Eddie V's - La Jolla
1270 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 8584595500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: Lounges open at 4pm, dinner service begins at 5pm, close at 10pm Saturday & Sunday: Lunch from 11am-3pm, dinner service begins at 4pm , close at 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Gardner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music nightly in the V lounge.
A word from Eddie V's - La Jolla
For the freshest seafood, steak, and rhythm the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood in La Jolla. The menu features a tour of the best of what the world's oceans have to offer. Additional features include prime steaks, signature appetizers and salads, and house made desserts. Located on Prospect Street in the Village with expansive views of the Shores, the Cove, and the Pacific. Eddie V's atmosphere is a fantastic high energy dining experience. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Our Award Winning wine list features over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Eddie V's - La Jolla - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
Eddie V's - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (228)special occasion (192)romantic (162)great for outdoor dining (157)fit for foodies (115)hot spot (78)neighborhood gem (72)notable wine list (71)vibrant bar scene (70)good for groups (59)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (19)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014We had a reservation for dinner, to celebrate our 25 years of marriage , the staff had asked so I had told the host it was our special day. The service from the second we waled into the restaurant was perfect- beyond expectations! Table had been decorated with rose pedals! Our table was on the windows overlooking the cove at night! The food was incredible, the seafood tower, filet and all the sides were so well prepared The wine selection was fantastic and did I mention the fantastic service! All aspects of our visit were beyond our expectations, the staff , the food and the space. If you have not been, hurry and enjoy this great restaurant! After dinner we had a glass of wine upstairs and enjoyed the live jazz. Perfect ending. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatboozieDined on 10/21/2014Fantastic food and atmosphere!!! One of the best birthday dinners I've ever had and the staff made me feel special on my special day! : )Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2014Outstanding food, very well prepared. Only complaint is that the portions were very large.Special Features:
- Great view, food, service!!MamaMiaDined on 10/19/2014Eddie V's came highly recommended from a neighbor of mine.....she was raving about it so I had to try it....needless to say, we weren't disappointed! We've really missed having that view from the old Chart House and the food and service at Eddie V's made up for the long awaited return of a great restaurant! The crab cake was amazing! Lots of crab, light, flavorful and came with a great sauce on the side...the scallops were moist and tender....the filet with asparagus, crab and hollandaise was cooked to perfection and the twice baked potatoes were so tasty and creamy....sorry I didn't have room for dessert! Next time I want to try the Bananas Foster!! Thank you Eddie V's for a wonderful meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but....PJW1Dined on 10/18/2014Everything about the evening was perfect until I went to the bar to watch a college football game. I was there for 20 minutes, cheered one time at the end of the game, and then was reprimanded by the bartender for being too loud in a restaurant....ridiculous.....my wife and friends who were at a table just on the other side of the bar could not even hear me. My exact words were "touchdown, Irish". Bartender needs to lighten up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserve with confidenceLuv2DineDined on 10/15/2014This is a "no brainer".... Eddie V's has a spectacular view and can be on the casual "yet dressy" side, and is a fine dining experience. Wine list is top notch and the servers really are educated to help the diner make the right selection. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was lovelyarossettVIPDined on 10/14/2014Appreciated the attentive waiter. She was knowledgeable and helpful. Added to the meal.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningBirthdaygirlsDined on 10/13/2014Celebrated mom's 80th, and sisters' 60th & 57 th birthdays. Alex was our server and made the evening for us. His timing and ability to interact with us was great. Food was wonderful. Birthday cards were provided to each of the birthday girls...nice touch along with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!teenVIPDined on 10/12/2014wonderful steak dinner. lovely scenery. really a treat.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!EscondidoDaveDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I celebrated our weeding anniversary at Eddie V's on Saturday night. It was a perfect dining experience from start to finish! The view is breathtaking and the service was exceptional. I had the scallops and my wife had the lobster. Both were cooked perfectly... You must try the Bananas Foster for desert. It is the best I have ever had... We will be back!!Special Features:
- La Jolla Hot SpotNJCeatersDined on 10/10/2014Eddie V's is a breath of fresh ocean air, don't get me wrong there's a lot of nice places to eat in La Jolla but this place is great for the face lift La Jolla needs. The atmospher is lively and the staff is great, very accommodating. My wife and I have been to Eddie V's 5 times thus far and we've had different things of the menu every time and each one of those meals have been spot on. If your looking for palace to hang out with friends or a romantic dinner for two Eddie V's will not disappoint. O yeah one more thing, for desert you have to try their bananas foster on butter cake...AMAZING !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticgeyersDined on 10/10/2014Best night out..very special dining experience. Can't say enough about eddie V's the food was prepared with great care and presented beautifully..the taste was devine. We are will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 10/10/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014We had a fabulous dinner with a magnificent view. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicedinnerfor3Dined on 10/9/2014Danielle was our server. She was excellent! So friendly and recommendations were perfect. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's Never DisappointsHelipopDined on 10/8/2014Even though they were very busy on a Wednesday night, the food and service were excellent. The steamed Chilean Sea Bass was particularly superb. Eddie V's definitely beats the competition in the overall dining experience, including ambiance, well-prepared food, as well as excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great services and beautiful view.JasonDined on 10/7/2014It was our anniversary night, we went to Eddie V's in La Jolla. They specially arranged a windows seat with panaroma view of bay. Food is great, and service is excellent! The server is so kind and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You MUST eat at Eddie V's La JollaSparkyDined on 10/7/2014This restaurant would get more than 5 stars if there was such a rating! I took my wife there for her birthday. I called ahead to arrange for flower delivery. They handled it perfectly, had the table all ready, were attentive however not pushy, and the service throughout was fantastic. The food was absolutely perfect, fresh, and served exactly as ordered. Oh, and the desert....oh my sinfully delicious!! You owe it to yourself to put this restaurant on you bucket list...and then on your regular list of places to go in the San Diego/La Jolla area!!Special Features:
- anniversary dinnertwoofusDined on 10/6/2014had a great window table...excellent service - everyone one called you by your name. Even the mgr;s. came over and asked how is everything. we noticed an upstairs bar with outdoor dining - we will definitely try that soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary DelightStanGDined on 10/6/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and we look forward to a return visit. The food, service and ambiance are all superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th Birthday CelebrationSusieQ74Dined on 10/5/2014We went there to celebrate my mom's birthday, a party of 6. Angela was our server. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. The food recommendations were on point. I had the chilean sea bass and man it was delicious! The bananas foster dessert was mouthwateringly good, too. There was also a jazz pianist/vocalist. We danced for a bit (even though there was no one else on the dance floor) as it complemented the relaxed, elegant, and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's is the BombPickyEaterDined on 10/4/2014Do they still say that? Can't say enough about how good they were.... off the charts excellent - food - service - ocean views!!Special Features:
- Very, Very GOOD!!!!SherlockVIPDined on 10/4/2014A very modern setting overlooking La Jolla cove, a great way to spend your time. The food was wonderful, have not had a better fish meal anywhere and the service was top notch!!!Special Features:
- First time & was brilliant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We booked after checking on TripAdvisor & weren't let down. Were sat overlooking the beach & everything was great - service, food & ambience. Valet parking was easy & quick. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSandiegoeaterDined on 10/3/2014This place is a great overall experience. Customer service is at its highest here. We literally had managers come by three of four times just to personally check up to make sure everything was going perfect. Very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGash1986VIPDined on 10/1/2014amazing. and kristophe, the general manager, goes above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fantastic Evening!paulmDined on 10/1/2014Eddie V's delivered yet another fabulous evening. I took a client to dinner, had a drink at the bar while the restaurant decanted a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon that I brought. Stewart (bartender) was his usual gracious and engaging self, Christophe Cavasco welcomed us and checked on us later to be sure everything was perfect. The food was fantastic, the view was ideal, the service was perfectly paced. This is by far the best restaurant in La Jolla.Special Features:
- Dinning experiencedine4enjoymentDined on 10/1/2014Going out to dinner, especially if it's a special occasion, should be a dinning experience not just going to eat. The experience or going to Eddie V's started and ended perfectly. From confirming our reservation all the way through our dinning, to the follow-up to make sure we enjoyed ourselves, it was perfect. As a person who consults in the service industry it was refreshing to see an organization that's doing it right.Special Features:
- food was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Lobster tacos were good.. but I expected the crab fried rice to taste much better based on the reviews. It tasted like they put waaaayy too much soy sauce on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeCharlymurphyDined on 9/28/2014love it and always come back great people great team great director et amazing management no waiting and they even offer us a desert cause they saw that i gave a promise ring to my girlfriend and they anticipate. Love you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and foodRundivaDined on 9/28/2014This was my second time dining at Eddie V's and they held up to my expectations. My cousin from New York said the crab cakes were the best she has ever had! We had a window table, the view was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great must do in La JollaGrahamDined on 9/27/2014Great location, great food, great bar upstairs with a lovely fire pit. You have to try the Lobster Tacos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience on our AnniversaryRainoutDined on 9/27/2014Eddie V's did a great job making our anniversary very special. The entire staff wished us a happy Anniversary and went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful evening. Highly recommend for that special occasion with a great view. Ask for the upstairs patio you will love it.Special Features:
- Awesomedbrb12Dined on 9/27/2014I live in the area and have been to this restaurant a few times for different occasions. I had a friend visiting from out of state, and this was one of the restaurants I wanted to take her to visit. We went for lunch on a Saturday. It was not busy. We had a lovely table with an excellent view of the cove. The food and service were wonderful as usual. It added to a wonderful La Jolla day.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceAimeeDined on 9/26/2014Had a wonderful time at Eddie vs and can't wait to visit again! From the hostesses to our server the staff was wonderful! We had a reservation and had to wait no longer than 10 min. Anna the manager personally sat us and apologized for the wait, which was not a problem at all as we got to enjoy the bar in the meantime! Thank you Eddie vs for the great experience! The food was fantastic and we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner HereKBushDined on 9/26/2014We went for my boyfriend's birthday and it was amazing! The service was incredible! Everyone calls you by name the whole time. The portions are big too, totally worth the money. Rachel was our server and she was so wonderful. We will definitely be coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedBarauderieDined on 9/25/2014Very good food, service friendly and professional. Loved the Chilean Sea Bass and the Banana Fosters was a meal in itself! Everyone seemed to be having it so it's clearly the hot choice. Would happily return when next in La Jolla.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014It a great place to go and have dinner and have a good drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every biteChristyDined on 9/23/2014Our party of four was so impressed with the quality of the food. Every bite we tasted was better than the last. Service was laid back and fun while still very competent. Atmosphere was perfect with sensational view and heaters placed just close enough to keep us from the chill in the night air. Outstanding!Special Features:
- CheekyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2014I admit I've never heard of, let alone tried, Halibut cheek. One of the best things I've ever tasted. And when combined with their crab fried rice, it is truly phenomenal. Loved it, and had a wonderful meal with five people. My only complaint is when I called to let them know that we were fighting traffic and although our reservation was at 6:30 we wouldn't be able to get there until 6:50, I was told they would "try" to hold my reservation. Meaning?Special Features:
- All good till the endOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014My wife and son brought me to Eddie V for my birthday on Sunday The place is nice great view of the La Jolla coast. The food is really good. The service was good, the waitress is very nice However, till the end, when we finished our dinner, and were ready for dessert and coffee The waitress cleaned our table. Then she turned her attention to the new customer on an adjacent table We had been waiting on our empty table for over 15 minutes before she turned her head to our table and brought us the dessert menu At that time, we lost mood for anything else; except to leaveSpecial Features: