Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
444 Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 4122357676
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matt Strabbing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh: Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Eddie Merlot's - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (195)notable wine list (132)fit for foodies (112)romantic (112)great for lunch (101)good for groups (99)vibrant bar scene (75)scenic view (68)hot spot (62)great for outdoor dining (52)neighborhood gem (37)late-night find (13)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Very nice, but....DMCJFCDined on 9/13/2014Eddie's was very nice. Food was superb, wine list was thorough, if a bit pricey, and the space was lovely. Only negatives were the acoustics were not good...heard conversations from several tables away...and the time between courses was a bit too long. Overall, we were quite satisfied and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- lunchcrewDined on 9/12/2014Service was great - food was just sad. Asked for medium burger (it was over cooked) - it was cooked all the way through - no pink at all. I also had fries with my meal and they were completely soggy and limp. They must have been fried an hour ago. Wish I took a picture of the sad fries. Very disappointed espcially for a $20 lunch. They were not even busy.
- Good food, service not so muchjomommajDined on 9/8/2014The food was high quality standard steak house fare. No real surprises. I had heard, prior to dining there, that the service was poor. We definitely experienced the same issue. We arrived on time for lunch a11:30 reservation. Food was slowly served and the waitress was unattentive after we ordered. Most restaurants in business districts, where Eddie Merlot's is located, understand that lunches need to be quickly served since most patrons have a one hour timeline. We left at 1pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMssybrittyDined on 9/7/2014We had great service and the food and wine was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impress577nitroDined on 9/5/2014This is our 4th time to this Eddie Merlot's location and as above continues to impress. It is a welcome addition to the downtown dining scene for sure. The appetizer selection and quality is really, really good. Great cocktails and if you enjoy wines the selection and prices are fair. We have had a number of different entrees from the menu and each has been very good to excellent. Great location with valet or garage parking, great cocktails, outstanding service and food at fair prices for this type of restaurant and meal what more can one ask for??...go and ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newest steakhouse in PittsburghebpitDined on 9/4/2014Large and contemporary dining room. Perfectly clean restroom!Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We had a party of 5 for lunch. Food and service were very good. Everyone liked what they ordered and portions were amble. We were celebrating a birthday so the waiter brought the birthday girl a cupcake with a candle which was a nice touch. I am not a big coffee drinker but it was the best coffee I have ever had. A little pricey but worth it especially for a special occasion. Been there for lunch and dinner and would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodCliffDined on 8/31/2014Good food and great service. The wine list is endless. They have a rewards program too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we took L's parentsnlnnnnnDined on 8/31/2014and they loved it. EM is a Sunday staple for us. we all had apps, salads, Chateaubriand, desserts and coffees.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceThb113Dined on 8/29/2014Eddie Merlot's has it all, the ambiance, amazing service, & divine food. They focus on the details and make your overall experience outstanding. Perfectly cooked steak and seafood. The carrot cake is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie Merlots - Very Classy!1happydinerDined on 8/29/2014I was very impressed with the decor (extremely comfortable chairs), a very refreshing change from the usual dark steak houses. iPads on the table provide the drink menu...so cool. Cindy, our waitress, could not have been more attentive. Everything from the 'smoking' shrimp cocktail to the gourmet red velvet cupcakes and milk was perfection. Loved, loved, loved the short-rib meatloaf. I have already raved to all my family and friends - will definitely return for another awesome dining experience. Eddie Merlots is the best in the burgh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no much comment due to first visit.HarryDined on 8/29/2014I'll try to have dinner next time and let you know some comments more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unripe tomatoesCarasmomDined on 8/28/2014I had the caprese salad with mozzarella cheese, oil and tomatoes. This is the peak season for tomatoes and they were definitely unsavory. Would have expected better from this high-end restaurant. Otherwise the food was very good.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedCharlie35Dined on 8/27/2014Definitely a "special occasion" kind of place, but we enjoyed special features that were good values for the price. Service was exceptional from the minute we walked in the door. Will return here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food. Expensive but not over the top. Service is impeccable. Reasonable prices for wine by the bottle. I have been there multiple times in the past and will continue to patronize this restaurant.Special Features:
- Service outstandingdoctorofloveDined on 8/23/2014Ask for Kate if you can...she is absolutely the best!Special Features:
- Great Place! Will return.JohnBDined on 8/23/2014Wagyu Tomahawk Ribeye, amazing! Bartender helped make a great evening making an NA drink for my pregnant wife. Service was attentive and suggested great dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Eddie Merlot's remains our favorite Pittsburgh steakhouse!Special Features:
- Great interview location!WantmoreDined on 8/19/2014My coworker and I took our two interviewees to lunch at Eddie Merlots, and it was a wonderful choice. The service was exceptional, and the food was good. I was disappointed by the lobster bisque, but apparently their french onion soup is great. I highly recommend their desserts! They are amazing and huge! I got the carrot cake while the others in my party got the chocolate peanut butter dessert as well as the crème brulee. From what I tried, they were all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I love this place. I've had dinner and lunch here and what a great place. Burger for lunch was amazing... my favorite was Ruth's Chris, now not so sure. Dinner the other night was outstanding. Service was spot on and the food was great. Apps were also very very good. We had about one of everything (big group) and it was all just amazing. May be my new favorite dinner location downtown.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The restaurant is very beautiful. I've only been there during the week when the patio is not open. The service is very nice. I have ordered from the Chef's Creations each time I've been there. What a deal! $30 for a choice of about six entrees, plus a huge and delicious Caesar salad. I'm sure there super duper steaks are awesome, but I would not attempt a $50 chunk of meat. It is a nice setting for special occasions, or any occasion at all. I have taken some well-traveled business guests from Dallas to Eddie's, and they ask to go back when they return to the 'burgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKristinDined on 8/11/2014Two thumbs up on our first visit to Eddie Merlot's. Excellent steaks and delicious side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob1Dined on 8/9/2014Second time eating there was wonderful just like our first time great food great service . We will return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new steakhousevicsrgnDined on 8/9/2014We went to Eddie Merlot on a Saturday to celebrate our daughter's graduation from High School. The service was outstanding. We had 2 excellent waitresses who were helpful and knowledgeable about the food . Food selection was extensive and my wife had a grouper that was perfectly prepared. The filets were cooked to perfection and very tender. Wine selection is very good. Special occasion restaurant. Doesn't feel stuffy or snobbish. Nice décor. We'll return.Special Features:
- lOVELY sURPRISElemondropDined on 8/7/2014I DINED AT EDDIE MERLOTS FOR THE FIRST TIME TWO MONTHS AGO FOR DINNER WE TOOK THREE OUT OF TOWN GUESTS TO DINNER AT EDDIE MERLOTS FIRST OF ALL, I THINK IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RESTAURANT IN PITTSBURGH. I LIKED IT SO MUCH BECAUSE OF THE GREAT ATMOSPHERE THAT I WENT BACK THE FOLLOWING EVENING WITH A FRIEND. I WENT AGAIN WITH TWO OF MY BROTHERS AND THEIR WIVES. tHEN AGAIN WITH FOUR OF MY GRANDAUGHTERS EVERYONE I TOOK TO EDDIE MERLOT'S LOVED IT I PLAN TO GO BACK AGAIN AND AGAINSpecial Features:
- Awesome Experience!UrbanFoodyDined on 8/7/2014The food, service and ambiance was perfect. Entertained dear friend and client and they were delighted. My guest had food allergies that the staff took very seriously and offered selections that provided my guest with a fabulous meal and evening! My wife and I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant, good foodBooklover15216Dined on 8/6/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the food is wonderful. The staff is friendly and the food arrived quickly. My only complaint would be the noise level. I felt as if I was yelling the entire time.Special Features:
- Always great serviceDerekDined on 8/3/2014We have been pleased every time we dine at Eddie Merlot's. Always good food, great ambiance and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDavenAbbyDined on 8/3/2014Reservations were easy to make on line. Sent a request to have a bottle of champagne ready when we arrive...it was there, chilled ready to go! The server was funny and professional both. The food was excellent! Highly recommend Eddie'sSpecial Features:
- Great Way to Celebrate AnniversaryPhatAndHappyDined on 8/2/2014On the menu was a dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine. We each had melt in your mouth filet's salad & green beans. Excellent food and the special made it very affordable. Our waiter David among the best that I've ever had!!! Both Friendly & efficient. We had a to die for chocolate brown vanilla bean ice cream cognac dessert. Compares very favorably with Ruth Chris 0r Capital Grill!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 8/2/2014Superb service (thanks to Jeff) and fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Service and food were excellent. Beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Not so fast Eddie'sCrocadileRock2014Dined on 7/31/2014Service was patient and pleasant but a bit slow. Took forever for entrees to arrive, but we weren't rushing. The welcome staff are first rate and my requests for seating were honored. Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined here twice. Great experience.occasionaldinerDined on 7/31/2014A bit pricey for lunch. Good for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 7/29/2014The food was great. I really liked the ambience. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuisinePgh326CuisinePgh326Dined on 7/28/2014My employer is a tenant in Gateway Four in downtown Pittsburgh, so Eddie Merlot's has become a go-to place for lunch, especially if we're celebrating something or welcoming a new employee. Overall, we've had good experiences at this restaurant, which just opened this spring. Food is consistently good. Nice menu selection for lunch including beef, seafood, flatbreads, salads, soups and sandwiches. Generous portions and nice presentation. Service has also been good. Knowledgeable and friendly servers. Service is a little slower at lunch with a big party, which is something we anticipated given that the space fills up during lunch. Pretty noisy in the restaurant, driven by the acoustics. However, the noise level isn't intolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in the City!2guysDined on 7/26/2014Discovered Eddie Merlot's while wondering around the city on Saturday morning. Peeked in the window and looked at the posted menu since they were closed. Decided to go online and make a reservation for dinner that night prior to seeing Bill Maher at Heinz Hall. My partner & I decided upon the Napa Valley Summer Grill dinner for two with a bottle of wine. To sum it up.....great restaurant, awesome food & service......will be a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSherryDined on 7/25/2014Great service. Food was as expected but ask for Cameron. He did not disappoint and was extremely attentive. It was for my birthday and he made it a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration6burghfoodieDined on 7/25/2014Four of us had the pleasure of dining at Pittsburgh's best new steak house! The food was excellent....best steaks in town. I had the tuna and it was amazing. Wine list was extensive. Complimentary dessert was delivered in honor of the birthday. Love the decor. It is so fresh and bright. Server could have been a little more friendly.Special Features:
- Beautiful Inside, Great FoodLoveYummyFoodDined on 7/23/2014I took my parents to Eddie Merlot's for their 54th Wedding Anniversary. When we walked in, the bar was BUSY and as soon as we checked in, we were seated at our table for five. Our server was good...especially in the beginning. Our reservation was for 5:45pm but there was a Pirate Game and we didn't arrive until 6:05. No problem. The bread was to DIE for. And I split a shrimp cocktail with my daughter as did my mom and other daughter. The cocktail sauce was spicy and yummy. And the shrimp were huge and came out 'smokin'...the presentation unforgettable! I ordered a 7 oz filet. It was excellent! We ordered three sides with dinner. The truffle fries, YUM...the asparagus, perfect...and mashed potatoes, really good. We all loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.