Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
444 Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (412) 235-7676
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Strabbing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh: Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)fit for foodies (109)good for groups (108)notable wine list (105)romantic (98)great for lunch (69)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (52)scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (11)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good food, great service!luv2dineDined on 11/15/2014The food was really good and our server was awesome! We had a party of 8 on a Saturday night...she was very patient and very helpful! Would definitely recommend the restaurant to others and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie MerlotsFLIPCHAKDined on 11/15/2014We had gone to Merlots previously with friends and decided to return to try some other menu items and we where not disappointed again, The oysters where the best we have had in recent memory anywhere and the steaks where as delicious as the first time. Although I would not recommend the Greg Norman cuts ( they are a bit overpriced and the regular New York Strips are great).Our server Andy was awesome and we will be back for more,, Keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdaychriseatsDined on 11/14/2014I brought my neighbors and wife out to celebrate their Birthdays on our monthly couples date night. Everyone loved the place and the food. If there is an appetizer better than their Bbq shrimp I have never found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The calamari appetizer was perfect. We ordered the marinated Rib-eye, it was very flavorful but a some what salty and the fat content was a bit much. Very nice decor and great place for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS! PITTSBURGH GEM!StaceyDined on 11/14/2014Everything about our experience was positive from the server to the extensive menu selections. It was all delicious....a note to dessert lovers... They make all their own desserts on site! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaVIPDined on 11/13/2014Great food and service. Beautiful decor. Was there for lunch for my first time eating here. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2014We went here for my wife's birthday. As always we were not disappointed. We have been to Eddie's several times since they have opened and have yet to have a bad meal. This is probably one of the best steak house we have ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, DON'T go for lunchpgirlVIPDined on 11/11/2014Today was my first time going to Eddie Merlot for lunch. I ordered a salad with Ahi tuna, key lime pie for dessert & I really enjoyed it. I wish it would have been more tart but it was still good. The complaint is the parking. What's going on in Pittsburgh? These people are absolutely delusional charging $23 to park anything over 2 hours. I was with a good friend so we were both over 2 hours & the restaurant doesn't validate, which is why I'm complaining here... Eddie Merlot has got to step up and validate parking or the Mayor of Pgh has got to control parking prices unless or until he can make it like NYC to charge NYC prices. Valet parking at high end LA restaurants is $8-$12, I don't know where anyone gets off charging $23 for Pgh.
- AWESOME!jodibrechtDined on 11/8/2014We had such a wonderful time! The food was great, the atmosphere was great, and the service was the best I have ever had! We had a really awesome server and I really wish I could remember his name because he was the best!Special Features:
- Good but over pricedKZS1Dined on 11/6/2014The food was good but over priced. This was the most expensive business dinner I have had in the past two years with a group that was smaller than usual. Wine list was not good for foodies. Lunch however is great and decent priced.Special Features:
- BSitterleDined on 11/5/2014Great place for a work lunch. Will come back again for a dinner with my husband and friends.Special Features:
- Nice experienceDHillVIPDined on 11/2/2014Eddie Merlot's Pittsburgh restaurant is beautiful. Overall, a wonderful experience. The service was excellent! My wife really enjoyed the Ahi Tuna main course. My filet was tasty, but I have had better at Morton's and Capital Grille. I had the wedge salad and it was just okay. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great spot1steadyweeklydinerpatronDined on 11/2/2014Great Steakhouse that is fresh, but classic. the floor to ceiling windows around the restaurant make it feel like you are sitting outside with all the comforts of the premium steakhouse. All the food was great from Lobster bisque and oysters to the Bison Ribeye and my Manhattan with Luxardo cherries, service was stellar and very attentive. they even checked my special request on Open table and brought in some special whiskey for my guests. You cant go wrong here at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cuisine, Ear-Splitting NoiseOrenVIPDined on 11/1/2014Beautiful new restaurant, comfortable, a good amount of space between tables, poor acoustics with deafening noise with a full dining room. The middle aged lady who seated us is the star of the staff: gracious, delightful, and charming. Service from Andrew was extraordinary, but too much information about the dishes and options was provided. Every item we ordered was artistically-presented and just as delicious as it was beautiful. Our entrees did not arrive for one hour due to a private party that was straining the kitchen, but that was partly made up to us by the provision of a complimentary and delicious carrot cake dessert. Prices are exorbitant, particularly $13 for an average-size martini. Regrettably, slovenly attire is welcome.
- Great RestaurantILuvitalienDined on 11/1/2014I was very impressed with this restaurant and will definitely go back. The food was excellent. My husband said his steak was the best steak he has had since he was at a notable steakhouse in Milwaukee. The meatloaf was to die for. This is a top notch restaurant that Pittsburgh is lucky to have in our city. Best restaurant I have been to in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but a bit expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We found the restaurant to be excellent with very attentive service staff and excellent food. The drinks were excellent, very nice selection of food with a special emphasis on steaks, and the selection of wines to be among the best in the city which should be expected when you go to a high end restaurant. It was a very nice evening in every respect. It does however rank in the top 2 or 3 restaurants for Pittsburgh in being expensive. While I have eaten in many places that were more expensive fortunately they are not in Pittsburgh. It will be a very nice special occasion place to go!Special Features:
- Great as the original!!SteakmanDined on 11/1/2014Our first dining experience was at the original Eddie Merlot's in Fort Wayne, IN - a five star experience!! Our experience here met all our expectations!! A very enjoyable evening!!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerPghcjhDined on 10/31/2014Great steaks, great ambiance, variety of non-steak entrees. Salads and dressings were delicious. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Service attentive, but not overbearing. Quality of food was superb. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014Great ambiance. Fantastic wait staff. Good variety on the menu, which will certainly inspire a few return trips. The Tomahawk is a must for steak lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at Eddie Merlot'smbstyDined on 10/30/2014Really enjoyed -- food, service, wine, desert -- everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- Disappointed..rvp7777Dined on 10/30/2014Had a 12:30 reservation for 3 for a business lunch. We showed up on time and weren't particularly slow. Nonetheless, we left at almost 2 PM. The reason offered is that there was a large party ahead of us but the restaurant was not even 1/2 full. Meat loaf was dry, lobster roll nothing special and the salad good. Place needs to up their game to justify prices.
- Pricey and Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014EM's is a good addition to the PGH dining scene. Many interesting dishes and reasonably sized portions. The duck was particularly good, as was the beet salad. The only questionn is value. It is expensive and at the edge of many persons' comfort zone, but we will go again. The rebuild of the space since Palomino creates a nice atmosphere and the staff is very well trained. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodandFunDined on 10/29/2014The food was very good as was the service. We loved the decor. We had a wonderful time and will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseZonker11Dined on 10/28/2014Eddie Merlot's in Pittsburgh has it's own source for the best cuts of meats and knows how to prepare them. For was timely and served exactly as you requested. As other great steakhouses you are willing to pay if it meets the standard. Eddie Merlot's meets that standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice alternativepatrickDined on 10/28/2014Nice alternative to traditional steak house. Urban feel, bright and airySpecial Features:
- Excellent!chshealDined on 10/27/2014Just had a fantastic dinner at Eddie Merlot's last night. The services was great from the very beginning until the moment we walked out the door - everyone was friendly and helpful without being overbearing. Our server, Bill offered the right amount of witty banter, spot-on food suggestions, and leave-us-aloney-ness. I highly recommend the BBQ grilled shrimp, it was perfect. My steak was done exactly as ordered. And the sides were delish! We were there on the early side on a Monday night, so it was on the quiet side (in a good way) but I can see where it could be noisy when the room is full.Special Features:
- Fantasticfoodlover364Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at how great this restaurant is. We had never been to Pittsburgh and fell onto this place. We were able to get late reservations and had an excellent meal. Portions were big and reasonably priced for a fine dining steakhouse.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Experience in PittburghLD515Dined on 10/25/2014Food was excellent! The drinks were fantastic! Awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably best steak in PittsburghFoodie4lifeDined on 10/25/2014Was very pleasantly surprised at how fabulous this place was. We have been to all the down high end steak places over the last few years & this was probably by far the best! I had the 16 oz bone in filet that was fall off the bone delishious but the star of the meal was husband's 22 oz prime bone in Ribeye! The flavor on the outside was unreal as was juiciness and beefy flavor (ordered medium rare). The baked potato sides were also great,being accompanied by the standard steakhouse cheese, bacon, sour cream, etc. We also each had a salad which were very large. We are definitely going to bring our 2 young children back here as it was not a super quiet, intimate place, but more of an open, inviting, happening place. And they have a kids menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchPattyDined on 10/24/2014A classy place for a business lunch- substituted grilled salmon on salad which was excellent, great coffee- even decaf, beautiful place, great service and private windowed dining rooms that would be great for special business events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/23/2014We celebrated my husband's recent birthday at Eddie Merlots. It had a great vibe going between the decore, service and good. We had a wonderful celebration and I have already recommended this restaurant to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie Merlot'sPeteVIPDined on 10/22/2014Excellent steaks and sides. As always a knowledgeable bartender and wait staff. Has valet parking and also next to a parking garage. This is an advantage in downtown Pittsburgh with its parking as nightmare scenario.Special Features:
- Great night!luv2dineDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated a friends special birthday and we informed Eddie Merlot's ahead of time. The wait staff could not have made it a better night for our friend. We had a terrific time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Spotverywisegurl33Dined on 10/20/2014They have a great lunch menu. I was in a time crunch and needed to make reservations and Eddie Merlot's came in clutch! Great menu, a little pricy but you can easily get a plate for around 17. If you're going out for a business lunch, also recommend it! Very professional atmosphere but it took a little longer than an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best new restaurantMarcDined on 10/18/2014Creative menu, very experienced staff. These guys get right what so many others fail at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RRiverDined on 10/16/2014GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE ESPECIALLY IN BAR AREA. Waiters added to flavor of restaurant and were very knowledgable regarding menu etc.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant!luvtoeatDined on 10/16/2014We've been to Eddie Merlots twice since they opened. Each time was great. The food, the service, the whole package!! The first time it was just my husband and me and the 2nd time we brought another couple along. They loved it as well! The service was perfect! Couldn't have asked for anything more! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBillDined on 10/16/2014Simply superb, wonderful menu and the service and ambiance are fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time HerePittJ31Dined on 10/15/2014Great Experience. Great Food and Great Service. The waitress went far and above what should be expected of a waitress. This may be the best service I've ever received while eating out in Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- MerlotsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014Service was exceptional. We enjoyed the lighter/open decor.Special Features: