Eddie V's - Dallas
4023 Oak Lawn Ave Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: (214) 890-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Fri-Sat: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sun: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Eddie V’s Happy Hour in the “V” Lounge Monday thru Sunday 4:00pm – 7:00pm & ALL NIGHT SUNDAY & MONDAY
$2 off All Cocktails, $3 Beers, $6 Wines By the Glass, Discounted Signature Appetizers including Louisiana Oysters, Crab Cake and Shrimp Cocktail
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Dietz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
Starts at 6pm Sunday through Thursday and 7pm Friday and Saturday
see www.eddiev.com for calendar of bands
- Special Events: Eddie V's offers multiple venues for your special event needs, from our room overlooking the V-lounge with Live Jazz to Secluded Private Dining Settings with dedicated lounge and bar. Eddie V's can accomodate Special Events from 8 to over 100 guests. There is a perfect setting for Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Celebrations, Presentations, Business Dinners, Cocktail Parties and more.
A word from Eddie V's - Dallas
Eddie V's Prime Seafood features the best top of the catch seafood world's oceans have to offer including Gulf and North Atlantic Oysters, Prime Steaks and Live Jazz Nightly! Savor the classics like oysters on the half shell, our famous Maryland Style All Lump Crab Cake, NY Steak Au Poivre and Banana's Foster Cake Dessert. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections, with over 40 offered by the glass. Eddie V's also features private dining options from 8 to over 100 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eddie V's - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Eddie V's - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (207)romantic (157)fit for foodies (113)notable wine list (101)vibrant bar scene (98)good for groups (85)hot spot (52)neighborhood gem (50)late-night find (16)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- The Best Thing Ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2014This is one of my favorite spots. I love the ambience and the food is amazing. I absolutely love the mac and cheese and the oysters. You must end your meal with the bananas foster!! The best thing ever!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Would just like a brighter light/candle on the table. lighting is generic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome!CarolDined on 11/22/2014We ate in the bar area and reallly enjoyed the music the band was playing. It was perfect- not too loud to have a conversation, but definately easily heard and they played great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary SpotJWtheGreatDined on 11/15/2014Me and my Wife took our Bishop & his Wife to the restaurant to celebrate and this Spot didn't disappoint, the Crab Cake on the starters menu was the best I've had and being a Crab Cake Connoisseur that have tried it all over the WORLD, I was Impressed by the Freshness and soft Flaky Crunch "WoW' what a starter after that all I can say is that the rest of the Meal was on POINT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It could be my new favorite.NotSmallDined on 11/15/2014Wow! Great food, great ambience great band and good service. Only one glitch in service when we asked for bread after the entrés came and we never got it. ( sorry Ace) other than that small error ... fantastic. Seems very pricey but it was a great evening. Fantastic time in the bar with desert and drinks listing to a great trio of professional musicians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it. Staff is great. Food great too.jamtlmDined on 11/14/2014We had a great experience. My wife and I had a four month delay on our anniversary gift certificate and really needed an evening out. We were treated great by the staff. Chuck was our waiter and was so helpful with guiding us through the menu. The steak was to die for and the shrimp too. He suggested a great bottle of wine that also hit the spot for us. We will visit again for sure. We wish we could have stayed longer in the lounge to listen to the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomelovelobsterDined on 11/14/2014This was our first time at Eddie V's for a birthday. The staff immediately greeted us with a Happy Birthday and the server gave the birthday girl a card signed by the staff. Nice touch. I had iceburg BLT salad, broiled lobster and sauteed spinach. Birthday girl had the Caesar salad, a strip steak with a delicious peppercorn cognac sauce and brussel sprouts. The food was good and cooked just right. Our server, Muhammad, was awesome. Just the right amount of attention and never intrusive. We had leftovers as the portions were good in size, and our server boxed them up and had them put in our car that was parked in Valet. Nice touch! When we finished dinner, we went next door to the lounge and listened to the live jazz trio. The ambiance in both the restaurant and lounge was nice with just the right amount of lighting. We have not stopped talking about our experience and are planning on going again soon. Eddie V's should start a school to teach staff about service. It was impeccable. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJeris123Dined on 11/12/2014My friends and I came to celebrate my birthday and had a great time. The food was amazing and our server Tyler did a wonderful job. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and was very entertaining when telling us about the menu specials. We will definitely come back in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerdontwantaresponseDined on 11/8/2014We went to Eddie V's for our anniversary. They gave us a card and put rose petals on our table. Nice touches. The first and second course servings were outstanding and timely. Our main course took a LOOOONNNNGGG time. Manager came over and apologized and asked us if he could do something for us - so we got a shrimp cocktail. Problem is, we couldn't really enjoy our main course as much when it finally arrived. Nor did we get to spend any time in the Jazz bar, as it was getting rather late. They also comped us a dessert - flaming bananas foster. Again a nice touch, but the hour-long wait for our main courses took a little away from the evening.Special Features:
- StandishDined on 11/2/2014I've eaten here many times but always had fish. This time I had steak and it was so delicious; actually better than Del Frisco's and Capitol Grille. Not salty or spicy but so juicy and cooked perfectly. The fries were crispy and bountiful. I found the beet side dish too sweet and the brussel sprouts not cooked enough so they were hard to bite into. Overall, I would go back again and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday!TexansDined on 11/1/2014Really excellent food and atmosphere Service was good and awesome seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialleicoxDined on 11/1/2014For the price, this restaurant was nothing special. My fish was under cooked, and the best thing about the food was the bread that was served. Probably won't be back
- What a great meal!!Oaklawn2VIPDined on 10/28/2014This is one of our favorite places to get a great meal and wine served by knowledgeable people. Just wonderful. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night "go-to"OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2014I always enjoy my Sunday night dinners here. Tucked away in a booth, I can escape life for a pleasant, quiet evening. I always get the wedge salad (because that's what you do in a steakhouse), usually the seafood tower or some oysters, and finish the meal with a good steak. This time we had the special, aged tomahawk, which was perfectly cooked and delicious. Our server, Chip, was remarkable in his knowledge and very congenial. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our annversary special..FoodiespouseVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were celebrating our 22nd anniversary this weekend and Eddie V's went the extra mile to make it a memorable evening. The service ethic at this restaurant may be the finest I ever encountered. We chose Eddie V's for it's excellent food and service, but now will always remember it for the warm memories we took with us.Special Features:
- Awesome!MarkDined on 10/24/2014Totally great experience. Anniversary dinner and they treated us especially nice. Food was perfectly cooked and the service was first class.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceTayo2014Dined on 10/22/2014I went there with my significant other and I was really impressed. The restaurant looked good, lights were dim, jazz music playing... That definitely set the mood. The lobster taco is highly recommended for your appetizer. I got the lobster and steak and my significant other got the sword fish steak. For your side, go with the lobster rice. It was off the chain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodDined on 10/21/2014Good food ............................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I was there twice for my birthday and each time the service was 5 start. Derrick the bartender is awesome.Special Features:
- Wishes Do Come TrueShowers14Dined on 10/17/2014I booked a small dinner party for my birthday on Friday. The restaurant called and emailed to confirmed. I was impressed but once I arrived and saw the restaurant for the first time I was very pleased and excited. The ambiance, the perfect table, the good food and James & Harmony gave great service! The experience made my birthday perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for the moneyAjanaeDined on 10/17/2014I've eaten at other gourmet restaurants in the past and both the food and the service was better than what I experienced at Stephen Pyles Dallas restaurant. The food was incredible and you get a reasonable portion for your money. It is unlike most other high priced restaurants which cost a small fortune but you barely get full. This was my first time here, but I will definitely be returning. The ambiance of the restaurant was nice and I really enjoyed the live music - I'm a huge jazz/easy listening fan. You get your money's worth here.Special Features:
- Great Business DinnerKWatsVIPDined on 10/13/2014Booked last minute dinner reservations at Eddie V's for out of town business associates. As usual, great service, food, etc. The folks from Atlanta really enjoyed the fish special, scallops, and beets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time in a weekeatingoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had dinner at Eddie V's in Fort Worth (OU/TCU) last week and is was so good we thought we would try this one while we were in Dallas for OU/TX and it was just as goodSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerWiildhare1Dined on 10/11/2014The food and service are consistently great. I always have trouble deciding among so many choices, but usually gravitate toward the evening's seafood specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow What a Great PlaceBrentDined on 10/11/2014My first time to Eddie V's and wow was I delighted. This might be the best resturant I have been too, ever. Food was outstanding. Service was excellent. I wish I remembered our waiters name becasue he was spectacular. What a grest place. Music in the lounge was really nice and a great extra touch. My steak was perfect and my wife had Chilan Sea Bass that I sampled and it was wonderful. You cannot go wrong at Eddie V's. I will be back there very soon.Special Features:
- Food was delicious.DeeDeeDined on 10/10/2014Great romantic dinner. Wine list was amazing. Server was pushy and seemed too busy to provide a great experience for us. We would go back but be sure we didn't get the same server. The manager made a personal phone call to apologize after our review. That made a big difference about our desire to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I was referred by a co worker. Excellent food. Great place for foodies. Prices are high, hey but so are gas prices. ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 10/6/2014Found this place online while doing a seafood restaurant search.Got to the restaurant and was very pleased driving up.We were celebrating our 13th anniversary.Greeted immediately as we walked in and the restaurant was beautiful and clean.Hostess left to set up our table,I wondered why she did not take us immediately.Later as we are escorted to our table I noticed rose pedals and a card signed by the staff members.Oh how my wife was excited.The staff was amazing and the GM Mr.Ricky stopped by our table.My Wife and I try the Crabcake,it was fantastic.Next we both have bisque,delicious and then our steaks(Filet & 22oz Ribeye)both cooked to perfection.No steak sauce or anything else needed.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingChuckVIPDined on 10/5/2014The staff never disappoint you. the service is spot on and the food always outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014Lobster tacos were great. Service slipped once the very large party seated near us arrived and that was disappointing. The appetizers I had were very good, they were enough that I did not need an entree.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued ExcellenceKWatsVIPDined on 10/3/2014Having been a V's fan for some time, I continue to receive excellence service and GREAT food. The halibut special was on course with all of their other specials. Just perfect. Always good music in the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014great service and ambiance. The restaurant was buzzy without feeling crowded or overly busy. The acoustics were great. Out waiter was outstanding. The food was ok, especially at this price point I expected something much tastier. I would probably be back and would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss Eddie V'sTomcatDined on 9/27/2014To keep this really brief, this restaurant is outstanding on every level. The lounge features a really good live jazz combo and is buzzing with well-dressed and friendly people. The bar is busy, but the bar staff keep their cool, are attentive and friendly. The restaurant is more sedate, but beautifully decorated and dimly lit - perfect for a romantic dinner. The service is excellent. The food is divine. Do yourself a favor and order dessert. You won't regret a trip to Eddie V's. This will be one of my go-to's from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Site where they tell you!GaryDined on 9/27/2014The food was great and the waiter was excellent, however we were celebrating a special occasion. We requested a nice table. We got there and were seated in this half booth – half chair section. There were around 6 other very nice round closed in tables available. I asked to sit there. They said they would ask the manager and we stood there for a while. The hostess came back and said sorry those are reserved for parties of 8. So we sat and enjoyed our meal. In the mean –time, one table never was occupied, two of them were occupied by 5 people and only one had 8. I guess we were not up to par to sit in those fancy cozy round reserved tables. Thumbs up to the waiter, and thumbs down to the manager.Special Features:
- 2nd experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second time at Eddie V's Dallas Texas. We weren't as blown away as we were the first time we went for our anniversary. The first time we went we were amazed that the staff knew our names , service was excellent and the seafood was the best we ever had. So it was such a surprise to not have the same top notch experience we had the first time . I am not quite sure if the anticipation of my birthday dinner was what ruined it or the newbie waitress who spilt liquor for my desert on my brand new 300 dress is what made us feel like it was such a let down . I was still admit that the food is still amazingly tasty! Crab fried rice, pot stickers and lobster tail was top notch. Not the best dinner we have had. There is always next time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation and seasoningBuckheadGalVIPDined on 9/26/2014Both were lacking. We needed clean plates and salt.Special Features:
- Exceptional EverythingfoodgodVIPDined on 9/22/2014Food was top notch. The bone-in ribeye cooked at medium was really a perfect mid rare. Had great seasoning and just the right amount of butter. Wine selection was top notch.Special Features:
- Restored my faithCMMADined on 9/20/2014Our last meal was anything but memorable. My family wanted to return and try again. The food was much better this time, fully cooked fish is always a plus!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceFfloridaboundDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our wedding here! It was just a superb experience in every way. The entrees were well prepared and presented. The bananas foster dessert- absolutely divine!! Impeccable service and fabulous music. We've been to the Fort Worth location, Dallas is much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded our expextationsmjtroiaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to EV's for our anniversary. When we arrived at the table, it was covered with rose petals (nice touch). Food was perfectly prepared and the wine was awesome (Caymus by the glass). Our waiter, Mohammed, was very good; attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu/good prep. There are a lot of great choices in Dallas, and this one exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.