Eddie V's - Arboretum
9400 Arboretum Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Arboretum
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 5123422642
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5pm - 10pm. Friday - Saturday, 5pm - 11pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Rojas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Eddie V's - Arboretum
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eddie V's - Arboretum - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Eddie V's - Arboretum reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (224)romantic (152)notable wine list (105)fit for foodies (101)scenic view (87)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (30)late-night find (19)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate an occasion and the staff was amazing, we even had a surprise dessert for the occasion :) The food was delicious... starting with our appetizer to salad to entrée and dessert. In addition they have a great wine selection, we enjoyed a 2010 Opus 1.Special Features:
- Disappointing....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014For the amount of money we spent on dinner, both my wife an I were disappointed in our dining experience at Eddie V's in the Arboretum. When you spend $30 for scallops, you should be able to expect them to be sand-free. All eight scallops had some sand in them - which occurs when they have not been properly washed. My seared ahi was just okay. I expected better for the price they charge. The one positive was the service. We had Kevin & Kevin as our servers - both of which were very attentive.Special Features:
- Husband's Favorite SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Had a fabulous dinner once again. It is a pleasure to dine somewhere and the food is consistently great. The staff were friendly and made our dinner out very special. The menu is exceptional. My husband had shrimp cocktail and the infamous "Tomahawk" steak. I had the lobster tacos and scallops. Perfection in preparation for the both of us. Made for a superb dinner.Special Features:
- ALWAYS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I've been there 5-6 times. I've NEVER had any food that I didn't like. I love Eddie V's. 5 stars is not good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Constant!OldBrideDined on 8/30/2014Eddie V Never disappoints, wait staff is prompt, cheerful and, helpful. The food is excellent and the choice of dishes are varied and delicious. If there is A birthday person in your group be sure to tell them when making the reservation. The desserts for the birthday table were wonderful.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014All I can say is, this is our favorite restaurant in Austin, TX.Special Features:
- Eddie V's ALWAYS AMAZING!!!Dcanuck16Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I have been going to Eddie V's Arboretum for years for every birthday and anniversary. The food is always impeccable and the service is outstanding. RC is one of the best servers I have ever encountered! We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait with reservationdinerdocDined on 8/27/2014Appetizer ordered was billed separately as itemized even though it was one plate . Waiter failed to explain this until asked to explain bill. Do not order if not on menu and ask for prices . Otherwise , their billing practices will surprise you . Not the best service I'm used to getting there. RC was not up to par!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentfoodieDined on 8/27/2014Crissy is the best! Everyone give outstanding service. Best steaks and seafood in Austin.Special Features:
- upper tierMiloDined on 8/26/2014This place is among the upper tier in service and food quality in the Austin area. It was worth every penny, wife had lemon sole and I had the chicken. We will return soon, arrive early parking can be rough unless you valet for free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Consistently great food and service and on the top of our list for family celebrations. Steaks and fresh seafood among the best in Austin. Treated the family to a desert to share to celebrate my father's 80th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite placeLTOCDined on 8/23/2014We love Eddie V's in the Arboretum. It is our favorite place and we dine there about 4-6 time s a year. We usually dine there for special occasions and love the food. We do love some of the items not on the menu anymore such as the tempura scallops. Also, I usually get the filet oscar style and the decision to cut the steak up tends to dry it out a bit. All in all an excellent place. The bar staff was super friendly and helpful seeking us out in the crowd and waiting on us. Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSARunnergirlDined on 8/23/2014Especially lived the sashimi. Great service, food times well. We would definitely go again. Totally happy with the seating, service and food quality as well as knowledge of staff. Sea bass was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great choice for fish and seafood. Other menu items are available for those who prefer steaks/chops and there is a vegetarian option as well. Service is always professional, never stuffy. It's always a packed house so don't forget to call ahead or be prepared to wait.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Eddie V's not only had excellent food, but the customer service was great from before we ever entered the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food best serviceTDogandWonderWomanDined on 8/21/2014We have started a tradition of going once a week and we have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversaryjason22Dined on 8/16/2014Everything was great. Food was outstanding. Our server was awesome as well! The only thing was we had reservations at 9pm. We got there about 9:02pm. We were informed tables are being cleaned and would be notified once they became available. About 20 minutes later another couple arrived and said they had reservations at 9:30pm. They were informed the same thing we were. However, they were seated PRIOR to us which I dont understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! Perfect evening & foodshellmarDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our 19th anniversary with Eddie V's. Everything was fantastic. The lobster tail was huge and cooked perfectly. It absolutely melted in my mouth. You know the food is great when you close your eyes and sigh. The scallops were wonderful, just the right texture. On recommendation from a friend, I ordered the truffled mac and cheese. It was my favorite. I want to go again just to eat that. We had the flaming Bananas Foster cake-WOW. Fun to watch and even better to eat, especially with the butter pecan ice cream. It was expensive but it was a special and wonderful evening. Thank you, Eddie V's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014From the worst Mojito I have ever had to the soggy encrusted sole, I would have never expected this to happen at a venue like Eddie Vs. The happy hour mojito was mainly club soda with almost no trace of lime or rum. The corn and crab chowder was watery and way over spiced for even this pepper eating Texas. My entree was the encrusted sole and it was served with a wet salad on top which caused the crust to be soggy. My wife had the steak and lobster that was served with "clarified butter" which looked and tasted like butter flavored cooking oil. Our sides were the truffle mac and cheese, which was dry and had no noticeable truffle flavor, and the sauteed spinach which tasted like it was cooked in burned bacon grease.
- OutstandingRKR123Dined on 8/14/2014Perfect evening! Everything was excellent .... Food and service outstanding . A perfect birthday dinner! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurantsbutashaDined on 8/13/2014I have been going off and on to Eddie V's for about 8 years now and it has never failed to provide an excellent experience. The food and service are always great as is the environment. One of my pet peives against most restaurants is the noise level. When I take friends and family out to eat it is a social event and if you have to raise your voice over the music or background noise it takes away from the experience. Good job Eddie V's please keep it up for years to come. The only negative I have to date is the lack of parking at the Arboretum location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visit Great, 2nd not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014I ate at the downtown location a few weeks prior to this visit, and it was excellent, the entree, apps, and sides were all great. My second visit was at the Arboretum location. We ordered the 8oz and 12oz filet, 3 sides, asparagus, twice baked potato, and mac and cheese. Our steaks were very bland, even with the cognac cream sauce didn't help much flavor wise. The asparagus was nothing special, seems that they could have at least added salt, it was very bland. My wife liked the truffle mac and cheese, but it was average to me. The twice baked potato was good, but had nowhere near the amount of toppings compared to the downtown location. If I go back, it will be on the company's dime, not mine.Special Features:
- Great Expectations MetBigMacDined on 8/11/2014For our "celebratory" date night we chose Eddie V's because we frequent the restaurant in Scottsdale whenever we are there and we have been intending to dine at our local Eddie V's and we are so glad we did. We loved the location; window seating allowed us to look out and over and added a nice charm. The service was 5-star all the way, from valet to host to waiter. The menu is very nice and the only drawback on this visit was with the grouper perhaps a little underdone as were the Brussels sprouts but both issues were quickly and cheerfully remedied. We intend to dine here once a month for the next 6-months or so as we are now limited on our travelling. A great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Jeff took extremely good care of us! The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet enjoymentGood4diningDined on 8/10/2014Finally, a very good Austin restaurant that isn't so loud you can't hear your companions speak. A very pleasant place to dine and not shout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This visit to Eddie V's left me very disappointed in the service and food. I have been to this location numerous times and always had a great experience. This time around our waiter ignored us and the food was not up to the standards normally achieved by this restaurant. We were there to celebrate a very special occasion and I felt like this experience ruined our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014As usual, everything was excellent. It's the best place in town for consistently excellent food and service. Martinis are perfectly chilled, shaken not stirred. The mushroom salad is a melange of flavors. Lobster bisque is creamy and well flavored. Sea bass is always perfectly cooked. Best warm bread in Austin every time. Dessert was fabulous! Will be back soon!Special Features:
- WonderfulMaggieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Eddie V's is a wonderful restaurant you can always count on for a fabulous meal, services, and ambiance. Roger is a great manager, who always makes you feel welcome and taken care of. If you have people from out of town, take them there, you won't have to worry about having a great experience.Special Features:
- Oustanding!Ovalle001Dined on 8/8/2014We recently went to Eddie V's for our 5th year anniversary and could not say enough about have great everything was to our family and friends. Seating took a little long however we were generously compensated with goodies to make our anniversary extra special. Our server was such an amazing person that he made out 2 hour dinner seems like we had just sat down. The general manager took time out of his busy day and checked on us at least 3 different times. Food was outstanding and great detail was put into everything. We had an amazing time and will be back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationDandKatATXDined on 8/8/2014The staff was superb and made our anniversary special! Our selecteded bottle of champaign on ice was at the table when we were seated. They had a staff-signed anniversary card on the table (in our name!) and seated us in a romantic corner with a great Hill Country view. The sea bass was unbelievable and dessert terrific.Special Features:
- Great food!TCUMomDined on 8/7/2014We were very impressed with our dining experience. The ahi tuna was perfectly prepared as was my husband's steak. We particularly enjoyed the sides of Brussels sprouts and asparagus. Our sever Josh was attentive without being instrusive. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Our anniversary dinner at Eddie V's was delicious.....from the oysters on the half shell to the perfectly cooked steak. We also had complimentary dessert.....molten lava cake with Amy's ice cream... I would highly recommend Eddie V's for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice meal...a great placeCinCinVIPDined on 8/2/2014A very nice experience that suited us just fine; Eddie V's is notably one of the best. The hostess was more than helpful, making room for us when I made an error on the reservation. The waiter, Stephen, was one of the best I've ever seen, carefully timing the evening's service to be a true dining experience that unfolded and charmed. My soft shelled crab was perfectly crafted; spot on for a light battered delight. The garnish even contained little surprises of fruit I could not name, but enjoyed. My husband' sashimi went fast, and his red fish with meunière sauce was fresh, light, and good. My only concern was that the steak in a mixed grill tasted a tad grainy and flat. The rest of the dish, quite nice-more than enough to cover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Austin FavoritePattiVIPDined on 8/2/2014Eddie V's is always an Austin favorite, service was impecatblefrom Matt the bartender who actually asked our names and remembered them to our server who was attentive but not hovering. My steak and my husbands Red Fish were both cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACEPattybDined on 7/31/2014We had a really great meal at Eddie V's. The scallops were perfect and the crab cake was a meal in itself. Service was impeccable. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Eddie V's does it again!oenophileVIPDined on 7/31/2014Eddie V's is one of our go-to places for special occasions. The steaks were done just right, and the seafood was delicious. One thing we ask is that they review their wine list, as many of the bottles seem overpriced.Special Features:
- Great Date NightsheandIDined on 7/29/2014My guest was very impressed with the restaurant, She really had a great time and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Eddie V's!LisaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Eddie V's is definitely one of our very favorite restaurants. The food, ALWAYS, is exceptional! And the service is incredible! Best seafood around! Just awesome!Special Features:
- Always a FavoriteMarkWDined on 7/28/2014Eddie V's is always a favorite destination. Food is delicious and service is attentive when it needs to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been my favoite for YEARSjenstitansDined on 7/28/2014I was introduced to Eddie V's I believe on my 28th birthday, I just celebrated my 44th there this week. I go there when I have a birthday, when I close on a house ( I'm a realtor ) and when I am just needing a "fix" for my favorite place ever. You can NOT go wrong with Eddie V's and I recommend it to anyone that is asking for a great place to eat.Special Features: