Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
185 Milwaukee Ave, Ste 100
Lincolnshire, IL 60069Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (847) 276-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4:00pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aric Spiczka
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: When you want to make an impression, there's only one name you can trust. When you want the best in food, wine, and service for your special event, there's only one Eddie Merlot's.
Eddie Merlot's has earned its reputation by serving exceptional U.S.D.A. prime beef—a superior certification awarded to only 2% of all U.S. beef. And we bring the same standard to our private dining menus, which feature a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres, entrees, desserts, and accompaniments, complimented by the finest wine and cocktails. From the moment your guests arrive, Eddie Merlot's talented culinary team is dedicated to providing you and your guests with an experience like no other. That same commitment extends to our service staff. We pride ourselves on hospitality, from making you feel comfortable during the planning process to making your guests feel welcome when they're with you. Eddie Merlot's offers several private and semi-private dining areas, from 10 to 400+
- Private Party Contact: Lori Cease 8472762000
- Entertainment: Live Music in our Lounge:
Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire - Best Restaurants in Lincolnshire ›
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)notable wine list (69)fit for foodies (67)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (40)good for groups (38)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our family really enjoys eating at Eddie Merlot's!ShaneandSamanthaDined on 11/22/2014The food, wine and atmosphere is wonderful! My husband and I enjoy date night, special occasions and family dinners at Eddie Merlot's. We always ask to be seated in Brandi Kmiec section. She is absolutely wonderful! The best service ever! She makes suggestions, she knows the menu and wines very well, and for my husbands and daughters birthday's Brandi made it so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againjk22VIPDined on 11/20/2014After 3 visits, it is time to quit. There is something wrong with a place that when you leave, you feel all they want is to bill you as much as they can. This time, Halibut special was $49 and it was small--looked like under 6 oz. As they say, "it's always something" at this place.
- BOOBIEANNDined on 11/15/2014The restaurant could not get the temperature of my steak correct. I had to send it back twice and it still was not right
- Really just okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014Steak was only "so-so". Not a great piece of meat for a steakhouse. Tough, and lacking flavor. Asked for bread 3 times. Never received. Each time food server said she'd ask bus boy to bring. Acted annoyed that he never delivered, but it is her responsibility ultimately. Sides were very generous. Pretty restaurant. Great for conversation. Little thing, but food server was maybe 40. She kept referring to me as "young lady". I'm in my late 50's. Bordered on being offensive although I know she didn't mean anything by it. Probably wouldn't return though. Too many options for a good piece of meat, so why "settle".
- Average serviceOutstandingVIPDined on 11/13/2014This is a great restaurant but the service staff needs to be more attentive. Seems like they just disappear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite treat restaurant!MytwocentsDined on 11/8/2014Love this place for a once in awhile treat. Food and wine are always fantastic, notables are the trout amandine, shrimp cocktail, Parmesan truffle fries. Place is great for non meat eaters as well. Also really enjoy their chef special menu which makes the experience a little more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie On The MarkSGinHPDined on 11/8/2014Eddie Merlot's hits the mark as a better than average steakhouse in the North Shore area. Good food and a good wine list in an attractive setting make this a local keeper.Special Features:
- Just an OK experiencepeptoitVIPDined on 11/8/2014Arrived and we were seated promptly. Our waiter was attentive at the beginning, however, after we ordered and our food was received it was almost impossible to get his attention for items he forgot to bring with our meal. When we did manage to gain his attention he made us feel as though we were and intrusion upon his time. Also a 5 piece band came in to set up and they were climbing over us to do so. What a fiasco! When we tried to get the attention of our waiter or anyone of the many waiters walking about doing absolutely nothing, we were frowned upon. We couldn't wait to leave and the band was just a few feet away from us and we knew the noise was going to be unbearable. The meal was average and the service was sub par.
- Entirely mediocreSteveDined on 11/7/2014Indifferent service, Las Vegas over styled ambiance, mediocre food.Many options for prime steak in the area. Flemings far far better same price point.
- Consistently great food and serviceFredyDined on 11/6/2014Best steak house in the midwest. Put one in my neighborhood
- 2nd VisitMississippiFamilyDined on 11/5/2014Did not disappoint. Excellent food and service. Great spot for dinner for business or pleasure.Special Features:
- lolo1234VIPDined on 11/3/2014As usual, we were very happy with our dinner. More people should try it....especially for a birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent, the waiter excellent, the Merlot room was not too noisy and thus the evening was enjoyable. Not inexpensive, but worth the cost. Our waiter was exceptional and helped where needed. A reservation is a must -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service LackingtbsjagDined on 11/1/2014We have been enjoying Eddie's for years at their many different locations. The food continues to be outstanding, although it is on the pricey side of average. For this location you definitely want a table in one of the side rooms. The main dinning room is far to noisy and energetic. The service in Lincolnshire continues to be slow and on the non-attentive side. This two course meal took nearly 2 hours and the waiter was not attentive, not asking how our food was, pouring our wine or even asked if we wanted more wine when the bottle was empty. Just simply took the empty. Generally the maitter'd stops by, but not this time. I still recommend Eddie's for the food. Just don't be in hurry and be agressive if you need the waiters attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualnesnah2229Dined on 11/1/2014My wife & I dine at Eddie's 2 - 3 times per month. We are never disappointed. Food and service always exceptional.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningNickandNoraDined on 10/28/2014My wife and I went to Eddie Merlot's for my birthday and had excellent dinner. The service was outstanding, as was the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt in mouth steaksDebdinesDined on 10/25/2014Excellent lobster bisque, creamed spinach and key lime pie. Steaks are always high quality and cooked to perfection. It can get noisy so not the most romantic spot. Service is perfect - attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigboyDined on 10/25/2014The food was good and there was plenty to choose from on the menu. I would go back again. However, based upon the fact that the bill for 2 was over $300.00 the level of service did not measure up to a place that was so costly.Special Features:
- Royal likeDennyDined on 10/25/2014First time visiting Merlots. Saw it for months, but never thought about it.WOW!! Food, service, ambience. All 5 star! Waiter was extremely attentive and personable. The trio of Medallions and creamed spinach were unbelievable. I will be visiting this restaurant for many years to come. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HappySeniorsDined on 10/23/2014Food was fantastic. All four of us were very pleased with both the food & service which was outstanding. Our new waiter did a great job and the Eddie's Berries dessert is awesome. Look forward to doing it again. Will definitely highly recommend it to everyone. Wish they were open daily for lunch, too.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, wine , breadmugsluvstoeatanddrinkDined on 10/19/2014we will definitely be back. Beautiful atmosphere , Great food, Great wine, Great bread. YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-comfortable surroundingsvimcDined on 10/19/2014The food and drink was terrific and our service was top notch. I have to recommend the steaks, but several in our party had seafood and raved about it. The wine list was good, not overwhelming. Set in a modern style, the atmosphere was pleasant, neither stuffy nor overly intimate. All in all, a great place, though a little pricey.Special Features:
- Bad Service!TanyaDined on 10/18/2014The food was good, but was overshadowed by the horrible service. They sat us in the lounge area instead of the dining room. The waiter was too busy goofing around to bother with us. Forgot a drink order, took forever on the food and check and forgot the birthday I confirmed twice. For $60 per steak ,I would expect better.
- flamingoyardartVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food. Waiter was terrific. Bar is way too tiny for the overflow waiting for tables. I felt sorry for the four tops that were sat near bar as they constantly had people passing by. Took about a 1/2 hour until we were sat with a reservation but manager picked up the first round which was much appreciated. We went with another couple and had a lovely time.Special Features:
- eddies4everDined on 10/18/2014best place ever! Hands down! I will definitely tell family and friends about Eddie Merlot's. Very romantic, service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concistently good1234VIPDined on 10/17/2014I have been to Eddie Merlot's numerous times and have never had a bad meal. The filets are outstanding....as good as any restaurant I've been to. The parmesan truffle fries are not to be beat. For dessert one can't go wrong with the bananas foster. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. I don't understand why it's not more crowded in the dining room, although the bar area is always filled and energetic.Special Features:
- Oustanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Their steaks are one of the best around and their service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmimiteachVIPDined on 10/10/2014We wanted a light dinner of appetizers before a movie and choose EM. When seated it took about 20 minutes before the waiter came for our order. We explained we were just having appetizers and a soup and salad option for our meal with an ala carte vegetable side dish to come with the seafood. My husband ordered a bar drink, which took another 20 minutes to arrive. Our soup and salad did come out eventually with a small loaf of warm bread. The soup was a delicious beef broth based baked onion. My salad was also fresh and delicious. When our $48 cold appetizer seafood platter, written for two arrived, we were very dissatisfied - 2 crab legs, 4 shrimp, and THREE oysters. Our vegetable came after reminding the waiter 10 minutes later. Sorry.Special Features:
- Excellent - as usualnesnah2229Dined on 10/10/2014We have dined @ Eddie Merlot's in Lincolnshire many times since their opening. The Veal Oscar chosen this time on their special Fall menu was excellent. The double cut pork chop is the best in the Chicago metro area. Advise sitting in the "Cabernet Room or bar area to enjoy the live music on Friday & Saturday evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsMicheleVIPDined on 10/9/2014This is either the 5th or 6th time I have dined at Eddie Merlot's, and it is as good as ever. I had the caesar salad and ahi tuna. Both were fabulous, and the service was gracious and pampering, without being invasive. Do yourself a favor and try Eddie Merlot's, either in Lincolnshire, or one of their other locations.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSueDDined on 10/9/2014Every time I eat there the food is excellent and the service consistently good. The rock shrimp are exceptional and bone in ribeye a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Food / Bad ServiceDanLVIPDined on 10/7/2014I went to EM for a special occassion dinner. The server recommended the sea bass. It was presented mushy and cold. The mash potatoes were cold. We asked for bread and it did not arrive until we asked twice. We needed to ask for our water to be refilled. The hi noise level made it hard to have a nice time. Not happy with my experience at EM.
- Great steakTastyTravelerDined on 10/5/2014Great steak, wonderful service. I wish they had some smaller portions in case the members of your party don't feel like the same sides. Portions are huge!Special Features:
- Staying focusedOutstandingVIPDined on 10/5/2014The TV monitors in the bar distract the waiters. Our waiter just stood and watched TV instead of taking care of his customers. Had to continually wave my arm to get his attention. Every time we go to this restaurant there is some issue. Maybe someday they'll get it right.Special Features:
- What a WOW experience.PFL7Dined on 10/5/2014Comparable to top dinning in Las Vegas. The waitstaff knows us - service is top-notch, personalized, and respectful. The cuisine is 4 out of 4 forks and gets a superior rating-everytime. And Eddie Merlot's is local-not a plane flight away. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- First time for terrible serviceTravelerDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I have eaten here several times. The food is always outstanding and the service has been, as well, until this visit. It was deplorable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014The restaurant was nicely appointed. The service was poor. We were not served what we order for cocktails. One in our party ordered the ribeye steak and was served a sirloin. Needless to say by the time it came the rest of the party was finished eating. The waiter made recommendations of his favorites for many selections however we didn't follow his suggestions. The incorrect steak was rremoved from our bill but it shouldn't have happened to begin with. The food was overpriced and not worth the hassle.
- First time's a charmCandy65Dined on 9/27/2014After hearing colleagues rate about it, my boyfriend and I finally tried Eddie Merlot's on a special date night. The blown glass fixtures and décor with sunset lighting coming through the room set off a romantic ambiance as soon as we were shown to our table. I was immediately impressed with the wine list and soon after not surprised when I learned Eddie Merlot is a real person with food/wine history. The sea bass was as good or better than lobster tail and the pork chop ordered by my boyfriend was the best I had ever tasted. The service was great except for one dry patch. Showstoppers: chocolate-peanut butter for dessert and shrimp cocktail served with fogging dry ice. We even danced for a bit in the vibrant lounge with live piano.Special Features:
- Great foodtakeme80sVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was really good but the service was awful. Crab cakes were great!!Special Features:
- Great Food - Poor ServiceFirstNBDDined on 9/21/2014First time we went here and we loved the food and atmosphere but our waiter had a large group he was waiting on and basically ignored us. We were there on a Sunday and it was not crowded. Our waiter told us about the wine special. A bottle was half price for any of the wines by the glass, very tempting. When he finally did come back to take the drink order he made two mistakes. First, I was ordering a glass of wine and he never inquired if I was interested in the half price bottle. The second mistake I felt he made; I was debating between two wines and he did not offer a description of the two and more important, did not offer a sample of the two. I noticed he did give the party of 10 excellent service.Special Features: