Eddie V's - Arboretum
9400 Arboretum Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - Arboretum
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: (512) 342-2642
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5pm - 10pm. Friday - Saturday, 5pm - 11pm. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Rojas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Eddie V's - Arboretum
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eddie V's - Arboretum - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Eddie V's - Arboretum reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (178)romantic (121)fit for foodies (100)notable wine list (90)scenic view (77)good for groups (50)vibrant bar scene (43)hot spot (34)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014I had a large table on 8 folks following a business meeting. Food was great the best Lobster Bisque ever. Daniel was our waiter. Service was great and the presentations were really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the very best of everything!Elcid91VIPDined on 11/16/2014We frequent the arboretum location. Excellent service, a great hill country view, and the food is always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014The first night there was a confusion with the hostess and we did not get seated. We waited an hour then left even with reservations. However we wanted to give it a second try and we were not disappointed. They were very accommodating with our newborn baby in tow. We were seated in a quiet room and the service and meal were to perfection. The manager was also very polite and intent on correcting our previous experience. And the wine list was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014We had a lovely time celebrating our anniversary. We were very early for our reservation but they were able to seat us right away. The only downside was we were near the front door on a very chilly night. They had to bring us a portable heater. Besides that, from our appetizers of tartar to African lobster to filet Oscar, it was perfect. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute outingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Found ourselves with a free Saturday night without the kids and managed to get a late reservation. We showed up early and got seats at the bar which was great. Could have just stayed at the bar and had dinner. Got a table in the back room which is much quieter. Overall, great outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's was great!oenophileVIPDined on 11/8/2014As usual, we had a wonderful meal at Eddie V's. The steaks were cooked to perfection, and the appetizers (scallops and crab cake) were delicious. And the chocolate lava cake with Amy's Mexican vanilla ice cream is a real treat! Service on a Saturday night did seem a bit slow, perhaps due to the large number of customers present.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014I took my parents here for their birthdays and Eddie V's delivered once again. All the food/drinks were excellent and the free desserts were much appreciated. We will continue to come back for special occasions here as we believe the food and drinks are top notch.Special Features:
- impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014Being a longtime Trulucks fan of both locations as well as Flemings downtown we seldom found other restaurants of that class we enjoyed...until we tried Eddie Vs. We think it is a step up from the aforementioned. The servers uniforms and professionalism reminds us of restaurants of old that we enjoy. Oddly the most casual dressed staff member we noticed was the manager. At the other restaurants managers are always in suits and the servers could use a little more dress attention...Eddie Vs seems to focus in the other direction in a good way. I liked that the background music was at a comfortable level unlike Trulucks.Special Features:
- You can't beat Eddie V'ssrnaustinVIPDined on 11/3/2014Eddie V's has been one of my favorites for years. Can't say I've ever been disappointed in the food, service or atmosphere.Special Features:
- great food and first class serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We dined at Arboretum with a group of nearly 20 and we had our own lovely room, very good food and wine and first class service. Just what we needed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014This was a special occasion , my wifes 60th birthday. The food was outstanding which was mtached by our attentive waiter. The drinks and wine along with a great ambiance made this a very special dining experience. I highly recommend this location for both a special night or to just grab a great meal.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable eveningBadmachineDined on 11/1/2014This was our first experience dining at Eddie V's and I must say everything was perfect. The waitstaff were attentive and very knowledgeable about not only what was on the menu but how it was prepared. The atmosphere was jovial without being raucous and the ambient music was a mix of tasteful blues. Just loud enough provide atmosphere but quiet enough to allow dinner conversation.The food was quite delicious and the portions were ample. Eddie V's doesn't carry too much in the way of craft beer but the wine and drink list is fairly extensive. The pace at which food was delivered was just right. Nothing was rushed, but it didn't feel like we were waiting for our food either. Eddie V's is a little pricey, but definitely worth it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, average serviceATXwinoVIPDined on 10/31/2014We dine here regularly, but more frequently at the 5th Street location. The food this time was good, not great. Scallops we're extremely gritty. Two complaints - our waiter had as much personality as wet cardboard, and the wine, though a fairly good selection, is so overpriced that I left feeling violated... I'm used to overspending on red wine in nice restaurants, but this wine list is just obnoxiously priced on most to all California cabs. Fine, expensive cabs at a nice restaurant. I get it... But ~$350 for a bottle that is usually ~$225-250 at comparable restaurants - ridiculous! Try lowering the price to something more competitive, and sell more wine....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014Our server did a fantastic job, great attention to detailSpecial Features:
- favorite anniversary dinnerbrianinroundrockDined on 10/30/2014Every anniversary we look at our options for dinner and we always choose to come back to Eddie V's. It's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and foodArkansasEaterDined on 10/27/2014Mom and I came here because it was rated highly and close to the hotel. It deserves its reputation. The service was very friendly and efficient. Our waiter went over every item on the menu that could be prepared to meet our particular dietary restriction. We ordered a few things and split all of them. They were all excellent. I would love to eat here again, even if I'm not staying at the hotel across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryTasteBuddiesDined on 10/26/2014We had a wonderful anniversary celebration at Eddie V's on this past Sunday. What a great restaurant! It has a nice lounge atmosphere coupled with the full fine dining experience. Our host, Anna, displayed a perfect balance of neighborly hospitality (almost familial) and professional attentiveness. The food was exquisite. We had beautifully plump gulf shrimp, steak and lobster tartar, and zesty, Cajunesque redfish with broccolini and crab fried rice. Eddie V's comped us the always lucious Godiva cake for our anniversary. Well done. I do wish that Eddie V's would offer more of the great craft beers that the Austin area and the broader American West have available now. This will ensure that we hop-heads return a little sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Special occasion go to!:) fiancé proposed here!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodJohnSDined on 10/24/2014Excellent service and high quality, fresh food always combine for a great dining experience. Seafood is as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowJamesDined on 10/22/2014The food here never disappoints, nor does the impeccable service. Everything is done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place never disappoints.JohnDined on 10/18/2014Although I can't speak for their downtown location, I have been to the Arboretum location several times now and each visit is as enjoyable as the last. Great food, great service and great times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something missing, service!Georgetown73Dined on 10/18/2014Have eaten at the downtown location with a great experience so decided to try the Arboreteum. Friendly hostesses, comfortable seating, reservation seated on time, yes! Our waitress introduces herself and takes the drink order. Then we wait. When she returns she takes our dinner order, never mentions any specials. Wrong food delivered to our table, we wait, finally dinner comes, food is great and finally the waitress shows up to check on us. We hadn't seen her since she took the order. Refreshes drinks, disappears. The other tables near us are all being served by attentive waiters who do their job well and that's how we found out about the specials. Now I could understand this at a busy time but we were eating early(5:30) to go to a show.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 10/15/2014Lovely place to celebrate our anniversary. Our dining choices had been made, but quickly changed when Josh, our server, mentioned the daily specials. The food was delicious, beginning with the smoked salmon crostini, right through to the entrees - a mini surf and turf for the hubby and a shell fish sampler for me - and finally the Bananas Foster dessert. The service was excellent with just the right amount of attention. All in all the entire experience was great; we'll be returning again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StubumDined on 10/15/2014Very good food - some dishes outstanding; Outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always meets high expectationsloradoradoDined on 10/10/2014Eddy V's is a favorite spot that I recommend to family and friends for its delicious and affordable happy hour menu. Wonderful service. Consistently delicious food. Well made cocktails. Hint..check out the side order menu for yummy crab fried rice and other affordable treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine EveningBigMacDined on 10/8/2014Our 3rd consecutive monthly visit and a good overall dining experience. The yellowtail sashimi is one of my favorites and this time the red pepper rings had a really nice bite to complement the sauce. I tried the St. Georges scallops for the first time...really nice. The redfish with crab is always excellent. We split the wedge salad which is delightful; the blue cheese crumbles are more like nuggets! The chocolate mousse...what can I say - you have to go for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysjemboDined on 10/7/2014I've never had a bad experience at Eddie V's (the Aboretum location or any other). Food, service, ambiance, attention to detail... great experience. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!gvrbaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Eddie's never fails to impress. Food, service, and ambiance is always right at the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BanditDined on 10/6/2014Food and Service were outstanding. Portions were generous and the food was superb. Nice wine list from moderate to very expensive wines. this was our 36th wedding anniversary so wanted it to be special- it was. The chef provided a very special dessert to congratulate us - on them!Special Features:
- Love Eddie V's!CWalshDined on 10/4/2014The food and service are always outstanding and you couldn't find a better host than the Manager, Roger Hernandez!Special Features:
- RushedSallyDined on 9/27/2014Felt our waiter was rushing to wait on us. Not really interested in serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special attentionAwesomeDined on 9/27/2014From the moment we walked in staff recognized our special event and immediately took care of us. The service was personalized and exceptional. Our server was engaging, helpful and entertaining. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like crab shrimp lobsterreviewDined on 9/20/2014Nothing .... all was outstanding ........just make sure you bring your letter of credit as greenbacks will be flying out of your wallet $ 300.00 for 4 with no alcohol.... service bordered on overwhelming as my space was constantly being invaded by the little sweeper man geeeez people let me wallow in my breadcrumbs for a second or two NOISY not the remote romantic settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Fun!whoohoofoodDined on 9/20/2014Loved the atmosphere and special treatment my husband and I experienced! Thank you for our exquisite and delicious dinner and desert! Everything was absolutely perfect celebrating our 2yr anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and side dishesDavidDined on 9/19/2014Server was not attentive and focused her limited attention on my date. Table not cleaned properly before we sat. Terrible service for this caliber of restaurant. Main course, steak and sea bass were great but side of brussel sprouts was overcooked, dry and tasteless. Beets side order was as beautiful as it was devoid of flavor. Overall, a disappointing visit for an expensive date. This is well below my previous experience here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Rodger and his staff made our anniversary so special that we will book our Christmas Eve dinner this year at Eiddie Vs-if it wasn't for Rodger we would not have had such a great time-thanks for the staff and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for a special occasionStaylor287Dined on 9/18/2014Went for a birthday and the service was absolutely impeccable. The waiter asked if we'd like wine suggestions but was not pushy about it. We ordered the lobster bisque and heirloom salad to start and both were phenomenal. Then red fish and the NY strip, which was practically the size of my face and still cooked perfectly. The restaurant was fairly crowded, but it hardly felt like other people were there. We had complimentary dessert because of the birthday and I'm not a huge cheesecake fan, but I would eat theirs all day! Highly recommended them if you want a special night out with food that's actually worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pros and ConParis2009Dined on 9/17/2014We have chosen this restaurant many times before. We bring our special friends and family here. The only negative that I will state here and now is the dress code or lack of. my husband and I can come in with our best foot forward, dress to the nines and feeling special and someone else walks in with an extreme casual attire. I may as well have chosen to go to McDonald's. I could understand if these customers were seated outside but how can you have a real dining experience next to anyone coming off the street ?Special Features:
- Eddie V'sTexasjemsDined on 9/16/2014Although I have been to Eddie V's several time for business engagements, I finally took my wife for our anniversary and we had a great time. We started at the Bar where we were unexpectedly surprized about the happy hour and enjoyed a dozen oysters and martini's before sitting down to dinner, the hostess even held our table by the window for another 30 minutes during this time!. Dinner was great, service was great and there was even a card signed by the staff wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The overall meal was fantastic (Filet and Halibut), the wine very nice and the pace was great... never rushed and a truely memorable eveninng.Special Features:
- great steak......againTXBradDined on 9/16/2014Excellent food and excellent service this place never disappoints.Special Features: