Eddie V's - 5th Street
301 E. 5th Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie V's - 5th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eddiev.com/
- Phone: (512) 472-1860
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11p, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10pm.; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 7:00pm; All night Happy Hour Sunday & Monday in lounge. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Bauer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Entertainment: Jazz & Blues nightly
A word from Eddie V's - 5th Street
If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Eddie V's - 5th Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Eddie V's - 5th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
333 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (260)romantic (173)notable wine list (164)fit for foodies (164)good for groups (120)vibrant bar scene (101)hot spot (88)neighborhood gem (42)late-night find (26)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food was fair. Fish over cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I had Nantucket bay scollops which tasted old and had too many other ingredients and my wife had fish which was over cooked. Also had stomach distress afterwards. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014Another fantastic dinner at Eddie V's. All six of us enjoyed our meal!!! We are from Boston and it was our second time there. We will put this restaurant on our list every time we are in Austin, which is about four times a year!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Hostess, thanks for finding us 2 seats!Alex3485VIPDined on 11/21/2014We dined here on Friday 11/21 and the only time slot they really had was 8:45 which we took, but showed up very early and tried to sit at the bar because we were hungry. The bar was packed and no chance for a table or bar seating there. I told the hostess as we arrived that we decided to eat earlier and wanted to take our chances in the bar. As I was about to leave the place and go somewhere else to eat, I wanted to make sure she checked us off as coming in here, but not dinned, so it would not show up as a "no show" on Open Table. Anyway, she found us a small table in the back just then and we had a perfect meal- great warm bread and butter/herb mix. I had the lobster bisque and just the brussels sprouts, which I shared w/ my husband who had the shrimp special that night. Jose was great our waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBamfnurseDined on 11/20/2014Eddie V's was amazing! I ordered the fish special they were having that day and it was delicious. We got the tuna tartare for an appetizer and shared a large side. The meal was perfect. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was quite loud and "happening" which we like. The place was full of people. Definitely make reservations before going! Meal was pricey but totally worth it for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but service could improveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014Great service from the beginning through the main course. Something happened when we ordered dessert. Assume kitchen got backed-up. It was a 45 minute wait without explanation or apology. We should have cancelled dessert. Until the end everything was going so well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!CBJBRJDined on 11/15/2014Great food,service, & ambiance. Manager came to table to talk to our nephew who just got back form tour. He is in the Airforce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightEatMeatVIPDined on 11/13/2014The food was great and the service was perfect. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhlyDSDined on 11/11/2014Consistently good and we will continue to bring our Guests thereSpecial Features:
- Great as usualGrandPatDined on 11/8/2014Eddie V's never disappoints. One of our favorite restaurants for a nice steak or fish dinner. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Game on...after the game!JasonRoBearDined on 11/8/2014Eddie V's was a recommendation from a colleague, and I am glad he did. Our party started out as 8, and after being seated, a call was made that the other 4 would not make it in time to attend dinner. We informed the staff of this change and they readily and graciously changed our table accommodations. The two adults at the table are frequent restaurant patrons, eating out at least 6 times a week and 2 younger high school boys who have little to no "foodie" knowledge. Our captain/server was gracious in explaining the menu and knowledgeable in navigating the entire table to what would fit each diners need. I do not recall our server’s name, but she was a fantastic young lady from the state of Arkansas... I don't think you could find anything on the menu that wasn't flavorful and a great value for the $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Eddie V'sJennVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is by far the best Eddie V's.! I have eaten at the ones in Houston, Ft. Worth and the other one in.Austin. The Eddie V's on 5 th far outshines the others. Everything I have eaten at this Eddie V's, the food has been fantastic and the service was impeccable!Special Features:
- great serverstucatDined on 11/7/2014We like dining in the bar to liten to live music. It was our anniversary and they did a great job recognizing that w special setting and champagne toast and complimentary dessert. Our server was one of the best I've had in a long Time, refreshing. Dinner reserve was at 7:15. Music didn't start till I thnk 9. Wished it started earlier.thier wine list is WAY overpriced some 4-5 x retail price with a few 3x retail. Wed buy 2 botles sometimes if the markup were not so high. But we know that and still go fr s ecial occasions.Special Features:
- Great eveningmetldrDined on 11/7/2014Had a wonderful dinner celebration with friends. Served by our favorite Luigi, whoi made the whole evening a dining expereiencve. Good wine, food and service. Ordered swordfish, redfish, and the tomahawk/crab combination. Topped off the evening with three great desserts. Always wonderful!Special Features:
- ArgylefoodieDined on 11/6/2014We had amazing service - couldn't have been better. We were celebrating a birthday and it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nov 6 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Amazing NY strip - one of the best steaks I've ever had. The truffle Mac n cheese was just ridiculously good.Special Features:
- BizDinnertinaoftexasDined on 11/5/2014Great option for corporate dinners. We opted for drinks and appetizers in the bar and then moved to our table. Service, wine and food were all great and it was an excellent experience for our customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overratedHappyDinemoreDined on 11/5/2014We wanted to like this restaurant which came highly recommended, and is very highly rated. Left feeling a little ripped off, as the food did not live up to the pretentious atmosphere. Dinner for two was almost $200, including a $40 bottle of wine. Filet was a lump of meat on a plate, poorly presented, and heavily laced with butter. Scallops were nice, but a bit greasy and too sandy to have been properly rinsed. Sides were extra $, a common but annoying habit of finer restaurants, but one that makes a modest dinner $60 pp. Salads and sides were overproduced, and we would strongly recommend getting any sauces or dressings on the side, as they are very potent and the chefs have a heavy hand.Special Features:
- A must for Austin!SpindogVIPDined on 11/4/2014We have been here so many times that it has paved the way to visit all the Eddie V's that we are near when traveling. This restaurant does not have the view of LaJolla, CA or the striking decor of Chicago - but it has a cozy warm feeling with a wonderful staff. I will truly miss visiting this location every trip to Austin as my daughter is moving to Nashville. Do you think that they can open one there for me?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceoutwithfriendsDined on 11/4/2014I appreciate the service here at Eddie V's. They were super accommodating to me and my group after about a million different changes to our party number, table placements, and then private room. Our group was overall very happy with the food and service.Special Features:
- Made my visit to AustinJLRKVDined on 11/2/2014In town for the F1 Race, I wanted to take my girlfriend out for a special meal. Based on the reviews I read on this site, I chose Eddie V's. I could not have been more pleased and satisfied. From the moment I pulled up and left the car with the Valet, the greetings from the hostess and then the professionalism of the wait staff. The food was outstanding. If you live in Austin, make sure you experience Eddie V's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect seafoodjhurDined on 11/2/2014Very creative cuisine, Texan portions, and knowledgeable servers. They are very popular and it is not easy to get a table, so reserve early. They will phone you to make sure you are coming and to see that you are not late. A good thing, too, because Open Table had put us down for the wrong date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Greart restauarant! Loved the recommendation from the waiter as to what to eat. Piano player was great! Cool place! Would come back again next time we are in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin's finestantiquetravlerVIPDined on 11/1/2014Visiting for the F1 excellent find Halibut was excellent, shared a 12 oz filet with lob tail was perfect. Steak and lob tartare was imaginative and fresh bananas foster amazing. Waiter was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceClintfromdrippinDined on 11/1/2014We were waited on by Jeffrey F. I brought two people in our party who had never been to Eddie V's. Jeffrey was attentive to us without being over bearing. He explained each part of the dining experience to us, made good recommendations and was very personable with the table. One of the first time persons said it was one of the best meals she had ever had.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service!!HopelessRomantixDined on 11/1/2014Awesome night! Wonderful food, service and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wholly satisfying experience2fishyfoodiesDined on 11/1/2014Impeccable preparation of Seafood entree. Filet was good quality though arrived a tad overcooked for medium rare. Sides excellent, cooked to. Godiva chocolate cake dessert was chocolatey & sinful as one could hope for. Add to that a knowledgable & personable wait staff, beautiful decor & ambiance. Can't miss!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole packageOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014Treated me like royalty on my birthday the food was fabulous the service was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for a celebration dinner!rosnDined on 10/28/2014Eddie V's is a beautiful space for a celebration dinner....Excellent seafood, steaks ,and poultry. The double breast of chicken with mushroom a jus was moist and flavorful and the tuna was high quality and a beautiful presentation. Especially nice for a special occasion or while attending an event at the nearby Austin convention center.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014Food was great. Bar was great. Wait staff attentive but we felt rushed.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner ExperiencecmartineDined on 10/26/2014Delightful presentation and attentive service combine to make this an excellent dinner destination. Each dish had great flavor and character. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealNuncdimmitis1Dined on 10/26/2014Great crab cake, great service.Nice evening all aroundSpecial Features:
- Special Occasion DiningPersnicketyShalDined on 10/25/2014I chose Eddie V's after careful consideration of all that Austin had to offer as far as their culinary scene is concerned. I was not disappointed! I had a party of six and had to make a reservation for 10:45 pm. I am not usually accustomed to eating so late but we were celebrating a birthday in the group and my bodybuilding competition victory. When we arrived I had forgotten the gifts in the car after valeting. The Host promptly volunteered to retrieve them for me! The table was waiting for my party with a birthday card and congratulatory card! And the food, wow, the quality superb, the flavor impeccable. Generous serving sizes. Our desserts were mind blowing. This is a wonderful place. The staff is completely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, Once Again....NiteOutDined on 10/25/2014EV's never disappoints. We had a wonderful time celebrating our Anniversary and the staff complimented the meal with quality service. We'll return soon.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forLonestarDined on 10/24/2014Everything about this place was incredible. Service was best out of anywhere we have been. Food was delicious. 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jobPatrickDined on 10/24/2014Thanks for helping to make my wife's birthday get together a success for all our group. Even when we had a slight complaint that some of the seafood portions were overlooked, the general manager came over, apologized and made things right for all involved. The service throughout the night was terrific as usual.Special Features:
- Always impeccable!LWC52Dined on 10/23/2014Why go elsewhere when you know where the best food is? I prefer a *sure thing* and this Eddie V's delivers every time. Thank you for your consistently excellent food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JohnDined on 10/22/2014What a wonderful evening, and the best filet I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- Quick trip to AustinTH13Dined on 10/19/2014We were only in Austin for one evening and wanted to have a special dinner. The Tex-Mex eateries were everywhere but not what we wanted so we looked on Trip Advisor for recommendations. This place was highly rated and the menu seemed to be just what we were looking for in terms of diverse food selection. Eddie V's was great! From the minute we arrived, it seemed like the staff was waiting for us. They could not be nicer. Food was wonderful. My wife had the lobster tacos and I had the Ahi Tuna steak both were delicious. We also shared the calamari (excellent) and the spinach and corn side dishes which really made the meal. Highly recommend this place for all kinds of eating and we can't wait until they open up in Northern Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food & ServiceButterDined on 10/19/2014We travel a lot and always try and have a nice steak everywhere we go. This was definetly one of the best steakhouses we have ever been too. The service was excellent and our food was fantastic. I highly recommend Eddie V's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurant!happycustomerDined on 10/18/2014We live in San Antonio, but consider Eddie V's our favorite special occasion go-to restaurant! While you can enjoy it frequently, the staff always make you feel as if it is a special occasion! We celebrated my son's 19th birthday, and via a small comment made when made our reservation, each staff member greeted my son with birthday salutations and a BEAUTIFUL dessert with personalized chocolate greeting awaited him after dinner! The food is over the top extraordinary! Recommended are the scallops and the swordfish! Enjoy!Special Features: