Eddie V's - Chicago
521 N. Rush Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 3125951114x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
See www.eddiev.com for calendar of bands
A word from Eddie V's - Chicago
Join us at Eddie V's - Chicago and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Complement your meal with a selection from our wine menu - an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eddie V's - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Eddie V's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
436 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (311)romantic (250)fit for foodies (229)notable wine list (169)good for groups (109)neighborhood gem (103)vibrant bar scene (103)hot spot (82)late-night find (42)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/20/2014The food was incredible and the service was even better. Would definitely recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDeatsThisDDeatsDined on 10/20/2014This has become my go to restaurant for "special occasion" dining. Everything from the front desk to the bus boys was top drawer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Waiter and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My husband and I love eat fish. The Waiter was Very good. He give us good recommendation. Nice place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chicago Seafood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014The food (if not a bit pedestrian) was beautifully prepared, well seasoned and easy to enjoy in an atmosphere reminiscent of a classic Chicago steakhouse. Simplicity in presentation was refreshingly minimalist. Cocktails-classic Aviation was smooth and balanced, nice selection of muddled drinks as well. The Maine Lobster Tacos--a generous portion of claw meat atop house-made tortillas were exceptional. Yellowtail Sashimi w. Ponzu was fresh and i, Tuna Tartare was underwhelming. Sea Bass entree is well worth the variable MKT price. And even if you think you are too full for dessert at least order the Salted Caramel Panna Cotta, you'll be glad you did! Hosts were pleasant but service left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Parmesan crusted lemon sole was wOnderful. Bananas foster was best ever eatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 10/18/2014We know this is a seafood restaurant but my husband and I split the bone in ribeye, side of twice baked potato and asparagus with a wedge salad first. All was fabulous! We live in the city and brought out of town friends. We all loved it. Have been there many times and will surely go back. They have it right there. Great bar scene with combo, fun atmosphere, great service and fabulous food. Glad they came to the windy!Special Features:
- Our first visit.FrequentDynerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Everything was excellent. Glad we were able to find it in Open Table. We both ordered the halibut which was sautéed but so moist it could have been poached. We would like to go back again the next time we are in Chicago.Special Features:
- Superbalicious!dobuggarooDined on 10/18/2014Best in Chicago! Outstanding in everyway! Exceeded expectations!Special Features:
- superb in ever way.travelqDined on 10/17/2014Service was fabulous without being intrusive. Tuna tartar with a sesame citrus was amazing. The fish was cooked perfectly. Steaks were the best ever. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We had great service and great food. Had a mojito, but it was a little weak. Seriously. I'm not a big drinker and I know a strong drink when I have one!Special Features:
- Don't let them experiment on you...BatonwaverVIPDined on 10/15/2014See my full review on TripAdvisor.com under my reviewer name Batonwaver.
- not particularly goodfinetushDined on 10/14/2014Food was expensive and not well prepared. Fish was overcooked and dry and lobster tail was very expensive and also overcooked making it rubbery. The rest does not matter much if the food is not good.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014The service was excellent. The menu and food were wonderful. The location is easy to get to. The atmosphere is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemExperienceddinerDined on 10/11/2014With all the great restaurants in the area, this Gem fits right in. Very courteous staff, accomadating, Food fery good. Music too, nice lounge to eat or drink in, or go formal in the dining room .Special Features:
- SpindogSpindogVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is the 3rd Eddie V's that I have been to...LaJolla (2x), Austin (6x) and now hometown! The restaurant is beautiful, service is fabulous, and ambience is #2 to LaJolla. But wait , let me explain that the LaJolla location overlooks the ocean from a rooftop! This one is coveniently located in the Nordstrom Building which is not only a plus for shopping, but also parking is enclosed (think warm) and you can enter from the lobby of the mall! So no matter what time of year you choose to come to Eddie V's - the ease of convenience will take the stress out of the traffic to get here. Wonderful, wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceZeseDined on 10/11/2014We were having dinner with some dear friends which we had not seen in 11 years. I requested a round table, which we did get. It was better for visiting. Needless to say, we were very busy catching up with each other. Our waiter was so patient with us. He said take all the time you need. I wish I had his name, he was awesome. The food was excellent! We shared the crab cakes, so good, and the crab fried rice, YUM!! Wish we had desert, but we were too full. Had coffee's and after dinner drinks, which were so good. Our dinner lasted 3.5 hours, and we were never rushed, or made to feel like it was time to leave. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simsimVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food is OK, although in my opinion Catch or Joe nearby are much better. Service was poor to say the least (although I am willing to admit that we were just unlucky with the waiter). If you want to hear jazz, you have to ask for it.Special Features:
- Excellent Eddie V'sGustosDined on 10/11/2014Our food and service was EXCELLENT! We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 10/11/2014From the hostess to the waiter and the manager, the service experience was exceptional. The food was top notch, especially for a chain restaurant. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocky startEileenDined on 10/10/2014We arrived for our 8:15 reservation at 8:15 and were told we were early to wait at the bar, we did 20 minutes later my husband went up and asked and was told a few more minutes, the bartender then asked what time our reservation was for and that he would check into it, we were seated 5 minutes later. So with a reservation we had to wait a half hour. Our server was tremendous.Rose petals on our table for our 28th wedding anniversary. We were asked to choose an appetizer that it was on the house the lobster tacos were fantastic. Entrees superb. Service tremendous. Banana's Foster for an anniversary treat it was out of this world.It was well worth the wait. We had a wonderful evening celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood dinnerMikhailDined on 10/10/2014Excellent restaurant in Chicago. Very good service and excellent food. It is romantic place. I can not say anything about meat bur seafood was otstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edie V's review...RhondaKDined on 10/10/2014Outstanding restaurant in Chicago... a real gem. Food is second to none! Service is superb in every way. Will definitely make this establishment a must for dining when visiting the windy city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MezmorizingChefXGXDined on 10/9/2014Great service without the over pretentious attitude. The New York strip steak was perfect and the sea bass was great too.Special Features:
- Fabulous date nightWinnieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Hostess was very cordial and welcoming. Bradley, our waiter, was phenomenal with exceptional knowledge of dishes, wonderful demeanor, and fabulous service. I had the Ahi tuna which was cooked to perfection with a very tasty sauce to complement. My date had the swordfish; the best he'd ever had! Afterwards, we had a drink at the bar and enjoyed the live entertainment which was at just the right volume. James, the bartender was very gracious and chatted easily with us. A splendid evening!Special Features:
- HenryVIPDined on 10/7/2014I had a large party of 10 that was constantly changing with #s and names. Vs had a private event also that night and I was concerned we would not have the service, food quality for our clients. The staff took outstanding care of us. The service was exceptional from the moment we entered. The hostest and service staff were top notch. The food was the best in the city.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodFloridaFlashDined on 10/6/2014I brought a group of four to this restaurant on October 6 because it was highly rated and less than a half mile from the boutique hotel we had chosen. Everyone left raving about the quality of the food. The service was attentive and helpful. Sole, roasted filet Oscar, bone in ribeye, and halibut - every one outstanding. Crab and corn chowder, oysters on the half shell, flash fried oysters, - great appetizers. The dessert selection also looked amazing, but there is only so much you can eat. Nice pinot noir at a reasonable price. Just a little hard to find for a group of pedestrians, across a bridge, down stairs, through marginal neighboring blocks, but outstanding
- Very enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/5/2014We were visiting Chicago and my wife wanted seafood. I love steak tartare so when I saw a steak and lobster version on the menu I had to try it. It was fantastic. My fish was good, but twice as much as I expected or could finish. Sides were excellent. Service was very good, very friendly and not at all obtrusive. Very professional. Very good wine list with prices one would expect for a fancy restaurant in the Gold Coast of Chicago.Special Features:
- Good food.NA11VIPDined on 10/4/2014Good food. Good food. Good food. Good food. Good food. Good food. Good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid PlacePLeMaster2VIPDined on 10/4/2014A good, solid seafood/steakhouse! Food is all great & the service as well. The white jackets that the servers wear give things a bit of a classy throwback feel that helps make Eddie V's standout. Very vibrant atmosphere around the bar yet the dining area still remains at a nice volume for conversation!!Special Features:
- Fantastic!FishVIPDined on 10/4/2014I really had a nice date with my wife. Everyone was very nice. I would go there again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Eddie V's is competing at a very competitive intersection, but it is just as good as any restaurant in the area. We had the fish tacos which were amazing. For entrees, we had the grouper and halibut which were equally delicious. They even gave us a free dessert for our anniversary - the bananas foster cake. It was awesome! The staff was extremely nice and we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food...awesome serviceFoodLoverDined on 10/4/2014This was my 4th or 5th time going to Eddie V's and I have loved it every time. The Lobster Tacos are to "die for"!! The Banana Fosters Cake is truly amazing!! This was my first time trying the calamari and it was also amazing!! The atmosphere is really nice in the bar area. I would skip the regular dining room unless you are going for a romantic dinner. The bar area has nice spacious tables and great live music. You MUST try this restaurant!! It has become my favorite...and I'm a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner SpotKalineDined on 10/4/2014Food was excellent and the chef had no problem with my substitutions. Service was exemplary. Will most definitely return when back in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a keeperpatti34Dined on 10/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit here. Our server, Jessica, was amazing. We appreciated the quality of our appetizers and entrees. Did you ever step into a place and immediately felt comfortable? Well, this is it. Looking forward to our return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delightfulJWFVCDined on 10/4/2014We have dined at Eddie V's twice while visiting Chicago. Both times we've had an outstanding meal in a beautiful restaurant. The lobster tacos and crab cake appetizers were delicious. Members of our party ordered the swordfish, grouper, scallops, and Hawaiian tuna. All the fish was fresh and perfectly done. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and appropriately entertaining. I have already sent recommendations to friends living in Austin and Dallas to visit their local Eddie V's!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceMrsHill08Dined on 10/4/2014I left a little comment that we were celebrating our anniversary when making the reservation. Our table had a card signed by all and rose petals. Everyone that walked by wished us happy anniversary as well. The food was delicious and the live jazz was devine. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceBeaJVIPDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I dined on a Friday evening. We requested and recv'd lounge seating so that we were up close to the live jazz band playing on stage. What a great experience, from the ambiance to the service (Carson is spectacular) and the food is truly a masterpiece full of flavor. I enjoyed the Lobster and Shrimp Bisque along with the Double Breast Chicken. Terrific choices! My husband loved his colossal sized crab cake which had an impressive amount of crab meat compared to the very light breading. Just a wonderful choice and great music made for a special evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/2/2014I really like Eddie V's!!! Food is good, Service is great, QUIET and you can actually talk, Nice Music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Número UnoKevinJMDined on 10/2/2014Food was phenomenal. Had the Grilled Shrimp. Best I ever had. Prepared well; excellent presentation. Fried rice was excellent as well. Server was very friendly, knowledgable and provided excellent customer service. Will definitely go back next time I am in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!ByrdiuDined on 9/30/2014Very wonderful dining experience! The service and food were excellent with a great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.