Eddie V's - 5th Street
301 E. 5th Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - 5th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 5124721860x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11p, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10pm.; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 7:00pm; All night Happy Hour Sunday & Monday in lounge. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Bauer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Entertainment: Jazz & Blues nightly
A word from Eddie V's - 5th Street
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Eddie V's - 5th Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Eddie V's - 5th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (238)romantic (183)notable wine list (130)fit for foodies (107)good for groups (80)vibrant bar scene (79)hot spot (63)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (20)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- excellent service..great food..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Very knowledgeable staff who knows how to take care of customers needs...very accommodating..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaraunt with even better food and service all around. I would highly recommend for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Professional staff, delicious food. We really enjoyed this place for a elegant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Was our anniversary eddie Vs was great from service to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed dining in the bar. Great trio. Husband and I split everything; no problem. Delicious.Special Features:
- Great seafood. Varied seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Had reservations for 4 at 7:00 on Friday night. Were seated immediately when we arrived on time. Waitress very attentative and knew the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SiggiDined on 8/29/2014This was my first time at Eddie V's - I was celebrating my birthday. Our hostess was accommodating when I requested to change our table. The manager on duty was extremely friendly and very kind. Our waiter was pleasant, knowledgeable and checked in on us frequently and the food was plain and simple outstanding -- so delicious. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerHungryHoundDined on 8/27/2014We had an absolutely wonderful dining experience. The food was perfect, and our friends who had never been there were very impressed. The parking was tight, but the valet staff were great, and delivered our vehicle without any problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and staffAMKellyDined on 8/25/2014We took a business group to dinner at Eddie V's in Austin and it was a great experience. Someone from our group had been to another Eddie V's and knew the food would be fantastic and that was the case at this location. Our two servers (Jamie and Tisha) were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalPleasedCustomerDined on 8/24/2014Really enjoyed the visit. This was to celebrate an anniversary. Unexpectedly, they provided free sparkling wine and desserts as it was our anniversary. This combined with the high quality of food and the excellent service made it a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantangelfishDined on 8/19/2014Whenever we have something to celebrate or just want an outstanding meal we head to Eddie V's. We have been dining there for as long as it's been open. Our favorite is the seafood. It is always exquisitely prepared and the flavor is amazing. This last time we had the cold crab appetizer and for our entrees we had the sea bass and the swordfish. We felt very special as we celebrated our anniversary and received a complimentary glass of champagne and desert of our choice. And the live music was terrific. All and all, a fabulous evening.Special Features:
- Truly Outstanding In Every Way!JudymonarchVIPDined on 8/18/2014A remarkable experience of a wide variety of innovative dishes made with fresh seafood that is flown in daily! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeeddiegtexasmanDined on 8/16/2014Went for our anniversary and was blown away by the service and food. Literally made our next reservation after we got our bill which wasnt bad either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPizzaSnobDined on 8/16/2014Great food and even better service. Yolanda was nearly perfect. The room itself can use a bit of a refresh, but everything else was superb. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate AnniversaryTravelerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Went to celebrate our anniversary and at the table they had it covered with rose petals and a personalized greeting. We both had fish and it was cooked to perfection. The waiter was outstanding and we had a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHankDined on 8/16/2014While Eddie V's appeared to be primarily a seafood restaurant, we had the 8 oz. filets and they were cooked perfectly. I would highly recommend the twice baked potato and the banana upside down cake, if they have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Eat!AmazingDined on 8/16/2014I've been to Eddie V's many times. My husband and I consider it our "go to" place for special occasions. We celebrated my birthday on Saturday, August 16th. Our waiter was extremely knowledge and friendly. Everything was great - food, wait staff, music. We always dine in the V lounge because it offers music and we just (overall) like the lounge better. Thanks for memorable birthday.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!BestFriendsDined on 8/16/2014To celebrate my daughter and her best friend leaving for college (first time being apart since they were little), our families went to Eddie V's and everything about the evening was perfect. Ease in making reservation, staff friendliness, wine, THE FOOD! Everyone raved about the food. Then our daughters were brought special desserts (enough for the table to share) on the house and that definitely capped off a great experience. I am trying to think of another "excuse" to go again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatjrigginsDined on 8/15/2014As parents of two young children, we don't get a lot of opportunities to have a nice, quiet dinner any more. When we do, we expect to have a great experience. Unfortunately, there have been a few times recently where we have been let down at restaurants at which we previously had great experiences. Fortunately Eddie V's has never let us down. Our last meal at Eddie V's was outstanding. We didn't like our dessert all that much, but that was probably our misunderstanding of the dish we ordered vs. our expectations (I forget the name...key lime something...we were expecting a key lime pie but just didn't read the description closely enough). Thanks Eddie V's. Please keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great evening!happydinerDined on 8/15/2014A very special friend was visiting from Dallas and we met at Eddie V's for dinner. We began with the "out of this world" crab cakes. Best ever and not to be missed. The pinot grigio wine we selected was value priced and very nice. My filet was perfectly prepared, tender, and delicious. The wait staff can "make or break" a great dining experience and ours was a 10+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School ElegancewheredoweeatnextDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is a classic. The menu is great steaks, a long list of amazing seafood, appealing and modern side dishes and a high quality wine list. It is also very pricey. We did not skimp: a dozen oysters, two huge steaks and two sides with a total of five glasses of wine. We skipped dessert. The bill was well north of $300 with tip. However, it was one of the few times I have paid that much with no regrets. The service was probably the best I have ever had in Austin. Every dish was perfectly seasoned and cooked exactly as ordered. The red wine was the correct temperature. We took home two boxes with enough food for lunch the next day. I would highly recommend Eddie V's for a special occasion or if you want to really impress.Special Features:
- Great anniversary!!JudyDined on 8/14/2014I asked for a quiet corner table as we were celebrating our anniversary. We got that, plus so much more - champagne, and a fab chocolate dessert - on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014the seafood dishes can only be described as exquisite. Crab cake is all crab - seasoned just enough. Crab fried rice is unmatched as is the tuna;Special Features:
- A/C was to coldChillyDined on 8/12/2014It was summer and we wore sleeveless tops and it was extremely cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Every single time I dine at this restaurant, I am happier than the last! Most places like this are overrated - priced too high for average food. Not this place! The food is just perfect. The service is fantastic! Not pretentious at all! Definitely my favorite restaurant in Austin, hands down!Special Features:
- AnniversaryTexasTDined on 8/8/2014Everything.....I mean EVERYTHING was perfect! My girlfriend enjoyed it to the highest. The steak was cooked perfectly can't say enough about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great way to Start you Evening!MidlandDined on 8/8/2014Eddie V's continues to have exceptional service from valet through desert. Our wine was special & food was rich & fabulous. Our waitress made sure we had plenty of time to make our second function. This is a wonderful place for special occasions or a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Austin Delight!SpindogVIPDined on 8/7/2014We have been to Austin location at least 10 times and love it! The only thing missing is the rooftop scenic view of the La Jolla location. Their retaurants are consistant with their food prep though menus vary. Always a delight on the "MUST" have dinner there list - Enjoy!Special Features:
- AmazingfoodiefromaustinDined on 8/6/2014Everything about the evening was perfect. The wait staff were patient, friendly, fun and attentive. The food and drink was all perfect. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kandbOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The staff at Eddie V's are amazing. They were very busy but made us feel like we were the only customers. Adam, our server, was so knowledgable and attentive without being annoying. Our celebration of a special occasion was accented by a wonderful meal and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie V's was great!Luv2golfDined on 8/2/2014The food and wine selections were excellent. Service was 5 star. $10 for valet parking...come on, it should be complimentary with the prices being charged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyablebearbear1Dined on 8/2/2014Everything from the Kacey the bartender to our waitress was seamless. Great service. Food was delicious, brought out in a timely manner. Everyone was on their toes! Valet was fast and courteous. We will come back as we have for years. We actually live closer to the North location but prefer downtown Eddie V's..... except maybe when South by is going on! Thank you all for a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- kww125Dined on 7/29/2014We had an amazing experience for our first Eddie V's outing. The service, food, and setting were exceptional. We dined in the lounge with live band and a vibrant crowd. The dining room offered a quieter atmosphere. We had a filet, steamed Chilean sea bass, and an 18oz lobster tail (yes....eighteen). We definitely recommend Eddie V's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attractivesonnummyVIPDined on 7/29/2014We are new to Austin so difficult to accurately rate the food. Things seemed a little over done. Too much on the salads, too much sauce on the fish for my taste. The quality of the seafood was excellent. The service very good. Huge portions. They were very busy on a Tuesday.Special Features:
- PerfectLambsDined on 7/27/2014Our waiter, Alex, was sharp on the details; impressive in every way. Excellent service over all & delicious food. Celebrated our Anniversary and the staff made note of this with well wishes, from the moment we walked through the door, to the table anniversary card, surrounded by Rose petals, to our waiter congratulating us, to the Complimentary Banana's Foster at the end. A fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!faithfullymeDined on 7/26/2014Loved the Parmesan crusted Sole, and the steak was really good too. They made a special dessert plate for my sweeties birthday. Our waiter was very attentive and pleasant as well. There's no view and it gets a little loud, but overall a nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!BMWguy85Dined on 7/26/2014My girlfriend and I choose Eddie V's to celebrate out anniversary and couldn't be happier. We received a complimentary toast and dessert of our choice. The service and attention to detail was beyond amazing. We also got engaged that same night prior to dinner and it really was a wonderful place to end the evening. I would definitely go back again and thank to our waiter Alec for making it a special evening for us.Special Features:
- Never Dissapointinggr8placeDined on 7/26/2014Eddie V's is our first choice for fine dinning in the downtown area. Situated in the middle of the night life the downtown area has to offer, Eddie V's is a prime starter for what could be a fabulous evening. The professionalism of the wait staff provides a consistent and friendly service experience from beginning to end. What brings us back every time is the stunning menu selection prepared to perfection. There is no question if we will ever be back only a question of when.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack & ElkeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Great evening with my wife. No special occasion, but this was out first time. Drinks and food were outstanding. My wife had Salmon and I had the Ahi Tuna and we both were very pleased with the meal. We shared the chocolate cake dessert and it was outstanding. All in all it was a great evening. It was a little pricey but will probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bonhDined on 7/22/2014Amazing restaurant, great service, food out of this world! I marked "vibrant bar scene" but really it's "Cool bar scene" for adults. The kind of restaruant that can be great for everyday happy hour, or special occasion go-to.Special Features: