Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
1502 Illinois Road South
Fort Wayne, IN 46804Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 2604592222x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Nolot
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Eddie Merlot’s offers decadent cuisine from our specially designed pre-set dinner menus, as well as selections from our regular dinner menu. Offering USDA Prime Beef as well as fine seafood entrees, your guests are sure to be pleased! Our preset dinners offer an hors d’oeuvres course, as well as salad, choice of many exquisite entrees, accompaniments that can be served family style or plated, and desserts that are sure to wow! Private Lunches are also available for groups of 15 or more.
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Intimate Area, which can seat approximately 20 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 60 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Emily Wagner 2604592222x
- Entertainment: Eddie Merlot's offers live music in our lounge every Friday and Saturday evening.
- Special Events: Host a large celebration, wedding, or fundraiser at Eddie Merlot’s! For information regarding rental of the entire restaurant, please contact us directly.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
Eddie Merlot's Prime Aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef. Only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this superior certification. Eddie Merlot’s ages the beef naturally to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef then personally selects each piece for the optimum proportion of marbling, and texture, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender, and juicy steaks to your specifications. To seal in the flavor, the steak is flash-sear on high-heat grills. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne - Best Restaurants in Fort Wayne ›
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (36)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- New Menu items - deliciousirie1029Dined on 10/21/2014We tried the new menu items and enjoyed. Hubby had the Veal Oscar & loved it. I had the Lobster Roll off of the lounge menu. As a New Englander, I can say it was perfect! Even had the correct grilled roll and it was well seasoned. A friend had the filet sliders, so glad they kept that item when they revised the lounge menu. Truffle fries were delicious as always. My only request is that they serve Lobster Bisque in a cup. A bowl of Bisque is too rich and filling as a starter.Special Features:
- ExcellentJenJenDined on 10/18/2014First time we had been seated in the intimate room. It was quieter than the other dining areas. Loved it. We had an outstanding server though I can't remember her name. Food & drink were delicious. Best experience that we have had at Eddies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday/ Anniversary CelebrationpurdycuteDined on 10/18/2014We had a party of five for a birthday and anniversary celebration. The food was great. Service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodRxKarynVIPDined on 10/17/2014Thanks to Mark for taking excellent care of us. Oysters Rockefeller are delicious and the twin lobster tails were very succulent!Special Features:
- themainefoodiethemainefoodieDined on 10/10/2014Table of 4 and all it was all very good with one suggestion. The mashed potatoes had no gravy nor was butter supplied. White lumps just sat there.Special Features:
- like2eatDined on 10/4/2014My sisters and I meet once a year for a weekend getaway. I choose Eddie Merlot's because I wanted a special restaurant where we could go that would be more upscale and fun. Eddie Merlot's was perfects! The restaurant is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the service is excellent. It was a special dining experience for us that we definitely will use next fall when we get together again in Ft/ Wayne for our yearly weekend away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationejeatsDined on 9/28/2014What a wonderful meal for a family dinner. We dined late on a Sunday afternoon so things were quiet. The filets were tasty. Mom loved the meatloaf! Service was great too. Can't wait for another birthday to celebrate!Special Features:
- It's always delicious at Eddie'sKarenDined on 9/26/2014We love Eddie Merlot's! We had salmon & meatloaf - wonderful! Also romaine Waldorf salad, sea bass & of course any steak. Great service,nice lounge menu, wonderful live music - it's one of our favorites!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Everything2dineforDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent! Service was extraordinary! One the finest places to go for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a Smiletpelick28Dined on 9/15/2014My girlfriend and I went to Eddie Merlot's for our 1 year anniversary and our service was amazing! I think our waitress's name was Jennifer, but she went above an beyond in her normal duties to accommodate my girlfriend and I and make sure we had everything we needed and that everything was cooked/prepared the way we wanted it to be. I would honestly have to say it was the best service I have ever received at a restaurant, hands down. The food was expensive, but the atmosphere and ambiance of the restaurant were top notch. You definitely get what you pay for. I will definitely be coming back for any other special occasion meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service should always be excellentnreich7Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and i went to get dessert and coffee a couple if nights ago. Our waitress treated us as though we werent deserving of her time because we werent ordering a full meal, even though it was 9pm at the time we came. Our server walked past us many times and did not check in on us routinely. The dessert was fabulous and the coffee as well, but there was no excuse for the lack of good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's BirthdayDiva4wineVIPDined on 9/7/2014We got to sit outside and although no sun on that side of the building (so a little chilly), it was still pleasant to enjoy the outdoors. We ate light, but still got enjoy our favorite dessert for his birthday - the carrot cake! And Sunday's are 1/2 price bottles of wine so I always take advantage of that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightNightonthetownDined on 9/6/2014Anytime my wife and I have a date night we end up at Eddie Merlot's. If you have never experienced the place you are in for a treat! A Barry White martini will make your night trust me.Special Features:
- Fabulous!RxKarynVIPDined on 9/6/2014Mark took great care of us. I tried a different drink tonight (Sangria) and loved it! The lobster tails were so tender and delicious!Special Features:
- Good dining experiencewedineoutDined on 9/5/2014We chose Eddie Merlot's for our anniversary celebration and I'm glad we did. The dining atmosphere was elegant and moderately quiet. Food was delicious, well presented and well prepared. Overall it was a very good experience.Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Went for birthday meal. Waitress was friendly but it took forever to get food, had to ask for bread, and plates were dirty. This place just isn't what it used to be. For the price, it's not worth it.
- My BirthdayDiva4wineVIPDined on 8/27/2014We chose to go to Eddie's even though we dine here all the time. We asked to sit outside since it was so nice out and told we couldn't because we had to walk through a room that was reserved for an entire group. :-( So we sat inside and yes, it was chilly because of the air conditioning. Teresa, our server, was awesome and VERY accommodating. It was a nice evening! Love the carrot cake dessert! We did the summer grill selection with a bottle of wine (all for me!) and it was a deceit wine. Along with the entrees we chose it was a great overall value. Thanks Eddie's, for making my birthday special!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceStephenVIPDined on 8/23/2014We visit Eddie Merlots in Fort Wayne about once every 6 weeks or so. It's one of our favorites and this visit was definitely up to par. The Rock Shrimp app is fantastic and definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were dining with a group of 5 and with family from out of town. Everyone had a great time, the food was excellent and the service was superb. Definitely one of the best restaurant experiences in Fort Wayne. We'll be sure to return at the next night out.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceFoodie1Dined on 8/17/2014It was a special anniversary and I mentioned it while I was making the reservations. We were greeted with congratulations. The food was very good. My ribeye was certainly one of the best I have had. My wife's grouper was very good as we're the sides. The desserts were very good. Unfortunately the service was a bit inattentive. Even though I had requested earlier, our beverages were not refilled until I asked another server to find our server. The restaurant was not crowded. The service kept me from giving five stars overall.Special Features:
- Excellent steakKattmanDined on 8/16/2014Had the bone in fillet, one of the best I ever had, oysters Rockefeller were also tops! Service was excellent, added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check it outOutoftownerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great seating in the bar/indoor patio area with very pleasant live entertainment. The special dinner package was great food and a tremendous value. The vegetables were prepared better than I have ever experienced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experiencejp12Dined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate my wife's birthday & had an excellent dining experience. The food was excellent and our server did a great job. It was a rather expensive night but for special occasions, you can't beat this restaurant. Additionally, if you have a bit of a budget, you can dine in the bar and it is much less expensive. Either way, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodRxKarynVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our server took great care of us. We thoroughly enjoyed our appetizers, entrees, drinks and desserts!Special Features:
- Oliver was the best!seiingDined on 8/4/2014We enjoyed great service, Oliver was just the best! He was informative, attentive, and everything you want when you're dining out. The food was excellent. My steak was perfect! Thank you!Special Features:
- Sat. eve at Eddie Merlot'sLeadogDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I like to go here for a special evening out and he prefers to dine in the beautiful bar area. We were seated in the middle (half in he bar, half in the bar atrium area). They were not busy and there were plenty of empty tables, but of course they seated a gentleman at the table next to us who decided to get obnoxious with his aging mother ... a real downer and I had to move around our table to hear my husband. Hate it when I get a bad table. Food was wonderful, service was good, will go back.Special Features:
- Good dining although expensivejbbnrDined on 7/26/2014The food at Eddie Merlot's is always good. This experience was just a tad under other visits, however. One steak arrived undercooked and the braised beef rib stroganoff was very rich. The meat was tender and very tasty, but overall, the dish was very rich, to the point of being much too rich. It appears that cocktails are getting smaller than in previous visits, which is troubling, since they charge a premium price. Also, they no longer have any red dressing for their salads. No French, no Red Russian....absolutely no reds! Some people like those dressings, so not sure why they don't offer them. The barbeque bacon wrapped shrimp was very sweet. Still a good place to eat, but didn't seem to be as high of standards as past visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Excellent food an service. By far one of the best restaurants in Fort Wayne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverchargedGoodhewsDined on 7/17/2014Went for a special they were having, two filets wine and a side for $90. Was convinced to try the chateaubriand which was better for less. But ended up being overcharged $50 and it wasn't as good as the filets we normally get. I contacted Eddie Merlot's general Manager about the overcharging and he said he would take care of it. Well we received a $50 gift card. I feel like it was too little. I overpaid my meal by $50, so they give me a $50 gift card I am stuck using at their restaurant. And we all know you can't get a meal for $50, so I would be forced to spend at least another $40 with Eddie Merlot's, which I feel is a bit of a rip off. I've had smaller issues at restaurant's like Olive Garden and had the whole meal comped.
- eapcjpDined on 7/12/2014Consistently great food and service! We have dined there for several occasions and have always been treated as special guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased but surprisedGB316Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good but not worthy of "you HAVE to eat here!" Service, as always, was top shelf! The food menu is still surprisingly unadventurous, lacking in any "you can't get this anywhere but Eddies" type of food. Perhaps the biggest surprise! For the quality of restaurant, menu, and most certainly the COST, you should NOT have to be swatting at flies throughout your meal!!!! Which my family & I had to do!! Completely unacceptable!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickiDined on 7/12/2014The food was delish and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy?JanetDined on 7/6/2014Went on a Sunday at 6. Dining room looked empty and we asked to sit in lounge. Took quite a while (by Eddie standards) for a server to come to table for drink order. Friends ordered bottle of wine and server disappeared for several minutes to locate wine chiller. Never came back to pour more wine and bottle was empty before he asked if they would like more poured! Water glasses were never refilled, we asked for more bread, but never delivered. Everyone kept mumbling about not enough help; however the lounge did not seem to see overly busy. This experience was out of character for Eddie s but does need to be addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeRxKarynVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had a great time with my hubby and no kids in the lounge. Enjoyed appetizers and Martinis. Service was good too!Special Features:
- Fun timesRxKarynVIPDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed sitting in the lounge and love the calamari and oysters rockefellar. Of course the French Martini and Strawberry Fields martinis are wonderful too!Special Features:
- The following 808 reviews are from the Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne reviews archive.
- Very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We dined here for our 22nd wedding anniversary. Best dining experience I must say by far!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberOutoftownerVIPDined on 6/23/2014Dining out is so much more than the food. The attitude and atmosphere of the restaurant add so much to the memory. If you have not been to Eddie Merlot's you need to check this place out as you too will have created new memories.
- outside diningDiva4wineVIPDined on 6/22/2014outside was nice. Maegan waited on us and was very engaging. unsure of which bottle of wine to order, she gave me a mini taste test of 3 small samples. Sundays are great buy days on wine, as bottles are half price!Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014I reserved this for your 39th wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed in the least. Everyone is so welcoming and very professional at the same time. Food was delightful as always. Fresh and exciting new dishes from the chef's there. Don't make it as offen as would like.Special Features:
- WonderfulRxKarynVIPDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service! Love coming to this special restaurant!Special Features: