Eddie Merlot's - Louisville
455 S. 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Louisville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (502) 584-3266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 2pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Lusiak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot"s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are several private rooms and semi-private areas to choose from according to your needs from 10 people to 300. Eddie Merlot's Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Lynch 5025843266
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Louisville
Eddie Merlot"s Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire, also live music on weekends in the lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Eddie Merlot's - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Eddie Merlot's - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (89)notable wine list (59)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (38)hot spot (17)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (14)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014It was our first time to Eddie Merlot's. We decided late in the week to make reservations for a Friday night. Needless to say all the hype about the restaurant lived up to our our expectations. The food was awesome. The staff was professional and very courteous. We will definitely re visit as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BKTWorthwhileDined on 11/19/2014Decor is nicely done and the noise level was quiet even with a fairly full dining area. Staff were attentive but not overly so. Food was superb. Prepared just as requested. Wine by the glass offerings could be improved. Very limited. Special occasion to celebrate a birthday. Eddie Merlot's does not make any small gesture of occasion. I'm not expecting wait staff to gather and sing but perhaps a small item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in the center of everythingDen75Dined on 11/14/2014Great date night location. Peaceful atmosphere with friendly wait staff. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for as everything was excellent and prepared as asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome...except for the screaming kid!KulerfullVIPDined on 11/13/2014The dinner was excellent! The service was top notch, the food was perfect...the only low point was the screaming kid at a table near ours...why would you ever bring a kid to a classy place like Eddie Merlots! The restaurant was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Our server was exceptional as was our Wagyu steak. We ordered a very fine bottle of California Cabernet as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMLRGLRDined on 11/7/2014Or meal and experience there was wonderful, it couldn't have been better, from the service, to the food, to the atmosphere, wonderful.Special Features:
- GreatChachaDined on 11/7/2014Food was very good, service was great and overall experience fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Great Food and the wait staff was very attentive. The only annoying thing is I had a side dish that finally showed up half way through eating my steak, but the Sweet Potato Casserole was unbelieveably good.Special Features:
- surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014ordered 2 vodka martinis, was not asked what brand. On the tab was 2 Grey Goose @$14.99 ea Did not confront the waiter just paid. Do not like this tactic.............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to snuffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The server we had was slow, we had to get another server to get a glass of wine... Steak was ok had better a other steak houses
- Always visit when I'm in town!DinnerzVIPDined on 10/30/2014Everytime I'm in Louisville I always stop by and visit Eddie's. This is one of my favorite places. Great good and friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experience!happyfoodieDined on 10/26/2014Sweet & spicy shrimp was delicious. Crab cake was dry. Filet won tons just OK. Dessert was good. Place is beautiful and service was impeccable! Raspberry/Strawberry Martini cocktail was great.Special Features:
- Great food and outstanding servicePrestoDined on 10/25/2014Took my wife out for our 6th wedding anniversary. We have not been out in a while on a date night. What a great spot to go. The food was great and the service was outstanding. My wife and I had such a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad servicebbbcDined on 10/23/2014I was with a group of eleven, the waiter was overwhelmed. We were receiving our appetizer s with our menus on the table. At the end of the evening our group ordered deserts and the waiter never offered coffee or after dinner drinks? The bill came to 3200.00
- WagyuPerform890VIPDined on 10/23/2014Best NY strip ever. I would go back again for that bone in special! Great food , great service =great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill DeProspoCardinalFans11Dined on 10/19/2014A great spot. The food was fantastic. Patrick and Abbey are the best. They are attentive and friendly. Food was spectacular. Thanks for a super night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegantly CasualLloydDined on 10/18/2014Fine dining in a comfortable atmosphere. The food and service are excellent, well worth the price. We live in Indianapolis, but actually prefer the ambiance of the Eddie Merlot's here in Louisville over the one back home. Even though it's rather expensive, EM's seems to always have a Special that seems very reasonable. On this occasion, we had the Sweetest Day special Surf 'n Turf, a 6-ounce Filet Mignon and a 10-ounce lobster tail. Both were excellently prepared, tender and tasty, and the price was better than I would have expected. They of course have an extensive wine list. We celebrate most of our special occasions at Eddie Merlot's, will definitely dine at this one again.Special Features:
- Great meallocalfoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014I took my mom for a late mother's day celebration. She had the filet trio and enjoyed most of the preparations. The Oscar style was creamy and had a bad fishy taste to it. I had the filet and it was well prepared, but a little under seasoned. The Eddie's potatoes were good, but needed salt. My previous experiences have been better, but I still think this is a wonderful steakhouse. My server was excellent, very friendly and not too pushy.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationHappyDinerDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time at Eddie Merlot's and it did not disappoint! The service was great throughout our meal, from the moment we arrived until we left. The food was delicious! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- it was awesome!CardinalFans11Dined on 10/10/2014Our favorite spot in Louisville. We love Abbey! The Rib Eye is great and the bananas foster, YUMMY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie MerlotNickBDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant was very nice, quit, romantic, food was very good, service was excellent. This was a special occasion & Eddie's filled the bill. It is rather pricey, but we thought was worth it. The only complaint I have was the $7.00 charge for valet parking.Special Features:
- Louisvilles finest!CecyVIPDined on 9/26/2014We love this restaurant! Food is over the top delicious, service is impeccable. Don't stay away due to parking downtown, valet car service is right out front and speedy!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014I went there twice in one week, the second time just because the first visit was so pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We were very impressed with the service we received from Michael and Noah. They were very pleasant and attentive! I loved the Meatloaf and my husband did as well. My husband ordered the 4oz filet, shrimp, sausage, and mashed potatoes and he was a little disappointed with that. The bread was delicious as well as the ceaser salad. Overall we were impressed by the great service though!Special Features:
- Trt it at least onceEyecon502Dined on 9/20/2014Though I have been here several times, I must admit that I am not a fan of chain restaurants like this. That being said, the food it quite good...but I still think I can cook just as good of a steak at home. Usually, I prefer to sit in the bar area, have some appetizers and enjoy their wine selection. This trip, my group had Trio of Medallions Steak Frites and the chicken. All in all a good meal. Started with the Caesar salad (yum!) and ended with the Bananas Foster for Two (10x Yum!) and carrot cake. No wine this trip :-(. Service was excellent as always.Special Features:
- All goodSkipDined on 9/18/2014Ben was an outstanding waiter Adam runs a tight ship and personally checked on us we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experiencefoodieserviceDined on 9/12/2014The best service I've experienced in 25 years. As a foodie, it was wonderful to see the whole package at Eddie Merlot's: tasty, innovative food options and impeccable service. Leo, the manager, and Heather, our server, are a great example of customer-focused service. Top-notch and personalized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experience!OtodocVIPDined on 9/12/2014While looking for an upscale restaurant walking distance from the Palace Theatre, this popped up. Looking at the menu & reviews, it seemed a great choice. It was better than that, dead on perfect from start to finish! Dining as a couple, we shared a shrimp cocktail served over dry ice with homemade cocktail sauce that was amazing. I ordered a la carte & had the bison strip steak with a side of killer brussel sprouts. My wife ordered off the chefs creation list, having a mixed grill of sausages, filet & grilled shrimp for $29, including great garlic mashed potatoes. The house "Merlot" Merlot was a steal. The red velvet cupcake & mango sorbet with coffees finished the meal nicely. Great cheese plate choices also. A must visit restsurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Fantastic place to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Great time! JeffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in LouisvilleTeddyDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday here last weekend. It was everything it was advertised to be. Had a great time and the food was excellent! Will be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diane123Dined on 8/31/2014Love the new york strip with the peppercorn sauce.....also crazy about the chopped side salad with the maple vinegaretteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!18yrsmarriedDined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant. The decor was great, and we had a nice table in the corner of the restaurant. However, our waiter was slightly rude and arrogant. Our wine was not chilled and we had to wait for it. I then had multiple fruit flies in my wine glass. Trying to enjoy our anniversary dinner was becoming difficult. We ordered our Chateaubriand medium well. It came out mooing! We sent it back and then came back charred! At this point, we were over the whole dinner. The over all food was mediocre. This restaurant came highly recommended, and we were extremely disappointed! I would not recommend or return to the restaurant. When we pay over $100 for a dinner, we expect better quality.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!!!!AtlChicDined on 8/30/2014I never write reviews however I had to after having dinner at this place. The food was excellent and the ambiance was great. I had the sea bass and all I can say is OMG!!! Melts in your mouth. It is worth every penny...definitely will be back:-)..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!!FineDinerDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated a graduation and birthday at Eddie Merlot's and it was amazing! The server was knowledgeable and right on time with our every need. The food was outstanding! The dessert was to die for and the presentation of the dessert was a show in and of itself! Not one regret about dining at Eddie Merlot's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!DinnerSnobDined on 8/30/2014Eddie Merlots is the ultimate romantic spot. Made date night a success. I had the Escargot as an appetizer and also Steak Diane for my entree. The ambiance was so elegant and relaxing. Our waiter Darrin was very knowledgable about the wine list and he was friendly and sweet. The lighting was perfect. Not too loud at all. I can't wait to return and I have also recommended to my family and friends. Our food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Food was very good, service excellent, an overall enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- 25th AnniversaryRumpole43Dined on 8/26/2014We were there for our anniversary. We did not announce it, they asked. We also explained that because of a medical condition I was required to be gluten-free. At the end of the meal the wait staff asked if we wanted to see a dessert menu. We said, Yes. A few minutes later the wait staff brought us complimentary anniversary desserts--Red Velvet cupcakes. Needless to say, I was disappointed. They quickly recovered and brought creme brulee. Other than that slip up our evening was perfect. In fact, the wait staff asked what temperature we wanted our meat entree. I said, 155-160 for the filet and it may have been the best filet I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2/23/2014 dinning experienceScottandEdithDined on 8/23/2014Lobster bisque was flavorless. Mushrooms, side item, were also very bland. Bone in rib eye was over cooked. asked for medium rare-medium and it was medium well-well done. After dinner coffee was wonderful. The crème brulee was given to us due to the food quality and it was not edible. Tasted like plain vanilla pudding. My fiancée drinks Bud Light and they were out.
- Terrible ExperienceJenneypartyof4Dined on 8/23/2014Eddie Merlot's is my favorite restuarant!!!! celebrate all special occasions there and entertain all clients/business partners. It is my go-to when my husband and I need a night out. I will seriously re-think that after my experience Saturday night. It was the WORST service I have recieved from a fine dining restaurant ever. I am mad that I spent $300 for that experience. Our server was extremely casual with us....too casual. Our drinks from the bar were never refilled, we were never offered bread, our appetizers were over cooked, we wanted dessert but had to wait so long to see the server that we decided to just leave. The service recieved from the water attendant was better than the server that got the $60 tip!!!Special Features:
- Excellent service/Excellent foodThirstyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had such a nice meal the night before, we returned the next night while in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.