Eddie V's - City Centre
12848 Queensbury Lane
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - City Centre
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 8322002380
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Robinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week.
A word from Eddie V's - City Centre
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features fresh seafood selections including oysters, gulf snapper (when in season), fresh tuna, lobster, plus prime steaks and chops. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried cold water baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Our Award Winning wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Eddie V's - City Centre - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Eddie V's - City Centre reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (226)romantic (172)fit for foodies (106)notable wine list (101)vibrant bar scene (80)good for groups (68)hot spot (52)neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (19)scenic view (16)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Overall a great timeSuziQDined on 10/18/2014The happy hour specials are the best, the food always is presented impeccably and tastes equally good. The bar area is comfortable and the lighting is low and relaxing. My only gripe is that they allow children into the bar area which I thought was an adults only space. I'm not sure if the restaurant can do anything about this, but if you are going out to a bar in the evening with other adults, it should be considered a child-free zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allBusinessFoodieDined on 10/14/2014Business dinner went really well. Great environment, great food, & great service. PerfectSpecial Features:
- It was very good food.FOODSDined on 10/13/2014I sat at the Bar and some wine and an appetizer that was great while waiting for my guest to arrive. The Bar was great and the service fantastic. Then after my guest arrived and another glass of wine we were seated and had a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, kitchen was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Long gaps in between courses. When we questioned server, he explained that the kitchen was behind, but offered us a dessert on the house, which we ended up paying for anyway, but he did pour us each a glass of wine on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best time everFayeDined on 10/11/2014The experience was unbelievable I recommend this place to anyone single, married, friends, anyone. Just amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversaryelan2ambianceDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Eddie V's. From the moment we walked in, until we left, it was a perfect experience. The hostess was warm and welcoming, and wished us Happy Anniversary. We were led to a quiet table, as I had requested, and it was strewn with rose petals! Our serving team, Theresa and Michelle were both terrific, competent, charming, and knowledgeable about the menu and wine choices. The manager came by to check on us twice, and wished us a Happy Anniversary as well. They presented us with a flaming bananas foster as our anniversary dessert and it was delicious! Both my husband and I agreed it was one of our nicest anniversary dinners, ever! Thanks to all of you at Eddie V's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We always enjoy going to Eddie V's. This was our 3rd visit in one year and it is never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Eddie V's is one of the best dining experiences in Houston. The Dover Sole is my favorite and always prepared to perfection. The waitstaff is so properly trained and very engaging with their customers. Even when the restaurant is full, they make you feel like you are priority. I especially appreciate the way they help each other out and step in where they see they are needed. Our family will always keep Eddie V's on the top of our list when we want an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- excelente atencionexcelenteDined on 10/10/2014excelente atencion, muy Buena comida les recomiendo los tacos de langostaSpecial Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceNofoodiebutDined on 10/10/2014First time here and was floored by the service. Everyone continually congratulated us on our fifth anniversary. The staff was also very professional while remaining friendly and personable. They were not pretentious or rude. Also they didn't hover by our table but kept a watchful eye from a distance giving us plenty of privacy while ensuring our drinks never became half empty. We were not rushed to order hut allowed to take our time and enjoy the night. On top of it all the good was unreal. Appetizer (crab cake) was phenomenal, steaks amazing and perfectly cooked, and dessert great. Highly recommend for a special occasion or if you want to eat out at a nicer resturaunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday happy hourluvhappyhrsDined on 10/10/2014We had to change our plans last minute on where to dine for my bday and decided to try Eddie V's, even though, we know that it is near impossible to get a table during those hours. However, when I saw the option to reserve a table online and actually got my first choice for time and number of people in my party, I was ecstatic! I love this place and am happy that I was able to introduce it to all of my closest friends. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very pleasedBubbaDLuxeDined on 10/6/2014Eddie V's knows how to make an evening special. Take your wife there for her birthday and you'll find out. Very, very special. Great food and great, great service.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnertj45Dined on 10/5/2014Great service, good food, terribly loud, inappropriate musicSpecial Features:
- katferDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed our meal, we had excellent service.Special Features:
- AwesomeSargeDined on 9/28/2014Everything was awesome from the service to the food and all the in-between a.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014It was our anniversary and had a very special experience there. Our waitress was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Everything about the place was amazing. The food was delicious and the servings were generous, the appetizers can be eaten as a light meal that would fill you up without weighing you down. Our waiter, Allen, was professional and social I will definitely request him For my next visit. It was a little loud from the combined social chatter of the other tables but nothing major that would take away from the amazing experience. By far the best restaurant I've been to in Houston.Special Features:
- Great quiet spotDHoustonDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food. Quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Filet & Bone in ribeye both excellent med-rare. Did have to wait a while twice to get drink refills but overall a place I would definitely go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb waiter; excellent food!BestcrabfriedriceeverDined on 9/26/2014We were Celebrating my wife's birthday and Eddie V's was the perfect dinner spot. Timothy our waiter thoroughly explained the menu to us and his recommendations were all Spot on! Our teenage daughters each enjoyed their meal and the experience. The lady that seated us asked me to take off my hat (I had on a sports coat and was decent!) even though no dress code was specified anywhere else. I complied but wish the policy was clearly communicated! The quality of food and service was excellent but did not make up for this !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday date nightJudyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Great place to dine for any reason! Service is amazing and food is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check your bill closely.TallMBADined on 9/23/2014We had a lovely dinner, but I gotta tell you, for such an upscale restaurant they charged us for minuscule stuff. For example, I ordered decaf coffee with Amaretto and whip cream. It was yummy, so I ordered another. Not only did they charge for the liquor - they charged for each cup of coffee. $9.50 per Amaretto shot & $3.25 per cup of coffee. The principal here is - even Denny's gives free refills on coffee. Seriously, is the price of coffee really that important to a high end restaurant?? Is a cup of coffee worth this review?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't recommend this restauranChasityDined on 9/22/2014The food was awful and the drinks were mediocre for the prices everything should be perfect. What kind of place have a room so dark you have to look at the menu with a flashlight. They dont want you to see how bad the food is I was extremely disappointed Our server was good and very attentive but thats itSpecial Features:
- Wow!lenmcDined on 9/20/2014I had a wonderful experience on Saturday celebrating my husband's birthday. Eddie V's made it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food , SLOW deliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food and wine was very good. Waiter was very good, but the WAITING for everything was much too long. Drinks, coffee, food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!kbrittDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful restaurant! Wine list specatular, food sublime, dessert a must have! Great bar "V lounge" with good music and ambiance and lots of seating! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- WonderfulFoodieloverDined on 9/20/2014Exceptional food. Great place to celebrate a special occasion. Service is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DARREN is AWESOME!!!!!LindaandDarrellDined on 9/17/2014OUSTANDING SERVICE! This was our 2nd time to dine here (no special occasion) and we were catered so very well by Darren (we enjoyed him so much on our first visit) but in addition to that, ALL the wait staff was so efficient. We never went without a empty glass & my husbands mushroom allergy was remembered by Darren and when the waiter brought him his meal he leaned over and said "Mr. Martin, this was cooked without mushrooms anywhere close to it" My husband loved that personal touch of letting him know and by calling him by his name. AAAND as much as we LOVED the service, we loved the FOOD even more!! Truly the best cooked/flavored seafood around!! We are bringing my son & daughter in law with us next time. ♥Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJDinerDined on 9/16/2014My boyfriend and I went here for his birthday. Our waiter was very polite and especially knowledgeable about the menu and made great recommendations. Would recommend this to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Damian provided excellent service. Wine selection needs help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencebatman84Dined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for a restaurant where you can eat fresh and very well cooked seafood, you must go there. EV's is a very elegant and romantic restaurant. The food is awesome, the personnel is very professional and kind. I strongly recommend to go there.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014food and service were excellent. Manager Ryan is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServiceBBunchDined on 9/13/2014Ask to sit in Damien's section. He was one of the best waiters we've ever had. Very knowledgeable and made us feel like we were the only customers he had. Food was great, too!Special Features:
- Anniversary to RememberrsittonDined on 9/7/2014We have dined all over Houston. We choses Eddie V's for our anniversary dinner this year. It was, without a doubt, the best dining experiance we have had. The food, the service, the ambiance, it was all perfect. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like RoyaltyJJ23Dined on 9/7/2014When we got to Eddie V's recently they asked my wife and I if we were celebrating a special occasion. We said yes since our wedding anniversary was the next day.. and that was the whole point, since we're usually very conservative with eating out. They pulled out all the stops - rose petals on the table, champagne and dessert on the house and a signed card from all the staff. It was all a very nice touch and my wife really enjoyed the experience. The food was superb as usual. I have frequented Eddie V's for corporate events and it's always been great, this is my first time to Eddie V's where I actually had to pick up the tab. Regardless it really was a great night out! Loved it!Special Features:
- Nice MenuCharmedDined on 9/6/2014Hard to choose what to order. We will just have to go back! Got there early and had a drink in the V Lounge. Enjoyed the bustling bar while a jazz ensemble played. Waitors attentive but not bothersome. Bone-in filet special was delicious and perfectly cooked. Don't normally get dessert but my husband and I split their rendition of a bananas flambé where they poured the flaming sauce over a sponge-type cake. Did I say accompanied by pecan ice cream?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday celebration!lasraliasDined on 9/5/2014we had a wonderful birthday dinner for 4 at Eddie V's City Centre, which included a fun round booth, a delicious filet and sea bass with crab and complimentary desserts, topped off by excellent service. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- An Early Houston Favorite!NewYorkerInTexasDined on 9/5/2014Having just landed in town, we would rate Eddie V's among the very best dining experiences we have had in Houston. Our server, Daniel, shepherded us through a most enjoyable experience; the food was exquisite (the Bananas Foster was to die for!), and the price was surprising reasonable. We'll surely back - and we'll bring friends!Special Features:
- Amazing Food and AmbiancechelleDined on 9/4/2014We went to Eddie V's for a birthday dinner and everything was perfect. We started at the bar for a drink with great music and friendly bartenders and an impressive wine list. Our table was ready on time and we were seated near a window and out of the main traffic. The food (sea bass and filet) was delicious and the service was attentive and friendly. I love this place!Special Features:
- Always awesomeMichelleDined on 9/4/2014We always have a great experience at Eddie Vs. We sit in the lounge and always request Aleecia! She's the best! Although whomever we have gotten, has been very good as well. Keep up the excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!9thannivDined on 9/2/2014The entire staff was AWESOME they made our 9th Anniversary wonderful. The food was delicious and had you wanting more but our stomachs couldn't take anymore. Everyone was very attentive, kind, professional and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.