Eddie V's - Chicago
521 N. Rush Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: (312) 595-1114
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly in the V-Lounge.
See www.eddiev.com for calendar of bands
A word from Eddie V's - Chicago
Join us at Eddie V's - Chicago and let the comfortably sophisticated environment, sparkling atmosphere, and sounds of live jazz that fill the air set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically… acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and broiled to perfection. Complement your meal with a selection from our wine menu - an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Master Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our V Lounge where you can sip classic and creative cocktails, and enjoy signature appetizers against a backdrop of soulful jazz and seductive lighting. Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Eddie V's - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Eddie V's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
425 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (302)fit for foodies (235)romantic (229)notable wine list (165)good for groups (128)vibrant bar scene (109)hot spot (96)neighborhood gem (95)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- The food and ambiance was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014The music was not too loud, we were not rushed. We had salads , appretizers and a side and were more than full! Everthing was well presented and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Its rare a restaurant delivers so flawlessly food and service. Every course was excellent. All food served hot on hot plates. Service was great. 10+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findDalaperDined on 11/21/2014This was our first experience at Eddie V's, but it won't be our last. We thoroughly enjoyed the service, the seafood, and ambience. The setting is elegant but relaxed and the servers couldn't do enough to please us. My halibut special was perfectly seasoned and broiled. A great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Chicago findLikegoodfoodVIPDined on 11/20/2014The service was just right. Attentive but not disruptive. Food was excellent. Lobster tacos a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and Exquisite FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014This was a happenstance find through Open Table. I wanted Seafood and I wanted a bit upscale. This was both and done very very handsomely. I cannot overstate how excellent the service was (Waitstaff: Clark). I asked to time the courses so that there was time in between and he did with aplomb. I think the kitchen was forcing the orders out as the bisque bowl was over hot, but everything else was very very nicely done. A must go for excellent food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful fish selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2014Our party of six went heavily on the seafood side of things and everyone walked away stating if possible, they would come back the following day and order the same meal. Exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restuarant and one of the best in ChicagoDaveDined on 11/17/2014We visited this restaurant on business and we not disappointed. Great food, excellent service and all round a great experience. would recommend and come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Chicago RestauranthickmantDined on 11/15/2014Eddie V's is my new favorite restaurant...great food...great atmosphere!!! I would definitely recommend sitting in the bar area unless you are wanting a romantic dinner. Live music is amazing!Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014We had heard good things but our dinner was outstanding. Great food and terrific service by Kimberly. It was our anniversary and they decorated the table with rose petals, gave us a card signed by the staff and free bananas foster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal ExperiencekLw4Dined on 11/15/2014I had my birthday dinner in the semi-private dining area and it was amazing. Some favorites were: Fuji Apple Salad, Chilean Sea Bass, Pacific Ahi Tuna, Twice Baked Potato with Bacon and Chives, and the Crab Fried Rice with Mushrooms and Scallions. My guests and I enjoyed everything we ordered. The drinks were just right and the service was impeccable. My guests and I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mazgalDined on 11/15/2014Stumbled upon this great place and so glad we did! The Maryland crab cake was out of this world.... The tuna was one of the best I have ever had. The Truffle Mac and Cheese... YUM! We also ordered the Calamari... It was good but a bit greasy and felt like there should be some kind of dipping sauce. I don't know if I would order that again, but everything else was amazing! We had reservations and sat at the bar waiting... saw a few open tables in the bar area and questioned the hostess if we could be seated in the bar area as there is live jazz music in there. They seated us right away. We so enjoyed that instead of being in the main dining room where you can't hear the music. Beautiful restaurant and Great food... Will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it - you will not be disappointed !MassimooVIPDined on 11/15/2014Phenomenal time at this chic/pricey place on a busy corner near the Mag. Mile. Food scrumptious, especially the appetizers. Service attentive and precise, but not too bothersome. Jazz in background unique/cool. Portions generous but not outrageous. Wine list impressive. One of our favorites !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experienceHighStandardsVIPDined on 11/14/2014What a pleasant surprise to find out that Eddie V's opened in Chicago! Went there for dinner before Stevie Wonder and the whole experience was terrific. Our server, Elroy, was very attentive and open about the menu. We ordered the ahi tuna and halibut and both were fantastic with generous portions. Brussel sprouts were great and the bananas foster cake was amazing. This is now our favorite restaurant at this famous dining intersection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014A group of 6 came to Eddie V's for dinner and we were delighted with the experience. The service was to notch with a wait staff that made you feel like someone of a high stature. The food was also fantastic. I would recommend the lobster tacos (cut into halves) and calamari for share plates. The tacos had a nice depth of flavor and were absolutely delicious. Calamari was grilled and paired with vegetables that brought out the complexity of the dish. I had a bone in ribeye and if you're even had this cut of steak its all you need to say... Delicious. My favorite side fish were the brussel sprouts as they were crispy and mixed with bacon. Great spot and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and music tooJayseaVIPDined on 11/11/2014The service is great. The live music adds a very very nice touch. The food is also very good. People compare this restraurant to Joe's. It's not! You don't have to beg to get in. I am tried of begging. So, I will be eating here more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite in Chicagodlong1969Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I really like Shaw's... and didn't think any other restaurant would come close. We decided to visit Eddie Vs since we didn't want to visit Shaw's 2 nights in a row. We were wonderfully surprised. The ambiance was very upscale but not stuffy, the wait staff was efficient and friendly, and the foot was just amazing. This restaurant has been added to our list of "must visit" locations.Special Features:
- Take parentsalrpDined on 11/8/2014Tke your parents here if they come to vivist. Fish was great! Wine was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RussConOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Outstanding restaurant. Our reservation time was spot on. We came per recommendations from friends who shared that it was their favorite. We agree. We like live music, and it was great. Food was more than expected. The crab cake appetizer was the best I can recall! The tuna was the best I have experienced in Chicago. The wine selection is a little on the light side, but we found what we like. We would highly recommend this. Make sure to reserve on open table ahead of time. It gets busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceLiveToEatDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I traveled to Chicago to celebrate our Anniversary and my birthday. We had originally tried to get in to another highly rated sea food restaurant, but were unable to get a reservation. No worries, as we went to Eddie V's. The meal, service, and experience exceeded our expectations. It is expensive, but well worth it. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any celebration, or a quiet dinner with your spouse.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ServiceChicagoDSTVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is a great place. Spacious bar area, excellent service and really good good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJohnVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our first visit - excellent food, wonderful service - have already booked a return visit. The server recommended the Crab Cake - am glad that he did, I would highly recommend. My wife had oysters and she said they were perfect, she had soup and salad which she said was very good. Beef for me and it was excellent. Five Stars!!!!Special Features:
- DiningirlVIPDined on 11/8/2014Spotty service and uneven preparation make for a work in progress with potential . The sleek decor upon entry and the bar/lounge with live music get high marks . However, the dining room needs to catch up. There are multiple levels in the dining room and waiters congregated a level above our table with personal conversations clearly audible ; our entrees ( Chilean sea bass and grouper ) were superb but our appetizer of fried oysters was not quite hot enough ; the same was true of the asparagus and au gratin potatoes that we ordered as sides. The wine list was quite good . We decided to order dessert to go and our bill was brought a good 15min before the dessert arrived . There was also extra time between courses . But We will return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it from start to finishkcronin5Dined on 11/7/2014Best seafood ever! Loved the Bananas Foster Cake dessert! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceGina1234Dined on 11/7/2014The crab cake appetizer was the best I've ever had. Meal was top notch start to finish. Extraordinary service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceDrNickatDePaulDined on 11/7/2014Our server, Don, made the evening wonderful. His suggestions from the wine list an the food menu were spot on. He truly made the evening special. The 22-oz ribeye was fantastic, and the Maryland-style crab cake was one of the best I've had outside of Maryland. While we usually go for chocolate desserts, the butterscotch panna cotta was to die for.Special Features:
- Awsome Birthday DinnerKimmyDined on 11/7/2014We had a great time and the service was amazing! It was 3 of us we all had a fish dish and they were great. We had the lobster tacos Awesome, a bowl of the lobster bisque very good, the truffle mac and cheese to die for and the brussel sprouts very good! And to end the evening we had the bananas foster great and an even better presentation. Overall we had a wonderful time. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Supper ClubsexxyVIPDined on 11/6/2014Best Supper Club in years Food Entertainment AmbianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent Place to Eat!PurposeDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant was second to none. It was my husband's birthday so we decided to celebrate there. We had an awesome waiter named Elroy. He was very knowledgeable about every selection on the menu. He recommended awesome meals to choose. He was very personable too. He was open and honest about the menu. It was our first time there so it was important that we were directed to choose something that we would enjoy. The seafood was awesome! The shrimp, halibut, steak with lobster was exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to enjoy a scrumptious meal. It was a little pricey but it was worth it. This was one of the best restaurants we dined at in years!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Scottsdale GemCapnJakDined on 11/6/2014This Scottsdale legend loses nothing with its corporate owned entrance in Chicago. No drop off in quality or service. The Sole is to die for. Great bar vibe and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, fantastic experienceAwesomeVIPDined on 11/5/2014The location is a bit tricky for those that don't know this part of the city. The layout of the place is very nice. Great bar set up with lots of open space. The menu selection, food and overall service all top notch.Special Features:
- great musicAndyVIPDined on 11/5/2014Amazing wait staff always there never intrusive. It's best to get a table near the music. The food is phenomenal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect business dinner spotwagne045Dined on 11/4/2014I recently visited Eddie V's during a business trip that included a huge trade show. reservations were very hard to find, but I was fortunate to find a slot at Eddie V's. Food was prepared perfectly, the service was attentive and well-informed, and our bill was not outrageous. I will return in the future.Special Features:
- Great for Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2014We had a group of 7 for a business meeting. Being a larger restaurant we had very good service. noise level was great in order to hear the full table talk. Great meat and seafood options enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitPCWildcatVIPDined on 11/4/2014This was my first time at this Chicago Seafood eatery. Although the service was slow the quality of the entrees was worth it. The sides were somewhat common. Those that had dessert were very pleased. Bring your pocket lights and reading glasses as this is one of the more dimly lit places I have eaten in a while. I would definitely go back the next time I visit the area.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot! Love the food!!PattyVIPDined on 11/4/2014Had never heard of Eddie V's but went there with a friend on her recommendation--wonderful time! Service was splendid! Fried lobster was magnificent; shrimp dish perfect!; scallops juicy and sweet; steaks cooked to perfection; brussel sprouts scrumptious; tasty rice dish--perfectly chilled champagne and warm french bread--what's not to love! I felt like returning the next day for a repeat! Will definitely put this on my list of favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TryBigAl1138VIPDined on 11/2/2014For starters the restaurant was very warm. Our server was more interested in giving us his spiel, than paying attention to what was going on at our table. I guess by definition, my ribeye did have a bone in it, if you count the sliver of one the size of a string bean. Everyone else's meal was good, I just think they may have had an off night.
- Another Great RestaurantAdmiralVIPDined on 11/2/2014I took my wife to Eddie V's on Sunday night and we had a fantastic experience. We expected a few hiccups since the restaurant recently opened, but we didn't experience any of the normal miscues. The waiter we had was tremendous; timely, knowledgeable, and courteous. My wife had the Chilean sea bass and I had the halibut. Both dishes were prepared perfectly, but if I had to pick I would say the sea bass is the best entrée on the menu. We finished our meals off with blackberry cobbler and the bananas foster...wow! wow! wow! Great experience, great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected!!LindaDined on 11/1/2014Had a reservation for 9pm, got to restaurant and table wasn't ready so waited at bar for 20 minutes. We decided to have dinner at the bar. Got the lobster tacos for our appetizer, which were delicious! Not so much for our drinks:( Waited one hour for our food and finally said something to the bartender. Manager came over to apologize and let us know they were working on it. I believe it was about 1 1/2 total time until we got out food which I got the Grouper and was a bit dry, my husband got the steak which was good. Manager ended up taking care of our entire bill which I wouldn't have expected any less. We will go back for appetizers one more time. Recommend you try and hopefully don't have same experience as us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We found this gem of a place for dinner. The food was fantastic along with the waiter. Will definitely recommend this place for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/1/2014I chose Eddie V's for a 93rd birthday dinner for four people, three of whom have different food 'issues.' The menu looked wonderful and as though there would be good selections for everyone. I could not have made a better choice. Not only was dinner outstanding but our server Michelle was extremely attentive and paid close attention to a host of dietary adjustments required for our orders. Portions are generous, ingredients are superb and attention to detail is flawless. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.