Eddie V's - La Jolla
1270 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 8584595500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: Lounges open at 4pm, dinner service begins at 5pm, close at 10pm Saturday & Sunday: Lunch from 11am-3pm, dinner service begins at 4pm , close at 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Gardner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music nightly in the V lounge.
A word from Eddie V's - La Jolla
For the freshest seafood, steak, and rhythm the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood in La Jolla. The menu features a tour of the best of what the world's oceans have to offer. Additional features include prime steaks, signature appetizers and salads, and house made desserts. Located on Prospect Street in the Village with expansive views of the Shores, the Cove, and the Pacific. Eddie V's atmosphere is a fantastic high energy dining experience. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Our Award Winning wine list features over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Eddie V's - La Jolla - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Eddie V's - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (241)special occasion (197)romantic (170)great for outdoor dining (166)fit for foodies (116)notable wine list (78)hot spot (70)neighborhood gem (68)vibrant bar scene (67)good for groups (54)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (25)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014love it and always come back great people great team great director et amazing management no waiting and they even offer us a desert cause they saw that i gave a promise ring to my girlfriend and they anticipate. Love you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and foodRundivaDined on 9/28/2014This was my second time dining at Eddie V's and they held up to my expectations. My cousin from New York said the crab cakes were the best she has ever had! We had a window table, the view was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great must do in La JollaGrahamDined on 9/27/2014Great location, great food, great bar upstairs with a lovely fire pit. You have to try the Lobster Tacos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I live in the area and have been to this restaurant a few times for different occasions. I had a friend visiting from out of state, and this was one of the restaurants I wanted to take her to visit. We went for lunch on a Saturday. It was not busy. We had a lovely table with an excellent view of the cove. The food and service were wonderful as usual. It added to a wonderful La Jolla day.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had a wonderful time at Eddie vs and can't wait to visit again! From the hostesses to our server the staff was wonderful! We had a reservation and had to wait no longer than 10 min. Anna the manager personally sat us and apologized for the wait, which was not a problem at all as we got to enjoy the bar in the meantime! Thank you Eddie vs for the great experience! The food was fantastic and we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner HereKBushDined on 9/26/2014We went for my boyfriend's birthday and it was amazing! The service was incredible! Everyone calls you by name the whole time. The portions are big too, totally worth the money. Rachel was our server and she was so wonderful. We will definitely be coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Very good food, service friendly and professional. Loved the Chilean Sea Bass and the Banana Fosters was a meal in itself! Everyone seemed to be having it so it's clearly the hot choice. Would happily return when next in La Jolla.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014It a great place to go and have dinner and have a good drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every biteChristyDined on 9/23/2014Our party of four was so impressed with the quality of the food. Every bite we tasted was better than the last. Service was laid back and fun while still very competent. Atmosphere was perfect with sensational view and heaters placed just close enough to keep us from the chill in the night air. Outstanding!Special Features:
- CheekyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2014I admit I've never heard of, let alone tried, Halibut cheek. One of the best things I've ever tasted. And when combined with their crab fried rice, it is truly phenomenal. Loved it, and had a wonderful meal with five people. My only complaint is when I called to let them know that we were fighting traffic and although our reservation was at 6:30 we wouldn't be able to get there until 6:50, I was told they would "try" to hold my reservation. Meaning?Special Features:
- All good till the endOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014My wife and son brought me to Eddie V for my birthday on Sunday The place is nice great view of the La Jolla coast. The food is really good. The service was good, the waitress is very nice However, till the end, when we finished our dinner, and were ready for dessert and coffee The waitress cleaned our table. Then she turned her attention to the new customer on an adjacent table We had been waiting on our empty table for over 15 minutes before she turned her head to our table and brought us the dessert menu At that time, we lost mood for anything else; except to leaveSpecial Features:
- Exceeded expectationsWestyDined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Eddie V's. Food was excellent and exceptional. Location and view wonderful. I would highly recommend Eddie V's.Special Features:
- Absolutely Memorable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Four of us just happened to have an outside upstairs reservation overlooking the ocean just in time for a sudden storm to come in. The wind blew, the thunder and rain came and quickly we became the only guests up there. The staff came out and rolled down the clear plastic cover to protect us and we all enjoyed a delicious dinner. Our server, Max made the night. We laughed and joked and had a great time and Max surprised us with an amazing Bananas Foster dessert. This night was truly awesome and a highlight of the trip!Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We came for our 36th wedding anniversary. The staff were very welcoming and congratulated us warmly. Terrific food and ambience.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/15/2014I don't like having something sent back to kitchen bit they really blew it on cooking the filet mignon. Then they left baked potato with me and only took the meat. It really ruined the experience from that point. They made good on meat but it took everything away from meal. Will not go back. For the money spent it was less then perfect. I just needed to let this be known.Special Features:
- Felt Like FamilySanDiegoDinerDined on 9/14/2014My fiance and I got married last Sunday. We celebrated with a nice dinner for 10 people at Eddie V's. We had great food and outstanding service. They really took care of us. Even included avery nice variety of delicious desserts on the house. We had the best ocean view in San Diego. Add Eddie V's to your list of fine restaurants in San Diego, and particularly in La Jolla.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSaucyItalianVIPDined on 9/12/2014There was an upbeat, vibrant scene at this restaurant. We enjoyed cocktails in the bar first which were very good. Steaks were excellent. Bananas foster dessert incredible. If you love great steak, don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to know this RestaurantCarlosDined on 9/12/2014Fantastic ocean view and cool wind. You can dream of a typical California dinning occasion. You can have it here at Eddie V's with their remarkable foods and their service. Definitely recommend this restaurant when you are in San Diego or La Jolla.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsFoodienoobieDined on 9/11/2014Took my son for his birthday dinner. The restaurant is nestled above La Jolla Cove, and it is divided in several sections: indoor, outdoor enclosed, outdoor open. It was full with two private events going on (on a Thursday), but our seating was nice with reasonable privacy and a great view. Lobster taco appetizers were amazing. I had the swordfish and my son had the ribeye. Both excellent. It is a pricey restaurant and it may be a good strategy to share an entree and a number of sides or appetizers. Portions were generous, and service brisk and pleasant. All in all, an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Waiting for wine....sabkindDined on 9/8/2014Brought my mom to Eddie Vs for a late night dinner. The lower balcony was somewhat filled with seal smell but manageable. Live in Austin so know the menu. Had delicious as usual crab cake & chillean sea bass in broth that was scrumptious! The waiter however took 30 minutes to get our wine out to us - and a second waiter who seemed more seasoned & knowledgeable had to take up the slack. So meal seemed to drag on in term of pace. Great food - some of the wait staff just needs some additional training on menu knowledge & overall professionalism.Special Features:
- GLOBAL SEAFOOD, BUT NOT LOCAL!?woou71Dined on 9/8/2014Highly recommended by a La Jolla local, I expected much better from Eddie V's kitchen than I was served this week. My Maine Lobster & Shrimp Bisque was just "nice", partially explained by my server when the kitchen replied to my inquiry that the brandy added to finish it was actually bottom-shelf Christian Brothers Dry Sherry. My seared Pacific Ahi Tuna was pleasant, but the odd Frisée salad overwhelmed the promised fruit garnishes and did nothing for the dish. Refreshing was the superlative service of Jerediah, who managed to be attentive without hovering. Learning this restaurant is part of a Texas-based chain explained a lot. I think La Jolla deserves better.Special Features:
- Repeat, outstandingIntheknowVIPDined on 9/6/2014Everything about our dining experience was perfect from the moment we walked through the door. The food, service and table location were all outstanding. To dine here is so much fun. It's always so busy. The Eddie V team must be doing something right. If you are looking for a great place for dinner with a LA, San Francisco, NY "state of mind", then this is the place to come to.Special Features:
- Fabulous!RichSDined on 9/6/2014First time here and we were WOWED to say the least. Have been to the top restaurants in Vegas and Eddie V's is at that level. From the cocktails all the way through the dessert, it was fantastic. Eric W. our waiter had suggestions that were phenomenal. They have The Perfect margarita and it is perfect. The Sashimi, Swordfish, Filet... Outstanding. Banana's Fosters Cake AMAZING!!! Couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:
- Eddie V's New FavdavedVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is exceptional and our favorite waitress Ashley made the evening exceptional. We tried two new appetizers, the calamari and the lobster tacos and would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We´ve been fans of Eddie V´s La Jolla. But lately the service is not up to par. We waited nearly 50 mins to get our food and the restaurant was almost empty at late lunch time. The food was nothing to write home about. The meat was rather tough. Waiters were rather aloof. All in all not a good time. They´re missing the mark.
- 5abadillasDined on 9/1/2014"We loved the ambience of this place. We definitely would return. Service was excellent! We have a great waiter. He timed our meals perfectly, and wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LA1015VIPDined on 8/31/2014The perfect restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. We go to Eddie V's every year for our anniversary!Special Features:
- EDDIE V'SdegostallionVIPDined on 8/31/2014great as always . 2nd time here, wont be the lastSpecial Features:
- Great view, basic foodSoCalresident6401VIPDined on 8/31/2014We wee seated on the lower outdoor deck, despite making reservations for the upper outdoor deck. The garbages are below the lower deck so there was a bit of a small. The band is on the upper deck and it's a bit louder/hard to talk during band times. The food is very basic - surf and turf, chocolate cake melted in the middle. This is a great spot for happy hour because the views are outstanding. You are paying for view and it's well worth the price to see it. After dark, you can only see the lights.Special Features:
- Fabulous eveningMarshDined on 8/30/2014I have to admit the name "Eddie V's" always sounded like some New Jersey mobster hangout, so I never paid attention to it. I finally checked it out online when a relative was coming to town-- I was looking for something new, read the great reviews, and decided why not? Oh my god, what a find! For one, it's a beautiful restaurant and unbelievable setting-- the old Chart House spot-- oh, that view! It was a gorgeous evening and we had a perfect patio table. Dinner was calamari (OMG!), wedge salad (that dressing!), chilean sea bass and lemon sole (both to die for). Dessert was bananas foster-- amazing. All the staff, including Rudy our waiter, were just fantastic. PERFECT evening! We are definitely returning! Bravo, Eddie V's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in La JollaJG22Dined on 8/30/2014I received a postcard from AMEX advertising Eddie V's and was intrigued enough to make a reservation for my husband's birthday. The view was gorgeous and the there were so many delicious options to choose from. Everything was delicious and our server very friendly. We never felt rushed and would highly recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- ASK FOR MAXMinxyDined on 8/28/2014LIVE IN NM AND FOUND THIS PLACE ON LINE BECAUSE WE WERE GOING TO SD FOR A BDAY. FANTASTIC PLACE. NO PARKING TO SPEAK OF. 8 BUCKS TO VALET. SINCE IT WAS A BDAY THAT WAS OK. ASK FOR MAX AND PLEASE TELL HIM CYNTHIA SENT YOU!!! HE WILL TAKE GREAT CARE OF YOU!! SIT BY A WINDOW EITHER INSIDE OR OUT. VIEWS ARE THE SAME AND ARE FANTASTIC. OVERLOOKS LA JOLLA COVES AND CAVES AND THERE IS ALWAYS ACTIVITY GOING ON WITH THE WILDLIFE. FOOD COOKED TO PERFECTION. SURPRISE BDAY TREAT FLAMBE BANANAS FOSTER WAS DELICIOUS. GREAT STAFF. LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinneredwardVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food, rose petals on the table, terrific service, and a wonderful view made our anniversary special. Add the fact that everyone,from the front desk to the busboys made a point of wishing us a "Happy Anniversary' and you have a special evening.Special Features:
- DinnerdobieDined on 8/28/2014The food was great. I have nothing good to say about the rest. We were placed next to a group and were divided by a rattan stand up wall. Might as well have been paper. They were loud, and after speeches vulgar and did I say loud? It ruined the experience and we will not come back.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Services was lousy. Food arrived 1 hr. after ordered. 2 dishes were good. 4 dishes had to be returned because they were cold. 1 dish was prepared again and was hot but not edible. This is the first time this has happened to us; they claimed is was a back up in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Gorgeous viewBaw0929VIPDined on 8/26/2014One of the best views in La Jolla combined with the consistently high quality of Eddie V's!Special Features:
- Perfect Business DinnerRobertKVIPDined on 8/26/2014We chose Eddie V's for an important client dinner, and it couldn't have been better. Seated on the rooftop patio, the views were incredible for our midwest guests. Our server was appropriately attentive; his suggestions were spot-on and we appreciated the custom mixed appetizer plates. All 5 of us raved about the entrees. This is an expensive restaurant, but remains one of my favorites in San Diego. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great food and experienceDrakeDined on 8/25/2014A unique location in La Jolla with a great menu, awesome coastal view and terrific service.Special Features:
- Scenic spotpatoloucoDined on 8/25/2014Amazing views straight from the table. Excellent service throughout the restaurant. Unfortunately the food didn't quite live up to the high standards. The food was either too bland or too strongly flavoured (i.e. the jumbo shrimps were over seasoned with garlic hiding all other flavours). Still worth a visit for the view and excellent service.Special Features:
- Eddie V's Is Now On Our Top List!DiningthoughtsDined on 8/24/2014Great view, great location, great service, and would confidently recommend to others! It is now on our top list of first places to think of to have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.