Eddie Papa's American Hangout
4889 Hopyard Rd.
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eddie Papa's American Hangout
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiepapas.com/
- Phone: 9254696266x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00PM;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Eddie Papa's American Hangout
Regional American Cuisine. Hand-Crafted Artisan Cocktails. Old World HospitalityContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Eddie Papa's American Hangout - Best Restaurants in Pleasanton ›
Eddie Papa's American Hangout reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (23)good for groups (21)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- We really enjoy Eddie Papa'sSansReviewDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I continue to return to Eddie Papa's. They have a fun menu and good food. This time, we brought my brother and his wife. It was their first time to Eddie Papa's. They loved it. I would highly recommend the crab/artichoke sandwich. It's outstanding. We also shared the seasonal pumpkin egg rolls and would definitely order them again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need ACOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014the AC was broken in big dining area. which made us sweat the entire lunch. service was slow, tables dirty, but food was fine.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationNormDined on 9/7/2014Over the past year since we discovered Eddie Papa's we enjoyed several birthday celebrations at Eddie Papa's. Great family place, always treat the birthday guest special, and always treat the kids big and small special with special menu options and cotton candy and pixie sticks. Great fun for all ages. They have a great menu selection with something for everyone.Special Features:
- BAD VERY BADYUKKKKKDined on 6/15/2014Service was average nothing special. Food was awful 6 different orders 2 orders return 1 order not available. Not a good place to go. Thanks for my Father's Day Dinner. Won't be back!!!!!
- love that cotton candy..!loves2eatoutDined on 6/15/2014We like to come here for the well-crafted hamburgers..haven't yet tried anything else. My husband especially likes the cotton candy that comes with the bill! There are some imaginative desserts also, which we haven't tried, but have seen at the next table, notably the s'mores that include a small stove (?) to roast the marshmallows on. Kids welcome, but there is also a large cocktail menu. Fun place!Special Features:
- EnjoyFoodDined on 6/15/2014Great old fashioned home cooked meals. The service is good. The food is always fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Great Variety of Diverse FoodBestMexicanFoodDined on 6/14/2014We really enjoyed being able to pick from a wide range of foods from different cultures, etc. All food we ordered was cooked exceptionally well and delicious.Special Features:
- Promotion & Graduation CelebrationPtownbritDined on 6/12/2014This was a great spot to celebrate the promotion and graduation of our sons - and so felt lots of other families on this night. Food was good (I personally was not a huge fan of what I selected - Ahi Tuna in Macadamia nut crus (a little too sweet, needed in my opinion some green veggies) but that was my choice). Otherwise my kids were very happy with their burgers and mac and cheese and my husband had the Jambalaya which they spiced up a little more for him. One child is Gluten free and they accommodate that really well which makes it a very easy spot for him to eat without fear.Special Features:
- Two thumbs way upsebysusanDined on 6/11/2014Have loved Eddie Papa's from the month they opened. Their service is outstanding and food superb. I believe I've eaten there several dozen times at this point, and have been consistently satisfied. One note, my experiences have been almost always on the patio. (Lunch with the pups after hiking being typical. Love the fact that well behaved dogs are welcome outside.) When dining inside, I have noticed during busy times the noise level gets fairly high. A minor complaint. PS the child in me adores the cotton-candy that comes with the billSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robemerDined on 6/8/2014Someone informed the manager that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary so he gave us a desert absolutely free. The air-conditioning seemed to be broken in spite of that it was a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sntabbyDined on 5/31/2014Cocktails were excellent. Good selections of beers on tap. Food was good, but two of the four dinners had to be sent back because they were not hot. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the visit.JoenJanetDined on 5/24/2014Disappointed! My wife ordered a crab and artichoke sandwich on an open faced chiabate bread. She got a luke warm sandwich with avocado and unknown if it had crab as she could not taste it. It was served as a sandwich between two slices of sourdough bread. My fish and chips were also luke warm, considering that the fish is breaded, I would have thought it would have been very hot. French fries were the only things that were hot. Very disappointing. Service was excellent however! Treated our grandkids very well.
- Fun menuAce1Dined on 5/22/2014Eddie Papa's offers a creative spin on "normal" menu items. Presentation is also refreshingly different. Oh yeah, the food tastes great as well!Special Features:
- Not a burger jointTigerVirgoDined on 5/21/2014I've driven by this place a number of times and thought it offered little more than burgers (ie Johhny Rockets, Red Robins). Was I ever wrong! The menu reflects regional foods of the U.S.A. Our table enjoyed Alaskan Fish and Chips, Fisherman's Wharf Crab & Lobster Bisque, San Francisco Crab & Artichoke Sandwich, New Mexican Taquitos (Specials menu) and Monterey Crab & Artichoke Dip. We finished with S'mores with homemade marshmallows, the best homemade Bread Pudding and complimentary Cotton Candy! The servers were all very nice and accommodating (our group was celebrating several occasions) and the owner visited each table. I already have plans on going back next week! Conveniently located not far off 580 on Hopyard in Pleasanton.Special Features:
- The following 213 reviews are from the Eddie Papa's American Hangout reviews archive.
- favorite family meeting placemartieDined on 5/11/2014I have family all over the East Bay area, and Eddie Papa's is a favorite meeting place. We love the varied menu, and the seasonal selections for something new and different. We always have a good time!Special Features:
- Noisy Mother's Day buffetQuietDinerDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day and were disappointed to see that it was a buffet. Not only was it ludicrously expensive, it was loud and chaotic, with long lines for food. We were very unhappy.
- Great MenuDick83Dined on 5/10/2014Menu can cover all the food requests of our party of four! Salads, corn cakes, ruebens, vegetarian sandwiches, and great tea.Special Features:
- FoodDinnerDined on 5/4/2014Great food and service. Our server, Ryan went above normal service. There was 10 of us including a 2 year old. He paid special attention to her which was great to keep a 2 year old busy. Drinks were good. We have never been there before, but will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Good for familiesSfovisitDined on 4/27/2014Food was ok, rather too fat for my taste. Very spacious and freat for kids. Cotton candy and smores are definately highlights for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notorious serviceOccassionalDinerDined on 4/27/2014While the food and preparation is interesting and quite good, the service is so bad that it ruins the meal. Virtually all of the servers, while friendly, are exceptionally slow and unprofessionally. They seem to spend a lot of time out of site and visiting with each other while patrons wait for food that eventually comes ... cold. Don't expect anyone to ask how you meal is after it's eventually served. Don't bother if you want a water, coffee, or lemon aid refill. Don't anticipate that promised famous cotton candy to necessarily come with your bill. If going out for dinner's supposed to be special, too many other places offer both good food and good service to endure this place.Special Features:
- wineanddineVIPDined on 4/23/2014Nice place to have lunch. Many choices on the menu and the service is always good. Complimentary cotton candy- Bonus.Special Features:
- An Evening at the Pop's.AnniefannieDined on 4/19/2014I have been here a few times and I have never been disappointed. The food always tastes fresh and homemade. There is an endless variety of items to choose from. The servers are friendly too. Definitely one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any Time Any Occasioneslaa33Dined on 4/3/2014You can't go wrong with Eddie Papa's. It's a great way to treat yourself for any occasion. The food is incredible, the service is friendly and they bend over backwards to accommodate your every need/want. You can't help but feel spoiled here. It's fancy and fun; without being pretentious.Special Features:
- Lunch outTruelifeDined on 3/14/2014I ordered a Lobster rolls and requested a small side strawberry salad to replace fries. They charged an extra $4 for the replacement salad, it was good and the Lobster roll tasty. They also have a nice touch of cotton candy at the meals end. The manager said hi and remembered my name as I left. Over all a great tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/13/2014This place was busy, as it often is. Good energy, good food and good times.Special Features:
- Good food, OK service, VERY loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/7/2014Double dated with friends for dinner Friday night and dining here was a first for all of us. The appetizer was great (pulled pork quesadilla), the crab bisque was excellent, and entrees were also all very well prepared. The service lacked maturity (water brought to two not four, drink orders taken from the other two not all four, wine uncorked and set on the table with the cork in it, mismatching dinners with diners) and the room was very noisy and warm. I think I would choose this place for lunch over dinner, certainly would not return here for a special dinner. Overall I rate this three stars. This place could be great with a little server training and sound dampening.Special Features:
- Great wait service.TerriVIPDined on 3/4/2014Arturo was quick and attentive. Food continues to be consistently good. Had the gumbo for which was good. Only thing that was a disappoint was the initial greeting from the host which I later found out was she was the manager. Just didn't give us the welcome that we have received in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceukgalDined on 3/4/2014This was not my first time at Eddie's, but every time the service has always been so friendly and attentive. Would recommend this as a local favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Gluten-Free Friendly!amcgirl1VIPDined on 2/20/2014This was my sister and my first time dining at Eddie Papa's. One of the things that drew me to the restaurant was their website stated they could accommodate many of their menu items to be gluten-free. My sister, who is gluten intolerant, was visiting from out of town and I've been wanting to take her here to check out their gluten-free menu. The waiter, Jake, was very knowledgeable about substitutions and provided excellent service from beginning to end! The food was very good and the gluten-free mac & cheese (made with rice noodles) was sooooo yummy (I tasted it too!) We will definitely be going back every time she visits - and I want to go back, even without her, to try some other delicious sounding food I saw on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want it to be THAT place but....ash88Dined on 2/16/2014Consistency!!! I want it to be that comfortable place that I can go back to get that same dish/plate/meal... especially when I really liked it. I had that dish... and have ordered it 3 times in the past recent chunk of time, and each time it's been different... mostly smaller. This is really disappointing. Especially when you have a good dish, and you think of it, crave it, and then order it and .... are left wanting and bummed. The good thing is that they have dishes that are like this, the bad thing is sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the familyTGroveDined on 2/7/2014Great place to take the kids! The food and service is geared towards children. The food is fresh and menu is creative with a great variety. Full bar with great choices of beer/wine. Enjoyed our evening and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take your out-of-townersDick83Dined on 2/3/2014For lite eaters...half-size portions was terrifici. Food was creative. Try the Artichoke soup..delish!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite thing aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2014one of my favorite thing about this restaurant is the cotton candy they bring at the end of the meal. the day we went the machine was broken, so no cotton candy. no big deal - just disappointment.Special Features:
- Management accommodated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Management accommodated our friend with a wheelchair we liked that but overall for the price, meal was fair and we had to keep asking for water.Special Features:
- Not to repeatNewviewerDined on 1/25/2014Very disappointing. The menu had many items that looked great, actually too many. It was hard to choose. Once we did the food didn't taste good. I had the Ruben which was way too salty. The salad dressing, balsamic was too heavy. We did order the loaded French fries which were good but the dipping aioli tasted more like plain mayo. Also ordered was the chicken club, the fish and chips, eggs Benedict and a cheeseburger. Nothing was "wow" and considering that very over priced.
- Various menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2014A grand basic menu is always offered, but it is fun to be able to enjoy a menu item that frequently changes!Special Features:
- Staff was excellent. foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/18/2014Staff was excellent. food Is a marginal step up from TGI Fridays.Special Features:
- DisappointingBWNLadiesVIPDined on 1/15/2014I think they changed the menu and I was very unimpressed. Very overpriced. $8.50 for a wedge salad that was about 1/8 of a slice. A few bacon bits and about half a teaspoon of dressing. No blue cheese or tomato. Really sad.Special Features:
- great job with our group + kidsfamilygroupDined on 1/12/2014Great food, really accommodating for kids. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasic!uclagalDined on 1/11/2014This is the second time we've come in a large group to celebrate my mom's birthday. As always, the service was incredible, the food delicious, and we can't wait to return. Love this place!! So great for kids too. :) The cotton candy after dinner is a fun touch.Special Features: