Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
28254 Diehl Rd
Warrenville, IL 60555Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/Locations/Warrenville-313.html
- Phone: 6303931900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday - Open at 11:30
Monday - Thursday - 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday - Saturday - 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Sunday - 4:00 - 10:00 PM
Monday - Thursday - 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday - 5:00 PM- 11:00 PM
Sunday - 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Live music every Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Miranda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Private dining areas from 8 - 50 persons or the entire restaurant for 250 persons
- Private Party Contact: Tara Gaver 6303931900x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on Fridays: 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Live Entertainment on Saturdays: 7:00 PM to 10 PM
- Special Events: LOBSTER MADNESS EVERY FRIDAY THROUGH APRIL 18th - Two 1.25lb lobsters for $39.95!
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot"s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville - Best Restaurants in Warrenville ›
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (80)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (43)great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (8)great for brunch (5)Show More
- GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food at Eddie Merlot's was admittedly good, although not good enough to warrant the price or tell my friends that they must try it. (Although if you do go, try the fried shrimp appetizer in a light coating with a sweet yet understated glaze.) The waiter had a very agreeable demeanor, but we did not get the kind of service that you expect from a restaurant in this price scale. My water never got filled up the entire meal. I ended up taking my wife's water as she had ordered an ice tea. The décor reminded us of being in an upscale cruise ship. Modern but not too over-the-top. All in all, it was a nice experience, but not nice enough for the price. I have had just as good or better food and service at a less costly rate.
- Always SpecialjimboitisDined on 8/31/2014Even the salads are excellent; try the creamy mint (and I don't like mint!) salad dressing Chateaubriand truly melts in your mouthSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceDeedeeDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had a lovely evening at Eddie Merlot's celebrating our wedding anniversary. The menu is wide and diverse with something for everyone which we appreciated. We opted for steak and a mixed grill which were both excellent and cooked to perfection and the side dishes which were especially interesting were super delicious. Even though they had a wedding party going in in the private room, we found the service to be top notch. Beautiful dining room. Pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced for a steakfood chainTemporaryResidentOfNYCDined on 8/29/2014The service was good, the setting was good, but the quality of the food was not so good. Over-priced steak and the sea bass was WAY over salted. I was very disappointed. I would honestly not recommend this place. If you want steak, go to a real steakhouse like Sullivan's or Morton's. Sorry to say this, but it is not worth the money. They did have an incredible wine list and interesting cocktails list though, so I would certainly recommend cocktails, but not the food.
- Very pleasedwaterdivaDined on 8/26/2014We had an important client in town and Eddie Merlot's worked out well for a group of eight for an early dinner. The food selections were very nice with a good wine list in a comfortable setting. The service was great. We had success in engaging our guests without any effort or fuss to worry about. We will certainly come here again.Special Features:
- Delicious and FunDwpLjpVIPDined on 8/25/2014Great service, we had the fun red/white wine flight and each individual bottle was brought to the table and the wine was introduced to us in interesting fashion. Best bread in the world, even better than French baguettes! Both my wife and I loved our entrees. Classy place.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014The Warrenville Eddie Merlot's is definitely a hidden gem. The food and the service are always outstanding. This has become our favorite place to go for special occasions, but we also go as a treat to ourselves once or twice a month for Sunday night "half price bottle of any wine you can purchase by the glass" night. Because this location is off the beaten path, it is less crowded than the other Eddie Merlot's locations, giving it a much more relaxed and comfortable setting. Give it a try. It will not disappoint!Special Features:
- ServiceThorDined on 8/23/2014Our server had only worked there for 3 days and was a bit slow on our requests for service.Special Features:
- ribeyeguyDined on 8/23/2014Four of us ordered drinks, wine, and dinner. It's very well paced unless you are in a hurry. I had the pork chop - did not care for the glaze but it was cooked to perfection. Our friends ordered the chateaubriand medium. It was medium rare so they took it back, came back medium. My wife ordered the filet mignon and it was perfect for her even though filet mignon is not her normal first choice. Appetizers are very good - some visit we may go for the appetizers alone. Everything is basically ala carte unless they're doing a package. It's not a kid place (no kid menu (?)) but kids were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SREVICEGrfoodDined on 8/23/2014MY WIFE AND MY SELF HAD A GREAT TIME. THE FOOD WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. i HAD A CRAFT BEER THAT WAS VERY GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!GamGamVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was great, staff was great, and a beautiful restaurant. Definitely 5 stars. Great suburban restaurant close to home for special occasions. A real find.Special Features:
- HatchieVIPDined on 8/22/2014After being at our table for our first round of drinks, two couples sat down next to us who had previously been at the bar, and were practically shouting at each other for their conversation. Our conversation had to stop because we couldnt hear each other!!!! We asked the manager if there was another open table we could move to and he moved us within 5 minutes. The other table was obnoxious and really spoiled our evening. However, we were taken care of and the food as always was very good.Special Features:
- OutstandingFABULOUSDined on 8/19/2014Food was top notch the service also top notch. We are planning a wedding reception and the manager was more than helpful and very responsive to all our needs. I LOVE this place!!Special Features:
- steveDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and service, unfortunate that it seems to be a hidden gem, not a lot of patrons when we have been in. Hope it catches on.Special Features:
- Eddie Merlot's - Warrenvillle. ILBabyBoomerDined on 8/18/2014We had a miserable experience. The restaurant was basically empty. Two other tables and a private party in another room. Our server had one of the other tables, a twosome. The server was inattentive and the noise from the kitchen was ridiculous. Sounded like the staff was tossing trays and fry pans. We asked for quiet twice and nothing happened the third time (finally asking our server, she seemed to close the kitchen door or something because the noise did mute.) Cocktails took over 20 minutes to serve then she left without taking our appetizer order. When she did take the appetizer order she told us there were 5 pieces of shrimp and 4 pieces of Ahi wonton. We only got 4 pieces of shrimp and when we mentioned this she said oh wellSpecial Features:
- Great Find in NapervillethinkpostDined on 8/16/2014The food here was some of the best I've had lately. The calamari was especially well made as an appetizer. The steaks were very well prepared. The bone-in ribeye was very flavorful and the filet was unbelievably tender. All of the sides we had, garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and brussel sprouts, were very tasty. The carrot cake for desert was also especially good. The service was very knowledgeable and attentative, but not stuffy. We did not sit outside, but the outside dining area looked very nice. I definitely think this is a place to try.Special Features:
- pretty in concept lacking executionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014bartenders were bad, drink were not good, sent two drinks back nice menue but food was only ok
- Very pricey for the suburbs andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014there was no one in the dining area except for my table. I think there may have been 3 tables being used on the patio, but overall a ghost townSpecial Features:
- Crab Louie SaladmarybDined on 8/11/2014This was my first time at this restaurant and I can't say enough about it. The ambience is wonderful. I had the crab louie which was presented beautifully and tasted fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is awesome.DfromNapervilleDined on 8/9/2014Came on a good night no wait. The food was wonderful. Had the crabcakes, wedge salad, & sea bass. Third visit and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantGearyDined on 8/9/2014Great place, service could have been faster. The waitress was very nice and knew the menus, just slower than we expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014This place was perfect for the occasion, I made resos for 8 people for my boyfriends birthday and service was great, food was also. I normally like livelier atmosphere but with 8 of us that was all we needed. I will definitely go back when I am looking for a great meal with a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our 60th Wedding Anniversarytwj1935Dined on 8/7/2014We ended a beautiful day with a wonderful dinner at a great restaurant. Really enjoyed the evening. Our waiter Ruben was very cordial, Knowledgeable, and heled to make the evening perfect!Special Features:
- MaryemaryeDined on 8/2/2014Always excellent at Eddie Merlots even if its a little on the pricey side. Love their two person specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDineoutoftenDined on 8/2/2014Service was impeccable as always, and the food was amazing. Bone in ribeye is by far the best in the Chicago area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go againFoodie4lifeDined on 7/28/2014One of the best steaks I ever had! Plenty of menu options for big appetites and small appetites. Their wine list is extensive and they offer many great wines by the glass. More than any restaurant I have dined at. The staff is extremely friendly and made our 1st dining experience at Eddie Merlots quite enjoyable! Will go again in the near future!Special Features:
- DianeSDined on 7/26/2014Went here to celebrate an anniversary. Everything was great along with friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatSuzyDined on 7/25/2014This was my fifth experience at Eddie Merlot's in Warrenville. The food is always first rate. I like the ambience-it is attractive and modern yet cozy. Keep thinking it would be fun to grab a good book and a corner table, order an appetizer and wine. What an afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014My meal was $30 and my wife spent $20 on wine, $70 surf & turf, $10 on sweet potato, $10 on salidSpecial Features:
- Wow!TouchedbyjulesDined on 7/20/2014Great steaks fantastic service..would so return! Delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegrtfulDined on 7/20/2014Food was excellent. Waiter was attentive, but gave us space and time to really enjoy the evening. Pleasant atmosphere, classy environment. Highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and FoodDwpLjpVIPDined on 7/19/2014It was real nice sitting outside on their covered patio with the tiki torches surrounding it. Great preparations and wine list with impeccable service.
- EXCELLENT!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014It was our first time here and as entering we were already taken by now beautiful the restaurant was and the bring we received was very pleasant. The staff was very friendly and constantly coming to our table asking if we needed anything. Mostly the food was excellent!! We will definitely go back and pass the word!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time there!NeecieDined on 7/17/2014Yes, I lived in Naperville and ate out often. So glad when I return to this town now that this has become my new favorite place to dine....really exceptional food and wine. Service top notch too. I am thrilled I found itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- typical chain steak housePT925tDined on 7/15/2014Food was good however overpriced. Service was excellent, but I would have expected nothing less given that it was at less than 25% occupancy.
- Special placeSamiVIPDined on 7/12/2014Everything wonderful starting with the ambience, the food and last but not least the service makes this place special.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful & just the way I wanted it. Service was good also. My waiter seemed to have a attitude with my 20% tip. It made me feel bad, I feel 20% is a good tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Spotwink112013Dined on 7/12/2014Eddie Merlots Warrenville location is a nice place for a special occasion. A bit pricey so bring your big credit card. It's an adult fine dining place with good food, great service and pleasant atmosphere. Dress is classy casual and I'd make a reservation to be sure. Share an appetizer and your side dish as portions are a meal in themselves. Medium cooked meats are closer to med-rare at best. Try a dessert and coffee, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- good but priceyDateNightDined on 7/12/2014Friendly reception by all you meet on the staff. Staff does a great job of educating you about all their offerings. Our server David was great but he did become scarce later in our seating. We arrived at 630 and finished at 930 and were never rushed. French Onion soup is as good as everyone says. I had the smaller New York strip and it was cooked as ordered but was not all that special tasting even with the peppercorn sauce. Two of our group of four tried the wine flight of 4 reds. Only one of the selection was notable but the experience was interesting. The flaming preparation of the brownie is something to see and eat and was a great finish to our meal.Special Features:
- jcboogersVIPDined on 7/11/2014Asian shrimp app, filet and sea bass excellent. Don't recommend Eddie's Potatoes. Server was phenomenal. Service a little slow.Special Features: