Eddie V's - Dallas
4023 Oak Lawn Ave Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 2148901500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Eddie V’s Happy Hour in the “V” Lounge Monday thru Sunday 4:00pm – 7:00pm & ALL NIGHT SUNDAY & MONDAY
$2 off All Cocktails, $3 Beers, $6 Wines By the Glass, Discounted Signature Appetizers including Louisiana Oysters, Crab Cake and Shrimp Cocktail
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Dietz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
Starts at 6pm Sunday through Thursday and 7pm Friday and Saturday
see www.eddiev.com for calendar of bands
- Special Events: Eddie V's offers multiple venues for your special event needs, from our room overlooking the V-lounge with Live Jazz to Secluded Private Dining Settings with dedicated lounge and bar. Eddie V's can accomodate Special Events from 8 to over 100 guests. There is a perfect setting for Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Celebrations, Presentations, Business Dinners, Cocktail Parties and more.
A word from Eddie V's - Dallas
Eddie V's Prime Seafood features the best top of the catch seafood world's oceans have to offer including Gulf and North Atlantic Oysters, Prime Steaks and Live Jazz Nightly! Savor the classics like oysters on the half shell, our famous Maryland Style All Lump Crab Cake, NY Steak Au Poivre and Banana's Foster Cake Dessert. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections, with over 40 offered by the glass. Eddie V's also features private dining options from 8 to over 100 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eddie V's - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Eddie V's - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (218)romantic (175)fit for foodies (117)notable wine list (103)vibrant bar scene (101)good for groups (84)neighborhood gem (61)hot spot (51)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Wishes Do Come TrueShowers14Dined on 10/17/2014I booked a small dinner party for my birthday on Friday. The restaurant called and emailed to confirmed. I was impressed but once I arrived and saw the restaurant for the first time I was very pleased and excited. The ambiance, the perfect table, the good food and James & Harmony gave great service! The experience made my birthday perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for the moneyAjanaeDined on 10/17/2014I've eaten at other gourmet restaurants in the past and both the food and the service was better than what I experienced at Stephen Pyles Dallas restaurant. The food was incredible and you get a reasonable portion for your money. It is unlike most other high priced restaurants which cost a small fortune but you barely get full. This was my first time here, but I will definitely be returning. The ambiance of the restaurant was nice and I really enjoyed the live music - I'm a huge jazz/easy listening fan. You get your money's worth here.Special Features:
- Great Business DinnerKWatsVIPDined on 10/13/2014Booked last minute dinner reservations at Eddie V's for out of town business associates. As usual, great service, food, etc. The folks from Atlanta really enjoyed the fish special, scallops, and beets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time in a weekeatingoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had dinner at Eddie V's in Fort Worth (OU/TCU) last week and is was so good we thought we would try this one while we were in Dallas for OU/TX and it was just as goodSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerWiildhare1Dined on 10/11/2014The food and service are consistently great. I always have trouble deciding among so many choices, but usually gravitate toward the evening's seafood specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow What a Great PlaceBrentDined on 10/11/2014My first time to Eddie V's and wow was I delighted. This might be the best resturant I have been too, ever. Food was outstanding. Service was excellent. I wish I remembered our waiters name becasue he was spectacular. What a grest place. Music in the lounge was really nice and a great extra touch. My steak was perfect and my wife had Chilan Sea Bass that I sampled and it was wonderful. You cannot go wrong at Eddie V's. I will be back there very soon.Special Features:
- Food was delicious.DeeDeeDined on 10/10/2014Great romantic dinner. Wine list was amazing. Server was pushy and seemed too busy to provide a great experience for us. We would go back but be sure we didn't get the same server. The manager made a personal phone call to apologize after our review. That made a big difference about our desire to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I was referred by a co worker. Excellent food. Great place for foodies. Prices are high, hey but so are gas prices. ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 10/6/2014Found this place online while doing a seafood restaurant search.Got to the restaurant and was very pleased driving up.We were celebrating our 13th anniversary.Greeted immediately as we walked in and the restaurant was beautiful and clean.Hostess left to set up our table,I wondered why she did not take us immediately.Later as we are escorted to our table I noticed rose pedals and a card signed by the staff members.Oh how my wife was excited.The staff was amazing and the GM Mr.Ricky stopped by our table.My Wife and I try the Crabcake,it was fantastic.Next we both have bisque,delicious and then our steaks(Filet & 22oz Ribeye)both cooked to perfection.No steak sauce or anything else needed.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingChuckVIPDined on 10/5/2014The staff never disappoint you. the service is spot on and the food always outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014Lobster tacos were great. Service slipped once the very large party seated near us arrived and that was disappointing. The appetizers I had were very good, they were enough that I did not need an entree.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued ExcellenceKWatsVIPDined on 10/3/2014Having been a V's fan for some time, I continue to receive excellence service and GREAT food. The halibut special was on course with all of their other specials. Just perfect. Always good music in the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014great service and ambiance. The restaurant was buzzy without feeling crowded or overly busy. The acoustics were great. Out waiter was outstanding. The food was ok, especially at this price point I expected something much tastier. I would probably be back and would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss Eddie V'sTomcatDined on 9/27/2014To keep this really brief, this restaurant is outstanding on every level. The lounge features a really good live jazz combo and is buzzing with well-dressed and friendly people. The bar is busy, but the bar staff keep their cool, are attentive and friendly. The restaurant is more sedate, but beautifully decorated and dimly lit - perfect for a romantic dinner. The service is excellent. The food is divine. Do yourself a favor and order dessert. You won't regret a trip to Eddie V's. This will be one of my go-to's from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Site where they tell you!GaryDined on 9/27/2014The food was great and the waiter was excellent, however we were celebrating a special occasion. We requested a nice table. We got there and were seated in this half booth – half chair section. There were around 6 other very nice round closed in tables available. I asked to sit there. They said they would ask the manager and we stood there for a while. The hostess came back and said sorry those are reserved for parties of 8. So we sat and enjoyed our meal. In the mean –time, one table never was occupied, two of them were occupied by 5 people and only one had 8. I guess we were not up to par to sit in those fancy cozy round reserved tables. Thumbs up to the waiter, and thumbs down to the manager.Special Features:
- 2nd experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was our second time at Eddie V's Dallas Texas. We weren't as blown away as we were the first time we went for our anniversary. The first time we went we were amazed that the staff knew our names , service was excellent and the seafood was the best we ever had. So it was such a surprise to not have the same top notch experience we had the first time . I am not quite sure if the anticipation of my birthday dinner was what ruined it or the newbie waitress who spilt liquor for my desert on my brand new 300 dress is what made us feel like it was such a let down . I was still admit that the food is still amazingly tasty! Crab fried rice, pot stickers and lobster tail was top notch. Not the best dinner we have had. There is always next time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation and seasoningBuckheadGalVIPDined on 9/26/2014Both were lacking. We needed clean plates and salt.Special Features:
- Exceptional EverythingfoodgodVIPDined on 9/22/2014Food was top notch. The bone-in ribeye cooked at medium was really a perfect mid rare. Had great seasoning and just the right amount of butter. Wine selection was top notch.Special Features:
- Restored my faithCMMADined on 9/20/2014Our last meal was anything but memorable. My family wanted to return and try again. The food was much better this time, fully cooked fish is always a plus!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceFfloridaboundDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our wedding here! It was just a superb experience in every way. The entrees were well prepared and presented. The bananas foster dessert- absolutely divine!! Impeccable service and fabulous music. We've been to the Fort Worth location, Dallas is much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded our expextationsmjtroiaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to EV's for our anniversary. When we arrived at the table, it was covered with rose petals (nice touch). Food was perfectly prepared and the wine was awesome (Caymus by the glass). Our waiter, Mohammed, was very good; attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu/good prep. There are a lot of great choices in Dallas, and this one exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The overall experience was great!Taylorcpl1983Dined on 9/19/2014We ordered wine and cocktails and our waiter never let us run out. The appetizer was a tower of the best shrimp, oysters, crab and lobster meat you could ask for! Our entree was a filet covered in crab meat! It was perfectly cooked and divided for two. We often share our entree and it was a good thing we did. We look forward to returning the next time we are in the Dallas area. Best meal in a very long time and we eat out often! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foods always perfectChuckVIPDined on 9/19/2014And as usual the service is the best. It's busy but never gives you the feeling of being rushed. More than one waiter watchs over you and you never wait for attention!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!rachGDined on 9/18/2014The food here is amazing. I will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite staplesHWooDined on 9/15/2014We thoroughly enjoy this establishment because of the amazing food, wonderful service and their attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very solidOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We were celebrating my birthday and there was a birthday card from the restaurant on the table. The calamari wasn't quite as good as it used to be (smaller portion, less flavor), however, the crab cake starter is awesome. The salad course was very good, iceberg wedge. Our entrees ranged from very good to memorable. The swordfish was very good, the strip steak was excellent, while the redfish entree was a true gem. We finished the meal with their banana foster cake was a treat to finish. I also appreciated our server suggesting a "more bang for the buck" bottle wine without getting into a gouging situation. Am excellent experience across the board. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicehoosierdinerDined on 9/13/2014Our server got busy and lost track of us, otherwise excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceBrake4DessertDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance at Eddie V's is perfect. They are very accommodating when it comes to special or private events. The staff is attentive, I noticed that they show the guests to the restrooms rather than point directions, which is a nice touch, I think. Let's get to what's important here at Eddie V's and that is the Bananas Foster! It is definitely an 'OMG' moment and one of the times where I would order dessert first. It is unbelievable and my feeble attempts to describe it are completely understated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014One of Dallas best seafood restaurants. Shrimp and crab to start. Sea Bass and Tuna as main dish. Outstanding Sea Bass! Highly recommended. Don't miss the Banana's Foster as a finishing treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always fabulousNewToDallasVIPDined on 9/10/2014Service is always spot in and the food rocks. The crab fried rice as a side is so good you almost want to order it as your entree. We went for my moms 83rd birthday and she raved about the food all night and the next day. We've also eaten here when the whole family came to visit from California. The staff is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!!!starynight28Dined on 9/7/2014I wanted to try something new for my fiance's birthday and it had to be great. Eddie V's met my expectations and then some. Our waitress, Harmony, was wonderful and had great suggestions. The manager, Mr. Smith, introduced himself and stayed to talk with us for a few minutes, and the food was outstanding. I cannot complain about anything. It was perfect and was the end to our perfect day!!! I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Superb in every way.LetsmakeadealDined on 9/6/2014The service, food, and ambiance are all superb. We found nothing that was less than excellent from appetizers, oysters to die for, to superb lettuce wedge to the sea bass and steak and lobster. I think the best NY Strip I'be ever had. To top it off the chocolate cake and banana foster cake were a supreme finish. Well worth the cost $$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiance's BdaydallasfoodieDined on 9/6/2014I took my fiance to Eddie V's for his birthday and we had an absolutely beautiful experience. This was his first visit and he couldn't get over how well he was treated on his special day. Our waiter, James, ensured that the night was special. The food was delicious, especially their famous crab cakes and the 'to die for' crab fried rice and the savory broussel sprouts and those were only the side dishes. Our entrees included swordfish and ahi tuna. YUMMY!!! Oh, and not to mention the bananas foster cake...This was the total dining experience--great food, great ambiance, great service, and great company. Anyway, I could go on and on....Just go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingNomDePlumeDined on 9/4/2014Once again, outstanding. My wife and I love this place. We always over-order. Blue cheese stuffed olives for the vodka martini, lobster bisque, chilean sea bass in a soy sauce, the sweet snap peas, on and on. And Randy as the waiter, all is good. One funny thing is how each time we eat there, my wife keeps looking toward the kitchen asking "how do they make it look AND taste so good?" Eddie V's, keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Savory1Dined on 8/30/2014We had two couples with us. We had a great ttime. The waiter could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodweekendinerDined on 8/30/2014We went to Eddie V's for restaurant week and the food was perfect. Our waitress this year less so. She started out strong but lost interest in our table as the evening progressed. Empty plates sat for quite a while before she picked them up. The wait for dessert seemed to take forever. In fact, another larger group who finished eating after us got their dessert before we did. We even mentioned it to a roving manager who seemingly managed to check on several other tables before checking on the status of our dessert. Our waitress also failed to ask if there was more than one check so when she brought the check we had to ask her to split it which caused another long delay. We won't let a marginal waitress keep us away.Special Features:
- Great Choice for Restaurant WeekfirebugDined on 8/30/2014Excellent meals for both of us during Restaurant Week. Great food, wonderful service from TOBY. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The wait staff was spot on. We had a party of 6 and everyone was treated equally great. This was our first time in Eddie V's ,but definitely not the last. Prior to sitting down to eat we went to the bar and was a little disappointed with he bartender not being to quick to serve and we were the only ones there. She actually served another couple that sat down 5 minutes after us. Our waiter Ace and his assistant Fox were awesome. I would advise the steaks tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Have I never Been Here??amielpDined on 8/29/2014Wow, Thanks to restaurant week I took my girlfriend to dinner here Friday night and we were both blown away by how much we liked the place. The main dining room is great, with subdued lighting but open and spacious. Service was stellar and the RW menu was terrific. And we didn't have to yell to hear each other. Neither of us are big fans of steak tartare so the 4th course was not fully appreciated but the pot stickers were top notch, my sole was perfectly cooked, her tenderloin was perfect and the chocolate cake was laughably good. Clearly the best of our 5 RW outings. We will be back to try to bar side of the restaurant which looked fun and inviting and had live music.Special Features:
- Experience Eddie Vs Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was AMAZING but the service was very poor. Even though I'm not use to extremely upscale restaurants, I wanted to take advantage during Restaurant Week to enjoy a different experience with friends and if it hadn't been for the food being really good, the overall experience would've been poor. My party of 3 felt rushed and judged, there was a point that we wanted to get up & leave before the food came out, because we all felt uncomfortable & not welcomed but we decided to stay and enjoyed ourselves more when the food came out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.