Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
444 Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 4122357676
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Strabbing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh: Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)fit for foodies (110)notable wine list (108)romantic (99)good for groups (97)great for lunch (77)hot spot (54)vibrant bar scene (52)great for outdoor dining (47)scenic view (46)neighborhood gem (35)late-night find (12)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/23/2014We celebrated my husband's recent birthday at Eddie Merlots. It had a great vibe going between the decore, service and good. We had a wonderful celebration and I have already recommended this restaurant to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!luv2dineDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated a friends special birthday and we informed Eddie Merlot's ahead of time. The wait staff could not have made it a better night for our friend. We had a terrific time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014They have a great lunch menu. I was in a time crunch and needed to make reservations and Eddie Merlot's came in clutch! Great menu, a little pricy but you can easily get a plate for around 17. If you're going out for a business lunch, also recommend it! Very professional atmosphere but it took a little longer than an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RRiverDined on 10/16/2014GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE ESPECIALLY IN BAR AREA. Waiters added to flavor of restaurant and were very knowledgable regarding menu etc.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant!luvtoeatDined on 10/16/2014We've been to Eddie Merlots twice since they opened. Each time was great. The food, the service, the whole package!! The first time it was just my husband and me and the 2nd time we brought another couple along. They loved it as well! The service was perfect! Couldn't have asked for anything more! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBillDined on 10/16/2014Simply superb, wonderful menu and the service and ambiance are fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time HerePittJ31Dined on 10/15/2014Great Experience. Great Food and Great Service. The waitress went far and above what should be expected of a waitress. This may be the best service I've ever received while eating out in Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- MerlotsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014Service was exceptional. We enjoyed the lighter/open decor.Special Features:
- Exceptionalluv2dineDined on 10/13/2014My husband and I ate at Eddie Merlot's for the first time. It was our second wedding anniversary. The décor is beautiful and the service was impeccable. The double pork chop and the meatloaf entrees were excellent. We were surprised at the rather large portions. We will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends. We will definitely be back to try other entrees.Special Features:
- Great food but no serviceLuvGr8FoodDined on 10/11/2014The food was great, and the people were very friendly, but the service was horrible. Everything just seemed unorganized. The server had no help. Long wait for water and bread, long wait to order, longer wait for food, very long wait for the check. It seemed it would have been great had they just had food runners. Once we mentioned it, the managers seemed to pitch in and help. It may have been a fluke, but it was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Overall the place was good, just not great. I routinely eat at Ruth Cris, Morton's and Capital Grill. Eddie Merlots was trying to be on their scale, but still has some ways to go before I would consider them a high end steak house. Currently their pricing is in line with the others, but the service is still not where the others are. It felt more in line with an Outback type restaurant, not a prime steak and seafood restaurant. Water was never full,running out of bread, Having to ask for more wine rather than them just filling it up. Again the place was good, just not great. Lastly the food was nothing to write home about. Most places have a signature dish or something they are known for. Eddie Merlots just felt averageSpecial Features:
- Meat HeavenbmbomberDined on 10/10/2014Started out with their seasonal Charcuterie board. Absolutely amazing. Finished off with their bourbon glazed ribeye. Do not leave without having their fresh pressed coffee!Special Features:
- Service made the nightTheNettiePVIPDined on 10/10/2014We decided to try Eddie Merlot's before seeing David Gray. The restaurant is lovely, our waitress was wonderful. Basing my food review on their chartuterie & cheese plate as well as a few other appetizers. Having worked previously in a Wine & Cheese bistro perhaps I am spoiled. We will have to do full dinner next time to perhaps give a better review.Special Features:
- Great for special occasion.JakeEatsSteakAndTacosVIPDined on 10/9/2014My family and I are find of getting nice steaks for special occasions. It was my moms birthday and we decided on this. Great choice. Server was fantastic cocktails and wine was delicious. I personally got their bison ribeye and had truffle fries. It was deliscious. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Typical SteakhouseNycee43Dined on 10/8/2014Eddie Merlot's goes beyond the typical steakhouse menu to offer inventive twists on familiar items. In the day when restaurants are going with small specialized menus, this place keeps it large and delivers on each item offered. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambiance, Mediocre FoodGinoDined on 10/8/2014Three of us went, it was a business dinner. One of us had a NY steak, and he loved it ... the other a Pittsburgh style steak and he left a fair amount of gristle on the plate. I ordered the meatloaf which the waitress claimed as one of the best things on the menu ... I was very disappointed. Service was OK but waitress seemed scripted. I will try to find better alternatives when in Pittsburgh next.
- DisappointingPewnisJonesDined on 10/8/2014Although I love the open, bright, colorful decor, the food and service were disappointing once again. Confusingly, we had a succession of three waiters. The first went over the menu with us, and seemed very competent. We never saw him again. A second waiter took our order and asked if we wanted bread. Our orders came (with a third waiter, who also handled the check), and still no bread--we had to ask. It was clear waiter #2 had barely paid attention to my order: I asked for no bun (and the bun came), I asked for the meat medium-well (and it was red & mushy inside), and I asked for fries as my side (and got chips). All in all, overpriced and disappointing. I've heard it's better at dinner, but not sure I want to blow $50/person to check.
- Excellent ServiceChrisMiladinovichVIPDined on 10/8/2014I feel like Frank Sinatra when I go to Eddie Merlots. A special thanks to Pat and the whole service team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceDavidVIPDined on 10/6/2014I hosted a business lunch there and everything was excellent. Service was timely and friendly, food service was quick and the food itself was very good. Decor was also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!wxyzVIPDined on 10/4/2014The smoked salmon, ice berg salad, French onion soup, stroganoff, trio of filets, Brussel sprouts were all hits. No misses. The service was outstanding. A great wine list and well-made drinks tops it all off. Eddie Merlot’s is a great addition to the competitive Pittsburgh dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveOut4dinnerDined on 10/3/2014Completely satisfied with the total experience. Could not have been better.Special Features:
- A hidden Gem!FetzDined on 9/28/2014Great time; great waiter; great food after a disappointing Steeler game. Sunday wine specials at 1/2 off price off of a nice selection of wine choices is especially appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-Great, service-poorXanderDined on 9/27/2014There were 8 in our party. Nice decor. Food was great. Service slow and poor. Didn't bring one salad until all others were done. One steak very over done. Had to wait for that. Water glasses had to be asked to be refilled. Too much clutter will used dishes on table. Not the kind of service that I expect from an Eddie Merlots. We were comped dessert but, I would rather have excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service, wonderful food!PamlovesDined on 9/27/2014Can't say enough! Starting with the delectable calamari appetizer through to the cappuccino at the end.....awesome. Tuna was so very tasty, bread hot from the oven...can't think of one negative to say. Service was impeccable. I would highly recommend this restaurant for an evening out. Dress code was casual(no jeans) to dressy..saw all types.Special Features:
- High class and high dollarAdamVIPDined on 9/25/2014Very nice ambiance. Excellent service and friendly staff. Food was above average. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch spotLiogDined on 9/25/2014Great starters with the lobster bisque and the tuna wontons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crab louie salad not entree levelAngulaireDined on 9/22/2014I ordered the crab louie salad as my entree, and was disappointed with the dish. It was the size of a side salad, not an entree, and the crab meat was too fine. Also, I had the lobster bisque and found it way too thin and not very tasty. The one thing I liked was the coffee -- an individual french press is a great idea.
- livetorideDined on 9/20/2014When we were first seated, the waiter asked if we were celebrating a special occasion, which we were as it was our anniversary. We had oysters on the half shell, caesar salad, chateaubriand with mashed potatos and brussel sprouts and the bananas foster. Everything was wonderful. We were stuffed, but enjoyed every minute. As we were leaving, we were given a red velvet cupcake in honor of our anniversary.Special Features:
- expensive food for pittsburghOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014A vegas place in pittsburgh, Way to expensive but good food
- Excellent Food, Mediocre ServiceMNSLNSDined on 9/20/2014A group of six of us went to Eddie Merlot's for a birthday celebration. While the setting and the food lived up to the prices charged, the bar and service did not. Our drinks were either too weak (gin and tonic) or just didn't taste right (Bloody Mary), and the service was choppy at best with the waiter just not seeming like he was on top of taking care of our table. We were expecting service on par with The Capital Grille or Morton's, and that was not the case.Special Features:
- Great mealOutoftownerDined on 9/20/2014I ordered the ribeye and my fiancée ordered the beef stroganoff. The ribeye was the best steak I've had in 3-4 years. The beef stroganoff was excellent as well. Dinner was a on the expensive side, but well worth it. Will defiantly go back!Special Features:
- XxxxVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had an outstanding dining experience. Food was excellent. We loved the wine. Great service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Pittsburgh!RacetrackDined on 9/19/2014Beautifully decorated and amazing food at this great Pittsburgh restaurant! The bone-in filet was outstanding! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, but....DMCJFCDined on 9/13/2014Eddie's was very nice. Food was superb, wine list was thorough, if a bit pricey, and the space was lovely. Only negatives were the acoustics were not good...heard conversations from several tables away...and the time between courses was a bit too long. Overall, we were quite satisfied and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- lunchcrewVIPDined on 9/12/2014Service was great - food was just sad. Asked for medium burger (it was over cooked) - it was cooked all the way through - no pink at all. I also had fries with my meal and they were completely soggy and limp. They must have been fried an hour ago. Wish I took a picture of the sad fries. Very disappointed espcially for a $20 lunch. They were not even busy.
- Good food, service not so muchjomommajDined on 9/8/2014The food was high quality standard steak house fare. No real surprises. I had heard, prior to dining there, that the service was poor. We definitely experienced the same issue. We arrived on time for lunch a11:30 reservation. Food was slowly served and the waitress was unattentive after we ordered. Most restaurants in business districts, where Eddie Merlot's is located, understand that lunches need to be quickly served since most patrons have a one hour timeline. We left at 1pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMssybrittyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had great service and the food and wine was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impress577nitroVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is our 4th time to this Eddie Merlot's location and as above continues to impress. It is a welcome addition to the downtown dining scene for sure. The appetizer selection and quality is really, really good. Great cocktails and if you enjoy wines the selection and prices are fair. We have had a number of different entrees from the menu and each has been very good to excellent. Great location with valet or garage parking, great cocktails, outstanding service and food at fair prices for this type of restaurant and meal what more can one ask for??...go and ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newest steakhouse in PittsburghebpitVIPDined on 9/4/2014Large and contemporary dining room. Perfectly clean restroom!Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We had a party of 5 for lunch. Food and service were very good. Everyone liked what they ordered and portions were amble. We were celebrating a birthday so the waiter brought the birthday girl a cupcake with a candle which was a nice touch. I am not a big coffee drinker but it was the best coffee I have ever had. A little pricey but worth it especially for a special occasion. Been there for lunch and dinner and would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.