Eddie V's - La Jolla
1270 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 8584595500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: Lounges open at 4pm, dinner service begins at 5pm, close at 10pm Saturday & Sunday: Lunch from 11am-3pm, dinner service begins at 4pm , close at 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Gardner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music nightly in the V lounge.
A word from Eddie V's - La Jolla
For the freshest seafood, steak, and rhythm the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood in La Jolla. The menu features a tour of the best of what the world's oceans have to offer. Additional features include prime steaks, signature appetizers and salads, and house made desserts. Located on Prospect Street in the Village with expansive views of the Shores, the Cove, and the Pacific. Eddie V's atmosphere is a fantastic high energy dining experience. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Our Award Winning wine list features over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Eddie V's - La Jolla - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Eddie V's - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
272 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (248)special occasion (208)romantic (179)great for outdoor dining (168)fit for foodies (112)notable wine list (74)hot spot (63)vibrant bar scene (60)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (55)great for lunch (34)great for brunch (32)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Services was lousy. Food arrived 1 hr. after ordered. 2 dishes were good. 4 dishes had to be returned because they were cold. 1 dish was prepared again and was hot but not edible. This is the first time this has happened to us; they claimed is was a back up in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Perfect Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014We chose Eddie V's for an important client dinner, and it couldn't have been better. Seated on the rooftop patio, the views were incredible for our midwest guests. Our server was appropriately attentive; his suggestions were spot-on and we appreciated the custom mixed appetizer plates. All 5 of us raved about the entrees. This is an expensive restaurant, but remains one of my favorites in San Diego. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great food and experienceDrakeDined on 8/25/2014A unique location in La Jolla with a great menu, awesome coastal view and terrific service.Special Features:
- Scenic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Amazing views straight from the table. Excellent service throughout the restaurant. Unfortunately the food didn't quite live up to the high standards. The food was either too bland or too strongly flavoured (i.e. the jumbo shrimps were over seasoned with garlic hiding all other flavours). Still worth a visit for the view and excellent service.Special Features:
- Eddie V's Is Now On Our Top List!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great view, great location, great service, and would confidently recommend to others! It is now on our top list of first places to think of to have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view; food - so soLevloVIPDined on 8/23/2014This used to be one of my favorites, but the last few times I have been there, the food was just okay. The steaks are still good but expensive without any sides included in the price. The fish dishes I have had were very bland. They are plated well but lack distinctive tastes. If you are looking for views, this is the place. If you are looking for a great meal, go to PamplemouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackVIPDined on 8/23/2014While the view is spectacular fortunately the food matches to make a wonderful experience. Generous portions in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fab positionSchoey1Dined on 8/22/2014What a place overlooking the sea. This is a must eat place. The Lobster was amazing and all our dishes proved to be specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional ExperiencelifeisgoodDined on 8/21/2014We had mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary when we booked our reservation at Eddie V's, and every staff member was aware of it and made our evening celebratory and special. The hostess brought us complementary champagne, they had rose petals on our table with a signed card, and our dessert came out with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. Service was top notch - attentive, upscale, and personable. Views are stunning, and the food was excellent. Perfect spot for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary celebration!SoCalEaterVIPDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Eddie V's…. it could not have been lovelier. We had a drink at the bar while waiting for the window table to open (great martinis!!) and were then seated at a lovely window table; the staff had decorated the table with red rose petals and left an anniversary card on the table for us. Our server then came over with 2 glasses of champagne for us…. what an unexpected start to a lovely evening. Dinner was delicious with a beautiful presentation and then the waitress brought us a 'gift' dessert from the chef. Eddie V's outdid themselves to make our celebration really terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Great view, spot on specific recommendations, high quality food & unique drinks, even having our car ready.Special Features:
- Already planned my next dinner hereSDdiningDined on 8/16/2014Overall the dining experience was great! Spectacular views, great service, and the food was nothing but the best.Special Features:
- Just OkayMariselaDined on 8/15/2014a little disappointed that they were unable to accommodate me with my requests, dont think I will be recommending it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food and viewJt86Dined on 8/15/2014We went to dinner around seven to sit outside - reservation on Friday was key. The table they had outside for us didn't open up so they sat us downstairs by a back window instead. The view was amazing and the food and wine were better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Jolla's Finest SteakhousewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/14/2014Eddie V's boasts the most beautiful view of La Jolla - even when seated at the downstairs bar you will face the view. The upstairs bar is casual fun. The wine list is very good. We tend to dine here on all our visits to San Diego because we are never disappointed. The view is a highlight, yet the service and food are always excellent. The steaks are prepared perfectly, flavorful quality. While it may sound odd to order rice at a steakhouse, the fried rice with fresh crab and mushrooms is a personal favorite. Our friends tried it and understood why I love it so much!!! The banana foster desert with butter cake is plenty to share and worth the calories. Amy, our server, was wonderful. The restaurant reserved us a round table, perfect
- brownieDined on 8/10/2014They made our anniversary special. Food and service were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr.EddieVLunchDined on 8/10/2014While visiting La Jolla, we and another couple went to Eddie V's for a Sunday Lunch hoping to take in the scenery and marvelous weather. We got aces up in both! Eddie V's terrace dining levels are right atop beautiful La Jolla Cove, and providing expansive views of the Pacific. The food was well prepared, tasty and served with a very nice presentation. The cold crabmeat salad with avocado was impressive. Others selected the "BLT" salad, and it delivered as one would expect; all the goodies on a lettuce wedge. Service was casual, but professional and unhurried, and a heavy umbrella was adjusted nicely so we could sit outside without direct sun on the table. When we're back in La Jolla, we'll definitely try Eddie V's for dinner!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner4everloveDined on 8/9/2014Husband and I celebrated 3 years of marriage. Hostess and managerial staff was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a PERFECT dinner -- the food, the service and the atmosphere were perfect. We felt 'cared for' the whole night from reception, to Sterling (or waiter) to the the owner who came over and wished my wife Happy Birthday!Special Features:
- Fantastic!JaydenDined on 8/9/2014Great ambience, fantastic service. Superb food and awesome view! Try this place out, you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our memorable anniversaryNanoDined on 8/7/2014This is a great spot for excellent dining. The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful. I never had the feeling that we were being hurried. Our waiter was very attentive, but not bothersome. The views were breathtaking on the patio. Since it was our anniversary a card and rose petals were on the table before we got there. Also they gave us Bananas Foster as a complimentary dessert. We look forward to going to Eddie V's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEstherVIPDined on 8/6/2014A very good option when you are looking for shearing a good time with a good Friends and have a good fishSpecial Features:
- Thoughtful touches!YummyMummyDined on 8/6/2014We were amazed by how thoughtful he restaurant was is helping us celebrate our anniversary / babymoon. They went above and beyond in every way possible and made us feel like celebrities. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy timemaxxyDined on 8/6/2014outstanding evening as always. Been here many times and it never disappoints me.Special Features:
- AWESOME DINNERBCHANELDined on 8/6/2014Had such a great dinner, my Lobster was cook at exact tenderness, had the best server, he choose our desert and he made a great choice. My view was fenomenal, great outdoor view to La Jolla Cove. I've been coming to Eddie V's for quite some time already because service, food, music and view are AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V La JollaAmustdineDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I went there for our wedding Anniversary and the service was exceptional. Best we have had in San Diego. The food was delicious!! We will be dining there again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJam4stoneDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here for the first time. Wow! We were blown away with their service and hospitality. First, our table, right next to the window with the outstanding view, had rose petals and an Anniversary card signed by the managers and staff. Next, we were offered a complimentary glass of champagne with your choice of fruit by the manager, Anna. The champagne was delicious. We would have probably ordered a bottle of that; however, we had already shared a bottle together at breakfast. Stephanie was our server, who made some excellent recommendations for our meals. The service and food was impeccable! Our night will always be remembered here! We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- imapalindromeDined on 8/3/2014I'd like to thank Omar and the entire staff at Eddie V's in La Jolla for a wonderful dining experience. From start to finish, they exceeded my expectations in every aspect. Definitely a memorable anniversary.Special Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Loved the patio upstairs, with the fabulous view however, on a warm day, they need to provide fans..............makes for not so a great an experience when it is too warm. I have read other reviews, and think they would agree. I don't think that would be too difficult and it would improve the experience tremendously! They need not be overhead fans. Otherwise, food fantastic, service was marvelous. Wine is a little expensive, but......Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Went for our anniversary dinner. Were seated on the terrace, near the railing, with excellent views of La Jolla Cove. Started with house special margaritas. Shared the calamari appetizer. I got the stuffed shrimp, and she got the sockeye salmon special. A bottle of Paul Hobbs chardonnay. They brought us a special anniversary edition version of the fallen chocolate cake to share for dessert. All the food was excellent and the service was attentive and friendly. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view!Fun2dineDined on 8/2/2014My husband & I had eaten last year @ Eddie V's and really enjoyed it...so we decided to go back. Overall the service was great, my husband had salmon he said it was delicious, I had filet mignon it was somwhat over cooked and our side dish of au gratin potatoes was cold. But you can't beat the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate my birthdayRedmeateaterDined on 8/1/2014Came here for my birthday and was blown away. The waiter was highly professional and friendly, the view was breathtaking, and the food was out of this world. Both the New York and ribeye steaks were delicious and the salmon dish was delightful. Out of the sides we order, the truffle Mac and Cheese was the best. Even the coffee here was on point. Probably my new favorite restaurant in San Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExcellenceLRLQDined on 8/1/2014Made reservation on Open Table, for 7:00pm, seated right away. Busy Friday night, by 8:00pm not a table available. Nice table, great view. Steak and seafood prepared to perfection. If you are not familiar with parking in La Jolla, it is some of the worst, nights included. Eddie V's does have Valet Parking in front of restaurant. Take advantage of it. Live music, does not effect dining. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- dispointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014The entree scallops came with sands inside?! and lump crab has so many shell in it. Only highlight is the raw oyster. Overall too expensive compare to the quality of food.
- Beautiful restaurantcoleDined on 7/31/2014Second time here. It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. For design this place should get 6 stars. The tables are oriented so that most (not all) seats have some kind of a view out the windows to the water. It's beautiful inside with a lot of consideration to lighting -- soft warm ambient light with small spots down onto each white table cloth, so it's not too dim but there is no light directly in your face. And the music is not too loud. BRAVO!Special Features:
- Eddie VgolfballDined on 7/27/2014The food was outstanding, large portions, reasonable prices, excellent views and great service! We will definitely visit again!Special Features:
- Best Seafood in LaJollanewportfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014There are very few great restaurants in LaJolla that have it all -- ocean view, service and food to match. Eddie V's fits that bill with an excellent menu and quality seafood. Wine list is also of merit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining Experience!SeafoodFanDined on 7/26/2014From the moment we arrived, the staff provided personalized service. Our request for a window seat was honored, providing the perfect scenery. Cocktails were excellent and made promptly. Our waiter recommended great choices based on our preferences. The steak and lobster tartare were delicious, as were the halibut and scallops. We were even presented with complimentary desert! Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014It is always an awesome experience to dine at Eddie V"s!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!lavernoDined on 7/23/2014My boyfriend was in town and I wanted to go somewhere special. Eddie V's did not disappoint. The view is amazing! Food was wonderful. I really enjoyed having a glass of wine on the terrace before dinner. Awesome date place! I will be back!!Special Features: