Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
3645 E. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 3178468303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Dial
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On Friday's and Saturday's we have acoustic guitar or jazz in our lounge.
- Special Events: Open for Lunch from November 29th through December 24th Monday through
Friday, 11am - 2pm.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire, also live music on weekends in the lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (105)notable wine list (101)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always goodMilanoDined on 9/13/2014Every visit result in great food and great service. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed spending our 28th Birthday dining. Our food was perfectly cooked and presented and the atmosphere was very pleasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMamaJDined on 9/12/2014I was in the mood for a "good steak" when I made reservations for Eddie Merlot's. I chose this restaurant based on some of the positive reviews I read. I have to say, we were not disappointed. From the minute we walked in the door to the minute we walked out, our experience was wonderful! The french onion soup appetizer was delicious, the steaks fantastic, the wine was stellar! I would go back in a heart-beat and have now declared this one of my favorites (yes, even rivaling my favorite Eddie V's in LaJolla, CA). I am a bit of a "food snob" and love a top-notch dining experience and Eddie's certainly gave me that! Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSARY DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent and the food was one of the best we had received in a long time. It was very nice they included an anniversary dessert in with our meal as well.Special Features:
- Thank you Erika!WeddedBlissDined on 9/12/2014Had a great birthday dinner. My wife was rather pleased with the entire evening. Erika is awesome and we were truly blessed to have her as our server for the second time in a row! We ordered off the chef's entree menu and the food was great, and was a lot of food to consume. We had a very enjoyable time and certainly appreciate all that Erika did for us. Thank you.Special Features:
- It's no ocean primeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Delivered wrong wine, oysters were at best Luke warm and one was gritty. Restaurant was not very busy and waiter was not around enough. I would have been disappointed more except we had a $25 off coupon and free dessert. We won't be returning. If I am paying top dollar I want top service and food. This was our 3 7th wedding anniversary (he never asked if this was a special occasion) and we left feeling disappointed.
- Anniversary delightArtsyVIPDined on 9/8/2014My husband and I went to Eddie Merlot for our anniversary on Monday night. We love the beautiful decor and soft music. It's just a wonderful atmosphere. Our waitress was amazing - professional and friendly. The food was delicious. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:
- Anniversary enjoyednelleVIPDined on 9/7/2014Eddie Merlot's is our very first pick of restaurants to celebrate special occasions. This anniversary was no exception! Wonderful steak, excellent service, free cupcake and 1/2 price wine on Sunday's made our special celebration even better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wait staff great, macaroni with lobster really dry.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 9/5/2014Have been here many times. Felt the food quality has decreased and prices increased. Ribeye was tough and not worth $42. Not very busy for a Friday night and we had to wait a long time to place and receive our first cocktails. Probably won't return in the near future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Steaks are great, Be prepared to take food home, quiet restaurant that is ideal for special occasions.Special Features:
- I enjoy steakquaintVIPDined on 9/2/2014If I had to pick a steak joint in the entire world, I would pick Eddie Merlots. It is fun and nice and scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!!VLTandBATDined on 8/31/2014We were delayed on our celebration of our 61st anniversary due to hip replacement surgery. This visit was a combination of celebrating the anniversary and my 80th birthday. Zach was our server and he was fabulous. We will recommend and we will return. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Jim PlummerJamesDined on 8/30/2014The setting is quite stunning. Our waitress Kimberly was the star of the show. She definitely made our experience complete. The food was exquisite. I would reccomend asking for her if you make reservations. Not only did she make us feel comfortable but her knowledge of the food and was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 46th Anniversary celebrationybbhomelessDined on 8/30/2014We chose Eddie Merlot's for our special occasion and could not be happier with our choice. I had Maryland crab cakes, french onion soup and the bone-in 14 oz filet, while my wife enjoyed a Waldorf salad, lobster bisque and the Trio of Medallions. We shared Eddie's Mixed Berries prepared table side by our wonderful waitress, Kim. She also presented us with a candlelit Red Velvet cupcake in honor of our anniversary. We accompanied our meal with a good merlot from their extensive wine list. All the food was excellent and the steaks were cooked to perfection. We could not be happier with our choice of dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the steaksquaintVIPDined on 8/30/2014I like every single food item on the menu and I love the drinks they make. The filet is to die for and I would eat a filet from there every day of my lifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BugsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great atmosphere but I wish there weren't any fruit flies around my foodSpecial Features:
- excellentDallasusa11Dined on 8/26/2014The food and service was outstanding. It was a little hard to see the menu where I was sitting because of poor lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of food not superiorIndypopoDined on 8/24/2014We have been to this establishment a number of times and it seemed, to our entire party, the quality of the steak was not the quality we have had before. I seemed that because they were running a special, they used a lower quality of steak. The green beans seemed to be right from a bag with very little taste to them. The Cesar salad was good.Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre service.mmmfiletmignonDined on 8/24/2014First of all, the food was delicious! I highly recommend the filet mignon and garlic mashed potatoes if you ever visit. However, most of the staff seemed rather snooty, ESPECIALLY our server. I will say that our hostess was such a sweetheart and the manager was a gentlemen. Overall, we just weren't impressed with the atmosphere and service.Special Features:
- Steakhouse ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Eddie Melort's is THE place for great steak in Indianapolis. Best I've ever had. Underrated. Service was wonderful and my waitress was knowledgeable and all recommendations were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoflomoDined on 8/23/2014Delicious and lots of fun! Always great food and service.Special Features:
- randybrock46151Dined on 8/22/2014We were greeted with a very friendly host and seated quickly. Our servicer Zac was great he quick to wait on us and very helpful in helping us decide what we were having to eat with several suggestion which were just as he decribed . Food was outstanding. We had a very enjoyable evening. Thanks to everyone at Eddie Merlot`sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary No. 33SteveDined on 8/22/2014Eddie Merlot's was in a word, PERFECT. We were fortunate to have friends join us to celebrate our 33rd Wedding Anniversary. Of course we started the meal with the shrimp cocktail, which has a fabulous presentation! My guest and his wife enjoyed the NY Strip and the Triple Steak Medallions; my wife truly enjoyed the pork chops (it had to be a double portion); I enjoyed the Lobster Bisque and the Merlot Salad. Our server was energetic and attentive. We asked to have our after dinner Courvoisier gently warmed. The Bar Tender came to our table to demonstrate the method used to warm the drink over boiling water with a vapor seal on the glass. Both the temperature and aroma were perfect. Great evening!! Wonderful memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restarauntSlgrayDined on 8/22/2014This is our go to when in Indy...to the point that we don't get to the many other interesting looking restaraunts in town.Special Features:
- the bestcindianaVIPDined on 8/22/2014food, service, pricey but you get what you pay for - server didn't miss a beat & we didn't feel rushed - definitely on my "special" listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie Merlot'sLakersVIPDined on 8/19/2014Lives up to its reputation--food service were wonderful.Special Features:
- birthday dinner outBDDiningDined on 8/18/2014Eddie merlotts is always a pleasure for that special occasion. As usual the food and service were exceptional. The only down side was the temperature of the restaurant. COLD ! If they had a teemingly. full dining room it may have been ok. But as is it was, hard to fully enjoy the fine food when you are shivering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014We have been here a few times and we are never disappointed. The food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Berry Whites and SteaksIndyVisitor4SteaksDined on 8/16/2014Eddie's is always one of my favorites! The food is so delicious, especially the steaks and mushrooms. Try the Berry White martini ladies....its delicious and has a good kick!Special Features:
- NOLAOctober112013Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrating my birthday; waiter did good job despite having a table of 8 or 10 right next to us. Food was delicious; steaks were cooked to perfection. A free dessert was a nice touch. We missed having valet parking; parking spaces hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time, won't be the lastOurFavDined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed it! Kirstin was awesome! The chef was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing in every regard!!rogercbryanDined on 8/14/2014This was my first time visiting the restaurant and I was blown away. You have to try the bone in fillet.. It was out of this world amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- indyknDined on 8/13/2014eddie merlot's is with a doubt the best place to eat in Indianapolis, they can do it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014The service was fair at best, the waiter was AWOL at several times during our dining experience. The wait on the food was exceptionally long, I don't know if there was a problem in the kitchen or not. I based that observation on the fact that we dined there a couple weeks ago and ordered exactly the same menu items and the wait for the food was at least half the time we had to wait this time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A la CarteThankful2WriteDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I ate here because we had received a gift certificate for $100, which did not cover the cost of the meal (but close). Food and service were great, and we had a lively discussion over whether the experience was $100 good, comparing to other places where we've had food that tasted as good, but didn't cost as much. (We're normally quite frugal.) Everything on the menu was a la carte, even sides and salads, and my husband left saying he could have eaten more, though I was full. We had the Chateaubriand for Two plus mashed potatoes and asparagus, and a filet mignon pot stickers appetizer, all delicious. The service was exceptional -- if our server was unavailable, someone else would come to our table to see if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a friendDinerLeeDined on 8/8/2014From the appetizers through the after dinner drinks, the service, food and drink were all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedGbs1223Dined on 8/8/2014My husband said he's prefer a home cooked steak any day over the steak he got.
- JLCSDined on 8/7/2014Very good experience as always. Food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Even on a diet!MikroDined on 8/5/2014We celebrated my birthday at Eddie Merlot's but both my husband and I were on a diet that limited the foods we could eat. The waitress was very nice and helpful as we placed our order. The food was fabulous and filling. We shared a 10 ounce filet, a side of broccoli and a side of mushrooms. The restaurant was beautiful and quiet. We enjoyed plenty of conversation and good food in a very pleasant setting. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.