Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
3645 E. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (317) 846-8303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Dial
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On Friday's and Saturday's we have acoustic guitar or jazz in our lounge.
- Special Events: Open for Lunch from November 29th through December 24th Monday through
Friday, 11am - 2pm.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire, also live music on weekends in the lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)romantic (113)notable wine list (109)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (54)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Business/Pleasurekom33Dined on 11/16/2014My husband has dined here before with business associates when he wanted to have the food and atmosphere experience. This was my first time at Eddie Merlot's when we joined good friends for pleasure. I was not disappointed. The four of us are all on the Paleo way of eating and we felt the choices were there and when not 100% the server made sure to accommodate us to modify in ways we could enjoy. One suggestion I would make is having more Paleo choices as this seems to not only not be a fad, but an entire way of life for more and more people. The items could be starred or marked in some way to stand out. I think the restaurants that will do this in the future will be very, very popular...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good AtmosphereJeffDined on 11/15/2014I had made reservations and still had to wait an hour after arriving before being seated. It was rather unfortunate and my later plans were ruined. Once seated, the service and the food was great. I don't recommend the shrimp cocktail if you're a fan of St. Elmo's shrimp cocktail. The presentation is awesome with the dry ice, but the cocktail sauce doesn't taste like horseradish at all. It's kind of gross, to be honest, and at $20 was a disappointment. I also ordered the lobster bisque, bone-in filet and a lobster tail and those were fantastic. After tip, I was out about $300 for two people which is about what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration not what we hoped.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Waiter was annoying due to his rambling, slow and forgetful service. Food was good.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!Happy123Dined on 11/8/2014Eddie Merlots sets the bar for fine dining in Indianapolis. Our food was superb! Service was good, but a bit slow for my taste. Ambiance in the bar area is quieter than the restaurant, but got louder as the night went on. Overall though it was an excellent dining experience!Special Features:
- RXman1Dined on 11/8/2014We ate a bit earlier than usual as we had tickets to the symphony ( downtown). The service was very attentive without being bothersome. The food was prepared to our likeness ( both of us had beef) and was quite delicious. The sweet potato casserole and the brussel sprouts were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kristenVIPDined on 11/7/2014We recently discovered Eddie Merlot's, and have been back several times since our first meal. The menu is fantastic, and the food here is excellent! The steak temperatures are always spot on, the food quality is very high, and everything we have ordered from appetizers, to sides, to desserts has been excellent. We are very impressed with this restaurant, and will continue to go back on a frequent basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itKatomineDined on 11/3/2014Everything was perfect!! From the cocktails to dessert. Everything was scrumptious. Loved the bourbon marinated ribeye. We tried 3 different salads, they were all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantteardropeatsDined on 11/1/2014I was blown away with the service I received from our waitress Kim and the male host at the door. In addition, our food was cooked to perfection and the cocktails were excellent. There are regular steakhouse priced items on the menu but there is also a section of the menu with $27 items so you don't have to break the bank when you eat there. My dessert was also excellent and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItWINEDined on 10/31/2014Server Amy was Great.......Loved everything about the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014A great menu that is always being tweeked. Superb serviceSpecial Features:
- Superb Food and ServiceSilvermanDined on 10/29/2014Excellent dinner. Steak was cooked perfectly and tasted great. You won't be disappointed with the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014My husband and I dine quite frequently at Eddie Merlot's and the food and service is always exceptional.Special Features:
- 49 and counting....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2014My wife and I celebrated my 49th birthday at Eddie Merlot's in Indianapolis. Our waiter (Don) took great care of us. He was friendly, informative and entertaining. The atmosphere was warm and pleasant. The food was outstanding. I started with the French onion soup and my wife had the Caesar Salad. I asked Don to please have the soup really hot. The soup came out piping hot. Delicious! I had the filet with Eddie's potatoes and my wife had the New Orleans dish. We both were very satisfied. Don offered me a birthday dessert and I selected the Red Velvet cupcake. It was really tasty. The overall evening was very enjoyable. Thanks for spoiling me on my birthday! Bradley Phelps, CAASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!lmaaDined on 10/18/2014What a delicious meal! It was clear from others around us that this was a special occasion place. So many people there celebrating. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our 5 year anniversary at Eddie Merlots and loved every second of the experience. The servers were generous and quick, appetizers were amazing, and steaks were the best we've ever had. The staff even let me bring in our own wedding cake to celebrate the anniversary and helped me surprise my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014My new favorite resturaunt for a date night with my wife, which we don't get often. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceBillyboyDined on 10/15/2014Horrible-no attention to table-ordered fries -received chip-informed waiter,did not see him again until he brought check.cheeseburger was well done instead of medium rare-had to eat because waiter did not return until end of dinner.when waiter first came to table he did not tell us his nameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CMacDined on 10/13/2014First time here for the four of us and we all loved it. Steaks were all cooked to perfection but what really wowed us was the sides. We all got something different and everything was wonderful. The flaming brownie dessert at the end was great too. Without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, steak places in town. The decor is very Boca Raton, circa 1998, but obviously the staff has no choice in that. If anyone is reading this, ask for Julie as your server, she was the best!!!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysSteveVIPDined on 10/13/2014I have yet to order anything that wasn't superb. I would recommend eddies for any occasion or no occasion at all.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerDannyBoyDined on 10/11/2014Our 20th wedding anniversary was celebrated at Eddie Merlot's ... our first visit there. We were so very impressed. Food was top notch, but so was the service and atmosphere. Fantastic time! We will be back ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse coutureKDubbDined on 10/10/2014If you're looking for a beautiful steakhouse (I know it sounds dichotomous), Eddie Merlot's fits the billSpecial Features:
- StretchDined on 10/10/2014A bit pricey but excellent over-all. Only minus was the gentlemen who strolled around and checked with us and the other tables. His dress was very messy and over-all very obnoxious. Surprised manager allowed it.Special Features:
- OutstandingMicheleDined on 10/7/2014Food & service was outstanding! Special Anniversary dinner was indeed specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentJerryVIPDined on 10/5/2014Visiting Eddie Merlot's is a consistent experience. The food is always very good and the service is generally excellent. A lot of time is spent on the details. Strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Had a great time. Food was amazing, service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkIndyfoodieDined on 10/5/2014Service was slow to start but finally came and was friendly. It was over an hour before we got our entree. Manager comped our appetizer which nice. Steaks were good. Not terrible but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerDined on 10/5/2014Unlike many upscale Steak Houses, the Seafood and sides are also superb. By far the best overall restaurant in Indianapolis. To make your dining experience even better, request Kim as your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal for a special occasionChopfatherDined on 10/4/2014If you are looking for an excellent steak and meal, this is an outstanding selection. The evening we chose had a local singer in the bar area where we were. He was good and it brought a nice touch to our fabulous meal. The food is not cheap, but you get what you pay for and this IS worth the money. Cheers,Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!IndyAndyDined on 10/4/2014Eddie's is the best. They don't cut any corners. Everything is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just an off dayOTfor2Dined on 10/4/2014Not a good experience for birthday dinner for two. Hostess acknowledged special occasion but no dessert offered by waiter. Order not correct. Too many servers who did not seem to be communicating with each other.
- Special occasion first choiceTheRobertsDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I absolutely love Eddie Merlot's. We enjoy the wonderful atmosphere, delicious food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!SSSsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful dinner. The food was excellent. Live music playing in the bar. The only slight negative was the service. It was a little slow but not bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014We have been going to Eddie Merlots for several years. Sometimes with friends and sometimes on date night. The food is always great, but this time we felt like the place could use some updates decor wise. The furniture was worn looking and outdated. We realize the place has been around for a long time, but could become a little more warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - OK ServiceFoodforThoughtDined on 10/4/2014Not sure I would book through Open Table again for this restaurant. I specifically noted that my reservation was a birthday dinner and to please have a slice of cake or a cupcake with a candle in it for the birthday guest at the end of the dinner. Well, that request did not filter down to our server and I was forced to spoil the surprise and ask for a birthday dessert in front of the birthday boy. The server spent an inordinate amount of time upselling appetizers and wine - upselling us one time should have been enough. I tipped him 25% because he obviously needed the money, but I wouldn't recommend Eddie Merlot's for a special occasion if you want any of it to be a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for celebrationsnelleVIPDined on 10/4/2014Always a perfect place to celebrate special occasions. They always make it personal and make everyone feel special besides having wonderful food.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014This was our first time to visit. Our waiter was Robert and he was very knowledgeable and helpful to us on making our decesion. We ordered the calimari for the appitizer. It was perfectly cooked. We had the "3 white flights" wine. Three different white wines that went very well with the dinner. The filet mignon were cooked right to order.Special Features:
- Love Eddie'sMamaJDined on 10/3/2014This was our second visit. This visit, however didn't go as smoothly as the first. I, once again, ordered the 7 oz. filet. My husband ordered the filet trio. Of the three only one was cooked medium rare (as requested). Both were medium to medium-well. The filet that medium-rare was the peppercorn. Although cooked correctly, the over abundance of peppercorn "sauce" left that filet inedible. Had out waiter, Mike, not been so overly apologetic and willing to do whatever it took to keep us happy, this meal could have ended negatively. Mike was amazing and offered to take the cost of the steak off our bill and in addition, gave us free dessert. Mike was the hero and went above-and-beyond to make sure we were satisfied. Way to go, Mike!Special Features:
- Tasty, good service, but YIKE$$$$WeLikeToEatDined on 10/3/2014There is nothing wrong with the food here. In fact it's wonderful. There's nothing wrong with the service here. It's attentive. The trouble (for us) is that the price is just tough to justify. We may just not be there target, but I think there are similar places in the 5 mile radius that are better and priced better.
- Anniversary CelebrationtbrusseDined on 10/2/2014We were celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary. We requested a quiet booth and a specific waitress. We got both. The food was cooked to perfection and the service was impeccable. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightkdeller96Dined on 10/1/2014Service was excellent. The appetizer, steaks and side dishes were excellent. Extensive wine list. I love smores and they had a smore dessert however it was cold and was supposed to be warm when served and it was missing the chocolate. The server made up for it by sending us home with another dessert. However I was really looking forward to the smore dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.