Eddie Merlot's - Louisville
455 S. 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Louisville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 5025843266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 2pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Lusiak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot"s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are several private rooms and semi-private areas to choose from according to your needs from 10 people to 300. Eddie Merlot's Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Lynch 5025843266
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Louisville
Eddie Merlot"s Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire, also live music on weekends in the lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Eddie Merlot's - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Eddie Merlot's - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)romantic (89)notable wine list (67)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (36)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (17)great for brunch (8)scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent Food!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I never write reviews however I had to after having dinner at this place. The food was excellent and the ambiance was great. I had the sea bass and all I can say is OMG!!! Melts in your mouth. It is worth every penny...definitely will be back:-)..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Celebrated a graduation and birthday at Eddie Merlot's and it was amazing! The server was knowledgeable and right on time with our every need. The food was outstanding! The dessert was to die for and the presentation of the dessert was a show in and of itself! Not one regret about dining at Eddie Merlot's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Eddie Merlots is the ultimate romantic spot. Made date night a success. I had the Escargot as an appetizer and also Steak Diane for my entree. The ambiance was so elegant and relaxing. Our waiter Darrin was very knowledgable about the wine list and he was friendly and sweet. The lighting was perfect. Not too loud at all. I can't wait to return and I have also recommended to my family and friends. Our food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Food was very good, service excellent, an overall enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- 25th AnniversaryRumpole43Dined on 8/26/2014We were there for our anniversary. We did not announce it, they asked. We also explained that because of a medical condition I was required to be gluten-free. At the end of the meal the wait staff asked if we wanted to see a dessert menu. We said, Yes. A few minutes later the wait staff brought us complimentary anniversary desserts--Red Velvet cupcakes. Needless to say, I was disappointed. They quickly recovered and brought creme brulee. Other than that slip up our evening was perfect. In fact, the wait staff asked what temperature we wanted our meat entree. I said, 155-160 for the filet and it may have been the best filet I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2/23/2014 dinning experienceScottandEdithDined on 8/23/2014Lobster bisque was flavorless. Mushrooms, side item, were also very bland. Bone in rib eye was over cooked. asked for medium rare-medium and it was medium well-well done. After dinner coffee was wonderful. The crème brulee was given to us due to the food quality and it was not edible. Tasted like plain vanilla pudding. My fiancée drinks Bud Light and they were out.
- Terrible ExperienceJenneypartyof4Dined on 8/23/2014Eddie Merlot's is my favorite restuarant!!!! celebrate all special occasions there and entertain all clients/business partners. It is my go-to when my husband and I need a night out. I will seriously re-think that after my experience Saturday night. It was the WORST service I have recieved from a fine dining restaurant ever. I am mad that I spent $300 for that experience. Our server was extremely casual with us....too casual. Our drinks from the bar were never refilled, we were never offered bread, our appetizers were over cooked, we wanted dessert but had to wait so long to see the server that we decided to just leave. The service recieved from the water attendant was better than the server that got the $60 tip!!!Special Features:
- Excellent service/Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had such a nice meal the night before, we returned the next night while in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great serviceSaraDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent! One of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Service was great, staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDrBradDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful decor and friendly staff. Food was delicious and timing was nearly perfect. Highly recommended for steak and seafood lovers and prices in line with Ruth's Chris which is high but the quality was great. House wine was enjoyed thoroughly by all who tried. Limited reservation times made well in advance but restaurant was barely utilized with less than 1/3 of tables seated. Ample staff appeared present to support all tables. Quality of food, service and ambience was outstanding and would certainly recommend Eddie Merlot's to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014Very nice! Excellent service and food! Chopped salad is a must!Special Features:
- AverageDisappointedDined on 8/19/2014I had dined at EM's in Columbus prior to my Louisville visit and had the best steak I ever had. Hoping to repeat in Louisville but it didn't happen. One common theme between locations I did notice is that the bartenders are "too cool for school". My visit to Columbus and Louisville had us hanging out at the bar prior to dinner and the bartenders were unfriendly and non engaging. I wasn't looking for a new friend but bartenders are typically a first point of contact to diners and they should have a better customer relations attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceniceDined on 8/16/2014very nice, enjoyed the food, service. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with Good FriendKnowswheretogoDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent and service very good. My only problem was that I did not leave enough time for a great dinner before my show. I was having so much fun and enjoying the dinner that I almost missed the 8:00 curtain time. When I informed the waiter I was late for my show I expected a quicker response but it seemed that it took a long time to get my bill and settle. It was probably just me that I was anxious and the time seemed to go much more slowing than it did. If I could do it again, I would have made my reservations earlier so I could have enjoyed a more leisurely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eddieCapGrillVIPDined on 8/14/2014I thought the food and the service were great. There is a varied menu with plenty to chose from.Special Features:
- Special AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We were celebrating our 30th Anniversary, and Eddie Merlot's was the perfect place to do so. The atmosphere is very romantic, and we enjoyed our evening. One tiny little complaint - the restaurant was not full by any means when we were dining, and we were enjoying some privacy at our table. A group of four, very loud patrons was seated right next to us. There were two complete rows of tables open. The hostess didn't even give us a buffer table in between. We were near the end of our meal anyway, but it kind of killed the moment, and the rest of our meal and dessert were spent listening to their conversation despite trying not to. Slightly frustrating to say the least.Special Features:
- Steak Havencarson4nowDined on 8/8/2014We were fortunate to get a reservation at the last minute during the PGA tournament this past weekend. Overall it was a very good dining experience for us. Their steaks were great and the bison ribeye was, as promised, a lean tasty steak. Service was good but it could have been a bit more attentive. The bartender was challenged to make a martini for my wife but they they remake it to her satisfaction. If we get back to Louisville, we will go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCharleyDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I celebrated my 60th birthday at Eddie Merlot's this past week. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived until we left. We had a cocktail at the bar prior to going to our table which was a booth in a quaint area of the restaurant for basically the two of us to share a nice romantic birthday celebration. The crab cakes were succulent, steaks done exactly per our requests and the lobster mac and cheese, cannot say enough about this remarkable dish. The dining experience was exactly as I had hoped it would be and we will return before my next birthday!! Wait staff friendly, helpful and cheerful!!!Special Features:
- Exceptional experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014We had dinner during PGA and it was exceptional. The seafood appetizers with a spicy cocktail sauce was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at its best!MrsJules8410Dined on 8/6/2014My 4 year anniversary is 8/4 so I took my girlfriend here. She was very impressed. The ambiance is awesome. It's very romantic and personal. We got engaged that night 8/6 so it will forever be a memory! We will most definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieDined on 8/3/2014Although VERY expensive, this was by far, one of the best meals I've ever had! The staff is outstanding!Special Features:
- Great date night dinnerEscapeDined on 8/2/2014Everything was fantastic - from the ease of making reseravtions to the delightful food. Just wish we had saved room for dessert!Special Features:
- LewiDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is not on it's game. They can't decide if they want to be eighborhood casual or upscale The steaks were cooked incorrectly. A request for medium well, was medium rare. We were not asked if the steaks were as ordered. Bus boys were intrusive and our server admitted the job "paid the bills" which explained the casualness with our table, but inattention to details. (had to request dressing, had to request bread with meal - at these prices, should be standards not exceptions). Given the competition in Louisville, I could not recommend this for a special occasion.Special Features:
- tallygirlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Service and food were outstanding. Table location awful. We were in a fast traffic zone with waiters running by us all night one after the other. We were a small three top with my retired dad and his two daughters to celebrate and wished it was more quiet. At one point they tried to bring a party between the post and our table and the lady didn't fit. Just too tight location and too busy movements for such a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diningagift61Dined on 8/2/2014great evening, good food and fine ambience good service but priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placebruceDined on 8/2/2014We had excellent food and a great service, right in the heart of Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldiesguyDined on 8/1/2014Great meal - service staff was nicely patient with our desire to just take some time for dinner - phenomenal wall art Chateaubriand for the two of us was out-of-this-world.....They know what Medium-Rare minus means....... Will be going back.Special Features:
- Kind of pricey.CriscoDined on 7/31/2014Quality of food not in par with the $. However, this was my 1st experience w/this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great service - good foodLyleVIPDined on 7/26/2014The service was excellent the food was just good. We heard amazing things about the steaks and they were good but may have been over hyped
- Anniversary DinnerMisterBDined on 7/26/2014Calimari appetizer was good, likely battered. Large helping of lobster bisque. Boneless filet was excellent. My wife had the ribeye, ordered medium; slightly overcooked. Even though we didn't have dessert, a nearby table had the bandannas foster prepared table side and looked outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice except the steakMarkDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful experience except the steak! Med rare ribeye (Oscar) was nearly raw and tough. Offered to re-fire, but being Oscar and cut up, was not an option really, so I had to decline. In my experience, anywhere else it would have been replaced. Provided free dessert, but they hold themselves out for fine beef. I very rarely speak up, just don't return, but did in this case.Special Features:
- BillDined on 7/22/2014One ot the best Louisville Steak Houses better than some of the more famous been to Merlots in Inidana and this restaurant is no exception to great food at a good valueSpecial Features:
- Great placefood12Dined on 7/21/2014We have come here for our one year and to celebrate an event. They are very nice and have wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionPresgirl5592Dined on 7/19/2014Overall, we love the whole experience of Eddie Merlit's. We were there to celebrate my b/fs b-day. Everything was excellent, except for the green beans. They were flavorless and over cooked. My filet mignon was so tender, you have cut it with a regular knife. The calamari in the edible rice bowl and 3 sauces was fabulous, although a little pricey at $14.00. The dining room us very comfortable and romantic!Special Features:
- Special NightBillisHotDined on 7/19/2014Delicious! Made my daughters 21st Birthday so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for AnniversaryEat2live502Dined on 7/16/2014Seating was what we asked for. The service was okay. The drinks Nd food were very nice. Our view of the city added to a very romantic evening. It was first class. Our take home items were prepared for us. I was impressed that an online reservation worked flawlessly. I would choose Merlots again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePottsDined on 7/16/2014The Food and Service was fabulous. Amanda was our waitress and did a great job in making food and wine suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topping are extra-- just like pizzajoggerDined on 7/9/2014The steaks have "enhancements". You can either have your steak plain, or you can pay extra for enhancements. We ordered our steaks without the enhancements. The steaks were really good- great cuts of very good meat - but they tasted a little bland. We enjoyed our steak, but they could have been a little more flavorful. My wife always orders her steaks well done. The outer edges of the steak were charcoal. Nonetheless, there was plenty of meat in the middle of the cut that she ate, and she filled herself up. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. Service was a little slow due to lack of sufficient waiters for the crowd. The steak was good, the service was good, the ambiance was good, but just not great.Special Features:
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014We spent our anniversary at Eddie Merlots and had a wonderful dinner. We enjoyed the summer grill promotion. I had the filet and my husband had the grouper. Everything was delicious and we felt it was a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAnniveraryfoodieDined on 7/9/2014Every anniversary my husband and I chose a fancy restaurant to splurge on. This year we hit a slam dunk at eddies. The service and food were fantastic and the restaurant was beautiful inside. They even provided us with a delicious complimentary red velvet cupcake to celebrate our special occasion! It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.