Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
185 Milwaukee Ave, Ste 100
Lincolnshire, IL 60069Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 8472762000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4:00pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aric Spiczka
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: When you want to make an impression, there's only one name you can trust. When you want the best in food, wine, and service for your special event, there's only one Eddie Merlot's.
Eddie Merlot's has earned its reputation by serving exceptional U.S.D.A. prime beef—a superior certification awarded to only 2% of all U.S. beef. And we bring the same standard to our private dining menus, which feature a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres, entrees, desserts, and accompaniments, complimented by the finest wine and cocktails. From the moment your guests arrive, Eddie Merlot's talented culinary team is dedicated to providing you and your guests with an experience like no other. That same commitment extends to our service staff. We pride ourselves on hospitality, from making you feel comfortable during the planning process to making your guests feel welcome when they're with you. Eddie Merlot's offers several private and semi-private dining areas, from 10 to 400+
- Private Party Contact: Lori Cease 8472762000
- Entertainment: Live Music in our Lounge:
Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire - Best Restaurants in Lincolnshire ›
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)notable wine list (64)fit for foodies (61)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (33)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful EveningNickandNoraDined on 10/28/2014My wife and I went to Eddie Merlot's for my birthday and had excellent dinner. The service was outstanding, as was the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt in mouth steaksDebdinesDined on 10/25/2014Excellent lobster bisque, creamed spinach and key lime pie. Steaks are always high quality and cooked to perfection. It can get noisy so not the most romantic spot. Service is perfect - attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014The food was good and there was plenty to choose from on the menu. I would go back again. However, based upon the fact that the bill for 2 was over $300.00 the level of service did not measure up to a place that was so costly.Special Features:
- Royal likeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014First time visiting Merlots. Saw it for months, but never thought about it.WOW!! Food, service, ambience. All 5 star! Waiter was extremely attentive and personable. The trio of Medallions and creamed spinach were unbelievable. I will be visiting this restaurant for many years to come. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!HappySeniorsDined on 10/23/2014Food was fantastic. All four of us were very pleased with both the food & service which was outstanding. Our new waiter did a great job and the Eddie's Berries dessert is awesome. Look forward to doing it again. Will definitely highly recommend it to everyone. Wish they were open daily for lunch, too.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, wine , breadmugsluvstoeatanddrinkDined on 10/19/2014we will definitely be back. Beautiful atmosphere , Great food, Great wine, Great bread. YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-comfortable surroundingsvimcDined on 10/19/2014The food and drink was terrific and our service was top notch. I have to recommend the steaks, but several in our party had seafood and raved about it. The wine list was good, not overwhelming. Set in a modern style, the atmosphere was pleasant, neither stuffy nor overly intimate. All in all, a great place, though a little pricey.Special Features:
- Bad Service!TanyaDined on 10/18/2014The food was good, but was overshadowed by the horrible service. They sat us in the lounge area instead of the dining room. The waiter was too busy goofing around to bother with us. Forgot a drink order, took forever on the food and check and forgot the birthday I confirmed twice. For $60 per steak ,I would expect better.
- flamingoyardartVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food. Waiter was terrific. Bar is way too tiny for the overflow waiting for tables. I felt sorry for the four tops that were sat near bar as they constantly had people passing by. Took about a 1/2 hour until we were sat with a reservation but manager picked up the first round which was much appreciated. We went with another couple and had a lovely time.Special Features:
- eddies4everDined on 10/18/2014best place ever! Hands down! I will definitely tell family and friends about Eddie Merlot's. Very romantic, service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concistently good1234Dined on 10/17/2014I have been to Eddie Merlot's numerous times and have never had a bad meal. The filets are outstanding....as good as any restaurant I've been to. The parmesan truffle fries are not to be beat. For dessert one can't go wrong with the bananas foster. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. I don't understand why it's not more crowded in the dining room, although the bar area is always filled and energetic.Special Features:
- Oustanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Their steaks are one of the best around and their service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmimiteachVIPDined on 10/10/2014We wanted a light dinner of appetizers before a movie and choose EM. When seated it took about 20 minutes before the waiter came for our order. We explained we were just having appetizers and a soup and salad option for our meal with an ala carte vegetable side dish to come with the seafood. My husband ordered a bar drink, which took another 20 minutes to arrive. Our soup and salad did come out eventually with a small loaf of warm bread. The soup was a delicious beef broth based baked onion. My salad was also fresh and delicious. When our $48 cold appetizer seafood platter, written for two arrived, we were very dissatisfied - 2 crab legs, 4 shrimp, and THREE oysters. Our vegetable came after reminding the waiter 10 minutes later. Sorry.Special Features:
- Excellent - as usualnesnah2229Dined on 10/10/2014We have dined @ Eddie Merlot's in Lincolnshire many times since their opening. The Veal Oscar chosen this time on their special Fall menu was excellent. The double cut pork chop is the best in the Chicago metro area. Advise sitting in the "Cabernet Room or bar area to enjoy the live music on Friday & Saturday evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSueDDined on 10/9/2014Every time I eat there the food is excellent and the service consistently good. The rock shrimp are exceptional and bone in ribeye a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Food / Bad ServiceDanLVIPDined on 10/7/2014I went to EM for a special occassion dinner. The server recommended the sea bass. It was presented mushy and cold. The mash potatoes were cold. We asked for bread and it did not arrive until we asked twice. We needed to ask for our water to be refilled. The hi noise level made it hard to have a nice time. Not happy with my experience at EM.
- Great steakTastyTravelerDined on 10/5/2014Great steak, wonderful service. I wish they had some smaller portions in case the members of your party don't feel like the same sides. Portions are huge!Special Features:
- Staying focusedOutstandingVIPDined on 10/5/2014The TV monitors in the bar distract the waiters. Our waiter just stood and watched TV instead of taking care of his customers. Had to continually wave my arm to get his attention. Every time we go to this restaurant there is some issue. Maybe someday they'll get it right.Special Features:
- What a WOW experience.PFL7Dined on 10/5/2014Comparable to top dinning in Las Vegas. The waitstaff knows us - service is top-notch, personalized, and respectful. The cuisine is 4 out of 4 forks and gets a superior rating-everytime. And Eddie Merlot's is local-not a plane flight away. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- First time for terrible serviceTravelerDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I have eaten here several times. The food is always outstanding and the service has been, as well, until this visit. It was deplorable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014The restaurant was nicely appointed. The service was poor. We were not served what we order for cocktails. One in our party ordered the ribeye steak and was served a sirloin. Needless to say by the time it came the rest of the party was finished eating. The waiter made recommendations of his favorites for many selections however we didn't follow his suggestions. The incorrect steak was rremoved from our bill but it shouldn't have happened to begin with. The food was overpriced and not worth the hassle.
- First time's a charmCandy65Dined on 9/27/2014After hearing colleagues rate about it, my boyfriend and I finally tried Eddie Merlot's on a special date night. The blown glass fixtures and décor with sunset lighting coming through the room set off a romantic ambiance as soon as we were shown to our table. I was immediately impressed with the wine list and soon after not surprised when I learned Eddie Merlot is a real person with food/wine history. The sea bass was as good or better than lobster tail and the pork chop ordered by my boyfriend was the best I had ever tasted. The service was great except for one dry patch. Showstoppers: chocolate-peanut butter for dessert and shrimp cocktail served with fogging dry ice. We even danced for a bit in the vibrant lounge with live piano.Special Features:
- Great foodtakeme80sVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was really good but the service was awful. Crab cakes were great!!Special Features:
- Great Food - Poor ServiceFirstNBDDined on 9/21/2014First time we went here and we loved the food and atmosphere but our waiter had a large group he was waiting on and basically ignored us. We were there on a Sunday and it was not crowded. Our waiter told us about the wine special. A bottle was half price for any of the wines by the glass, very tempting. When he finally did come back to take the drink order he made two mistakes. First, I was ordering a glass of wine and he never inquired if I was interested in the half price bottle. The second mistake I felt he made; I was debating between two wines and he did not offer a description of the two and more important, did not offer a sample of the two. I noticed he did give the party of 10 excellent service.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, great steaksrlhChicagoDined on 9/21/2014The unique setting is modern and elegant, more typical of California than the Midwest. Perfect for special occaisions. Excellent steak au poirve.Special Features:
- Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014The service here should be much better for what they charge you for dinner. We went with another couple. Server was hard to find over first half of meal. Of four entrees, three were very good, the fourth, a bison steak was tough. Server, when told this, deflected issue by asking about the taste of entree. Didn't express any concern about situation or offer any resolution. When you're paying $40 to $58 an entree this shouldn't happen. There are too many good steakhouses around that provide a better overall experience
- Anniversary Nightjacoby71Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I were out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had the Chateaubriand for two with brussel sprouts and Eddie's potatoes. Everything was awesome! And, the wines by the glass were great.Special Features:
- Great Choice for suburban diningcsg479VIPDined on 9/13/2014There aren't a lot of dining choices in the suburbs. After awhile, we feel like we're in a regular rotation of the same places. This place is a cut above. The food and service are as good as anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey dinningAlibabaDined on 9/12/2014Started off with the wrong drink. The food was tepid and the steak was under cooked! At these prices I expect better service and hot food. Personally I would rather go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse ResturantSpecial Features:
- solid food and servicedining50sDined on 9/6/2014this was our first trip to Eddie Merlot's so we did not know what to expect. started out with the sesame calamari which was very tasty. the waiter and service were very good, always had water and iced tea filled up. bread came out when we got our salads, could have come out a little earlier. but it was good. we had the new orleans mixed grill , the cedar planked salmon, waldorf salad and sides of tempura beans, mushrooms, and brussell sprouts. the food was very good, but nothing spectacular. pricing was not bad. for dessert, had the bananas foster, very good and we shared among 4 people. overall, a very nice meal and very good service, just nothing to blow you away. Definitely would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014the restaurant is gorgeous, service ok, but it was saturday night--they paid absolutely no attention to how we asked our steaks/fish to be cooked, even thought the waiter asked and took notes, everything was VERY rare, dissappointing. the quality of the food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectracinjim69Dined on 8/30/2014Soft atmosphere, excellent wine list, good menu and really nice service! I'll be saving this place for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was great. Sea Bass was outstanding. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening - highly recommended.nesnah2229Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I often dine at Eddie's. We usually order the Chateaubrand for two - perfectly prepared with two side dishes. A talented 3 piece group was playing great live music. All in all a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- AJC1Dined on 8/28/2014Calamari was outstanding. Unfortunately, the main courses -fish and steaks - were extremely salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best Steaks!MargoDined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere, Very Nice Bar, Outstanding Menu! Everything special and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server and great meal!HeidiDined on 8/22/2014I've been to Eddie Merlot's twice now and I haven't been disappointed. It is some of the best steak I've ever had and the mashed potatoes are to die for and I love good mashed potatoes. I could just eat an entire bowl of those and be happy, though the Chateaubriand was the best I've ever had! Even better than the food is the service. We've had impeccable service both times we've been there and that helps make the dining experience that much better.Special Features:
- Needs helpOutstandingVIPDined on 8/20/2014Wait staff seems to forget you at this place. When we were seated they said they were bringing warm bread right out. Never came till we were half done with our meal and we had to ask for it. After finishing our appetizer it took 25 minutes for them to take our order and when we finished our salads it took another 20 minutes to get our entree. Had to hunt the waiter down to get our check as well. Mentioned it to manager and he said they'd take care of us next time. Don't know if there will be a next time - this is roughly our 20th visit and things don't seem to improve. They just seem to get worse. Food was good though.
- Eddie Merlot'sJaneDined on 8/18/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary their this year, and were very pleased. I was able to book the reservation online and order flowers that were on the table when we arrived. They placed us at a large corner table, which was what I requested. Each course was well presented and delicious. Our waiter was attentive but not obtrusive. The ambience of the restaurant is lovely, and perfect for a special occasion. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT~!~KyleVIPDined on 8/17/2014We were celebrating a 75th birthday. I couldn't ask for a better experience. The wait staff were excellent, food incredible, service perfect!!! My mom had the best birthday ever due to the incredible staff. Thank you, Thank You, ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.