Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
28254 Diehl Rd
Warrenville, IL 60555Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/Locations/Warrenville-313.html
- Phone: (630) 393-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday - Open at 11:30
Monday - Thursday - 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday - Saturday - 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Sunday - 4:00 - 10:00 PM
Monday - Thursday - 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday - 5:00 PM- 11:00 PM
Sunday - 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Live music every Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Miranda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Private dining areas from 8 - 50 persons or the entire restaurant for 250 persons
- Private Party Contact: Tara Gaver 6303931900x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on Fridays: 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Live Entertainment on Saturdays: 7:00 PM to 10 PM
- Special Events: LOBSTER MADNESS EVERY FRIDAY THROUGH APRIL 18th - Two 1.25lb lobsters for $39.95!
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot"s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville - Best Restaurants in Warrenville ›
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (69)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- GreatFoodieQueenDined on 11/21/2014Everything was absolutely AMAZING. I am most definitely going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't resolve problem appropriatelyDinnerDesignerDined on 11/13/2014One of our party members ordered a steak- prepared medium, it was tough to chew, she also ordered it Oscar style and the sauce was cold. Server took the steak back to replace it. It took longer to cook the steak the second time and the restaurant only had a few tables at the time. When the steak came out it was prepared well done and the oscar style was satisfactory, not exceptional. The manager delivered her the 2nd dish personally and in a very uncomfortable way stood there and watched my friend eat. We pointed out it was over cooked the manager didn't provide a solution, my friend said she would except the steak because the other 3 of us had already finished our dinner. When the bill arrived he had taken it off the bill, however, we were on an expense report so it didn't really help my friends experience who comes back regularly. New chef? New manager? I'll go back, but at the price of the meal here I expect high quality food and exceptional service- this time our experience was mediocre at best. Not sure about some of the new menu dishes either- 86 the aug. cauliflower - bland, try adding cumin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, worth the price.JoshDined on 11/11/2014My girlfriend and I made a last minute decision to try this place for the first time. Had experienced some of their appetizers at a wine festival and it was awesome. We showed up a bit under dressed. This is definitely at a minimum a business casual restaurant. The food is pricey, but it was worth every penny. Ask the service staff about the food if youre a first timer. Dinner for the two of us, including an appetizer [BBQ shrimp] and a cocktail each, it was $122.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasantSuzanneVIPDined on 11/10/2014Eddie Merlot's is always consistent. Great food and great service. One of our favorite places for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food hereteacherguyDined on 11/10/2014We had been to Eddie Merlot's once before, and again we were pleased with the experience. The food is excellent...by far the best dining experience we have found outside of Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twins26Dined on 11/9/2014WE had a great experience at Eddie Merlots's. It rivals other notable steak houses in the area. We were celebrating a birthday and found the service and meal to be very memorable.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/8/2014What a fantastic restaurant the Shrimp and Grits were outstanding and the Cauliflower Gratin was even better. This is our favorite restaurant in the Western Suburbs. Thanks EddieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24th Wedding AnniversaryNapesDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I went here for our Anniversary celebration dinner. Greeted at the door by a few hosts/hostess...very friendly and welcoming. They wanted to seat us at a table in the middle...didn't want that, asked for a booth or table for two on the side and they promptly sat us at a nice table on the side for two. Waitress was very nice and informative. We each ordered a ribeye. Waitress pushed the Waygu beef, but I'm not that spendy. The steaks we ordered were pricey enough for me...but ok for a special occasion. Cauliflower au gratin was very, very good. Nice touch...they surprised us with a cupcake dessert to commemorate our anniversary...it was also very good.Special Features:
- Service/PriceVisitingDined on 11/6/2014We have eaten at Eddie's since they first opened in Warrenville and are club members. The past service was always exceptional and the food outstanding. Lots of ambience and cool decor. Upon arrival the hostess was not welcoming. We were never offered bread for the table, never had our water refilled. Following appetizer and salad our silverware was removed and when the manager delivered our food we needed to ask for some as he was leaving the table. When we made our reservation on Open Table I indicated it was our anniversary. Only when the bill came and I handed our certificate to the wait did we get a carry-out dessert. When you go to an upscale restaurant you expect high end service and attentiveness. Food great service lackingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkieVIPDined on 11/6/2014My husband and I were checking this restaurant out to compare it to the one in Burr Ridge. We are planning to take friends there who live out that way. We were well satisfied that it is as good as the Burr Ridge one. We split the carpaccio and it is still one of the best dishes around. My husband had a filet mignon and I had the New Orleans mixed grill. The steaks were done to perfection, as expected. The shrimp on the creole dish were enormous. Everything was well seasoned and did not suffer from salt overload. We split the cheesecake and it was creamy and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerBJF1Dined on 11/2/2014Me and my husband went to Eddie Merlot's for our anniversary and it was a great choice. The food was great, the service was outstanding, and the whole wait staff gave us a card for our anniversary..never had a restaurant do that for a celebration. It was a great night.Special Features:
- Eddie Merlot's4urpleasureDined on 11/2/2014The dining experience at Eddie Merlot's has consistently been very good and our most recent visit was no exception. Staff is attentive and more than willing to answer any questions or offer input on the chef's selections. The food presentation is superb and quite tasty. Their menu offers a good cross section of flavors for the diner. Bar is beautiful and well appointed; wine list offers variety and good balance to your chosen entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/1/2014Everything was exceptional as always. Will continue to return whenever I want a great dinner with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundDwpLjpVIPDined on 10/30/2014Sat at bar nice cocktails quick service deelish food before a movie.
- Very goodgrtrxVIPDined on 10/25/2014I've never had a bad meal here, the aged beef is amazing and the tartare is very good (was excellent once it warmed up a bit, served cold it lost a little 'zoom'). Service very attentive, and willing to chat you up. Wine list has some surprises if you're willing to dig and go down some paths to countries you might not know. High priced and worth the food, only complaints are cheese after dinner was cold not cool room temp (you lose some flavor) and the mixed drinks while pricey don't seem to be mixed with extraordinary care. I will be back no doubt about it.Special Features:
- Best Steak EverTripsL3Dined on 10/25/2014I've had a LOT of steak in my life and this was the best ever. I've heard the phrase, "melt in your mouth" and this filet mignon pretty much did. We also had filet sliders from the bar. Yummy filet, Gorgonzola, onion straws on a small bun with a pickle on top. The twice baked potato was barely adequate at $8. My dining mate had a pineapple infusion. Vodka soaked with pineapple for a week. She said yummy. But it's a vodka martini, people don't expect foo-foo. The room we were in had two big screen TVs. I'm a big TV fan, but this did NOT lend to the ambiance. no room for dessert.Special Features:
- Great filet Classic drinksDwpLjpVIPDined on 10/23/2014Classy bar and delicious food with super pro service.
- Pricey, but goodWheatonRonDined on 10/23/2014I don't mind paying a high price for lunch ($15-25 per person) if the food is good as well as the atmosphere. This restaurant is pricey but I believe it is worth it. Nice linen napkins, fine glasses and good silverware. In short, it is worth the price for being treated well. We ate at noon on a Thursday and it was not busy.i had the steak salad that was perfectly cooked and my friend had a very fine looking hamburger.Special Features:
- Business LunchnewtochicagoDined on 10/23/2014Went for a business lunch, overall good experience. However, they were not very busy but the food took a long time to come out even though the majority of people had salads. Expect to be here for a minimum hour for lunch.Special Features:
- Really great meal!napervillekellyDined on 10/18/2014Our food was delicious! The cauliflower side dish was literally the best cauliflower I have ever had. The decor in the restaurant is really neat.Special Features:
- Won't eat here again.GreggVIPDined on 10/11/2014Eddie Merlots has seen a significant slide from what it once was. The food is overpriced and served at the wrong temperature..(Fish served lukewarm...YUK) The service was exceptionally slow, even though there were only a few tables seated. We were halfway into the meal before we got our drinks refreshed, and the side we had ordered never made it to the meal, until we were finished eating. The flavor of the food was pretty unappetizing, as well. The dessert, however, was excellent! The rest needs a lot of work.
- meal okay carrot cake awesome!!foodlvrDined on 10/11/2014I had trout amandine which was average, but nothing to write home about. The chopped salad was very good. The spinach salad had too much sugar in the hot bacon dressing for my liking. The creamed spinach is also awesome. The prime rib was decent and I don't eat steak. The cedar plank salmon was alright, but not my style. The peanut butter cup dessert was good and decadent, but the absolute best was the carrot cake. 4 layers high with cream cheese frosting in between each layer. It is huge/definitely a dessert to share-it could be cut in 4 2x2 inch squares. I will go back for the dessert. The other stuff for the price was not anything I would say was superb. According to our waiter, they are revamping the menu in the next few weeks.
- NubarbieDined on 10/10/2014We waited forever to get our food even though we ordered quickly and were in the restaurant before it got busy. Our food arrived finally and was barely warm. This was not our first visit but was our most disappointing visit. Not sure if we will go back.Special Features:
- Get your eat on....BecauseISaidSoDined on 9/29/2014This was my first time dining here. I was treating my BFF to celebrate a major milestone in his life. He's a chef at heart himself so I had to take him some place impressive and within his high standards. He really enjoyed the ambiance and food, and of course, present company :) I even joined the platinum club because I knew I would frequent that place even alone for some me time and great service from Cindi. See you again real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some workOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Went based upon open table rating and was surprised that they ran out of decanters for wine, especially since it was inspired by a wine efficienado. The food was good, not spectacular, and based on the price I expected more. They ran out of check presenters.
- Great service, food and lounge312TasteDined on 9/26/2014From the moment you walk through the doors you are greeted with prompt, polite, and courteous service. Welcomed into this chain restaurant that feels more like a local steakhouse powerhouse, you are quickly seated and accommodated to any special requests. Not extensive but thorough wine list, great appetizers and comfortable lounge or dining room experience will have you finding yourself perfectly content leisurely moving through each course at a refreshingly slow pace. Great for a date, business lunch or dinner, or bringing together old friends, Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville is a surprisingly sophisticated yet accessible suburban dining delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for special occassionalscott7723Dined on 9/26/2014Service was very good. Food was excellent, however, a bit pricey. Really enjoyed the dessert preparation and delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Went for two business meetings. 1) executive team - impressed. Enjoyed food and service 2) smaller 1:1 - again enjoyed food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!CruzDined on 9/22/2014This was my 50th birthday. My husband chose this place. First of all, we have never been here before. When we walked in, we were in awe of how beautiful it is. This is truly exquisite! Our waiter was Rueben. I enjoyed his attentive service so much I wanted to take him home! He made me feel so special with his extra attention. He recommended a few suggestions, we listened! His recommendation was amazing! Glad we listened! When it was time go, The manager came over and shared some history of the restaurant. We really enjoyed listening to what he had to say. We left with so many bags, the manager and our waiter carried our bags to the car and opened the door just like a gentleman. I'm so impressed! I felt like a queen! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingUnhappyDined on 9/20/2014I want to let the Owner/Upper Managemnt know that Black people do notice when the are not seated in the front or main part of a resturant, just in case you didn't think we do. My black family of 4 was walked past several opened tables for 4 in the front part of this restaurant and taken to the back right by the kitchen door, I told the hostess that we would NOT sit here, I could tell she was just as uncomfortable as I was, I told her to sit us at a better table and she did find us a nice table so that we might enjoy the ambiance of the resturant instead of the noise of the kitchen. As we ate our meal I kept my eye on the open table in the main part of the resturant and not to my surprise no one ever sat at those tables
- AuntieEVIPDined on 9/18/2014Great meal and great service. Filet was done to perfection and the Brussels sprouts are to die for.Special Features:
- Comfortable chairsFoodieDonDined on 9/17/2014We think the manager--Jeff is very attentive and he made the dinner pleasant.
- ServiceBklynguyDined on 9/14/2014Never disappointed with the service or the food at this restaurant. Absolutely excellent! Half price wine on Sunday is a great idea.Special Features:
- Very good food, substandard serviceDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Poor hostess and waiter experiences; felt like we were dining at TGI Fridays. Hostess inexperienced/undertrained. Waiter was hurried (appeared to have tables in two different dining rooms) and was very slow to first arrive at our table and took way too long between courses. Also, plates from previous course left on table until the next course brought out. We had empty/dirty dishes on our table for far more time than we had food. Food was very good. Shrimp cocktail appetizer, lobster bisque soup, Waldorf salad, filet mignon and crab cakes were exceptional. Caesar salad was below average. Bottom line...a disappointing experience. Food was very good, but service was bad, particularly when considering the price point of Eddie Merlot's.Special Features:
- Fantastic PlaceDwpLjpVIPDined on 9/13/2014My filet was cooked to perfection medium rare with a wonderful tasty char on the surface per my detailed request. Wines by the glass were deelish and I asked the bartender for a Vieux Carre complicated martini and she figured it out and made a delicious one with a smile on her face. This restrnt is awesome.
- New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Been here twice (on Valentine's Day and one year anniversary) and the food and service was impeccable both times. Of course it was mobbed on Valentine's Day, and even though we were there for a few hours, our server was very conscientious about us waiting and apologized for the wait several times throughout the meal. And even though it was crowded, we were moved to a new table right away when we'd finally had enough of the rude patrons next to us. For our one year anniversary, they had all of the servers personally sign an anniversary card for us. On both occasions, the food was amazing. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- JUST CANT BEAT A 21 DAY AGED STEAK.DougDDined on 9/12/2014All of the beef at Eddie Merlot's beef is dry aged a minimum of 21 days. This makes it one of the most tender steaks you have ever eaten, regardless of the cut desired!! From the filet to the cowboy ribeye to the New York strip, they are all Execellent. If you haven't eaten here, you need to make the effort to do so.Special Features:
- Service vs. foodChiGuyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Hard to say what was better...the food or the service. Both were excellent, but our server was the best we have ever had at a public restaurant - she made us feel like we were at a private club! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAUANT!!Special Features:
- I'll be BackBusinessTravelerDined on 9/10/2014Have been to the Licolnshire Eddie Merlot's and have recommended that to colleagues. First time to this spot in Warrenville. Equally impressed. Great steak and friendly and attentive service. Can't miss combination.Special Features:
- First Class all the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Simply an outstanding night. Great service and outstanding food.Special Features: