Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
3645 E. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 3178468303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Dial
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On Friday's and Saturday's we have acoustic guitar or jazz in our lounge.
- Special Events: Open for Lunch from November 29th through December 24th Monday through
Friday, 11am - 2pm.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire, also live music on weekends in the lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)romantic (111)notable wine list (102)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (13)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014We were delayed on our celebration of our 61st anniversary due to hip replacement surgery. This visit was a combination of celebrating the anniversary and my 80th birthday. Zach was our server and he was fabulous. We will recommend and we will return. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Jim PlummerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The setting is quite stunning. Our waitress Kimberly was the star of the show. She definitely made our experience complete. The food was exquisite. I would reccomend asking for her if you make reservations. Not only did she make us feel comfortable but her knowledge of the food and was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 46th Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We chose Eddie Merlot's for our special occasion and could not be happier with our choice. I had Maryland crab cakes, french onion soup and the bone-in 14 oz filet, while my wife enjoyed a Waldorf salad, lobster bisque and the Trio of Medallions. We shared Eddie's Mixed Berries prepared table side by our wonderful waitress, Kim. She also presented us with a candlelit Red Velvet cupcake in honor of our anniversary. We accompanied our meal with a good merlot from their extensive wine list. All the food was excellent and the steaks were cooked to perfection. We could not be happier with our choice of dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the steaksquaintVIPDined on 8/30/2014I like every single food item on the menu and I love the drinks they make. The filet is to die for and I would eat a filet from there every day of my lifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BugsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great atmosphere but I wish there weren't any fruit flies around my foodSpecial Features:
- excellentDallasusa11Dined on 8/26/2014The food and service was outstanding. It was a little hard to see the menu where I was sitting because of poor lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of food not superiorIndypopoDined on 8/24/2014We have been to this establishment a number of times and it seemed, to our entire party, the quality of the steak was not the quality we have had before. I seemed that because they were running a special, they used a lower quality of steak. The green beans seemed to be right from a bag with very little taste to them. The Cesar salad was good.Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre service.mmmfiletmignonDined on 8/24/2014First of all, the food was delicious! I highly recommend the filet mignon and garlic mashed potatoes if you ever visit. However, most of the staff seemed rather snooty, ESPECIALLY our server. I will say that our hostess was such a sweetheart and the manager was a gentlemen. Overall, we just weren't impressed with the atmosphere and service.Special Features:
- Steakhouse ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Eddie Melort's is THE place for great steak in Indianapolis. Best I've ever had. Underrated. Service was wonderful and my waitress was knowledgeable and all recommendations were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoflomoDined on 8/23/2014Delicious and lots of fun! Always great food and service.Special Features:
- randybrock46151Dined on 8/22/2014We were greeted with a very friendly host and seated quickly. Our servicer Zac was great he quick to wait on us and very helpful in helping us decide what we were having to eat with several suggestion which were just as he decribed . Food was outstanding. We had a very enjoyable evening. Thanks to everyone at Eddie Merlot`sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary No. 33SteveDined on 8/22/2014Eddie Merlot's was in a word, PERFECT. We were fortunate to have friends join us to celebrate our 33rd Wedding Anniversary. Of course we started the meal with the shrimp cocktail, which has a fabulous presentation! My guest and his wife enjoyed the NY Strip and the Triple Steak Medallions; my wife truly enjoyed the pork chops (it had to be a double portion); I enjoyed the Lobster Bisque and the Merlot Salad. Our server was energetic and attentive. We asked to have our after dinner Courvoisier gently warmed. The Bar Tender came to our table to demonstrate the method used to warm the drink over boiling water with a vapor seal on the glass. Both the temperature and aroma were perfect. Great evening!! Wonderful memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restarauntSlgrayDined on 8/22/2014This is our go to when in Indy...to the point that we don't get to the many other interesting looking restaraunts in town.Special Features:
- the bestcindianaVIPDined on 8/22/2014food, service, pricey but you get what you pay for - server didn't miss a beat & we didn't feel rushed - definitely on my "special" listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie Merlot'sLakersVIPDined on 8/19/2014Lives up to its reputation--food service were wonderful.Special Features:
- birthday dinner outBDDiningDined on 8/18/2014Eddie merlotts is always a pleasure for that special occasion. As usual the food and service were exceptional. The only down side was the temperature of the restaurant. COLD ! If they had a teemingly. full dining room it may have been ok. But as is it was, hard to fully enjoy the fine food when you are shivering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014We have been here a few times and we are never disappointed. The food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Berry Whites and SteaksIndyVisitor4SteaksDined on 8/16/2014Eddie's is always one of my favorites! The food is so delicious, especially the steaks and mushrooms. Try the Berry White martini ladies....its delicious and has a good kick!Special Features:
- NOLAOctober112013Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrating my birthday; waiter did good job despite having a table of 8 or 10 right next to us. Food was delicious; steaks were cooked to perfection. A free dessert was a nice touch. We missed having valet parking; parking spaces hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time, won't be the lastOurFavDined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed it! Kirstin was awesome! The chef was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing in every regard!!rogercbryanDined on 8/14/2014This was my first time visiting the restaurant and I was blown away. You have to try the bone in fillet.. It was out of this world amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- indyknDined on 8/13/2014eddie merlot's is with a doubt the best place to eat in Indianapolis, they can do it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014The service was fair at best, the waiter was AWOL at several times during our dining experience. The wait on the food was exceptionally long, I don't know if there was a problem in the kitchen or not. I based that observation on the fact that we dined there a couple weeks ago and ordered exactly the same menu items and the wait for the food was at least half the time we had to wait this time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A la CarteThankful2WriteDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I ate here because we had received a gift certificate for $100, which did not cover the cost of the meal (but close). Food and service were great, and we had a lively discussion over whether the experience was $100 good, comparing to other places where we've had food that tasted as good, but didn't cost as much. (We're normally quite frugal.) Everything on the menu was a la carte, even sides and salads, and my husband left saying he could have eaten more, though I was full. We had the Chateaubriand for Two plus mashed potatoes and asparagus, and a filet mignon pot stickers appetizer, all delicious. The service was exceptional -- if our server was unavailable, someone else would come to our table to see if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a friendDinerLeeDined on 8/8/2014From the appetizers through the after dinner drinks, the service, food and drink were all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedGbs1223Dined on 8/8/2014My husband said he's prefer a home cooked steak any day over the steak he got.
- JLCSDined on 8/7/2014Very good experience as always. Food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Even on a diet!MikroDined on 8/5/2014We celebrated my birthday at Eddie Merlot's but both my husband and I were on a diet that limited the foods we could eat. The waitress was very nice and helpful as we placed our order. The food was fabulous and filling. We shared a 10 ounce filet, a side of broccoli and a side of mushrooms. The restaurant was beautiful and quiet. We enjoyed plenty of conversation and good food in a very pleasant setting. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDeanDined on 8/1/2014Great food as usual. We ordered from the summer special and were very pleased with the portions and presentation. Nick, our server, was perfectly attentive and not the least bit annoying. We will continue going there for special and even semi-special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSammieDined on 7/29/2014Great experience as always. Great food, great service and nice ambiance. Yearly Anniversary celebration dinnerSpecial Features:
- First timeTeeRDined on 7/26/2014My husband & I dined here on 7/26/14. Friends had told us the food was great but the servers were not all friendly. Our server (Erika I think) was superb! She suggested an outstanding Chardonnay, knew the menu very well, and was personable and friendly all the while respecting our privacy - we were celebrating our anniversary. Hubby had the bone-in rib eye and I had the sea bass - both were excellent. Two small disappointments - the bread served was bland & dull (dipping oil would have made a wonderful accompaniment) and the waffle chip served with my husband's steak was stale. Carrot cake for dessert was good but nothing special. All in all, we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie'sMilanoDined on 7/26/2014Great meal value in the Chef's Selections on the menu. Always good food, good service and a very attentative manager making sure all is well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Forks upasdf1234VIPDined on 7/26/2014Yikes going to be hard to beat. Everything was positively perfect. Food was flavorful, ambiance was super comfortable and peaceful and the service was outstanding. This is one time I mention our server his name is Jorge. He was clever, witty, courteous and professional all added to the experience. My wife had leftover steak that was almost even better the next day. Flavor galore. We dine frequently near and far and The name of this place is fitting. A total class act and so far our number 1 place in the country.Special Features:
- Good food & great servicemoms4VIPDined on 7/24/2014Eddie Merlots is an ace in the hole! Filets were fabulous. Our waiter was very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressive relative to priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Burnt aged New York Strip with unimpressive flavor. Ordered drinks, waited extensive amount of time, had to ask a second time for the same drink; high end restaurant such as this should either not overburden a single server with six tables or have the ability to provide assistance to the server with food and drink.Special Features:
- Eddie Merlot'sKellygrlDined on 7/21/2014Eddie Merlot's has maintained the high quality of food, service and the overall appearance of the restaurant since it first opened. I always enjoy dining at Eddie's because it is a first-class place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightIamwhatIeatDined on 7/19/2014I decided to take my girlfriend to Eddie Merlot's after reading the reviews on many restaurants to determine which one was the best place to take an amazing, beautiful lady. Eating at Eddie Merlot's was an experience we will both remember for a long time. The staff was attentive to providing us with a very elegant evening, and the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Great night outKulerfullVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food was great! We both had steak. The watermelon salad was delightful! It was quiet enough to talk without straining to hear. We will go back!Special Features:
- Had a fantastic experience.KCDC46040Dined on 7/18/2014Food and service were outstanding, and the overall dining experience was worth the visit. The restaurant is great, and the summer special made it better, as our plan was to get filets. We will definitely continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceConnieDined on 7/18/2014Nick was absolutely wonderful. One of our party was hard of hearing and he made sure she could understand him. The entire evening was superb.Special Features: