notice that they were there. We ended the night with the Bananas Foster, a dessert experience you should not miss. Simply Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnJohnVIPDined on 11/9/2014We visited this restaurant on our 24th Anniversary and it was grand! Special attention was given all around making it a most pleasant experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding view and ambiancemaryannVIPDined on 11/9/2014I return to Eddie V every time I visit the San Diego/La Jolla areaSpecial Features:
- Saturday eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/8/2014Went for dinner with my wife after flight from Atlanta. Good drinks, great crab/corn chowder and the ahi tuna and swordfish with crab were excellent. First rate unobtrusive service. This restaurant continues to improve and is now one of the best in San Diego in the class of George's and Nine-TenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Dining to celebrate wife's birthday. Terrific food and service; staff made it an experience with complimentarily drink and birthday card signed by the staff. All involved in our service were aware of her special day, knew her name, and made it a truly enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014Started with flower petals on our table, since we were celebrating our anniversary... Very nice touch! Very attentive server, excellent food, amazing views,... We really enjoyed everything about our night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadCarlosDined on 11/7/2014Food was great as always and service was good. An only negative point at this time was: Although we didn't quite finish the dishes, your staff came to try to take away them. It was a bit "pushy".Special Features:
- Happy HourjonnyDined on 11/7/2014One thing we did not like is that we could not order happy hr drinks from our table we had to pay the full price. It had to be done at the bar area. After the hundreds of dollars we spent there. That was not nice at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and excellent foodtri2eatDined on 11/6/2014We went there on the night of the full moon...beautiful view as it rose over La Jolla's hills. The food was excellent...I had swordfish and my boyfriend had lobster. I'd go back for a special dinner or try their lounge for happy hour. One note: reservations don't get you a good table. The party before us didn't have reservations but they were seated at a window table and we were seated next to a wall by the kitchen despite my request for a window seat on my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Preserving QualityJapsDined on 11/2/2014I have been twice in this place for dininig ( 2012 and 2014 ) and they preserve the same quality in food, service and ambience, I qualify them as excellence and wherever I came to San Diego area I will try to visit them. I am from Durango, MexicoSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Great ambiance and view for a nice quiet lunch. Would recommend for a special occasion dinnerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2014The ambiance and scenic view make this a great place to have a nice dinner/date night. The food ranged from amazing to blah. We loved the steak, sides and salads. The tuna tartare app was pretty bland, so I would not recommend that. The vegetable plate was HUGE! The waiter was new and thought this was more of a side dish, so we had also ordered a side of a different veggie. The server was kind enough to comp the side dish for not advising us about the huge portion of the vegetable dish. We left with tons of leftovers, but all in a all a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Not GreatVillagelocalVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was the first time I have had a marginal meal at Eddie V's. The ribeye was tough and over-cooked and the veggies were also over-cooked. The service was very good as was the wine but I wish the food experience was better. I also had planned to meet my friend at the upstairs bar for a drink and listen to some music prior to dinning. Unfortunately, the upstairs was closed for a private party for the entire night-a Saturday.... would have been nice to know this.... I have been here probably 15 times in the last 3 years so I guess I will give them a pass......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall FantasticVeroDined on 11/1/2014One of my favorite places, excellent food and service. Wonderful view and ambianceSpecial Features:
- La Jolla GemMorsVIPDined on 10/30/2014Must try the "crab" fried rice, it's out of this world! Everything was done very well. The rib-eye was perfectly grilled and the sea bass was beautifully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Great food, wonderful service, any ocasion is a good excuse to be there...........great view at sun downSpecial Features:
- Food Meets ExpectationsgoodfoodwonoiseVIPDined on 10/29/2014Made reservation 13 days in advance, but told when we arrived, none available. Saw other parties of 2 seated at windows after we arrived. Reservation requested quiet table. However noise level so energetic that it became horrendous at times. Could barely hear server at times. Do not understand how excellent food can be physically enjoyed under such noise conditions. Will not return.Special Features:
- another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014never disappointed with Eddie v"s. consistently well prepared meals, a spectacular view. Simply, an enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Does not disappointShortOneVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've been here many times. The service is excellent. The food is delicious. They know their seafood. And steak. One of my friends is a vegetarian, and ordered the 7-vegetables dish. Wow- who knew a plate of veggies would look (and taste) so delicious. Very impressed. The wine was excellently paired with our meal. The dessets. Yes, that is pleural. We tried the newer smores dessert. very good. But not as good as the Bananas Foster- which they are known for. Don't miss out on this one! And, we were there celebrating a friend's birthday. As the classy establishment Eddie V's is, no songs were sung, but a very nice card was signed by all and presented at the table.Special Features:
- Great experienceCanadianDined on 10/24/2014Service and food was outstanding. The only downside was the high noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOutandaboutDined on 10/24/2014Two words - crab cake! I have never ever had a crab cake like the one at Eddie V's. It was huge and all crab. There were three of us at dinner and all of us agreed that the crab cake was amazing - the best we have ever had. The rest of the food was very good and the waiter was excellent. The overall atmosphere is very nice and a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014I made reservation online for our 5-yr anniversary. I asked for a nicer table with a view and got much more. Everyone from the hostess to the waiter to the support staff all said "happy anniversary". The tables had rose petals laid out and there was even a card signed by all the staff!!! It was awesome!!! The food is out of this world, but the extra touch is what makes them so amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2014Best food in town! Eric one awesome waiter. Thanks for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!!!!!ValerieDined on 10/24/2014We absolutely LOVED our dinner here!! The food was divine. The service outstanding and the ambience was lovely. It was a birthday dinner and lived up to a VERY special evening!! Would visit Eddie V's again without ANY hesitation.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014We had a reservation for dinner, to celebrate our 25 years of marriage , the staff had asked so I had told the host it was our special day. The service from the second we waled into the restaurant was perfect- beyond expectations! Table had been decorated with rose pedals! Our table was on the windows overlooking the cove at night! The food was incredible, the seafood tower, filet and all the sides were so well prepared The wine selection was fantastic and did I mention the fantastic service! All aspects of our visit were beyond our expectations, the staff , the food and the space. If you have not been, hurry and enjoy this great restaurant! After dinner we had a glass of wine upstairs and enjoyed the live jazz. Perfect ending. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatboozieDined on 10/21/2014Fantastic food and atmosphere!!! One of the best birthday dinners I've ever had and the staff made me feel special on my special day! : )Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2014Outstanding food, very well prepared. Only complaint is that the portions were very large.Special Features:
- Great view, food, service!!MamaMiaDined on 10/19/2014Eddie V's came highly recommended from a neighbor of mine.....she was raving about it so I had to try it....needless to say, we weren't disappointed! We've really missed having that view from the old Chart House and the food and service at Eddie V's made up for the long awaited return of a great restaurant! The crab cake was amazing! Lots of crab, light, flavorful and came with a great sauce on the side...the scallops were moist and tender....the filet with asparagus, crab and hollandaise was cooked to perfection and the twice baked potatoes were so tasty and creamy....sorry I didn't have room for dessert! Next time I want to try the Bananas Foster!! Thank you Eddie V's for a wonderful meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but....PJW1Dined on 10/18/2014Everything about the evening was perfect until I went to the bar to watch a college football game. I was there for 20 minutes, cheered one time at the end of the game, and then was reprimanded by the bartender for being too loud in a restaurant....ridiculous.....my wife and friends who were at a table just on the other side of the bar could not even hear me. My exact words were "touchdown, Irish". Bartender needs to lighten up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserve with confidenceLuv2DineDined on 10/15/2014This is a "no brainer".... Eddie V's has a spectacular view and can be on the casual "yet dressy" side, and is a fine dining experience. Wine list is top notch and the servers really are educated to help the diner make the right selection. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was lovelyarossettVIPDined on 10/14/2014Appreciated the attentive waiter. She was knowledgeable and helpful. Added to the meal.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningBirthdaygirlsDined on 10/13/2014Celebrated mom's 80th, and sisters' 60th & 57 th birthdays. Alex was our server and made the evening for us. His timing and ability to interact with us was great. Food was wonderful. Birthday cards were provided to each of the birthday girls...nice touch along with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!teenVIPDined on 10/12/2014wonderful steak dinner. lovely scenery. really a treat.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!EscondidoDaveDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I celebrated our weeding anniversary at Eddie V's on Saturday night. It was a perfect dining experience from start to finish! The view is breathtaking and the service was exceptional. I had the scallops and my wife had the lobster. Both were cooked perfectly... You must try the Bananas Foster for desert. It is the best I have ever had... We will be back!!Special Features:
- La Jolla Hot SpotNJCeatersDined on 10/10/2014Eddie V's is a breath of fresh ocean air, don't get me wrong there's a lot of nice places to eat in La Jolla but this place is great for the face lift La Jolla needs. The atmospher is lively and the staff is great, very accommodating. My wife and I have been to Eddie V's 5 times thus far and we've had different things of the menu every time and each one of those meals have been spot on. If your looking for palace to hang out with friends or a romantic dinner for two Eddie V's will not disappoint. O yeah one more thing, for desert you have to try their bananas foster on butter cake...AMAZING !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticgeyersDined on 10/10/2014Best night out..very special dining experience. Can't say enough about eddie V's the food was prepared with great care and presented beautifully..the taste was devine. We are will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 10/10/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014We had a fabulous dinner with a magnificent view. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicedinnerfor3Dined on 10/9/2014Danielle was our server. She was excellent! So friendly and recommendations were perfect. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's Never DisappointsHelipopDined on 10/8/2014Even though they were very busy on a Wednesday night, the food and service were excellent. The steamed Chilean Sea Bass was particularly superb. Eddie V's definitely beats the competition in the overall dining experience, including ambiance, well-prepared food, as well as excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.