Eddie V's - Dallas
4023 Oak Lawn Ave Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 2148901500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Eddie V’s Happy Hour in the “V” Lounge Monday thru Sunday 4:00pm – 7:00pm & ALL NIGHT SUNDAY & MONDAY
$2 off All Cocktails, $3 Beers, $6 Wines By the Glass, Discounted Signature Appetizers including Louisiana Oysters, Crab Cake and Shrimp Cocktail
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Dietz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
Starts at 6pm Sunday through Thursday and 7pm Friday and Saturday
see www.eddiev.com for calendar of bands
- Special Events: Eddie V's offers multiple venues for your special event needs, from our room overlooking the V-lounge with Live Jazz to Secluded Private Dining Settings with dedicated lounge and bar. Eddie V's can accomodate Special Events from 8 to over 100 guests. There is a perfect setting for Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Celebrations, Presentations, Business Dinners, Cocktail Parties and more.
A word from Eddie V's - Dallas
Eddie V's Prime Seafood features the best top of the catch seafood world's oceans have to offer including Gulf and North Atlantic Oysters, Prime Steaks and Live Jazz Nightly! Savor the classics like oysters on the half shell, our famous Maryland Style All Lump Crab Cake, NY Steak Au Poivre and Banana's Foster Cake Dessert. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections, with over 40 offered by the glass. Eddie V's also features private dining options from 8 to over 100 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie V's - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Eddie V's - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (225)romantic (179)fit for foodies (113)notable wine list (107)vibrant bar scene (94)good for groups (82)neighborhood gem (59)hot spot (50)late-night find (28)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We went to Eddie V's for restaurant week and the food was perfect. Our waitress this year less so. She started out strong but lost interest in our table as the evening progressed. Empty plates sat for quite a while before she picked them up. The wait for dessert seemed to take forever. In fact, another larger group who finished eating after us got their dessert before we did. We even mentioned it to a roving manager who seemingly managed to check on several other tables before checking on the status of our dessert. Our waitress also failed to ask if there was more than one check so when she brought the check we had to ask her to split it which caused another long delay. We won't let a marginal waitress keep us away.Special Features:
- Great Choice for Restaurant WeekfirebugDined on 8/30/2014Excellent meals for both of us during Restaurant Week. Great food, wonderful service from TOBY. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The wait staff was spot on. We had a party of 6 and everyone was treated equally great. This was our first time in Eddie V's ,but definitely not the last. Prior to sitting down to eat we went to the bar and was a little disappointed with he bartender not being to quick to serve and we were the only ones there. She actually served another couple that sat down 5 minutes after us. Our waiter Ace and his assistant Fox were awesome. I would advise the steaks tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Have I never Been Here??amielpDined on 8/29/2014Wow, Thanks to restaurant week I took my girlfriend to dinner here Friday night and we were both blown away by how much we liked the place. The main dining room is great, with subdued lighting but open and spacious. Service was stellar and the RW menu was terrific. And we didn't have to yell to hear each other. Neither of us are big fans of steak tartare so the 4th course was not fully appreciated but the pot stickers were top notch, my sole was perfectly cooked, her tenderloin was perfect and the chocolate cake was laughably good. Clearly the best of our 5 RW outings. We will be back to try to bar side of the restaurant which looked fun and inviting and had live music.Special Features:
- Experience Eddie Vs Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was AMAZING but the service was very poor. Even though I'm not use to extremely upscale restaurants, I wanted to take advantage during Restaurant Week to enjoy a different experience with friends and if it hadn't been for the food being really good, the overall experience would've been poor. My party of 3 felt rushed and judged, there was a point that we wanted to get up & leave before the food came out, because we all felt uncomfortable & not welcomed but we decided to stay and enjoyed ourselves more when the food came out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNYCFoodieDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time dining at Eddie V's. I had heard so many wonderful things about the restaurant, so I decided to make a reservation for a party of 7 for a friend who was visiting Dallas. Needless to say, everyone enjoyed the food, drinks, music and service. We were very impressed and will definitely be back sooner than later!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I had by far the best filet mignon here at Eddie V's. The restaurant week promotion was a great deal.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We wanted to tryout a new restaurant and Eddie V's was an excellent choice. Their restaurant week menu was delicious and very generous. Liked what we saw on the general menu and even ordered off of it as well. We'll be back! Service was very attentive but not overwhelming or intrusive. Thanks for a wonderful "date night" for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeauDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I were really looking forward to dining at Eddie V's during restaurant week. The dinner menu was somewhat limited but there still were some wonderful choices. The biggest disappointment had to be the lobster and shrimp bisque. I expected a thicker, chunkier soup. Our entrees were good - nothing outstanding. My favorite dish had to be the spinach side dish. Sevice was very good, our waiter was very attentive and knew his was around the menu. The only glitch came when he dropped my husband"s corn side dish on his foot with barely an apology. We know so many people who rave about Eddie V's.....maybe we should try it when we have access to the full menu.
- Just FabulousTXGirl123Dined on 8/27/2014We've eaten at Eddie V's in Austin so convinced the family to join us for Restaurant week. The food was fabulous, the service could not have been better. Everything we ordered was great. The desserts - oh my!
- just so sojaneDined on 8/26/2014we tried the set menu for DFW restaurante weekly 2014. I was surprised that the 8 oz beef was "bare" in the plate without any decoration.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekTCFoodieDined on 8/25/2014Overall great meal. First time eating in main dining room, have been to Eddie V's several times and eaten in the lounge listening to the Jazz band. Over salted on one side but salmon was to die for. Was disappointed that the restaurant week menu changed at the last minute. I will go back, but go back to the bar and have the crab cakes and calamari!Special Features:
- Challenging Service / Good FoodScubamanDined on 8/25/2014This was our first visit to Eddie V's as Restaurant Week is a great opportunity to check out new dinning locations and support a good cause. The initial thing I noticed is the restaurant is located off a busy street and there's a gym and very restricted parking at and around the restaurant, there is a parking garage directly next to the facility. I got lucky as someone was pulling out of a spot on the street when I arrived. The one valet I saw, looked like he was is "valet hell" as people waited for parking and pick-up. The restaurant was very nice, jazz playing in the bar when we arrived about 6:30. The meal was good but the waiter was challenging as he kept reaching across our plates to get water glasses etc. Where's the etiquette?I would recommend this to a friend.
- My exp. was good, but my friends..PKfoodieDined on 8/24/2014I had dinner with 6 friends. Food was very good. I got the filet oscar style and loved the hollandaise/bearnaise sauce. My steak came out perfect too. Our server was very nice to us and helpful with the menu, but probably not the most attentive. He neglected to stick around and check how our steaks came out after delivering them (two of my friends' steaks were clearly overdone). And there were mistakes on the bill that he didn't notice until we brought them up. I normally wouldn't hold these mistakes against a server especially if he's busy, but the restaurant was fairly empty so he couldn't have been rushed. Overall not a bad experience, but for what I'm expecting from a fine dining steakhouse I've certainly had better elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014I had an interesting expierence. Service was great, food was excellent till dessert. Had a hair in my food. Waiter apologized, manager seemed to care. .otherwise it would have been awesome. This would have been my number one place to dine.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Eddie V'sFWeatingVIPDined on 8/24/2014They have a nice bar which is always busy. The food is always great! There was a lot of value for our restaurant week menu. The godiva chocolate cake is to die for!Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration!JustcallmeSeaBassDined on 8/24/2014"I love the relaxed & friendly feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. This is my second visit and I love the atmosphere. The pot stickers were excellent! The Sea Bass was very good and the kids had the wedge with cheddar and ranch dressing --they loved it. The chicken and mushrooms dish was not as popular--the presentation was wonderful, but taste a bit bland. the Lobster & shrimp Bisque were decadent. Everyone loved the desserts but my favorite was the chocolate cake with ice cream --yummy. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visitDallasdinerDined on 8/23/2014This was our first venture to Eddie V's. We decided to try it and take advantage of Restaurant Week. We began in the bar....bar tenders were efficient and attentive, despite a very busy and crowded setting. We were sat a bit late for our dinner, but only about 10 minutes. Server was good...but it was obvious he had his hands full w a large table nearby. I don't think our overall service suffered, but there were moments that he seemed rushed when speaking to us. The food was excellent . Steaks prepared well and sides were great . The ambiance is upscale, very modern and trendy...not my first choice, but nice either way . This was a great dinner, and I would return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner marred by overcharge at BarJohnPZDined on 8/23/2014Our group of 6 arrived at the restaurant 30 min early to enjoy a drink at the bar before our dinner reservation. My wife and I ordered 2 glasses of wine from the list. When our table was ready, I asked for the check. The bartender (different from the one that took my order) asked me what I ordered - presumably to look up my check. He presented me a check that was $12 (50%) higher than the wines we ordered. Apparently, he couldn't find the check, so he just "guessed" which labels we order - selecting $18/glass wines instead of asking. Nevertheless, I had to leave my group (and spouse) to sort it out in the lobby. The manager took care of it, which I appreciate. The waitress at dinner was excellent, and the food was very good.
- Best Service EverESwovDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I went to Eddie V's last Saturday for RW. They sat us in a booth that would have seated 4, which was amazing. We ordered two mojitos for pre-dinner drinks are they were awesome! First course we got the bisque and the pot stickers. Bother were good although the serving size of the bisque was a little small. For the main course we got the filets, which were cooked perfectly, with mac and cheese and twice baked potato. Both were good. Dessert was amazing, we got the Bananas Foster and the Godiva cake, and they were a wonderful way to end our meal. Service was the best I have ever experienced, Jacob M was very attentive and have great recommendations. We will be requesting him next time we make a reservation if he is available.Special Features:
- DFW 2014 Restaurant WeekbrotherbobndfwDined on 8/23/2014Friends and I have been participating in the DFW Restaurant Week for several years. We choose restaurants we have not previously visited. Eddie V's is one of the best if not THE best to date. One of the women in our party left her shawl in the car - no problem. The hostess had it to our table within 10 minutes. Asked our waiter for an appetizer recommendation that was not on the Restaurant Week Menu - he suggested the Crab Cakes - OUTSTANDING. Everything we ordered from the Restaurant Week Menu was excellent. The only problem was too much food. Many in our party needed "to go" boxes. Restaurant Week - a great way to be introduced to new restaurants. Think we have made a new friend.Special Features:
- Good food but too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Too loud for a relaxing fine food establishment. Service was fine, food was very good and the space is well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant Week ValueDallasiteVIPDined on 8/23/2014This has to be one of the best Restaurant Week deals in years. The portion sizes were huge and all the food was outstanding. Highlights were the massive steak, sides and dessert. Just outstanding. And excellent service!Special Features:
- Seafood LoverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great food and great service. Food came out in a timely manner and the presentation was spot on. Waiter was very attentive. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood in Dallas!CleannaDined on 8/22/2014Four friends and I decided to try Eddie V's because we wanted great seafood. Some people have said there are not any great seafood restaurants in Dallas. Well, they are wrong. We found one in Eddie V's! Everyone loved the sole and the truffle mac n cheese is extravagantly tasty. All desserts were outstanding as well. We will see you again very soon Eddie V's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not quite Great.JmemanuDined on 8/22/2014Eddie V's is pleasantly appointed and relatively quiet. Uneven but what they did well, they did VERY WELL. Generous portions. We got a great 9oz. and sumptuous Salmon big enough to feed two. Sides, spinach with garlic and parmesan and truffled mac and cheese were done perfectly. My wife's Panna Cotta pleased. Banana's Foster was poor for that wonderful dessert. It wasn't made tableside and not flambeed. The whipped cream - unsweetened and whipped to BUTTER. I called the floor manager and identified this. He went to the chef, had him whip some fresh. The chef said the specs called for the overwhipping and no sugar. We paid, included a tip for our fabulous waiter. It didn't leave a bad taste in our mouths, but I wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Nothing but complimentsFool2222VIPDined on 8/21/2014Upon arrival, we were promptly seated for our reservation. First time visiting, went for Resturant Week. Our server, Gip was delightful, she was very funny and had a great friendly personality. Each course was delicious, from the lobster bisque, pot stickers, steaks, Godiva chocolate cake....yummy. Would definitely recommend for a night out with amazing service.Special Features:
- Not up to par4949Dined on 8/20/2014We dined at Eddie V's for restaurant week. The food was quite good. However, the service was below standards. The waiter took forever to bring a cocktail. He also forgot to ask us if we wanted another. Two of us had the restaurant week menu and the other two ordered from the regular menu. When it came time for dessert, the waiter did not ask the two of us ordering a la carte if we wanted a dessert. He simply brought the others their dessert. We had been ignored. We hailed him and ordered. There was no apology, and the service was again lax. We enjoyed last year, but not this year.Special Features:
- Eddie V's is A+!!!!!!KHanebuttVIPDined on 8/17/2014Love the food, love the service, love the ambiance! And kudos to them for the fabulous restaurant week menu!Special Features:
- First TimerLove2EatDined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant Week and we wanted to go to a place that we have never been before - GREAT CHOICE!!!. Everything about it was great, the food, the ambience, the staff - I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muhammad was greatshalonDined on 8/16/2014Wait staff and Management was great... band was live... not big on sea food but will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencejhwk195Dined on 8/16/2014Made reservations for our 18th anniversary and from the minute that we arrived, the experience was amazing. We arrived 45 minutes early and were escorted to the bar area where live music was taking place. The two bartenders greeted us and made us feel right at home. Within 30 minutes, our table was ready. They sat us in a nice corner overlooking the live music and our table had rose pedals with a lovely card wishing us a "Happy Anniversary". We sat down and shortly thereafter, our waiter, Toby appeared and delivered the most remarkable service. Highly recommend him as your waiter. Dave, one of the managers also stopped by to welcome us to the restaurant. Overall, I would highly recommend Eddie V's and be sure to ask for Toby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I ExpectedLoveToDineDined on 8/16/2014First time exploring this restaurant and I'm such a foodie. Great ambiance and service, but food is mediocre.Special Features:
- Love it!jbeeDined on 8/15/2014The quality of the food is first rate. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!RetailDined on 8/15/2014We loved sitting in the bar and listening to the music! Great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingness that is Eddie V'sAntonioVDined on 8/15/2014Upon entering, we knew this was going to be a great experience, and Eddie V's met every expectations. Food was spectacular and the attention to detail was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood / steak blissCatManDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food. Good service. Wonderful food. Good service. Wonderful food. Good service. Wonderful food. Good service. Wonderful food. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Rare ExperienceDineosaurusDined on 8/15/2014While we had stellar service and a wonderful waiter - the steak I requested to be medium well was practically rare. Right when they brough out our food the waiter asked us all to check our steaks to ensure they were made to our liking but he instantly utilized his flash light on mine to ask if I approved. He did this knowing my steak was extremely undercooked, it's surprising to me they would even serve it in that state knowing someone asked for the opposite. They took it back and tried to cook it more but it caused it to lose practically all the flavor and still was medium at best. It was my first and last trip to Eddie V's.
- Eddie V's as in very good !!RightwingerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was a dining experience...not just dinner out. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable and the atmosphere was great. They were able to accomodate a change in our group at the last minute when we grew from 2 to 5. Presentation of food was interesting and unusual. Portions were generous and there were leftovers for lunch the next day! It is not an inexpensive restaurant so it is good for special occasions.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Papa4Dined on 8/14/2014A wonderful evening delicious food, excellent wine and terrific atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.