Eddie V's - 5th Street
301 E. 5th Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - 5th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: 5124721860x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11p, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10pm.; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 7:00pm; All night Happy Hour Sunday & Monday in lounge. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Bauer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Entertainment: Jazz & Blues nightly
A word from Eddie V's - 5th Street
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - 5th Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Eddie V's - 5th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (243)romantic (171)notable wine list (138)fit for foodies (117)good for groups (91)vibrant bar scene (83)hot spot (75)neighborhood gem (28)late-night find (23)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Absolutely AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I definitely recommend making a reservation. The staff was outstanding, our server was phenomenal! The food was outstanding and the staff is great on pairing wine selection and sides with your entree! It was a bit loud where we were sitting due to an extremely loud party sitting right next to us. However it was still an amazing dining experience and would say it's a must when you're in Austin! We cannnot wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnaFugueDined on 9/27/2014Very friendly and helpful staff, steak was amazing. Fish dishes a little overcomplicated but good, fresh seafood and dessert greatSpecial Features:
- As advertised..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Can't go wrong if you like steak and seafood. Service was top notch, loved our waitress, bartender and even the valet was friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RustoDined on 9/27/2014Great anniversary dinner. Roses on the table shaped like a heart and a great bottle of wine. Wife had the 12 oz filet (so I could have some) and I had the dry shipped scallops. Tuna appetizer was outstanding and highly recommend. Overall great service too!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Eddie V'sBetsyDined on 9/26/2014We shared the 22 ounce bone in rib eye which was fabulous. It was a bit under cooked for medium rare but the meat was very tasty. We also had a few sides which included asparagus, very nice, potatoes au gratin, kinda average and the beets with walnuts, if you are a beet lover you will love this dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014The service was great, even the manager came out to greet us as it was our first time dining. The food was delicious,my husband ordered a steak & they ask you to cut it down the middle to check it is cooked through. This was unusual but we weren't bothered by it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceJeanVIPDined on 9/22/2014The quality of steak dishes, red fish and Chilean sea bass was to perfection. The dessert was irresistible because they use Godiva in their chocolate lava dessert. Loved everything including particular attention to detail by servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodrodidogDined on 9/20/2014The bar ambiance along with the jazz band make Eddie V's one of our favorite places to have a few drinks and a nice dinner. Never disappoints. What did disappoint was the crab cakes. In the past your crab cakes were absolutely amazing. Not sure what you did, but go back to the old way ASAP. The service was polite but slow and drinks from the bar took too long. We will be back, but the luster's been tarnished, one more average crab cake could be disaster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeDaveDined on 9/20/2014Tremendous food...appetizers, main courses, desserts. Great menu. The place was packed, but still cozy and comfortable. We'll be back and will definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!jbm2511Dined on 9/19/2014Best food I have ever eaten. I do not like seafood but I could eat theirs all day! Service was PERFECT! Staff knew what they were talking about. Will come back next time in austin for sure! Its a must for anyone visiting austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where to begin.....kwallDined on 9/19/2014......every time i come to the original eddie v's, i'm reminded why this is my fav restaurant in austin.....excellent ambiance, super service, incredible food and just a wonderful vibe....the grouper is to die for.....halibut too.....my buddy had the tomahawk rib eye.....46 ounces, less 10 for the bone.....cut like butter and tasted like heaven....great wine list and ice cold beer....the banana fosters desert is an old school classic that always pleases.....one order, five spoons please.....Special Features:
- Holding StrongArgieDined on 9/19/2014The service at Eddie V's is outstanding and very personal. The food is excellent and the seafood choices are great!Special Features:
- Simply GreatEddieVrocksDined on 9/19/2014Made the reservation online and took my wife to Eddie V's downtown for her birthday and belated anniversary since we couldn't celebrate that earlier. They had the table ready with rose petals and made us feel like celebrities. Crazy good service, food, and overall experience in addition to special treatment for the occasion. HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:
- KW Mega camp A plusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014our waiter was Eric. He was superb. Attentive, professional and knew the menu and wine list inside and out. the service was exceptional. And by far the best ever service of meat ever. we were asked when presented with steak, filet, rib eyes etc.. Were they cooked they way we wanted. When a few plates were not dead on, they were immediately taken, fixed and replaced. I have been in every top steak restaurant there is. I have never ever seen this level of service. I was very impressed. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was outstandingHouston2SCDined on 9/17/2014We loved it so much we went back again the next nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Austin FavoriteMarcDined on 9/16/2014I travel to Austin about 3X per year and always make a point of going to this fabulous restaurant. I have never been disappointed in the food or service. It is worth your time and money to visit this establishment!Special Features:
- Great SteakYummoDined on 9/14/2014Just a wonderful evening... Fabulous steak, great Lobster Bisque, yummy salad and awesome Chocolate dessert!!Special Features:
- Great PlaceMrFiremanDined on 9/13/2014Visited this place in Austin TX with my lady, we had a great time and good food. It was my birthday so we got to share the Banana Fosters desert for free. We will go back soon.Special Features:
- Always excellentsagurl71Dined on 9/13/2014The lobster bisk was amazing....we started with pot stickers and they were just as good. I had the lemon sole which was excellent and our server was attentive and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- All Around ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful ambiance - lively and dimly lit. Professional wait staff with high attention to detail. Delicious - steak and lobster tartare. Best dessert I've ever had - the banana foster. Great experience! Fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon voyage for SonRitaVelveetaDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service with Molly who took time to know us a bit and to provide good recommendations throughout our time. Was sensitive to our time needs as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joefromchiDined on 9/13/2014Went for our anniversary and were treated like royalty from the moment we entered. Angela our waitress was very friendly and guided us through the various menu options without being pushy. I had the filet mignon and my wife had the sea bass. Both were excellent. The side dishes and wine choices were also great. It was our first time since we were just visiting Austin. Would not hesitate to come back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and ServiceLEHdinerDined on 9/13/2014This is the place to go in the Convention Center area of Austin. Don't worry about portions. Small means it easily serves two. The food is cooked to perfection and the service is great. Jeff was particularly noteworthy. He didn't lead us wrong, gave great recommendations and made us feel like he has known us forever. Your name is quickly learned and used frequently. You are not crowded and while there is excitement, it is never uncomfortable to hear your dinner partner even across the table. Will definitly go back next time I am in AustinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.JimmyDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were celebrating our move to Austin from Southern CA. It was recommended by a friend. Everything was awesome. You guys do a great job. We'll visit the restaurant in the Arboretum for our next Eddie V's experience! Thank youSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Everything about this restaurant is 5 stars. From the staff to the excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever1toughladyVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is far from my first time at Eddie V's, but I hadn't been in six months or so--and it was even better. The service this time was nothing short of incredible, and my grouper and my husband's swordfish were absolutely delicious. Not cheap, but worth every penny, and it won't be six months before I go back again.Special Features:
- The forgotten deuce.DatenightsVIPDined on 9/7/2014We were sat... And waited...and waited, (many white coats walked by and ignored us) finally the host that sat us asked a server to greet us. She (blonde short hair)brought dinner menus... But no cocktail list so we had to wait for that. Came over with a pitcher of ice water (why would you do that? try to upsell!) & asked what type of water we wanted.. We said sparkling.. She gave us option of Panna or Pelligrino.. Pretty sure panna is still water by Pelligrino. Finally Yolanda came by to say she was taking care of us with 2 other servers (never introduced themselves) When asked about ingredients in items (clam chowder) she didn't know. By that time we were ready to order. Our apps came out before our drinks. She was nice but service was bad
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Wish Eddie would open in Calabasas,CA . Terrific restaurant. The food outstanding, great wine and superb bourbonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePerfectDined on 9/6/2014Highly recommend Eddie V's! The staff was beyond wonderful. They really helped us celebrate a birthday. The food was perfect. Eddie V's is one of the best restaurants in Austin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I celebrated our 42 wedding anniversary with you Saturday night. What a lovely surprise to see rose petals on our table! Angela was knowledgeable and attentive. Her suggestions were perfect. We had a perfect night. Dinner was an explosion of fabulous! My husband loved the rice. His steak and shrimp were perfection. My martini was dry and icy and the crab was abundant. Can't get any better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014This was absolutely the most enjoyable restaurant experience that I have had in years. I definitely needed to say that first!!!!! From the moment I walked in, they had a birthday card ready for my date, since it was his birthday! And I mean an actual card. I had two waiters which were Joe and Jeff. Two very different personalities, but the both made my night !!!! Jeff was definitely energetic and personable, easy going, and dead on point with what we needed at the table. Joe was very professional, made sure he checked on us in a timely manner, made sure the table was clean, just amazing!!! I definitely plan to visit the one in Dallas and see if the service is comparable. The food was amazing too! Especially the dessert!!!Special Features:
- IncredibleMCG11Dined on 9/5/2014We came to eat after we got engaged. The service was incredible. The good was magnificent. The people were friendly. It was a great experience. Never a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super eveningBuzz127Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I visited Eddie V's on a trip advisor recommendation. We were not disappointed. The menue had many steak and seafood choices. Our waiter, Jeff, couldn't have better. The appetizer was a shrimp special with Texas seasonings which was spectacular. My wife ordered halibut. Jeff suggested a topping not on the menue and it was great. I had grouper which was the best I ever had. Jeff suggested the crab fried rice as a side. It was incredible. So were the red beats, best we ever had. Being my wife's birthday , we were given a complimentary desert. We left Jeff choose and he presented us with a flaming bananas foster. All in all , big portions and one of the top 10 meals I have ever eaten. Don't miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatoutDined on 9/5/2014Never disappointed! Food/service/atmosphere are all tops!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary Gem!DebKDined on 9/3/2014We are from Montana and were visiting our daughter in Austin. I wanted a great meal before we left and decided to try Eddie V's. It was the perfect choice! Flawless service, the best food I have ever had and we travel a lot, great atmosphere. They were willing to tailor the food to fit everyone's taste. One of our dining mates asked for a dessert no longer on the menu and they made it for us and brought it out with 6 forks. Does it get better then that?Special Features:
- Perfect!freechampagneDined on 9/1/2014My boyfriend and I went for his birthday, and the service was incredible! I think every worker wished him a happy birthday, and they even gave us complimentary champagne and dessert...not to mention a birthday card! It was so special! Although the menu is pricey, the service makes up for it completely! Looking for a special occasion dinner? Eddie V's is definitely it!Special Features:
- excellent service..great food..npdealsDined on 8/31/2014Very knowledgeable staff who knows how to take care of customers needs...very accommodating..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Food and ServiceFoodjunkie3553Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaraunt with even better food and service all around. I would highly recommend for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Professional staff, delicious food. We really enjoyed this place for a elegant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placegaryDined on 8/30/2014Was our anniversary eddie Vs was great from service to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.