Eddie V's - Chicago
521 N. Rush Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 3125951114x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
See www.eddiev.com for calendar of bands
A word from Eddie V's - Chicago
Join us at Eddie V's - Chicago and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Complement your meal with a selection from our wine menu - an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eddie V's - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Eddie V's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
419 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (293)romantic (234)fit for foodies (199)notable wine list (147)vibrant bar scene (105)good for groups (101)neighborhood gem (98)hot spot (68)late-night find (45)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Never fails for special celebrationBrianOVIPDined on 9/13/2014We really love Eddie V's on special occassions. It's sophisticated and very friendly, with great seafood choices. We've been lucky enought to dine at both the Austin TX and Chicago locations, and althought they have different vibes they are equally welcoming. Service is also impecable. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Not Overly ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service were good. Nice wine list. Noise level was loud and detracted from the overall enjoyment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/13/2014It was a nice experience, but the service was very slow.Special Features:
- Amazing Chicago dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Eddie V's was phenomenal. My boyfriend and I went for a nice dinner to celebrate our anniversary and were quite impressed. Our waiter was very enthusiastic and knew the menu well. We ended up choosing the sea bass and tuna steak which were both incredible. On the side we got corn and brussel sprouts. Good sized portions that we were full without an appetizer. All the good at tables around us also looked great. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexxyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great food - great entertainment a really Lovely evening.....Special Features:
- Steak and seafood near Miracle MiletodwinVIPDined on 9/9/2014We started our meal with a highly recommended crab cake and calamari. The crab cake was one of the best I've ever had and the calamari was crisp and tender. We ordered two seafood meals and a steak meal -- everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificLeidiGaliVIPDined on 9/8/2014Highly recommended. The service was awesome, the food exceptional and the ambiance relaxing and comfortable. I'm coming back for sureSpecial Features:
- Great for entertainingoutforfunDined on 9/8/2014I found Eddie V's to be the best find I have had in years. I have been there three times and all have been outstanding. The latest experience was an entertainment evening for clients and they loved it. They told me that it was the best steak they had ever had, and it is a seafood gem too. Service was excellent and food has unusual preparations that are never average. I recommend it to everyone. Try it, you'll like it!Special Features:
- Tasty Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014The food was wonderful. We were a group of 5 and had the crab cakes and calamari for appetizers, and both were flavorful. The portion sizes were generous. I had the special of the night: sea scallops prepared simplistically with sea salt and lemon over sprigs of asparagus. I enjoyed this dish as the fresh scallops melted in my mouth. The others in the group were pleased with their entrees as well. The waiter was excellent as he handled a table of 5 talkative, energetic women. He was patient, informative, attentive and a pleasure. I wish I would have recalled his name. The other staff were very friendly and accommodating to us all. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place.FredDined on 9/7/2014Although the location is slightly hard to find, the trip to Eddie V's is worth it. Calm and inviting décor, outstanding service and VERY good food! I would recommend this restaurant to any "foodie"!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/6/2014There was a real good piano player by the bar. We enjoyed listening to him while we waited for our table. They put rose petals on our table before we sat down to celebrate our anniversary. The food was very good. We heard some good reviews for Eddie V's, and we weren't disappointed. We had great food, wine, and dessert.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseWallySDined on 9/6/2014Went there with my wife for our anniversary. Our waiter Benjamin was very polite, courteous, and you could see how proud he was of his restaurant. The lobster tail my wife ordered and the peppercorn NY strip steak were delicious. It was a wonderful dining experience, especially with the Jazz music from the bar in the background. I will go again with friends and family....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - but busyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/6/2014We went on a Saturday night and it was packed. Service was ok when there were drinks involved, but a few tables complained next to us that the service was slow. Food delivery not waiting staff. Also, they forgot one of my side dishes and brought it out about 15 min. later (still charged for it). I got the scallops and hubby got the swordfish, both were very good. Food was really rich - didn't sit well with me later.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/6/2014Foods and services are outstanding. Life music is enjoyable. Attended to retails very much. Just then is noisy and a bit long waiting (about 40 minutes) for foods are reducing such great foods, services and ambiance. Arrangement of rose petals and greetings was much appreciated. Overall, it is still a very enjoyable dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappoint!NashteleVIPDined on 9/6/2014For a chain, you go in prepared that it is probably going to fall short, but Eddie V's goes the distance and doesn't disappoint. They go the extra mile to make you feel special and every aspect of the meal was top notch. You will pay to play, but we had a perfectly executed martini, a wonderful bottle of wine, a phenomenal meal, and a truly incredible dessert. I highly recommend trying this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!DebMoDined on 9/5/2014Went to Eddie V's with a group of nine people on a Friday night. Sometimes larger group dinners disappoint...but not here! The service was outstanding..each course arrived to each person correctly and timed perfectly...the entrees were a nice portion, very fresh and hot, and the quality of the seafood was top notch. We also enjoyed the lounge for a cocktail before dinner - the live music was a bonus. Atmosphere is elegant and chic. Can't say enough about the staff and their service-- beginning with the hostess, to the bartender, to our server, Geoffrey. An excellent experience!Special Features:
- A special place.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/5/2014We had our anniversary dinner there. They have some of the best and freshest seafood in town. They are going to give most of the high end restaurants in town a run for their money. Service by Trent, our server was outstanding. Wife and I agreed this would be our new favorite restaurant in Chicago. Go now while you can. It's popularity is sure to increase quickly.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeHappyDined on 9/1/2014Went for our 1 year anniversary and it was great !!! Romantic setting, great food, superb service ... Had lounge to listen to jazz music after which was nice after dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suzyqDined on 9/1/2014Most enjoyable atmosphere. Quality food and friendly efficient service.Special Features:
- AmazingStephandmike14Dined on 8/31/2014One of the best dining experiences ever! Excellent food and service. Absolutely no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014While the food was exquisite, the service was unbeatable. Everyone including the hostess, our server David, and the busser were extremely friendly and fun. David in particular was extremely attentive and helpful, not checking too often and giving us time to enjoy our dinner, but seeming to anticipate all our needs. He displayed a mastery of the menu and was very informative. The halibut was served in a spectacular cream sauce with smoked pork shanks, and my wife's Chilean sea bass was delicate, but flavorful. The bananas foster butter cake was very decadent. The opening round of oysters on the half shell was also extremely fresh and delicious. The best decision I could have made for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacularcinek87Dined on 8/30/2014I have to say that the extra wait was not at all a problem. Before our date we were sitting at the bar with a band playing smooth jazz. It was amazing just getting to listen to them. The food? Im speach less. It's was so amazing. So freah. Never had swordfish before and yes I would recommend it. Very romantic and by far the best sea food I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special!MLD830Dined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and from the moment we walked in everyone knew and was wishing us a Happy Anniversary! From rose petals on our table, attentive service and a complimentary dessert, everything about our experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestSueRVIPDined on 8/30/2014We loved Eddie V's. The service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. Live music is not too loud and you can carry on a conversation without yelling "what did you say". What a great addition to Chicago's dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over prepared foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014When Food Is Fresh, The Best Thing Is To Prepare Rather Simple.The Sole Was Breaded With Cheese And The Sauce Was With Too Much Garlic On Top Of Lemon Cream. I Didn't Know What I Was Eating. The Same Thing For Oysters, Too Much On Top Of Oysters.
- Illini69Dined on 8/30/2014Fantastic evening. Can't imagine how it could have been any better.Special Features:
- First ClassBillDined on 8/29/2014Eddie V's was an absolutely first class dining experience. The food was outstanding but more importantly the service was over the top. The jazz band made for an excellent ambiance of class.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MsquaredDined on 8/23/2014This is one of the best dinners I have had from beginning to end. The lobster tacos are to die for! The service is top notch. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first review (I had to do it!)EZMFEDined on 8/23/2014We selected this for our 15th Anniversary restaurant based on existing ratings. It did not disappoint! The food and the service was spectacular -- these are real trained waiters, not just schmoes thrown into the job. We could not have had a better experience. Our waiter Geoffrey knew our names, that is was our anniversary, and even had rose petals on our table. So special. He was a great waiter. The ambiance is very intimate -- whether a romantic couple or a group of good friends. We had the crab crake (awesome). Raw oysters which eclipsed the ones we had over at Shaw's oyster bar for lunch. The South African lobster tails, they were so divine. The bananas foster dessert cake -- words don't do it justice. Just order it, trust me. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I made a reservation under opentable for 2 with no problems. It was my first time trying this restaurant and I am not a food critic but I love eating. The food was amazing, we ordered the ahi tuna tartare appetizer, I had the sole and my date had the swordfish steak. Timely and warm and we finished every bite. The server Taylor was welcoming and even knew my name due to the reservation, very knowledgeable about menu, wines, and pairings and he gave a great recommendation. The live music was great but I wish we could hear it a little better since we were separated by a wall. I also wished we could have been seated at a two person booth instead of a four person table to be a little more romantic, be sure to specify in the notes!Special Features:
- Great SeafoodMariaVIPDined on 8/22/2014There were 5 of us and 4 of us ate different types of fish (Sole, Chilean Sea Bass, Tuna and Red Fish(2) )- and they were all very good. Very fresh. Portions are large. Sides where good. Waitress was very nice and friendly.
- Nice, but...NicnicDined on 8/20/2014So here is the good: The staff acknowledged that it was my husband's bday. Waiter was polite and efficient. They gave my husband a free dessert for his bday. We appreciated that. Good band but too loud to sit close, so we were seated in the main dining room. Place is new, so the decor is chic and aesthetically pleasing. Nice for a romantic night out. Now for the so-so: The food, mehhh. Red fish was bland. Jumbo stuffed shrimp pretty good. Crab fried rice was just ok. Lobster bisque had a few pieces of lobster in it (love that), but the taste was just lacking. Not sure. Maybe we just got the wrong things on the wrong night. While this review was not a great promo, I would still say try it out for yourself.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Went for my bday was wonderful. Chilean sea bass melts in your mouth. Service fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just for the halibut!a2dinerDined on 8/19/2014Halibut is amazing! and so is the bananas foster cake. Would definitely go again if only for these -- and everything else was great too!Special Features:
- Seafood!JayjiaDined on 8/19/2014I love seafood and this was exactly what I was craving. Oysters were great and so was the sea bass. Not the cheapest, but it's seafood so it's not something you want to do on the cheap. I was late for my reservation, when I called to ask if I could push it back, they were really accomodating !Special Features:
- The Best ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/18/2014Took my 25 yrs old daughter for her birthday and they treated us like celebrities. Staff was friendly, accommodating and great service. I would recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall ExperienceCaynerVIPDined on 8/17/2014We were visiting from out of town and found this restaurant on Open Table. The service was fantastic, the food even better... They had live Jazz which was great! I highly recommend the bananas foster butter cake for dessert! WE will definitely eat here again when we are in Chicago!Special Features:
- Great food & Excellent ServicegaryunoDined on 8/16/2014Visiting from Australia, found the restaurant on Yelp and thought we would try it. Very nice food and the service was impeccable. Great atmosphere in the restaurant and the food prices were reasonable. I would recommend this to our friends.Special Features:
- Exceptional experience!!redheadjessDined on 8/16/2014Dined on 8/16/14 around 9pm. Bryan S. was our server, he was professional, knowledgeable, personable and did not rush anything. Special thanks for making our experience *that* much better. We had the Caymus Cab, 1/2 dozen oysters, Yellowtail Sashimi, Jumbo Lump Crab Cake. All were fresh, flavorful, delicious, and beautiful. We split the 1lb Lobster (to die for!!) with sides of Broccolini and Truffled Mac and Cheese. Did not order dessert, but were pleasantly surprised to be presented with the Bananas Foster. Do yourself a favor: get it. Delish. As industry professionals (I am a pastry chef/ he is a chef/restaurant owner) we appreciate a truly exceptional experience. We are looking forward to coming back on our next trip to Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mac & cheese everLgfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The food was out of this world and I am a huge foodie! The halibut was cooked to perfection and the truffled Mac and cheese was the best I've ever had. Ended with an amazing bananas foster brûlée to perfection! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.