Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
28254 Diehl Rd
Warrenville, IL 60555Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/Locations/Warrenville-313.html
- Phone: 6303931900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday - Open at 11:30
Monday - Thursday - 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday - Saturday - 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Sunday - 4:00 - 10:00 PM
Monday - Thursday - 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday - 5:00 PM- 11:00 PM
Sunday - 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Live music every Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Miranda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Private dining areas from 8 - 50 persons or the entire restaurant for 250 persons
- Private Party Contact: Tara Gaver 6303931900x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on Fridays: 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Live Entertainment on Saturdays: 7:00 PM to 10 PM
- Special Events: LOBSTER MADNESS EVERY FRIDAY THROUGH APRIL 18th - Two 1.25lb lobsters for $39.95!
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot"s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville - Best Restaurants in Warrenville ›
Eddie Merlot's - Warrenville reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)romantic (76)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I want to let the Owner/Upper Managemnt know that Black people do notice when the are not seated in the front or main part of a resturant, just in case you didn't think we do. My black family of 4 was walked past several opened tables for 4 in the front part of this restaurant and taken to the back right by the kitchen door, I told the hostess that we would NOT sit here, I could tell she was just as uncomfortable as I was, I told her to sit us at a better table and she did find us a nice table so that we might enjoy the ambiance of the resturant instead of the noise of the kitchen. As we ate our meal I kept my eye on the open table in the main part of the resturant and not to my surprise no one ever sat at those tables
- AuntieEVIPDined on 9/18/2014Great meal and great service. Filet was done to perfection and the Brussels sprouts are to die for.Special Features:
- Comfortable chairsFoodieDonDined on 9/17/2014We think the manager--Jeff is very attentive and he made the dinner pleasant.
- ServiceBklynguyDined on 9/14/2014Never disappointed with the service or the food at this restaurant. Absolutely excellent! Half price wine on Sunday is a great idea.Special Features:
- Very good food, substandard serviceDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Poor hostess and waiter experiences; felt like we were dining at TGI Fridays. Hostess inexperienced/undertrained. Waiter was hurried (appeared to have tables in two different dining rooms) and was very slow to first arrive at our table and took way too long between courses. Also, plates from previous course left on table until the next course brought out. We had empty/dirty dishes on our table for far more time than we had food. Food was very good. Shrimp cocktail appetizer, lobster bisque soup, Waldorf salad, filet mignon and crab cakes were exceptional. Caesar salad was below average. Bottom line...a disappointing experience. Food was very good, but service was bad, particularly when considering the price point of Eddie Merlot's.Special Features:
- Fantastic PlaceDwpLjpVIPDined on 9/13/2014My filet was cooked to perfection medium rare with a wonderful tasty char on the surface per my detailed request. Wines by the glass were deelish and I asked the bartender for a Vieux Carre complicated martini and she figured it out and made a delicious one with a smile on her face. This restrnt is awesome.
- New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Been here twice (on Valentine's Day and one year anniversary) and the food and service was impeccable both times. Of course it was mobbed on Valentine's Day, and even though we were there for a few hours, our server was very conscientious about us waiting and apologized for the wait several times throughout the meal. And even though it was crowded, we were moved to a new table right away when we'd finally had enough of the rude patrons next to us. For our one year anniversary, they had all of the servers personally sign an anniversary card for us. On both occasions, the food was amazing. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- JUST CANT BEAT A 21 DAY AGED STEAK.DougDDined on 9/12/2014All of the beef at Eddie Merlot's beef is dry aged a minimum of 21 days. This makes it one of the most tender steaks you have ever eaten, regardless of the cut desired!! From the filet to the cowboy ribeye to the New York strip, they are all Execellent. If you haven't eaten here, you need to make the effort to do so.Special Features:
- Service vs. foodChiGuyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Hard to say what was better...the food or the service. Both were excellent, but our server was the best we have ever had at a public restaurant - she made us feel like we were at a private club! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAUANT!!Special Features:
- I'll be BackBusinessTravelerDined on 9/10/2014Have been to the Licolnshire Eddie Merlot's and have recommended that to colleagues. First time to this spot in Warrenville. Equally impressed. Great steak and friendly and attentive service. Can't miss combination.Special Features:
- First Class all the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Simply an outstanding night. Great service and outstanding food.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/7/2014It was a Sunday,being the start of the football season, and was a very nice day. The place was 90 percent empty. The food was just OK, the service was extremely poor. I probably will not go back.Special Features:
- Girl's Night Outlove2eatDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated a birthday for one of our friends and had Ted as our waiter. He is exceptional and makes you feel special. The decor in the restaurant is very friendly and vibrant and the food always meets our expectations. A favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Michelle was a wonderful wait person. The service was excellent and the food was top notch. Thank you for a great meal!Special Features:
- very DisappointingRoseyDined on 9/6/2014When you go to a restaurant with this pricepoint, you should not have to send back your dinner two times because it is improperly cooked!
- Overall, not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014Although the food was excellent, the service needs to improve. The resturant was not busy and yet the service was not attentive. Management did its best to compensate their short falls but, I would hate to see it on a busy night. Too bad, I had high hopes.
- GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGHSCM4Dined on 8/31/2014The food at Eddie Merlot's was admittedly good, although not good enough to warrant the price or tell my friends that they must try it. (Although if you do go, try the fried shrimp appetizer in a light coating with a sweet yet understated glaze.) The waiter had a very agreeable demeanor, but we did not get the kind of service that you expect from a restaurant in this price scale. My water never got filled up the entire meal. I ended up taking my wife's water as she had ordered an ice tea. The décor reminded us of being in an upscale cruise ship. Modern but not too over-the-top. All in all, it was a nice experience, but not nice enough for the price. I have had just as good or better food and service at a less costly rate.
- Always SpecialjimboitisDined on 8/31/2014Even the salads are excellent; try the creamy mint (and I don't like mint!) salad dressing Chateaubriand truly melts in your mouthSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceDeedeeDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had a lovely evening at Eddie Merlot's celebrating our wedding anniversary. The menu is wide and diverse with something for everyone which we appreciated. We opted for steak and a mixed grill which were both excellent and cooked to perfection and the side dishes which were especially interesting were super delicious. Even though they had a wedding party going in in the private room, we found the service to be top notch. Beautiful dining room. Pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced for a steakfood chainTemporaryResidentOfNYCDined on 8/29/2014The service was good, the setting was good, but the quality of the food was not so good. Over-priced steak and the sea bass was WAY over salted. I was very disappointed. I would honestly not recommend this place. If you want steak, go to a real steakhouse like Sullivan's or Morton's. Sorry to say this, but it is not worth the money. They did have an incredible wine list and interesting cocktails list though, so I would certainly recommend cocktails, but not the food.
- Very pleasedwaterdivaDined on 8/26/2014We had an important client in town and Eddie Merlot's worked out well for a group of eight for an early dinner. The food selections were very nice with a good wine list in a comfortable setting. The service was great. We had success in engaging our guests without any effort or fuss to worry about. We will certainly come here again.Special Features:
- Delicious and FunDwpLjpVIPDined on 8/25/2014Great service, we had the fun red/white wine flight and each individual bottle was brought to the table and the wine was introduced to us in interesting fashion. Best bread in the world, even better than French baguettes! Both my wife and I loved our entrees. Classy place.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014The Warrenville Eddie Merlot's is definitely a hidden gem. The food and the service are always outstanding. This has become our favorite place to go for special occasions, but we also go as a treat to ourselves once or twice a month for Sunday night "half price bottle of any wine you can purchase by the glass" night. Because this location is off the beaten path, it is less crowded than the other Eddie Merlot's locations, giving it a much more relaxed and comfortable setting. Give it a try. It will not disappoint!Special Features:
- ServiceThorDined on 8/23/2014Our server had only worked there for 3 days and was a bit slow on our requests for service.Special Features:
- ribeyeguyDined on 8/23/2014Four of us ordered drinks, wine, and dinner. It's very well paced unless you are in a hurry. I had the pork chop - did not care for the glaze but it was cooked to perfection. Our friends ordered the chateaubriand medium. It was medium rare so they took it back, came back medium. My wife ordered the filet mignon and it was perfect for her even though filet mignon is not her normal first choice. Appetizers are very good - some visit we may go for the appetizers alone. Everything is basically ala carte unless they're doing a package. It's not a kid place (no kid menu (?)) but kids were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SREVICEGrfoodDined on 8/23/2014MY WIFE AND MY SELF HAD A GREAT TIME. THE FOOD WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. i HAD A CRAFT BEER THAT WAS VERY GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!GamGamVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was great, staff was great, and a beautiful restaurant. Definitely 5 stars. Great suburban restaurant close to home for special occasions. A real find.Special Features:
- HatchieVIPDined on 8/22/2014After being at our table for our first round of drinks, two couples sat down next to us who had previously been at the bar, and were practically shouting at each other for their conversation. Our conversation had to stop because we couldnt hear each other!!!! We asked the manager if there was another open table we could move to and he moved us within 5 minutes. The other table was obnoxious and really spoiled our evening. However, we were taken care of and the food as always was very good.Special Features:
- OutstandingFABULOUSDined on 8/19/2014Food was top notch the service also top notch. We are planning a wedding reception and the manager was more than helpful and very responsive to all our needs. I LOVE this place!!Special Features:
- steveDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and service, unfortunate that it seems to be a hidden gem, not a lot of patrons when we have been in. Hope it catches on.Special Features:
- Eddie Merlot's - Warrenvillle. ILBabyBoomerDined on 8/18/2014We had a miserable experience. The restaurant was basically empty. Two other tables and a private party in another room. Our server had one of the other tables, a twosome. The server was inattentive and the noise from the kitchen was ridiculous. Sounded like the staff was tossing trays and fry pans. We asked for quiet twice and nothing happened the third time (finally asking our server, she seemed to close the kitchen door or something because the noise did mute.) Cocktails took over 20 minutes to serve then she left without taking our appetizer order. When she did take the appetizer order she told us there were 5 pieces of shrimp and 4 pieces of Ahi wonton. We only got 4 pieces of shrimp and when we mentioned this she said oh wellSpecial Features:
- Great Find in NapervillethinkpostDined on 8/16/2014The food here was some of the best I've had lately. The calamari was especially well made as an appetizer. The steaks were very well prepared. The bone-in ribeye was very flavorful and the filet was unbelievably tender. All of the sides we had, garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and brussel sprouts, were very tasty. The carrot cake for desert was also especially good. The service was very knowledgeable and attentative, but not stuffy. We did not sit outside, but the outside dining area looked very nice. I definitely think this is a place to try.Special Features:
- pretty in concept lacking executionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014bartenders were bad, drink were not good, sent two drinks back nice menue but food was only ok
- Very pricey for the suburbs andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014there was no one in the dining area except for my table. I think there may have been 3 tables being used on the patio, but overall a ghost townSpecial Features:
- Crab Louie SaladmarybDined on 8/11/2014This was my first time at this restaurant and I can't say enough about it. The ambience is wonderful. I had the crab louie which was presented beautifully and tasted fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is awesome.DfromNapervilleDined on 8/9/2014Came on a good night no wait. The food was wonderful. Had the crabcakes, wedge salad, & sea bass. Third visit and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantGearyDined on 8/9/2014Great place, service could have been faster. The waitress was very nice and knew the menus, just slower than we expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014This place was perfect for the occasion, I made resos for 8 people for my boyfriends birthday and service was great, food was also. I normally like livelier atmosphere but with 8 of us that was all we needed. I will definitely go back when I am looking for a great meal with a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our 60th Wedding Anniversarytwj1935Dined on 8/7/2014We ended a beautiful day with a wonderful dinner at a great restaurant. Really enjoyed the evening. Our waiter Ruben was very cordial, Knowledgeable, and heled to make the evening perfect!Special Features:
- MaryemaryeDined on 8/2/2014Always excellent at Eddie Merlots even if its a little on the pricey side. Love their two person specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.