Eddie V's - City Centre
12848 Queensbury Lane
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - City Centre
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: (832) 200-2380
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Robinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week.
A word from Eddie V's - City Centre
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features fresh seafood selections including oysters, gulf snapper (when in season), fresh tuna, lobster, plus prime steaks and chops. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried cold water baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Our Award Winning wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Eddie V's - City Centre - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Eddie V's - City Centre reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (217)romantic (167)fit for foodies (115)notable wine list (104)vibrant bar scene (81)good for groups (73)hot spot (56)neighborhood gem (37)late-night find (24)great for outdoor dining (24)scenic view (22)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great food, service not so much.8bySpankyDined on 11/21/2014The food here was really good, fresh and presented beautifully and I'll probably go back and sit at the bar to enjoy it. Our server was enthusiatic and helpful, at first. The emphasis here seemed to be on getting you started and then having several managers come by to confirm as much. The issue for us was they'd come by and ask the question and move on without observing empty glasses and/or dispatching a server to fill them. For me its simple -- never serve the meal to a table with empty wine glasses. And, then don't have your patron have to ask for "another round". I guess even the simplest things can escape those in suits.
- Excellent ServiceQualityCSVIPDined on 11/21/2014Our server, Damien, was outstanding. He was gracious, kind, knowledgable, and patient. The rest of my party arrived 30 minutes late and he was completely cool about it and checked on me as I waited. It could have been a very awkward situation, but he made it so comfortable I almost forgot to be upset with my late-arriving friends! As usual, the food was terrific and the Bananas Foster was a very thoughtful touch to my birthday dinner! As I walked out, the hostess even thought enough to say Happy Birthday! Outstanding customer service plus great food always equals to the best dining experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!!! Delicious food!!!DcrawDined on 11/21/2014This was our third time coming to Eddie V's for dinner and each time was excellent!!! We made reservations and and were seated immediately. The wait staff are very attentive and courteous each time. And as always the food was superb on every visit. I try something new every time I go and haven't disliked anything yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Eddie V's!NjackDined on 11/21/2014Great food, atmosphere, and service! Had a wonderful date night with my hubby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerSpottyCat2014Dined on 11/21/2014This was my husband's first time and quite the beef eater. He had the bone in filet and said it was the BEST beef he had ever had. All the dishes were amazing and service was fabulous. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A five star dining experience. Well done!ThomRDined on 11/19/2014Excellent food, excellent service. One of my best dining experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in HoustonSpecialoccasionerDined on 11/18/2014My wife and i were celebrating a special occasion and everybody at the restaurant treated us like royalty. I was so impressed by the servers knowledge of the food and made recomendations that we loved. We had lobster tacos which were our favorite. They had a little spice to them to give them a kick and huge chuncks of lobster meat. We also had the calamari, scallops, and godiva cake which all was amazingly delicious. The restaurant is styled very modern minimalist and the lighting was low which created a great atmosphere. We were in a booth that made it feel like webwerebalone in the restaurant. Our waiter Carlos was awesome, a true professional that takes pride in his work. Overall perfect night i cant think of a single thing negative about the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bday dinner!cookiemonsterDined on 11/15/2014Food was great! Service was on point! Valet parking was a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic dinner!MimiDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I dined at the City Centre Eddie V's last Saturday evening and as we expected, it didn't disappoint. Our waiter was well versed in mixed drinks and wine, making excellent suggestions. Our dinner of Nantucket scallops was beautifully presented and equally as tasty. I actually dreamed of eating them again that night! Add to this quiet ambiance and it was a perfect dinner. Thanks Eddie V'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ordercrchoustonDined on 11/10/2014Had the jumbo chilled shrimp, pot stickers, sea bass walter's way (roasted), 12oz filet, sauteed spinach and au gratin potatoes... id order everything but the au gratin potatoes again... Walter was our waiter and he was awesome....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribeye too flavorful to describe!DZabDined on 11/10/2014The food and ambiance was excellent. We started off our course with the lobster tacos which were divine. Ribeye was well marbled and an explosion of flavor. Ended off the night with the Bananas Foster cake served with pecan icecream. Couldn't have been more satisfied with the quality of food and excellent service. My glass never went half empty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Eveningsunking45Dined on 11/8/2014My group all enjoyed the ambiance, food, drinks, and service. It made for a memorable evening. One of my group is in a wheel chair and all their needs were handled smoothly and efficiently. We will be back.Special Features:
- ExcelenteexcelenteDined on 11/7/2014EXCELENTE ATENCION Y MUY BUENA COMIDA, RECOMIENDO PARA NEGOCIOS Y CENA ROMANTICASpecial Features:
- Best seafood in HoustonGallopingGourmandVIPDined on 11/7/2014This has always been our favorite high-end seafood restaurant in town. We love the fact that they now volunteer to comp your valet parking as you enter the restaurant. The food and service are the real stars here, though. Apps included lobster/shrimp bisque, crabmeat with avocado, their take on tomatoes Caprese, and one other. Mains included Lemon Sole w/ Parmesan crust and Chilean Sea Bass in lemon butter (not on menu, but their absolute best dish). Desserts are also great--blackberry cobbler and bananas Foster cake were huge hits. Only fault is lack of French wines--everything seems to be from California and is too oaky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Careful where you park!buzz43Dined on 11/7/2014Food~ delicious. Service~wonderful What I want to speak about is car towing! Our car was parked in a nearby closed bank parking lot and towed while we ate. Afterwards we learned that 2 acquaintances had similar experiences in City Centre. The tow trucks lurk and tow all evening long! Yes, they have valet parking and we would have used it had we know of the towing racket that Town & Country authorizes. It ruined the evening (& consequently most of the next day), so we probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant! !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014First dining at Eddie V's definitely will not be the last exceeded all expectations!!!! A must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!ConstantFoodieDined on 11/4/2014This is by far one of THE best restaurants in Houston! We have been several times and the quality never fails - from the minute you walk in the door to the minute you leave - everything is impeccable! This is a dining EXPERIENCE - an exquisite journey. Be sure to let them know if this is a special occasion for your visit - they go the extra mile to make events very special. If you have not dined here, you should.....if not, you are missing out!Special Features:
- Eddie V'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Loved the menu options, atmosphere and the service was incredible!!! Would definitely go back and recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014An absolutely wonderful evening for our 5th Anniversary. I informed them i wanted a romantic evening for our special night and they exceeded my expectations. Great wine list, wonderful atmosphere, and an awesome waiter. We had the grouper and red fish and both were delicious. The manager came by to congratulate us and gave us a wonderful complimentary blackberry cobbler desert. Our night was amazing! I love Eddie V's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Eddie v staff make the experience very personable. Food is pretty good but the service is what will bring me back. They definitely go above and beyond. They ask the occasion and make their moves from there. It was our anniversary so they brought complimentary champagne and rose petals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMacKDined on 10/25/2014My girlfriend and I had our one year anniversary there and we had a wonderful time. Our server Alvin was amazing and knew what we wanted before we had to ask, the food was excellent and while the restraint was full it seemed like it was just us there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!!!SharonTDined on 10/25/2014Been to the restaurant on a number of occasions and [as usual] the experience was exceptional - definitely my favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionKickabooDined on 10/23/2014We were celebrating our 10 yr anniversary. From entering at hostess desk to drink and main server, everyone wished us a Happy Anniversary. That was detail oriented and nice. Also we were given dessert that was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites now!OutoftowndinerDined on 10/23/2014We have visited Eddie V's on several occasions now and each time our group of 3 to 6 persons has had a great dining experience. The food has always been well prepared and perfectly presented. Note that the side dishes are HUGE and each one adequate to serve 4 people. The service has always been professional, punctual, accurate yet unobtrusive. We also enjoy the easily accessible City Center location and appreciate the valet parking service. We shall return to enjoy again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great timeSuziQDined on 10/18/2014The happy hour specials are the best, the food always is presented impeccably and tastes equally good. The bar area is comfortable and the lighting is low and relaxing. My only gripe is that they allow children into the bar area which I thought was an adults only space. I'm not sure if the restaurant can do anything about this, but if you are going out to a bar in the evening with other adults, it should be considered a child-free zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allBusinessFoodieDined on 10/14/2014Business dinner went really well. Great environment, great food, & great service. PerfectSpecial Features:
- It was very good food.FOODSDined on 10/13/2014I sat at the Bar and some wine and an appetizer that was great while waiting for my guest to arrive. The Bar was great and the service fantastic. Then after my guest arrived and another glass of wine we were seated and had a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, kitchen was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Long gaps in between courses. When we questioned server, he explained that the kitchen was behind, but offered us a dessert on the house, which we ended up paying for anyway, but he did pour us each a glass of wine on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best time everFayeDined on 10/11/2014The experience was unbelievable I recommend this place to anyone single, married, friends, anyone. Just amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversaryelan2ambianceDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Eddie V's. From the moment we walked in, until we left, it was a perfect experience. The hostess was warm and welcoming, and wished us Happy Anniversary. We were led to a quiet table, as I had requested, and it was strewn with rose petals! Our serving team, Theresa and Michelle were both terrific, competent, charming, and knowledgeable about the menu and wine choices. The manager came by to check on us twice, and wished us a Happy Anniversary as well. They presented us with a flaming bananas foster as our anniversary dessert and it was delicious! Both my husband and I agreed it was one of our nicest anniversary dinners, ever! Thanks to all of you at Eddie V's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We always enjoy going to Eddie V's. This was our 3rd visit in one year and it is never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Eddie V's is one of the best dining experiences in Houston. The Dover Sole is my favorite and always prepared to perfection. The waitstaff is so properly trained and very engaging with their customers. Even when the restaurant is full, they make you feel like you are priority. I especially appreciate the way they help each other out and step in where they see they are needed. Our family will always keep Eddie V's on the top of our list when we want an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- excelente atencionexcelenteDined on 10/10/2014excelente atencion, muy Buena comida les recomiendo los tacos de langostaSpecial Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceNofoodiebutDined on 10/10/2014First time here and was floored by the service. Everyone continually congratulated us on our fifth anniversary. The staff was also very professional while remaining friendly and personable. They were not pretentious or rude. Also they didn't hover by our table but kept a watchful eye from a distance giving us plenty of privacy while ensuring our drinks never became half empty. We were not rushed to order hut allowed to take our time and enjoy the night. On top of it all the good was unreal. Appetizer (crab cake) was phenomenal, steaks amazing and perfectly cooked, and dessert great. Highly recommend for a special occasion or if you want to eat out at a nicer resturaunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday happy hourluvhappyhrsDined on 10/10/2014We had to change our plans last minute on where to dine for my bday and decided to try Eddie V's, even though, we know that it is near impossible to get a table during those hours. However, when I saw the option to reserve a table online and actually got my first choice for time and number of people in my party, I was ecstatic! I love this place and am happy that I was able to introduce it to all of my closest friends. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very pleasedBubbaDLuxeDined on 10/6/2014Eddie V's knows how to make an evening special. Take your wife there for her birthday and you'll find out. Very, very special. Great food and great, great service.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnertj45Dined on 10/5/2014Great service, good food, terribly loud, inappropriate musicSpecial Features:
- katferVIPDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed our meal, we had excellent service.Special Features:
- AwesomeSargeDined on 9/28/2014Everything was awesome from the service to the food and all the in-between a.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014It was our anniversary and had a very special experience there. Our waitress was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.