Eddie V's - Dallas
4023 Oak Lawn Ave Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 2148901500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Eddie V’s Happy Hour in the “V” Lounge Monday thru Sunday 4:00pm – 7:00pm & ALL NIGHT SUNDAY & MONDAY
$2 off All Cocktails, $3 Beers, $6 Wines By the Glass, Discounted Signature Appetizers including Louisiana Oysters, Crab Cake and Shrimp Cocktail
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Dietz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
Starts at 6pm Sunday through Thursday and 7pm Friday and Saturday
see www.eddiev.com for calendar of bands
- Special Events: Eddie V's offers multiple venues for your special event needs, from our room overlooking the V-lounge with Live Jazz to Secluded Private Dining Settings with dedicated lounge and bar. Eddie V's can accomodate Special Events from 8 to over 100 guests. There is a perfect setting for Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Celebrations, Presentations, Business Dinners, Cocktail Parties and more.
A word from Eddie V's - Dallas
Eddie V's Prime Seafood features the best top of the catch seafood world's oceans have to offer including Gulf and North Atlantic Oysters, Prime Steaks and Live Jazz Nightly! Savor the classics like oysters on the half shell, our famous Maryland Style All Lump Crab Cake, NY Steak Au Poivre and Banana's Foster Cake Dessert. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections, with over 40 offered by the glass. Eddie V's also features private dining options from 8 to over 100 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eddie V's - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Eddie V's - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
283 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (219)romantic (174)fit for foodies (110)notable wine list (105)vibrant bar scene (100)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (66)hot spot (51)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Don't miss Eddie V'sTomcatDined on 9/27/2014To keep this really brief, this restaurant is outstanding on every level. The lounge features a really good live jazz combo and is buzzing with well-dressed and friendly people. The bar is busy, but the bar staff keep their cool, are attentive and friendly. The restaurant is more sedate, but beautifully decorated and dimly lit - perfect for a romantic dinner. The service is excellent. The food is divine. Do yourself a favor and order dessert. You won't regret a trip to Eddie V's. This will be one of my go-to's from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second time at Eddie V's Dallas Texas. We weren't as blown away as we were the first time we went for our anniversary. The first time we went we were amazed that the staff knew our names , service was excellent and the seafood was the best we ever had. So it was such a surprise to not have the same top notch experience we had the first time . I am not quite sure if the anticipation of my birthday dinner was what ruined it or the newbie waitress who spilt liquor for my desert on my brand new 300 dress is what made us feel like it was such a let down . I was still admit that the food is still amazingly tasty! Crab fried rice, pot stickers and lobster tail was top notch. Not the best dinner we have had. There is always next time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation and seasoningBuckheadGalVIPDined on 9/26/2014Both were lacking. We needed clean plates and salt.Special Features:
- Exceptional EverythingfoodgodVIPDined on 9/22/2014Food was top notch. The bone-in ribeye cooked at medium was really a perfect mid rare. Had great seasoning and just the right amount of butter. Wine selection was top notch.Special Features:
- Restored my faithCMMADined on 9/20/2014Our last meal was anything but memorable. My family wanted to return and try again. The food was much better this time, fully cooked fish is always a plus!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceFfloridaboundDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our wedding here! It was just a superb experience in every way. The entrees were well prepared and presented. The bananas foster dessert- absolutely divine!! Impeccable service and fabulous music. We've been to the Fort Worth location, Dallas is much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded our expextationsmjtroiaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to EV's for our anniversary. When we arrived at the table, it was covered with rose petals (nice touch). Food was perfectly prepared and the wine was awesome (Caymus by the glass). Our waiter, Mohammed, was very good; attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu/good prep. There are a lot of great choices in Dallas, and this one exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The overall experience was great!Taylorcpl1983Dined on 9/19/2014We ordered wine and cocktails and our waiter never let us run out. The appetizer was a tower of the best shrimp, oysters, crab and lobster meat you could ask for! Our entree was a filet covered in crab meat! It was perfectly cooked and divided for two. We often share our entree and it was a good thing we did. We look forward to returning the next time we are in the Dallas area. Best meal in a very long time and we eat out often! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foods always perfectChuckVIPDined on 9/19/2014And as usual the service is the best. It's busy but never gives you the feeling of being rushed. More than one waiter watchs over you and you never wait for attention!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite staplesHWooDined on 9/15/2014We thoroughly enjoy this establishment because of the amazing food, wonderful service and their attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very solidOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating my birthday and there was a birthday card from the restaurant on the table. The calamari wasn't quite as good as it used to be (smaller portion, less flavor), however, the crab cake starter is awesome. The salad course was very good, iceberg wedge. Our entrees ranged from very good to memorable. The swordfish was very good, the strip steak was excellent, while the redfish entree was a true gem. We finished the meal with their banana foster cake was a treat to finish. I also appreciated our server suggesting a "more bang for the buck" bottle wine without getting into a gouging situation. Am excellent experience across the board. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicehoosierdinerDined on 9/13/2014Our server got busy and lost track of us, otherwise excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceBrake4DessertDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance at Eddie V's is perfect. They are very accommodating when it comes to special or private events. The staff is attentive, I noticed that they show the guests to the restrooms rather than point directions, which is a nice touch, I think. Let's get to what's important here at Eddie V's and that is the Bananas Foster! It is definitely an 'OMG' moment and one of the times where I would order dessert first. It is unbelievable and my feeble attempts to describe it are completely understated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014One of Dallas best seafood restaurants. Shrimp and crab to start. Sea Bass and Tuna as main dish. Outstanding Sea Bass! Highly recommended. Don't miss the Banana's Foster as a finishing treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always fabulousNewToDallasVIPDined on 9/10/2014Service is always spot in and the food rocks. The crab fried rice as a side is so good you almost want to order it as your entree. We went for my moms 83rd birthday and she raved about the food all night and the next day. We've also eaten here when the whole family came to visit from California. The staff is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!!!starynight28Dined on 9/7/2014I wanted to try something new for my fiance's birthday and it had to be great. Eddie V's met my expectations and then some. Our waitress, Harmony, was wonderful and had great suggestions. The manager, Mr. Smith, introduced himself and stayed to talk with us for a few minutes, and the food was outstanding. I cannot complain about anything. It was perfect and was the end to our perfect day!!! I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Superb in every way.LetsmakeadealDined on 9/6/2014The service, food, and ambiance are all superb. We found nothing that was less than excellent from appetizers, oysters to die for, to superb lettuce wedge to the sea bass and steak and lobster. I think the best NY Strip I'be ever had. To top it off the chocolate cake and banana foster cake were a supreme finish. Well worth the cost $$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiance's BdaydallasfoodieDined on 9/6/2014I took my fiance to Eddie V's for his birthday and we had an absolutely beautiful experience. This was his first visit and he couldn't get over how well he was treated on his special day. Our waiter, James, ensured that the night was special. The food was delicious, especially their famous crab cakes and the 'to die for' crab fried rice and the savory broussel sprouts and those were only the side dishes. Our entrees included swordfish and ahi tuna. YUMMY!!! Oh, and not to mention the bananas foster cake...This was the total dining experience--great food, great ambiance, great service, and great company. Anyway, I could go on and on....Just go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingNomDePlumeDined on 9/4/2014Once again, outstanding. My wife and I love this place. We always over-order. Blue cheese stuffed olives for the vodka martini, lobster bisque, chilean sea bass in a soy sauce, the sweet snap peas, on and on. And Randy as the waiter, all is good. One funny thing is how each time we eat there, my wife keeps looking toward the kitchen asking "how do they make it look AND taste so good?" Eddie V's, keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Savory1Dined on 8/30/2014We had two couples with us. We had a great ttime. The waiter could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodweekendinerDined on 8/30/2014We went to Eddie V's for restaurant week and the food was perfect. Our waitress this year less so. She started out strong but lost interest in our table as the evening progressed. Empty plates sat for quite a while before she picked them up. The wait for dessert seemed to take forever. In fact, another larger group who finished eating after us got their dessert before we did. We even mentioned it to a roving manager who seemingly managed to check on several other tables before checking on the status of our dessert. Our waitress also failed to ask if there was more than one check so when she brought the check we had to ask her to split it which caused another long delay. We won't let a marginal waitress keep us away.Special Features:
- Great Choice for Restaurant WeekfirebugDined on 8/30/2014Excellent meals for both of us during Restaurant Week. Great food, wonderful service from TOBY. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The wait staff was spot on. We had a party of 6 and everyone was treated equally great. This was our first time in Eddie V's ,but definitely not the last. Prior to sitting down to eat we went to the bar and was a little disappointed with he bartender not being to quick to serve and we were the only ones there. She actually served another couple that sat down 5 minutes after us. Our waiter Ace and his assistant Fox were awesome. I would advise the steaks tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Have I never Been Here??amielpDined on 8/29/2014Wow, Thanks to restaurant week I took my girlfriend to dinner here Friday night and we were both blown away by how much we liked the place. The main dining room is great, with subdued lighting but open and spacious. Service was stellar and the RW menu was terrific. And we didn't have to yell to hear each other. Neither of us are big fans of steak tartare so the 4th course was not fully appreciated but the pot stickers were top notch, my sole was perfectly cooked, her tenderloin was perfect and the chocolate cake was laughably good. Clearly the best of our 5 RW outings. We will be back to try to bar side of the restaurant which looked fun and inviting and had live music.Special Features:
- Experience Eddie Vs Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was AMAZING but the service was very poor. Even though I'm not use to extremely upscale restaurants, I wanted to take advantage during Restaurant Week to enjoy a different experience with friends and if it hadn't been for the food being really good, the overall experience would've been poor. My party of 3 felt rushed and judged, there was a point that we wanted to get up & leave before the food came out, because we all felt uncomfortable & not welcomed but we decided to stay and enjoyed ourselves more when the food came out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNYCFoodieDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time dining at Eddie V's. I had heard so many wonderful things about the restaurant, so I decided to make a reservation for a party of 7 for a friend who was visiting Dallas. Needless to say, everyone enjoyed the food, drinks, music and service. We were very impressed and will definitely be back sooner than later!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I had by far the best filet mignon here at Eddie V's. The restaurant week promotion was a great deal.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We wanted to tryout a new restaurant and Eddie V's was an excellent choice. Their restaurant week menu was delicious and very generous. Liked what we saw on the general menu and even ordered off of it as well. We'll be back! Service was very attentive but not overwhelming or intrusive. Thanks for a wonderful "date night" for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeauDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I were really looking forward to dining at Eddie V's during restaurant week. The dinner menu was somewhat limited but there still were some wonderful choices. The biggest disappointment had to be the lobster and shrimp bisque. I expected a thicker, chunkier soup. Our entrees were good - nothing outstanding. My favorite dish had to be the spinach side dish. Sevice was very good, our waiter was very attentive and knew his was around the menu. The only glitch came when he dropped my husband"s corn side dish on his foot with barely an apology. We know so many people who rave about Eddie V's.....maybe we should try it when we have access to the full menu.
- Just FabulousTXGirl123Dined on 8/27/2014We've eaten at Eddie V's in Austin so convinced the family to join us for Restaurant week. The food was fabulous, the service could not have been better. Everything we ordered was great. The desserts - oh my!
- just so sojaneDined on 8/26/2014we tried the set menu for DFW restaurante weekly 2014. I was surprised that the 8 oz beef was "bare" in the plate without any decoration.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekTCFoodieDined on 8/25/2014Overall great meal. First time eating in main dining room, have been to Eddie V's several times and eaten in the lounge listening to the Jazz band. Over salted on one side but salmon was to die for. Was disappointed that the restaurant week menu changed at the last minute. I will go back, but go back to the bar and have the crab cakes and calamari!Special Features:
- Challenging Service / Good FoodScubamanDined on 8/25/2014This was our first visit to Eddie V's as Restaurant Week is a great opportunity to check out new dinning locations and support a good cause. The initial thing I noticed is the restaurant is located off a busy street and there's a gym and very restricted parking at and around the restaurant, there is a parking garage directly next to the facility. I got lucky as someone was pulling out of a spot on the street when I arrived. The one valet I saw, looked like he was is "valet hell" as people waited for parking and pick-up. The restaurant was very nice, jazz playing in the bar when we arrived about 6:30. The meal was good but the waiter was challenging as he kept reaching across our plates to get water glasses etc. Where's the etiquette?I would recommend this to a friend.
- My exp. was good, but my friends..PKfoodieDined on 8/24/2014I had dinner with 6 friends. Food was very good. I got the filet oscar style and loved the hollandaise/bearnaise sauce. My steak came out perfect too. Our server was very nice to us and helpful with the menu, but probably not the most attentive. He neglected to stick around and check how our steaks came out after delivering them (two of my friends' steaks were clearly overdone). And there were mistakes on the bill that he didn't notice until we brought them up. I normally wouldn't hold these mistakes against a server especially if he's busy, but the restaurant was fairly empty so he couldn't have been rushed. Overall not a bad experience, but for what I'm expecting from a fine dining steakhouse I've certainly had better elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014I had an interesting expierence. Service was great, food was excellent till dessert. Had a hair in my food. Waiter apologized, manager seemed to care. .otherwise it would have been awesome. This would have been my number one place to dine.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Eddie V'sFWeatingVIPDined on 8/24/2014They have a nice bar which is always busy. The food is always great! There was a lot of value for our restaurant week menu. The godiva chocolate cake is to die for!Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!JustcallmeSeaBassDined on 8/24/2014"I love the relaxed & friendly feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. This is my second visit and I love the atmosphere. The pot stickers were excellent! The Sea Bass was very good and the kids had the wedge with cheddar and ranch dressing --they loved it. The chicken and mushrooms dish was not as popular--the presentation was wonderful, but taste a bit bland. the Lobster & shrimp Bisque were decadent. Everyone loved the desserts but my favorite was the chocolate cake with ice cream --yummy. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visitDallasdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first venture to Eddie V's. We decided to try it and take advantage of Restaurant Week. We began in the bar....bar tenders were efficient and attentive, despite a very busy and crowded setting. We were sat a bit late for our dinner, but only about 10 minutes. Server was good...but it was obvious he had his hands full w a large table nearby. I don't think our overall service suffered, but there were moments that he seemed rushed when speaking to us. The food was excellent . Steaks prepared well and sides were great . The ambiance is upscale, very modern and trendy...not my first choice, but nice either way . This was a great dinner, and I would return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner marred by overcharge at BarJohnPZDined on 8/23/2014Our group of 6 arrived at the restaurant 30 min early to enjoy a drink at the bar before our dinner reservation. My wife and I ordered 2 glasses of wine from the list. When our table was ready, I asked for the check. The bartender (different from the one that took my order) asked me what I ordered - presumably to look up my check. He presented me a check that was $12 (50%) higher than the wines we ordered. Apparently, he couldn't find the check, so he just "guessed" which labels we order - selecting $18/glass wines instead of asking. Nevertheless, I had to leave my group (and spouse) to sort it out in the lobby. The manager took care of it, which I appreciate. The waitress at dinner was excellent, and the food was very good.
- Best Service EverESwovDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I went to Eddie V's last Saturday for RW. They sat us in a booth that would have seated 4, which was amazing. We ordered two mojitos for pre-dinner drinks are they were awesome! First course we got the bisque and the pot stickers. Bother were good although the serving size of the bisque was a little small. For the main course we got the filets, which were cooked perfectly, with mac and cheese and twice baked potato. Both were good. Dessert was amazing, we got the Bananas Foster and the Godiva cake, and they were a wonderful way to end our meal. Service was the best I have ever experienced, Jacob M was very attentive and have great recommendations. We will be requesting him next time we make a reservation if he is available.Special Features: