Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
1502 Illinois Road South
Fort Wayne, IN 46804Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: (260) 459-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Nolot
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Eddie Merlot’s offers decadent cuisine from our specially designed pre-set dinner menus, as well as selections from our regular dinner menu. Offering USDA Prime Beef as well as fine seafood entrees, your guests are sure to be pleased! Our preset dinners offer an hors d’oeuvres course, as well as salad, choice of many exquisite entrees, accompaniments that can be served family style or plated, and desserts that are sure to wow! Private Lunches are also available for groups of 15 or more.
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Intimate Area, which can seat approximately 20 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 60 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Emily Wagner 2604592222x
- Entertainment: Eddie Merlot's offers live music in our lounge every Friday and Saturday evening.
- Special Events: Host a large celebration, wedding, or fundraiser at Eddie Merlot’s! For information regarding rental of the entire restaurant, please contact us directly.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
Eddie Merlot's Prime Aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef. Only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this superior certification. Eddie Merlot’s ages the beef naturally to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef then personally selects each piece for the optimum proportion of marbling, and texture, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender, and juicy steaks to your specifications. To seal in the flavor, the steak is flash-sear on high-heat grills. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne - Best Restaurants in Fort Wayne ›
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (43)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fabulous mealLuv2eatDined on 11/18/2014It was a business meal with great food, wine, and service. Have been here previously and will come again. No complaints. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very impressed with the people at Eddie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I had a great experience with the staff, they were very helpful and knowledgeable with the menu which helped because they guided us in the right direction which made the experience so much better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Mark is an excellent waiter. Would ask for him the next time. The crab stuffed shrimp was awesome. Melt in your mouth and to die for goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinning Experience!MealsoutDined on 11/7/2014Our favorite restaurant for special celebrations-44th Wedding Anniv Nov 7, 2014. Food was delicious (lobster tails prepared outstandingly to my taste); service was very attentive & friendly!! My wife always enjoys celebrating our anniversary meal at this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Great food and outstanding service! We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor serviceEponaDined on 11/6/2014Have dined here several times and the food is usually good but the service can vary. This time the waitress, while friendly, was not very attentive. She failed to check on us periodically and it took her a long time to bring something when we did happen to get her attention- and it didn't appear she was overwhelmed with tables. Dessert came after we were finished with coffee/tea and had about given up on this. No reason was given or apologies. Oysters, steak tartare, duck, escargot, and veal were all well prepared and delicious. Go here for the food, but be prepared for less then steller service or what you would expect based on the prices charged. Wine list is okay- but very heavy on CA wines and light on European.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightNightonthetownDined on 11/1/2014Always a good experience dining there. Some of the best food in Fort Wayne. We don't go out that often so we go there because we know it will be great.Special Features:
- Needs cozier seating.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Restaurant is very nice but seating is too open. My Wife and I were seated at a table (booths were all taken) and we didn't mind that. But a young couple came in after us and they refused to be seated in the open and left. But a few extended families were also seated in the open and they seemed to enjoy themselves. Prices are too high for young people and that could hurt your future growth. Noise seems to bounce around in the dining room which hurt the ambiance. Lighting should be updated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Option for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Eddie Merlot's has always been a quality place to dine. However, with a few other quality restaurants in town that have opened up over the past few years they are not the only QUALITY restaurant in town. The overall value seems to be in question when comparing to a "few" other restaurants that we frequent here in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RxKarynVIPDined on 10/26/2014We tried the new small place items of the Lobster Roll and Tempura shrimp tacos. They were delicious! So was the apple bread pudding for dessert. Of course, the Strawberry Fields and French martinis were tasty as always!Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Under cooked a meduim-well steak order. Disrupted the experience for my spouse who was there celebrating her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FORAwesomeDined on 10/24/2014We love Eddie's. Folks complain that it's expensive, but remember, you get what you pay for. Bread is wonderful, appetizers (I highly recommend the tempura green beans), entrees and side dishes that are large enough for 3 people.Special Features:
- not worth the priceeatlikeitisyourlastmealDined on 10/24/2014Our waitress couldn't explain the drinks or the food choices very well. We waited an unreasonably amount of time between servings. I ordered medium cooked bison and the slab winked at me it was so rare. I didn't bother sending it back because I didn't want to wait. I will say.. the portions are large. I would give EM's one more chance just to see if my experience was a fluke or standard.Special Features:
- Inexperienced wait stafflvfoodieDined on 10/24/2014While our lead waitress knew her stuff, ALL of the support staff was either new or not interested in making certain our table of six was well-served. Two of the staff constantly took the knives that had been set for our upcoming steaks, ignoring some settings and other dishes that needed taking. One took a martini early in the meal that the diner was still nursing. All courses, from bread to the soups, salads and especially the main course, were very long waits. The singer in the lounge was way too loud for a dining crowd.Special Features:
- Eddie marlotTnasty153Dined on 10/24/2014Had a very good time for my one year anniversory. Planning making it my spot every yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buddydogDined on 10/24/2014We usually come to this restaurant on birthdays & anniversaries as it is a bit pricey. However, the food and service do not disappoint! I loved the filet as it was cooked to perfection. The Mac 'N Cheese side dish was excellent. Service was very good when the server visited our table but she did seem to be a bit overwhelmed with the number of tables she was servicing. I would definitely recommend this if you are wanting a relaxing dining experience with excellent food. Just be prepared to spend in excess of $100 for a party of 2 if you get an appetizer & one drink each.Special Features:
- New Menu items - deliciousirie1029Dined on 10/21/2014We tried the new menu items and enjoyed. Hubby had the Veal Oscar & loved it. I had the Lobster Roll off of the lounge menu. As a New Englander, I can say it was perfect! Even had the correct grilled roll and it was well seasoned. A friend had the filet sliders, so glad they kept that item when they revised the lounge menu. Truffle fries were delicious as always. My only request is that they serve Lobster Bisque in a cup. A bowl of Bisque is too rich and filling as a starter.Special Features:
- ExcellentJenJenDined on 10/18/2014First time we had been seated in the intimate room. It was quieter than the other dining areas. Loved it. We had an outstanding server though I can't remember her name. Food & drink were delicious. Best experience that we have had at Eddies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday/ Anniversary CelebrationpurdycuteDined on 10/18/2014We had a party of five for a birthday and anniversary celebration. The food was great. Service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodRxKarynVIPDined on 10/17/2014Thanks to Mark for taking excellent care of us. Oysters Rockefeller are delicious and the twin lobster tails were very succulent!Special Features:
- themainefoodiethemainefoodieDined on 10/10/2014Table of 4 and all it was all very good with one suggestion. The mashed potatoes had no gravy nor was butter supplied. White lumps just sat there.Special Features:
- like2eatDined on 10/4/2014My sisters and I meet once a year for a weekend getaway. I choose Eddie Merlot's because I wanted a special restaurant where we could go that would be more upscale and fun. Eddie Merlot's was perfects! The restaurant is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the service is excellent. It was a special dining experience for us that we definitely will use next fall when we get together again in Ft/ Wayne for our yearly weekend away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationejeatsDined on 9/28/2014What a wonderful meal for a family dinner. We dined late on a Sunday afternoon so things were quiet. The filets were tasty. Mom loved the meatloaf! Service was great too. Can't wait for another birthday to celebrate!Special Features:
- It's always delicious at Eddie'sKarenDined on 9/26/2014We love Eddie Merlot's! We had salmon & meatloaf - wonderful! Also romaine Waldorf salad, sea bass & of course any steak. Great service,nice lounge menu, wonderful live music - it's one of our favorites!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Everything2dineforDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent! Service was extraordinary! One the finest places to go for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a Smiletpelick28Dined on 9/15/2014My girlfriend and I went to Eddie Merlot's for our 1 year anniversary and our service was amazing! I think our waitress's name was Jennifer, but she went above an beyond in her normal duties to accommodate my girlfriend and I and make sure we had everything we needed and that everything was cooked/prepared the way we wanted it to be. I would honestly have to say it was the best service I have ever received at a restaurant, hands down. The food was expensive, but the atmosphere and ambiance of the restaurant were top notch. You definitely get what you pay for. I will definitely be coming back for any other special occasion meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service should always be excellentnreich7Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and i went to get dessert and coffee a couple if nights ago. Our waitress treated us as though we werent deserving of her time because we werent ordering a full meal, even though it was 9pm at the time we came. Our server walked past us many times and did not check in on us routinely. The dessert was fabulous and the coffee as well, but there was no excuse for the lack of good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's BirthdayDiva4wineVIPDined on 9/7/2014We got to sit outside and although no sun on that side of the building (so a little chilly), it was still pleasant to enjoy the outdoors. We ate light, but still got enjoy our favorite dessert for his birthday - the carrot cake! And Sunday's are 1/2 price bottles of wine so I always take advantage of that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightNightonthetownDined on 9/6/2014Anytime my wife and I have a date night we end up at Eddie Merlot's. If you have never experienced the place you are in for a treat! A Barry White martini will make your night trust me.Special Features:
- Fabulous!RxKarynVIPDined on 9/6/2014Mark took great care of us. I tried a different drink tonight (Sangria) and loved it! The lobster tails were so tender and delicious!Special Features:
- Good dining experiencewedineoutDined on 9/5/2014We chose Eddie Merlot's for our anniversary celebration and I'm glad we did. The dining atmosphere was elegant and moderately quiet. Food was delicious, well presented and well prepared. Overall it was a very good experience.Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Went for birthday meal. Waitress was friendly but it took forever to get food, had to ask for bread, and plates were dirty. This place just isn't what it used to be. For the price, it's not worth it.
- My BirthdayDiva4wineVIPDined on 8/27/2014We chose to go to Eddie's even though we dine here all the time. We asked to sit outside since it was so nice out and told we couldn't because we had to walk through a room that was reserved for an entire group. :-( So we sat inside and yes, it was chilly because of the air conditioning. Teresa, our server, was awesome and VERY accommodating. It was a nice evening! Love the carrot cake dessert! We did the summer grill selection with a bottle of wine (all for me!) and it was a deceit wine. Along with the entrees we chose it was a great overall value. Thanks Eddie's, for making my birthday special!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceStephenVIPDined on 8/23/2014We visit Eddie Merlots in Fort Wayne about once every 6 weeks or so. It's one of our favorites and this visit was definitely up to par. The Rock Shrimp app is fantastic and definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were dining with a group of 5 and with family from out of town. Everyone had a great time, the food was excellent and the service was superb. Definitely one of the best restaurant experiences in Fort Wayne. We'll be sure to return at the next night out.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceFoodie1Dined on 8/17/2014It was a special anniversary and I mentioned it while I was making the reservations. We were greeted with congratulations. The food was very good. My ribeye was certainly one of the best I have had. My wife's grouper was very good as we're the sides. The desserts were very good. Unfortunately the service was a bit inattentive. Even though I had requested earlier, our beverages were not refilled until I asked another server to find our server. The restaurant was not crowded. The service kept me from giving five stars overall.Special Features:
- Excellent steakKattmanDined on 8/16/2014Had the bone in fillet, one of the best I ever had, oysters Rockefeller were also tops! Service was excellent, added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check it outOutoftownerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great seating in the bar/indoor patio area with very pleasant live entertainment. The special dinner package was great food and a tremendous value. The vegetables were prepared better than I have ever experienced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experiencejp12Dined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate my wife's birthday & had an excellent dining experience. The food was excellent and our server did a great job. It was a rather expensive night but for special occasions, you can't beat this restaurant. Additionally, if you have a bit of a budget, you can dine in the bar and it is much less expensive. Either way, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodRxKarynVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our server took great care of us. We thoroughly enjoyed our appetizers, entrees, drinks and desserts!Special Features: