Eddie V's - Arboretum
9400 Arboretum Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Arboretum
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 5123422642
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5pm - 10pm. Friday - Saturday, 5pm - 11pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Rojas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Eddie V's - Arboretum
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie V's - Arboretum - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Eddie V's - Arboretum reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (185)romantic (131)fit for foodies (96)notable wine list (87)scenic view (76)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (39)hot spot (32)neighborhood gem (31)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014Mom and I came here because it was rated highly and close to the hotel. It deserves its reputation. The service was very friendly and efficient. Our waiter went over every item on the menu that could be prepared to meet our particular dietary restriction. We ordered a few things and split all of them. They were all excellent. I would love to eat here again, even if I'm not staying at the hotel across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a wonderful anniversary celebration at Eddie V's on this past Sunday. What a great restaurant! It has a nice lounge atmosphere coupled with the full fine dining experience. Our host, Anna, displayed a perfect balance of neighborly hospitality (almost familial) and professional attentiveness. The food was exquisite. We had beautifully plump gulf shrimp, steak and lobster tartar, and zesty, Cajunesque redfish with broccolini and crab fried rice. Eddie V's comped us the always lucious Godiva cake for our anniversary. Well done. I do wish that Eddie V's would offer more of the great craft beers that the Austin area and the broader American West have available now. This will ensure that we hop-heads return a little sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Special occasion go to!:) fiancé proposed here!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodJohnSDined on 10/24/2014Excellent service and high quality, fresh food always combine for a great dining experience. Seafood is as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowJamesDined on 10/22/2014The food here never disappoints, nor does the impeccable service. Everything is done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place never disappoints.JohnDined on 10/18/2014Although I can't speak for their downtown location, I have been to the Arboretum location several times now and each visit is as enjoyable as the last. Great food, great service and great times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something missing, service!Georgetown73Dined on 10/18/2014Have eaten at the downtown location with a great experience so decided to try the Arboreteum. Friendly hostesses, comfortable seating, reservation seated on time, yes! Our waitress introduces herself and takes the drink order. Then we wait. When she returns she takes our dinner order, never mentions any specials. Wrong food delivered to our table, we wait, finally dinner comes, food is great and finally the waitress shows up to check on us. We hadn't seen her since she took the order. Refreshes drinks, disappears. The other tables near us are all being served by attentive waiters who do their job well and that's how we found out about the specials. Now I could understand this at a busy time but we were eating early(5:30) to go to a show.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 10/15/2014Lovely place to celebrate our anniversary. Our dining choices had been made, but quickly changed when Josh, our server, mentioned the daily specials. The food was delicious, beginning with the smoked salmon crostini, right through to the entrees - a mini surf and turf for the hubby and a shell fish sampler for me - and finally the Bananas Foster dessert. The service was excellent with just the right amount of attention. All in all the entire experience was great; we'll be returning again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StubumDined on 10/15/2014Very good food - some dishes outstanding; Outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always meets high expectationsloradoradoDined on 10/10/2014Eddy V's is a favorite spot that I recommend to family and friends for its delicious and affordable happy hour menu. Wonderful service. Consistently delicious food. Well made cocktails. Hint..check out the side order menu for yummy crab fried rice and other affordable treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine EveningBigMacDined on 10/8/2014Our 3rd consecutive monthly visit and a good overall dining experience. The yellowtail sashimi is one of my favorites and this time the red pepper rings had a really nice bite to complement the sauce. I tried the St. Georges scallops for the first time...really nice. The redfish with crab is always excellent. We split the wedge salad which is delightful; the blue cheese crumbles are more like nuggets! The chocolate mousse...what can I say - you have to go for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysjemboDined on 10/7/2014I've never had a bad experience at Eddie V's (the Aboretum location or any other). Food, service, ambiance, attention to detail... great experience. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!gvrbaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Eddie's never fails to impress. Food, service, and ambiance is always right at the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BanditDined on 10/6/2014Food and Service were outstanding. Portions were generous and the food was superb. Nice wine list from moderate to very expensive wines. this was our 36th wedding anniversary so wanted it to be special- it was. The chef provided a very special dessert to congratulate us - on them!Special Features:
- Love Eddie V's!CWalshDined on 10/4/2014The food and service are always outstanding and you couldn't find a better host than the Manager, Roger Hernandez!Special Features:
- RushedSallyDined on 9/27/2014Felt our waiter was rushing to wait on us. Not really interested in serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special attentionAwesomeDined on 9/27/2014From the moment we walked in staff recognized our special event and immediately took care of us. The service was personalized and exceptional. Our server was engaging, helpful and entertaining. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like crab shrimp lobsterreviewDined on 9/20/2014Nothing .... all was outstanding ........just make sure you bring your letter of credit as greenbacks will be flying out of your wallet $ 300.00 for 4 with no alcohol.... service bordered on overwhelming as my space was constantly being invaded by the little sweeper man geeeez people let me wallow in my breadcrumbs for a second or two NOISY not the remote romantic settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Fun!whoohoofoodDined on 9/20/2014Loved the atmosphere and special treatment my husband and I experienced! Thank you for our exquisite and delicious dinner and desert! Everything was absolutely perfect celebrating our 2yr anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and side dishesDavidDined on 9/19/2014Server was not attentive and focused her limited attention on my date. Table not cleaned properly before we sat. Terrible service for this caliber of restaurant. Main course, steak and sea bass were great but side of brussel sprouts was overcooked, dry and tasteless. Beets side order was as beautiful as it was devoid of flavor. Overall, a disappointing visit for an expensive date. This is well below my previous experience here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Rodger and his staff made our anniversary so special that we will book our Christmas Eve dinner this year at Eiddie Vs-if it wasn't for Rodger we would not have had such a great time-thanks for the staff and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for a special occasionStaylor287Dined on 9/18/2014Went for a birthday and the service was absolutely impeccable. The waiter asked if we'd like wine suggestions but was not pushy about it. We ordered the lobster bisque and heirloom salad to start and both were phenomenal. Then red fish and the NY strip, which was practically the size of my face and still cooked perfectly. The restaurant was fairly crowded, but it hardly felt like other people were there. We had complimentary dessert because of the birthday and I'm not a huge cheesecake fan, but I would eat theirs all day! Highly recommended them if you want a special night out with food that's actually worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pros and ConParis2009Dined on 9/17/2014We have chosen this restaurant many times before. We bring our special friends and family here. The only negative that I will state here and now is the dress code or lack of. my husband and I can come in with our best foot forward, dress to the nines and feeling special and someone else walks in with an extreme casual attire. I may as well have chosen to go to McDonald's. I could understand if these customers were seated outside but how can you have a real dining experience next to anyone coming off the street ?Special Features:
- Eddie V'sTexasjemsDined on 9/16/2014Although I have been to Eddie V's several time for business engagements, I finally took my wife for our anniversary and we had a great time. We started at the Bar where we were unexpectedly surprized about the happy hour and enjoyed a dozen oysters and martini's before sitting down to dinner, the hostess even held our table by the window for another 30 minutes during this time!. Dinner was great, service was great and there was even a card signed by the staff wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The overall meal was fantastic (Filet and Halibut), the wine very nice and the pace was great... never rushed and a truely memorable eveninng.Special Features:
- great steak......againTXBradDined on 9/16/2014Excellent food and excellent service this place never disappoints.Special Features:
- Special romantic placeBethDined on 9/12/2014This location of Eddy Vs is very special. It is smaller than downtown so it has a more intimate feel. The sunset view is gorgeous. Staff are amazing Manager is outstanding. We look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CherylDined on 9/12/2014We always love Eddie V's and Friday night was no exception. Great waiter, food excellent. What a fun and relaxing evening. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014I am a foodie and would not recommend Eddie V's. For a good steak, Bartlett's is ten times better. Excellent service... but avaerage food. I had steak and sides. .. didnt try the seafood. Maybe that is better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014We brought a prospect to your restaurant and they were wowed by the Tomahawk as well as the steak and shrimp special. Thanks for making this a memorable experience for them. I had the chicken and it was tender and very tasty!!! Their loss.Special Features:
- LovelyPampDined on 9/7/2014We have friends that we go to Eddie V's with to celebrate our anniversaries every year and we are never disappointed. The filet was outstanding and how can you go wrong with that wonderful stuffed potato. For dessert we had the creme brûlée and it was to die for. See you all next aug.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightCPTMongoDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I dined at Eddy V's for a date night. We arrived early and was able to be seated immediately. I ordered the tomahawk steak with was ridiculously tasty and huge. Of course I must comment on their martini....perfect. The best in town.Special Features:
- RoseDined on 9/5/2014A lovely setting with outstanding food. It will be our first choice on our next visit to Austin. Very large portions. Try truffle Mac and cheese! Have a reservation. Seating was prompt.Special Features:
- Steak had wide range of rarenessOhthatguyDined on 9/3/2014One of the specials for this weekday evening was a 12 oz bone-in tenderloin; it sounded good, so I thought I'd give it a try. I like my steak cooked medium, and when I received it, the spot I cut into was cooked to my liking. However, as I got through the steak, it ranged from well-done around the exterior, to rare towards the bone. This steak may have been a difficult cut to cook, but it was just all over the place. As with most specials, the server did not mention price when describing the specials; had I known I would pay $60 for this poorly cooked steak, I would have definitely gone a different route. My wife enjoyed her sea bass/lump crab special, so that's good, I guess. Overall, disappointing, because their food is generally goodSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly outstandingTexmaxVIPDined on 9/2/2014About as good as it gets for a chain restaurant experience. Matt, our server, was excellent! All the food exceeded expectations. Greet team service. Highly recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!atx2011Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate an occasion and the staff was amazing, we even had a surprise dessert for the occasion :) The food was delicious... starting with our appetizer to salad to entrée and dessert. In addition they have a great wine selection, we enjoyed a 2010 Opus 1.Special Features:
- Disappointing....DisappointedDinerDined on 8/31/2014For the amount of money we spent on dinner, both my wife an I were disappointed in our dining experience at Eddie V's in the Arboretum. When you spend $30 for scallops, you should be able to expect them to be sand-free. All eight scallops had some sand in them - which occurs when they have not been properly washed. My seared ahi was just okay. I expected better for the price they charge. The one positive was the service. We had Kevin & Kevin as our servers - both of which were very attentive.Special Features:
- Husband's Favorite SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Had a fabulous dinner once again. It is a pleasure to dine somewhere and the food is consistently great. The staff were friendly and made our dinner out very special. The menu is exceptional. My husband had shrimp cocktail and the infamous "Tomahawk" steak. I had the lobster tacos and scallops. Perfection in preparation for the both of us. Made for a superb dinner.Special Features:
- ALWAYS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I've been there 5-6 times. I've NEVER had any food that I didn't like. I love Eddie V's. 5 stars is not good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Constant!OldBrideDined on 8/30/2014Eddie V Never disappoints, wait staff is prompt, cheerful and, helpful. The food is excellent and the choice of dishes are varied and delicious. If there is A birthday person in your group be sure to tell them when making the reservation. The desserts for the birthday table were wonderful.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodEddieVsfanDined on 8/30/2014All I can say is, this is our favorite restaurant in Austin, TX.Special Features: