Eddie V's - City Centre
12848 Queensbury Lane
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - City Centre
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 8322002380
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Robinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week.
A word from Eddie V's - City Centre
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features fresh seafood selections including oysters, gulf snapper (when in season), fresh tuna, lobster, plus prime steaks and chops. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried cold water baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Our Award Winning wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Eddie V's - City Centre - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Eddie V's - City Centre reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (230)romantic (174)notable wine list (107)fit for foodies (91)vibrant bar scene (69)good for groups (64)hot spot (50)neighborhood gem (41)late-night find (21)great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (14)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great experiencebatman84Dined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for a restaurant where you can eat fresh and very well cooked seafood, you must go there. EV's is a very elegant and romantic restaurant. The food is awesome, the personnel is very professional and kind. I strongly recommend to go there.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014food and service were excellent. Manager Ryan is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServiceBBunchDined on 9/13/2014Ask to sit in Damien's section. He was one of the best waiters we've ever had. Very knowledgeable and made us feel like we were the only customers he had. Food was great, too!Special Features:
- Anniversary to RememberrsittonDined on 9/7/2014We have dined all over Houston. We choses Eddie V's for our anniversary dinner this year. It was, without a doubt, the best dining experiance we have had. The food, the service, the ambiance, it was all perfect. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like RoyaltyJJ23Dined on 9/7/2014When we got to Eddie V's recently they asked my wife and I if we were celebrating a special occasion. We said yes since our wedding anniversary was the next day.. and that was the whole point, since we're usually very conservative with eating out. They pulled out all the stops - rose petals on the table, champagne and dessert on the house and a signed card from all the staff. It was all a very nice touch and my wife really enjoyed the experience. The food was superb as usual. I have frequented Eddie V's for corporate events and it's always been great, this is my first time to Eddie V's where I actually had to pick up the tab. Regardless it really was a great night out! Loved it!Special Features:
- Nice MenuCharmedDined on 9/6/2014Hard to choose what to order. We will just have to go back! Got there early and had a drink in the V Lounge. Enjoyed the bustling bar while a jazz ensemble played. Waitors attentive but not bothersome. Bone-in filet special was delicious and perfectly cooked. Don't normally get dessert but my husband and I split their rendition of a bananas flambé where they poured the flaming sauce over a sponge-type cake. Did I say accompanied by pecan ice cream?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday celebration!lasraliasDined on 9/5/2014we had a wonderful birthday dinner for 4 at Eddie V's City Centre, which included a fun round booth, a delicious filet and sea bass with crab and complimentary desserts, topped off by excellent service. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- An Early Houston Favorite!NewYorkerInTexasDined on 9/5/2014Having just landed in town, we would rate Eddie V's among the very best dining experiences we have had in Houston. Our server, Daniel, shepherded us through a most enjoyable experience; the food was exquisite (the Bananas Foster was to die for!), and the price was surprising reasonable. We'll surely back - and we'll bring friends!Special Features:
- Always awesomeMichelleDined on 9/4/2014We always have a great experience at Eddie Vs. We sit in the lounge and always request Aleecia! She's the best! Although whomever we have gotten, has been very good as well. Keep up the excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!9thannivDined on 9/2/2014The entire staff was AWESOME they made our 9th Anniversary wonderful. The food was delicious and had you wanting more but our stomachs couldn't take anymore. Everyone was very attentive, kind, professional and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was very pleasant to the eyes and was just as good.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceshaincypressDined on 8/31/2014What a fantastic dinner! My husband and I love restaurant month and dined in several establishments around town. Many restaurants turn up their noses when we asked for the special menu. Not Eddie V's. Our dinner was full sized and some of the best food I have had in a while. The steak and shrimp scampi were to die for. The wine list was impressive as well. We are switching our family Christmas reservations this year to Eddie V's! Cannot recommend it enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's - City CentreGJK1956Dined on 8/31/2014The waiter Kevin did a excellent job. The whole evening was great. Will be sure to eat their againSpecial Features:
- Great first time experienceBaduDined on 8/30/2014My boyfriend and I decided to have a romantic date night that included jazz music and decided to dine in at Eddie v's. The staff were very attentive, informative of their menu, and prompt with food service. The jazz band was great and we enjoyed the music over dinner and wine. Huge wine selection and a great place to catch a drink with friends. Valet parking was a bit slow with bringing the car back,but it was a busy night so no true complaints. I definitely recommend Eddie V's to anyone looking for a great date night spot, or a cool place to grab a nice drink. The food was delicious and we were pleased with our overall experience at Eddie V's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's as always, stands outMikeMDined on 8/30/2014Eddie V's as always, stands out with great service and great food. One of my favorites and I always put them on my Houston Restaurant Weeks list. I had perfectly cook salmon and my date had sole. The seafood is always phenomenal but I'm always tempted to have steak, as the steaks there are also fantastic. I've had batter steaks at Eddie V's than any place else in Houston.Special Features:
- Excellent & overall great dining!JazzyKay65Dined on 8/29/2014Love it & Damien our waiter was fabulous & provided a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantMCK1VIPDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant Week is a great time to try out this place. Steak was very good, as was soup and sides but the dessert was really delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LotusDined on 8/26/2014The service was outstanding and the foods are phenomenalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- becoming a favoriteJ2x1VIPDined on 8/26/2014Having recently increased my travel to Houston the City Centre venue is becoming a regular stop for me with clients. Consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic menu with superb serviceHealthyeaterDined on 8/25/2014I cannot get enough of Eddie V's. I have tried 75% of the menu items over the past 18 months and I cannot find anything I wouldn't reccomend. And the service is also impeccable. Never snooty. In fact, quite the opposite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice in Fine DinningOtherGuyDined on 8/25/2014Eddie V's is consistently a great choice for an amazing steak or even a salad. The restaurant weeks menu is the best in town and dollar for dollar cannot be matched by any other in town. The staff is attentive, engaging and gracious. I have never had a bad experience on my dozens of visits to this fine dinning establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealSethVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lobster tacos are the only way to start. Everything that followed was totally delicious.Special Features:
- O.M.G...mochachild68Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first time at this location, so trust and believe, it will not be my last! Went there with family to partake in their all day Happy Hour. The band was great, reasonable prices, food superb and excellent staff. Did I mention COMPLIMENTARY VALET?! Ha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbejDined on 8/24/2014Loved the entire ding experience, especially the music. Will definetly dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANTladydiva23Dined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our birthday celebration at your location. The food was awesome and delicious. I will definitely be back soon. I just love the BANANA FOSTER CAKE.....my favorite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!KayeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Recently my husband and I joined a couple friends for dinner here. We arrived early, so we sat at the bar for a bit and enjoyed the pianist. It was very lovely. For dinner we decided to eat off of the Houston Restaurant Week menu. Our waiter was able to give us reccomendations on wine pairings and the overall meal was delicious! The only compliant we had, although there were hardly any, was that we only saw our waiter probably twice all night. All courses came out in a timely manner, however we were only able to have one drink because we waited such a long time for a refill. My husband and I had the filet and our friends had the salmon. All main courses were fantastic; especially paired with the truffle mac-n-cheese and a glass of cabernet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerTspinDined on 8/23/2014It was my husbands birthday with a few friends. Great food, libations and good friends. All the food was amazing! Yet it was very noisy. Had a hard time hearing. Almost like being in a bar when you trying to carry on a conversation. Although I really love the round tables, makes it great to be able to see everyone. Overall it was really nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteHG3diningDined on 8/23/2014It was my first time visiting there. We were running late and they were very accommodating to our late arrival. The service was impeccable, I would recommend this restaurant and gladly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining ExperienceWestHoustonDinerDined on 8/23/2014We went to check this place out during Houston Restaurant Weeks. The service was excellent. Willing to listen and check in on us without being obtrusive. The food was very tasty with reasonable size portions. I had the steak which was done according to my wishes and very tasty without being being buried in seasoning or sauce. My wife had the salmon which was likewise seasoned. The garlic macaroni and cheese was beyond expectations. The bananas foster was superb.Special Features:
- BagelfamilyDined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating our 35th anniversary and taking our adult children out to celebrate. We had never been to Eddie V's and thought restaurant week was a good time to try it. The service was 5 star and their recommendations were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatsMicki25Dined on 8/22/2014Everything was wonderful in the restaurant starting from the entrance to the service and of course the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's Birthday DinnerCoutureDiningDined on 8/22/2014I was extremely pleased with the service and taste of the food. My husband truly enjoyed his birthday!Special Features:
- Food and service were superb!!SWkatyDined on 8/22/2014Sea bass and crabcakes were over the top!! Filet was delicious, desserts were excellent. Manager stopped by for our comments on the food and service and both were commended as 'fabulous'. This is by far my new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HrwSteakfan25Dined on 8/22/2014Great value. Added crab cake appetizer which was delicious. Loved the bananas foster dessert. Husband's 'filet' did not appear to be correct cut of meat- fatty and not tender. My filet was cooked well but lacked something, not sure what. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Meal for a Night OutnvrdulltxVIPDined on 8/22/2014When my wife and I get a night out we want it to be special. Eddie V's never disappoints us. We arrived at the City Centre and despite messing up on the reservations (it was a day later), they accommodated us with no problem. My wife had the lobster tacos as her meal and was very satisfied. I had the beef tartare and it was outstanding. Followed it up by lobster tails cooked perfectly. If your a Brussels Sprouts fan you have to have them, some of the best I ever had. There are 2 Eddie V's and Houston and I wouldn't hesitate to go to either one.Special Features:
- Best time ever!PotluckDined on 8/21/2014The lounge put me in a nice grove with live jazz music playing! The drinks were awesome and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & ServiceShelleyscornerDined on 8/21/2014Reserved a table for two for our anniversary through Open Table. When we arrived, we were greeted with "Happy Anniversary" and then led to our corner table sprinkled with rose petals. Ordered from the Restaurant Month menu and were delighted with all choices - do NOT miss the Truffle Mac & Cheese! This meal was quite possibly the best meal I've ever eaten! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in Every WayDinerDined on 8/21/2014Eddie V's is my favorite seafood restaurant. They have the best crab cakes, period. No one elses compares. If you like crab and no filler then these it. If you really crave the filler then these are not for you. I had the sole for dinner and the next day for lunch. I have never seen such a large portion and it was very fresh and delicious. Go for the happy hour and stay for dinner. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We took advantage of the HRW menu which allowed us to have a delightful dinner for a more reasonable price. Selections were very good. Service was excellent. Overall, we had a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- phenomenal experienceRAV92Dined on 8/20/2014My girlfriend and I had an exceptional time on wednesday night. We received amazing service and hospitality (theres adifference and they showed it) from the hostess, to greg the bartender, the manager and david our server. Everything was perfect and the food was excellent. Everybody in the building is both helpful attentive as well as knowledgable. A definite must try in houston. 5 stars across the board!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.