Eddie V's - Arboretum
9400 Arboretum Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Arboretum
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 5123422642
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5pm - 10pm. Friday - Saturday, 5pm - 11pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Rojas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Eddie V's - Arboretum
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie V's - Arboretum - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Eddie V's - Arboretum reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (214)romantic (144)notable wine list (102)fit for foodies (99)scenic view (80)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (37)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (17)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Quiet enjoymentGood4diningDined on 8/10/2014Finally, a very good Austin restaurant that isn't so loud you can't hear your companions speak. A very pleasant place to dine and not shout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This visit to Eddie V's left me very disappointed in the service and food. I have been to this location numerous times and always had a great experience. This time around our waiter ignored us and the food was not up to the standards normally achieved by this restaurant. We were there to celebrate a very special occasion and I felt like this experience ruined our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014As usual, everything was excellent. It's the best place in town for consistently excellent food and service. Martinis are perfectly chilled, shaken not stirred. The mushroom salad is a melange of flavors. Lobster bisque is creamy and well flavored. Sea bass is always perfectly cooked. Best warm bread in Austin every time. Dessert was fabulous! Will be back soon!Special Features:
- WonderfulMaggieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Eddie V's is a wonderful restaurant you can always count on for a fabulous meal, services, and ambiance. Roger is a great manager, who always makes you feel welcome and taken care of. If you have people from out of town, take them there, you won't have to worry about having a great experience.Special Features:
- Oustanding!Ovalle001Dined on 8/8/2014We recently went to Eddie V's for our 5th year anniversary and could not say enough about have great everything was to our family and friends. Seating took a little long however we were generously compensated with goodies to make our anniversary extra special. Our server was such an amazing person that he made out 2 hour dinner seems like we had just sat down. The general manager took time out of his busy day and checked on us at least 3 different times. Food was outstanding and great detail was put into everything. We had an amazing time and will be back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationDandKatATXDined on 8/8/2014The staff was superb and made our anniversary special! Our selecteded bottle of champaign on ice was at the table when we were seated. They had a staff-signed anniversary card on the table (in our name!) and seated us in a romantic corner with a great Hill Country view. The sea bass was unbelievable and dessert terrific.Special Features:
- Great food!TCUMomDined on 8/7/2014We were very impressed with our dining experience. The ahi tuna was perfectly prepared as was my husband's steak. We particularly enjoyed the sides of Brussels sprouts and asparagus. Our sever Josh was attentive without being instrusive. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Our anniversary dinner at Eddie V's was delicious.....from the oysters on the half shell to the perfectly cooked steak. We also had complimentary dessert.....molten lava cake with Amy's ice cream... I would highly recommend Eddie V's for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice meal...a great placeCinCinVIPDined on 8/2/2014A very nice experience that suited us just fine; Eddie V's is notably one of the best. The hostess was more than helpful, making room for us when I made an error on the reservation. The waiter, Stephen, was one of the best I've ever seen, carefully timing the evening's service to be a true dining experience that unfolded and charmed. My soft shelled crab was perfectly crafted; spot on for a light battered delight. The garnish even contained little surprises of fruit I could not name, but enjoyed. My husband' sashimi went fast, and his red fish with meunière sauce was fresh, light, and good. My only concern was that the steak in a mixed grill tasted a tad grainy and flat. The rest of the dish, quite nice-more than enough to cover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Austin FavoritePattiVIPDined on 8/2/2014Eddie V's is always an Austin favorite, service was impecatblefrom Matt the bartender who actually asked our names and remembered them to our server who was attentive but not hovering. My steak and my husbands Red Fish were both cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACEPattybDined on 7/31/2014We had a really great meal at Eddie V's. The scallops were perfect and the crab cake was a meal in itself. Service was impeccable. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Eddie V's does it again!oenophileVIPDined on 7/31/2014Eddie V's is one of our go-to places for special occasions. The steaks were done just right, and the seafood was delicious. One thing we ask is that they review their wine list, as many of the bottles seem overpriced.Special Features:
- Great Date NightsheandIDined on 7/29/2014My guest was very impressed with the restaurant, She really had a great time and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Eddie V's!LisaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Eddie V's is definitely one of our very favorite restaurants. The food, ALWAYS, is exceptional! And the service is incredible! Best seafood around! Just awesome!Special Features:
- Always a FavoriteMarkWDined on 7/28/2014Eddie V's is always a favorite destination. Food is delicious and service is attentive when it needs to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been my favoite for YEARSjenstitansDined on 7/28/2014I was introduced to Eddie V's I believe on my 28th birthday, I just celebrated my 44th there this week. I go there when I have a birthday, when I close on a house ( I'm a realtor ) and when I am just needing a "fix" for my favorite place ever. You can NOT go wrong with Eddie V's and I recommend it to anyone that is asking for a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Special occassionjadiDined on 7/27/2014They truly know how to make a couple feel welcomed & special. We came in the evening before, but they were busy, so we went back the next day. The manager welcomed us and made the moment feel special. VERY much appreciated that they pay attention. The food was just as we expected it to be. My fav was the crab cake and the sides are pretty good as well. They have excellent wine suggestions. I'd definitely recommend this place for a special occassion!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceSheRaDined on 7/25/2014I requested a booth when i made a reservation and got exactly that. Our server was exceptional! She custom tailored an entree to meet what I was looking for. She even approached my boyfriend while I was away from the table to secretly order dessert which she paid for. The entire night was a great celebration for our 1st anniversary.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014We went for my wife's birthday. Requested and got a nice secluded booth by the window. Great view of the trees and sunset (they pulled the shades down to mute the sunlight in our eyes). The service was great. Mary had some great suggestions and was very friendly. The food is always excellent. Had oysters, bisque/salad (with hot goat cheese- that was differnt and good!). We split the special seafood entre. Had a great time. Never felt rushed. Hostess and vallet service were also exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedNewBraunfels2AustinDined on 7/23/2014It never fails. The food, service and staff are always great. We're never disappointed in making this our go to place for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJJluvsFoodDined on 7/23/2014Great evening. Server was very attentive without being over-bearing. The food was outstanding! 3 in our party and we had a little bit of everything. It was all really goodSpecial Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Food was good and the service was exceptional! Byron was very attentive, made great recommendations, and went out of his way to ensure we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Expect an expensive meal. Selection good. Good selection of wines, but they too were over priced. Steak ($50 al la carte) was slightly over cooked. Total meal was near $200 for 2.Special Features:
- Eddie's never disappointsgvrbaVIPDined on 7/18/2014GM Roger H. runs a tight ship. It's wonderful to enjoy the fine food, great service, and ambiance of a quality restaurant and Austin treasure like Eddie's Arboretum. The freshest and fabulously presented sea food is always perfect. Wine and spirit prices are fair, and the wine list will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceKobeDined on 7/18/2014the restaurant staff went out of their way to make this a memorable dining experience on my 75th birthday. My special request for a window table was also honored without any hassle. Our waitperson Kevin P. deserves special mention for the friendly and professional manner with which he executed his duties.Special Features:
- Food and service is good (Rate 4.3)atfushigiVIPDined on 7/15/2014We are two and really enjoyed dinner. Inside restaurant is a little bit dark but acceptable. I think it may be necessary to keep comfortable noise level. I found people were well dressed and making comfortable environment as well as staffs. Wine: We prefer NZ Sauvignon Blanc for seafood and the wine recommended was perfect and inexpensive. Appetizer: The yellowtail sashimi is perfect and much better than "Matsuhisa"'s similar dish. The soft shell crab is good but nothing special. Entree: The grouper is perfect. The source was thin but make taste sophisticated. The sole was cooked after removed bone and taste was boring. The sole should be smaller or thinner and cooked as is (with bone) and served with simple lemon butter.Special Features:
- Well Done!cwetterau3Dined on 7/12/2014All aspects of the evening were well done. We thoroughly enjoyed the food the service and a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!!TeeroyDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed the night at Eddie V's. We had the best waiter ever. Thank keep up the good work!! Will for sure be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V'S, Best place to celebrateJassoDined on 7/10/2014We chose Eddie V's to celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary. The wine list has something for everyone. Our waiter, Byran was truly superb with seamless attention to all of our needs. The shrimp cocktail, the lettuce wedge and the bone-in Filet were all perfect. To top it off, we had the fresh baked blackberry cobbler a la mode (complementary) could not have been a better finishing touch to our evening. Thank you Eddie V for making our anniversary such a memorable occasion.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Nothing more to say...on every level, this place was outstanding.Special Features:
- Never Disappointsilovefood1963Dined on 7/8/2014Took a colleague and his wife for dinner. They are new to Austin. Service, food, ambience - always above expectations!Special Features:
- Great restaurantSpreadeagle17Dined on 7/5/2014Crab cakes are the best in the world. So good that they raised the price for HH from $9 to $13! Too popular, I guess. HH drink prices went up, too. Maybe they're just trying to cull out all the HH patrons. Byron is a wonderful waiter - hope you get him when you go to the Arboretum Eddie V's, which is better than the downtown one, imho, partly because the valet parking is free at the Arboretum and mostly because the bar is quieter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!SmileyDined on 7/4/2014Extremely great service, great location, but the food was not up to par for the price.Special Features:
- Great Food/Service on our Anniver.BunzieDined on 6/28/2014Great food and service at Eddie V's Arboretum in Austin! Makes your special occasion shine!Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceObadiah12EatDined on 6/28/2014We started going to EVs for special occasions a couple of years ago. This last visit topped all previous. Everything was just right and the staff made us feel very comfortable. The food was outdtanding and the atmosphere was perfect for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for AnniversaryWhiteDoorDiaryDined on 6/27/2014We are so glad we made reservations - otherwise we would not have had a table. We were there to celebrate our 10th anniversary and we were treated like royalty. They were not able to accommodate our request for a quiet & private table (we were in the middle of the restaurant), but they did have a card on the table signed by all the staff, congratulating us. Our favorite item on the menu is an appetizer: Lobster Tacos. Absolutely phenomenal. We also enjoyed Lemon Drop Martinis, Seafood Salad, and Bananas Foster for dessert. Our dessert was on the house and we were amazed by their generosity. There is valet parking and very limited parking otherwise. The entrance into the building is very awkward as you walk into an area with tables.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014The drink list is very poor and if you choose to order something besides wine, selection is limited. Also, the drink was expensive and not very good. The restaurant is small and we were originally seated about two feet from another couple dining in a long row of seating. All I could hear was their conversation. We asked to be moved to a booth and were accommodated. Since this location is small and as it is an intimate restaurant setting, I think more thought should be given to table arrangements.Special Features:
- Very unhappyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014It was a very disappointed and decided that we will go to other restaurant to celebrate our special occasions in the near future. We celebrated our special occasions at Eddie V for many years. Our waiter recommended today's special the lobster dish with two shrimps and two scallops but never disclosed that two shrimps and scallops are extra charges at $17 each. So we ordered it and it costs us over $80 with tax for that dish. We feel mistreated and over charged. So, we will never go to Eddie V restaurant again.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!JudymonarchVIPDined on 6/23/2014I have dined @ Eddie V's downtown & a at the Arboretum. They are both outstanding in every way! Fresh and innovative menu! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeobgosDined on 6/22/2014We celebrated our 2nd year at Eddie V's and it was as always, wonderful. Told them about the occasion and they comped the desert for us. Thanks for the great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.