Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
3645 E. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 3178468303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Dial
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: On Friday's and Saturday's we have acoustic guitar or jazz in our lounge.
- Special Events: Open for Lunch from November 29th through December 24th Monday through
Friday, 11am - 2pm.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire, also live music on weekends in the lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Eddie Merlot's - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (189)romantic (123)notable wine list (118)fit for foodies (84)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fantastic!lmaaDined on 10/18/2014What a delicious meal! It was clear from others around us that this was a special occasion place. So many people there celebrating. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our 5 year anniversary at Eddie Merlots and loved every second of the experience. The servers were generous and quick, appetizers were amazing, and steaks were the best we've ever had. The staff even let me bring in our own wedding cake to celebrate the anniversary and helped me surprise my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014My new favorite resturaunt for a date night with my wife, which we don't get often. I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceBillyboyDined on 10/15/2014Horrible-no attention to table-ordered fries -received chip-informed waiter,did not see him again until he brought check.cheeseburger was well done instead of medium rare-had to eat because waiter did not return until end of dinner.when waiter first came to table he did not tell us his nameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CMacDined on 10/13/2014First time here for the four of us and we all loved it. Steaks were all cooked to perfection but what really wowed us was the sides. We all got something different and everything was wonderful. The flaming brownie dessert at the end was great too. Without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, steak places in town. The decor is very Boca Raton, circa 1998, but obviously the staff has no choice in that. If anyone is reading this, ask for Julie as your server, she was the best!!!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysSteveVIPDined on 10/13/2014I have yet to order anything that wasn't superb. I would recommend eddies for any occasion or no occasion at all.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerDannyBoyDined on 10/11/2014Our 20th wedding anniversary was celebrated at Eddie Merlot's ... our first visit there. We were so very impressed. Food was top notch, but so was the service and atmosphere. Fantastic time! We will be back ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse coutureKDubbDined on 10/10/2014If you're looking for a beautiful steakhouse (I know it sounds dichotomous), Eddie Merlot's fits the billSpecial Features:
- StretchDined on 10/10/2014A bit pricey but excellent over-all. Only minus was the gentlemen who strolled around and checked with us and the other tables. His dress was very messy and over-all very obnoxious. Surprised manager allowed it.Special Features:
- OutstandingMicheleDined on 10/7/2014Food & service was outstanding! Special Anniversary dinner was indeed specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentJerryVIPDined on 10/5/2014Visiting Eddie Merlot's is a consistent experience. The food is always very good and the service is generally excellent. A lot of time is spent on the details. Strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Had a great time. Food was amazing, service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkIndyfoodieDined on 10/5/2014Service was slow to start but finally came and was friendly. It was over an hour before we got our entree. Manager comped our appetizer which nice. Steaks were good. Not terrible but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerDined on 10/5/2014Unlike many upscale Steak Houses, the Seafood and sides are also superb. By far the best overall restaurant in Indianapolis. To make your dining experience even better, request Kim as your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal for a special occasionChopfatherDined on 10/4/2014If you are looking for an excellent steak and meal, this is an outstanding selection. The evening we chose had a local singer in the bar area where we were. He was good and it brought a nice touch to our fabulous meal. The food is not cheap, but you get what you pay for and this IS worth the money. Cheers,Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!IndyAndyDined on 10/4/2014Eddie's is the best. They don't cut any corners. Everything is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just an off dayOTfor2Dined on 10/4/2014Not a good experience for birthday dinner for two. Hostess acknowledged special occasion but no dessert offered by waiter. Order not correct. Too many servers who did not seem to be communicating with each other.
- Special occasion first choiceTheRobertsDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I absolutely love Eddie Merlot's. We enjoy the wonderful atmosphere, delicious food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!SSSsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful dinner. The food was excellent. Live music playing in the bar. The only slight negative was the service. It was a little slow but not bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014We have been going to Eddie Merlots for several years. Sometimes with friends and sometimes on date night. The food is always great, but this time we felt like the place could use some updates decor wise. The furniture was worn looking and outdated. We realize the place has been around for a long time, but could become a little more warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - OK ServiceFoodforThoughtDined on 10/4/2014Not sure I would book through Open Table again for this restaurant. I specifically noted that my reservation was a birthday dinner and to please have a slice of cake or a cupcake with a candle in it for the birthday guest at the end of the dinner. Well, that request did not filter down to our server and I was forced to spoil the surprise and ask for a birthday dessert in front of the birthday boy. The server spent an inordinate amount of time upselling appetizers and wine - upselling us one time should have been enough. I tipped him 25% because he obviously needed the money, but I wouldn't recommend Eddie Merlot's for a special occasion if you want any of it to be a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for celebrationsnelleVIPDined on 10/4/2014Always a perfect place to celebrate special occasions. They always make it personal and make everyone feel special besides having wonderful food.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014This was our first time to visit. Our waiter was Robert and he was very knowledgeable and helpful to us on making our decesion. We ordered the calimari for the appitizer. It was perfectly cooked. We had the "3 white flights" wine. Three different white wines that went very well with the dinner. The filet mignon were cooked right to order.Special Features:
- Love Eddie'sMamaJDined on 10/3/2014This was our second visit. This visit, however didn't go as smoothly as the first. I, once again, ordered the 7 oz. filet. My husband ordered the filet trio. Of the three only one was cooked medium rare (as requested). Both were medium to medium-well. The filet that medium-rare was the peppercorn. Although cooked correctly, the over abundance of peppercorn "sauce" left that filet inedible. Had out waiter, Mike, not been so overly apologetic and willing to do whatever it took to keep us happy, this meal could have ended negatively. Mike was amazing and offered to take the cost of the steak off our bill and in addition, gave us free dessert. Mike was the hero and went above-and-beyond to make sure we were satisfied. Way to go, Mike!Special Features:
- Tasty, good service, but YIKE$$$$WeLikeToEatDined on 10/3/2014There is nothing wrong with the food here. In fact it's wonderful. There's nothing wrong with the service here. It's attentive. The trouble (for us) is that the price is just tough to justify. We may just not be there target, but I think there are similar places in the 5 mile radius that are better and priced better.
- Anniversary CelebrationtbrusseDined on 10/2/2014We were celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary. We requested a quiet booth and a specific waitress. We got both. The food was cooked to perfection and the service was impeccable. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightkdeller96Dined on 10/1/2014Service was excellent. The appetizer, steaks and side dishes were excellent. Extensive wine list. I love smores and they had a smore dessert however it was cold and was supposed to be warm when served and it was missing the chocolate. The server made up for it by sending us home with another dessert. However I was really looking forward to the smore dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealChristieDined on 9/28/2014We have been here before and once again they delivered a great and service was excellent. What more is there to say?Special Features:
- BonedaddyDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic Food, Super Service, alot of Bang for the Buck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great dining experienceeddiesforanniveraryDined on 9/27/2014This was probably the fifth time we have dined at Eddie Merlots. They never fail to provide the absolute best steak in the Indianapolis area. I have tried most of the other steakhouses in Indianapolis and Eddie Merlots is the best. The service is always top notch as well.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!lovetoeatoutDined on 9/27/2014It has been awhile since we dined at this restaurant. We were not disappointed! We each had a steak and split a lobster tail. We were both completely satisfied - and of course, the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- $$$$cindianaVIPDined on 9/27/2014great steaks, you get what you pay for :) - service is attentive without being over-bearing - good wine list but nothing under $40 :|Special Features:
- Highly RecommendBeauDined on 9/27/2014Nothing but positive things to say. Although EM is known for steak & seafood, my wife and I are vegetarian and we had a great experience and fantastic food!Special Features:
- amyamym7Dined on 9/26/2014We went for the annual Northside Nights 3 courses for $30 event. Place was packed and seemed short on wait staff. Took forever for us to be acknowledged to get our drink order in and that was by a server that was not ours. Food was nothing special. Very noisy. Not sure if they were overwhelmed by the Northside Night event and were not prepared. Overall, very disappointed in the overall experience.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentRoyceDined on 9/25/2014Another great meal at Eddie Merlot's. It's my wife and I's go-to restaurant for special occasions, and they never disappoint. Our waiter Nick was great (especially the Bananas Foster that he prepared), and nearby Alicia was charming and gracious. The cocktail was generously sized and reasonably priced, and the appetizers (escargot), salad (Waldorf), and entrée (filet and ahi tuna) were all exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Experience!BobandDianaDined on 9/25/2014Eddie's provided a great dining experience once again. The service was attentive and the food and wine were wonderful. Would definitely recommend Eddie's!Special Features:
- FoodieTooDined on 9/25/2014My girlfriend and I were really looking forward to having a nice dinner for girls night out. I was disappointed in the quality of the filet I had. Also, this is not a good restaurant for conversing because of the noise level.Special Features:
- not so muchDinnerDined on 9/24/2014The greeting was great, our waiter was awful. We waited over 15 minutes for our drinks, then another 15 minutes before he returned to take our appetizer order, which took a good while to arrive. Then he finally took our dinner order. It took 40 minutes for dinner to arrive and the Steaks were a little over cooked, the Salmon was very dry and verging on burnt. The pork chop was rated as excellent. The music was so loud that a table of 4 could hardly hear each other speak without leaning in to hear. $310 without wine, was a steep price and I doubt I would return. I can get a great steak elsewhere.Special Features:
- Corporate GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Normally, I ADORE Eddie Merlot's. It was one of the reasons why I suggested it to my manager as a place to take our out of town Corporate Guests for our night out. However, the service and speed of service were lacking. Very much lacking. We had a 3.5 hour dinner, for 5 people. This was entirely to long. My boss commented to me on the poor service and that it took to long for us to eat and be served. The food was good, but unfortunately, after a full day's meeting, the guests and my boss were not impressed with being out longer than they wanted.Special Features:
- Eddie Merlot'sLakersVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food and service were great. Very dependable on quality of food.Special Features: