Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
185 Milwaukee Ave, Ste 100
Lincolnshire, IL 60069Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 8472762000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens at 4:00pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aric Spiczka
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: When you want to make an impression, there's only one name you can trust. When you want the best in food, wine, and service for your special event, there's only one Eddie Merlot's.
Eddie Merlot's has earned its reputation by serving exceptional U.S.D.A. prime beef—a superior certification awarded to only 2% of all U.S. beef. And we bring the same standard to our private dining menus, which feature a wide variety of hors d'oeuvres, entrees, desserts, and accompaniments, complimented by the finest wine and cocktails. From the moment your guests arrive, Eddie Merlot's talented culinary team is dedicated to providing you and your guests with an experience like no other. That same commitment extends to our service staff. We pride ourselves on hospitality, from making you feel comfortable during the planning process to making your guests feel welcome when they're with you. Eddie Merlot's offers several private and semi-private dining areas, from 10 to 400+
- Private Party Contact: Lori Cease 8472762000
- Entertainment: Live Music in our Lounge:
Friday & Saturday 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire - Best Restaurants in Lincolnshire ›
Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)notable wine list (64)romantic (63)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (36)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (12)hot spot (12)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- First time for terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I have eaten here several times. The food is always outstanding and the service has been, as well, until this visit. It was deplorable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014The restaurant was nicely appointed. The service was poor. We were not served what we order for cocktails. One in our party ordered the ribeye steak and was served a sirloin. Needless to say by the time it came the rest of the party was finished eating. The waiter made recommendations of his favorites for many selections however we didn't follow his suggestions. The incorrect steak was rremoved from our bill but it shouldn't have happened to begin with. The food was overpriced and not worth the hassle.
- First time's a charmCandy65Dined on 9/27/2014After hearing colleagues rate about it, my boyfriend and I finally tried Eddie Merlot's on a special date night. The blown glass fixtures and décor with sunset lighting coming through the room set off a romantic ambiance as soon as we were shown to our table. I was immediately impressed with the wine list and soon after not surprised when I learned Eddie Merlot is a real person with food/wine history. The sea bass was as good or better than lobster tail and the pork chop ordered by my boyfriend was the best I had ever tasted. The service was great except for one dry patch. Showstoppers: chocolate-peanut butter for dessert and shrimp cocktail served with fogging dry ice. We even danced for a bit in the vibrant lounge with live piano.Special Features:
- Great foodtakeme80sDined on 9/21/2014The food was really good but the service was awful. Crab cakes were great!!Special Features:
- Great Food - Poor ServiceFirstNBDDined on 9/21/2014First time we went here and we loved the food and atmosphere but our waiter had a large group he was waiting on and basically ignored us. We were there on a Sunday and it was not crowded. Our waiter told us about the wine special. A bottle was half price for any of the wines by the glass, very tempting. When he finally did come back to take the drink order he made two mistakes. First, I was ordering a glass of wine and he never inquired if I was interested in the half price bottle. The second mistake I felt he made; I was debating between two wines and he did not offer a description of the two and more important, did not offer a sample of the two. I noticed he did give the party of 10 excellent service.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, great steaksrlhChicagoDined on 9/21/2014The unique setting is modern and elegant, more typical of California than the Midwest. Perfect for special occaisions. Excellent steak au poirve.Special Features:
- Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014The service here should be much better for what they charge you for dinner. We went with another couple. Server was hard to find over first half of meal. Of four entrees, three were very good, the fourth, a bison steak was tough. Server, when told this, deflected issue by asking about the taste of entree. Didn't express any concern about situation or offer any resolution. When you're paying $40 to $58 an entree this shouldn't happen. There are too many good steakhouses around that provide a better overall experience
- Anniversary Nightjacoby71Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I were out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had the Chateaubriand for two with brussel sprouts and Eddie's potatoes. Everything was awesome! And, the wines by the glass were great.Special Features:
- Great Choice for suburban diningcsg479VIPDined on 9/13/2014There aren't a lot of dining choices in the suburbs. After awhile, we feel like we're in a regular rotation of the same places. This place is a cut above. The food and service are as good as anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey dinningAlibabaDined on 9/12/2014Started off with the wrong drink. The food was tepid and the steak was under cooked! At these prices I expect better service and hot food. Personally I would rather go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse ResturantSpecial Features:
- solid food and servicedining50sDined on 9/6/2014this was our first trip to Eddie Merlot's so we did not know what to expect. started out with the sesame calamari which was very tasty. the waiter and service were very good, always had water and iced tea filled up. bread came out when we got our salads, could have come out a little earlier. but it was good. we had the new orleans mixed grill , the cedar planked salmon, waldorf salad and sides of tempura beans, mushrooms, and brussell sprouts. the food was very good, but nothing spectacular. pricing was not bad. for dessert, had the bananas foster, very good and we shared among 4 people. overall, a very nice meal and very good service, just nothing to blow you away. Definitely would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014the restaurant is gorgeous, service ok, but it was saturday night--they paid absolutely no attention to how we asked our steaks/fish to be cooked, even thought the waiter asked and took notes, everything was VERY rare, dissappointing. the quality of the food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectracinjim69Dined on 8/30/2014Soft atmosphere, excellent wine list, good menu and really nice service! I'll be saving this place for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was great. Sea Bass was outstanding. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening - highly recommended.nesnah2229Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I often dine at Eddie's. We usually order the Chateaubrand for two - perfectly prepared with two side dishes. A talented 3 piece group was playing great live music. All in all a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- AJC1Dined on 8/28/2014Calamari was outstanding. Unfortunately, the main courses -fish and steaks - were extremely salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best Steaks!MargoDined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere, Very Nice Bar, Outstanding Menu! Everything special and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server and great meal!HeidiDined on 8/22/2014I've been to Eddie Merlot's twice now and I haven't been disappointed. It is some of the best steak I've ever had and the mashed potatoes are to die for and I love good mashed potatoes. I could just eat an entire bowl of those and be happy, though the Chateaubriand was the best I've ever had! Even better than the food is the service. We've had impeccable service both times we've been there and that helps make the dining experience that much better.Special Features:
- Needs helpOutstandingDined on 8/20/2014Wait staff seems to forget you at this place. When we were seated they said they were bringing warm bread right out. Never came till we were half done with our meal and we had to ask for it. After finishing our appetizer it took 25 minutes for them to take our order and when we finished our salads it took another 20 minutes to get our entree. Had to hunt the waiter down to get our check as well. Mentioned it to manager and he said they'd take care of us next time. Don't know if there will be a next time - this is roughly our 20th visit and things don't seem to improve. They just seem to get worse. Food was good though.
- Eddie Merlot'sJaneDined on 8/18/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary their this year, and were very pleased. I was able to book the reservation online and order flowers that were on the table when we arrived. They placed us at a large corner table, which was what I requested. Each course was well presented and delicious. Our waiter was attentive but not obtrusive. The ambience of the restaurant is lovely, and perfect for a special occasion. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT~!~KyleVIPDined on 8/17/2014We were celebrating a 75th birthday. I couldn't ask for a better experience. The wait staff were excellent, food incredible, service perfect!!! My mom had the best birthday ever due to the incredible staff. Thank you, Thank You, ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!HeidiDined on 8/13/2014This was probably one of the best meals (and martinis) I've had in a very, very long time. We started off at the bar with the Berry White martini which was so delish then for dinner my friend and I split the Chateaubriand and got the mashed potatoes to go with it. I think that was the most amazing steak I've ever had and the mashed potatoes were incredible. Had our friends not suggested the place we never would have gotten to experience a great meal and great service!Special Features:
- As It Should Have BeenExpectedDined on 8/11/2014Everything was as I had expected it to be. The French onion soup tasted like it came from a soup base, not from fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 8/10/2014Need more professional wait staff for this type of restaurant.
- Fantastic eveningJillVIPDined on 8/9/2014We love going to Eddie Merlot's and sitting in the bar. We had no idea they have outdoor seating. We sat outside with Brandi as our server. It was one of the best experiences at a restaurant we have had in a long time. Brandi was one of the best servers we have ever had as well. She was attentive, made great suggestions and treated us like old friends without being obnoxious. My husband and I shared the shrimp cocktail and the prime burger. We love the burgers and our daughter had never been so we all got prime burgers. They literally melt in your mouth. We can't wait to go back and we will ask for Brandi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014This is my 5th time at Eddie Merlot's for dinner. Everytime has been an exciting experience to enjoy good food. The filet steak was so tne=der it was like eating butter and the grouper was the best I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Good Food and FunDonnySDined on 7/26/2014You all know I was surprised to find in Lincolnshire nice place as this one....Not so cheap but everything cooked well and above all was tasty. This was the first time I visit and I will go again . I was pretty impressed by the wine collection , no crazy price for the wine. The atmosphere wasn't too stuffy and you defiantly appear with jeans and still feel good.Special Features:
- Great time!mmills723Dined on 7/23/2014everything was great. A little pricey, but definitely nicer than Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 7/13/2014I had the Caprese and then Planked Salmon and both were about the best I've ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2014Very relaxed and romantic setting in both the bar and main dining room. Steaks are all great but the Tomahawk Ribeye is to die for and its large enough for 2 people to share. Lobster Bisque is also fab. Sweet potato casserole is more like desert than a side and its wonderful. Very good wine specials. Service always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerOutOnOccasionDined on 7/12/2014I took my wife to Eddy Merlot's for our anniversary and we had an outstanding meal and experience. It started out in the bar where our bartender was extremely knowledgeable about the restaurant history as well as the wine list. She made a wine recommendation and provided samples to make sure we'd be happy with our selection - and we were. We were seated promptly at or reservation time and our waiter was also extremely helpful and provided top-notch service. Our appetizer was exceptional and our steaks were perfectly cooked and delicious. We could not have asked for a better experience and when the occasion calls for another splurge, Eddy Merlot's will be at the very top of our list.Special Features:
- GloriaDined on 7/6/2014Usually, this is one of our favorite places. The night we dined, something was "off." Service was not good. No bread, long waits for food and drinks, steak not cooked properly,,,very disappointing.
- pay attention to your billdazdesignDined on 7/5/2014It was our anniversary dinner. The food was so so, overpriced for the amount and not the top quality. Live music - pleasant atmosphere. The server (Pablo - try to avoid him) was arrogant, acting like he owns you. After we let him know that we didn't like his attitude he started acting a lot better. At the end he did not pack all the leftovers as he was going to. Not knowing that I gave him 20% tip - shame on me. Interesting scam they are trying to pull. At the bottom of the bill they give you suggested gratuity amounts for the amount you owe for dinner. 20% of $81 is $19.20 (should be $16.20), in addition to that the gratuity you should be calculating form the amount before tax. That was not a very nice touch - cheap trick.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014We celebrated my mother's birthday here this weekend. Everything from the comfortable chairs, to the food, to the service was wonderful. Steaks were cooked perfectly. The presentation of the shrimp cocktail was very fun, with lots of smoke from (I think) dry ice - my kids loved it. Also the coffee service was special with cinnamon sticks, chocolate chips, whipped cream, etc. on the side. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Family dinnerhoffDined on 7/5/2014A great local spot that competes with and blows away some of the big chain steakhouses. terrific cuts of meat and friendly service, great summer special as well. also, incredibly comfortable seats. some of the best Béarnaise sauce in the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!J255Dined on 7/1/2014This was the second year we celebrated our friend's birthday here, and we were just as pleased the second time around! The food was great and the service was friendly and timely. We'll probably go back next year, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmattcoleflaDined on 6/30/2014The Wagyu Tomahawk Ribeye steak ranked as one of the top 2 steaks I have had in the world. Words cannot describe it. The recommended wine was absolutely perfect for our taste. The service was above and beyond. This was our anniversary so we had a private room, flowers, a birthday chocolate velvet cupcake with candle, they really went above and beyond. And the food was amazing. You simply cannot miss dining here at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceBillyVIPDined on 6/28/2014we went for our anniversary and although there was no fanfare (not sure if OpenTable or Eddie Merlot's missed the comment) the food was perfect and the service was the best ever. Steve took care of us, didnt rush us, and made us feel special.Special Features:
- amateureveiwerDined on 6/28/2014Good food, ambiance and wine. What more could you want from a restaurant. We wanted to try a Malbec and took the server's suggestion. It was excellent. my guest had the veal special and I had the salmon.She really enjoyed the veal. We would have liked to eat in the bar but our reservation was for the dining room. It was busy, which I like, but it was not noisy. escargot were very tasty and could have been offered without the pastry. Served with some french bread would have been terrific. The shrimp appetizer was flavorful and more than enough for two of us to share. All in all a very good experience. We each loved the creme brulee. We enjoyed the whole experience. I usually order no dessert. This was worth the calories.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJimFDined on 6/22/2014Warm and impressive environment. Service was exceptional and food fantastic. The Wagyu Tomahawk Ribeye was the best steak that I have ever had. Bone in Fillet was also very good. Desserts were very good as well. Great experience for a special anniversary event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.