Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
1502 Illinois Road South
Fort Wayne, IN 46804Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 2604592222x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Nolot
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Eddie Merlot’s offers decadent cuisine from our specially designed pre-set dinner menus, as well as selections from our regular dinner menu. Offering USDA Prime Beef as well as fine seafood entrees, your guests are sure to be pleased! Our preset dinners offer an hors d’oeuvres course, as well as salad, choice of many exquisite entrees, accompaniments that can be served family style or plated, and desserts that are sure to wow! Private Lunches are also available for groups of 15 or more.
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Intimate Area, which can seat approximately 20 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 60 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Emily Wagner 2604592222x
- Entertainment: Eddie Merlot's offers live music in our lounge every Friday and Saturday evening.
- Special Events: Host a large celebration, wedding, or fundraiser at Eddie Merlot’s! For information regarding rental of the entire restaurant, please contact us directly.
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne
Eddie Merlot's Prime Aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef. Only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this superior certification. Eddie Merlot’s ages the beef naturally to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef then personally selects each piece for the optimum proportion of marbling, and texture, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender, and juicy steaks to your specifications. To seal in the flavor, the steak is flash-sear on high-heat grills. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne - Best Restaurants in Fort Wayne ›
Eddie Merlot's - Fort Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (40)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (9)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Went for birthday meal. Waitress was friendly but it took forever to get food, had to ask for bread, and plates were dirty. This place just isn't what it used to be. For the price, it's not worth it.
- My BirthdayDiva4wineVIPDined on 8/27/2014We chose to go to Eddie's even though we dine here all the time. We asked to sit outside since it was so nice out and told we couldn't because we had to walk through a room that was reserved for an entire group. :-( So we sat inside and yes, it was chilly because of the air conditioning. Teresa, our server, was awesome and VERY accommodating. It was a nice evening! Love the carrot cake dessert! We did the summer grill selection with a bottle of wine (all for me!) and it was a deceit wine. Along with the entrees we chose it was a great overall value. Thanks Eddie's, for making my birthday special!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceStephenDined on 8/23/2014We visit Eddie Merlots in Fort Wayne about once every 6 weeks or so. It's one of our favorites and this visit was definitely up to par. The Rock Shrimp app is fantastic and definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were dining with a group of 5 and with family from out of town. Everyone had a great time, the food was excellent and the service was superb. Definitely one of the best restaurant experiences in Fort Wayne. We'll be sure to return at the next night out.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceFoodie1Dined on 8/17/2014It was a special anniversary and I mentioned it while I was making the reservations. We were greeted with congratulations. The food was very good. My ribeye was certainly one of the best I have had. My wife's grouper was very good as we're the sides. The desserts were very good. Unfortunately the service was a bit inattentive. Even though I had requested earlier, our beverages were not refilled until I asked another server to find our server. The restaurant was not crowded. The service kept me from giving five stars overall.Special Features:
- Excellent steakKattmanDined on 8/16/2014Had the bone in fillet, one of the best I ever had, oysters Rockefeller were also tops! Service was excellent, added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check it outOutoftownerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great seating in the bar/indoor patio area with very pleasant live entertainment. The special dinner package was great food and a tremendous value. The vegetables were prepared better than I have ever experienced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experiencejp12Dined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate my wife's birthday & had an excellent dining experience. The food was excellent and our server did a great job. It was a rather expensive night but for special occasions, you can't beat this restaurant. Additionally, if you have a bit of a budget, you can dine in the bar and it is much less expensive. Either way, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodRxKarynVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our server took great care of us. We thoroughly enjoyed our appetizers, entrees, drinks and desserts!Special Features:
- Oliver was the best!seiingDined on 8/4/2014We enjoyed great service, Oliver was just the best! He was informative, attentive, and everything you want when you're dining out. The food was excellent. My steak was perfect! Thank you!Special Features:
- Sat. eve at Eddie Merlot'sLeadogDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I like to go here for a special evening out and he prefers to dine in the beautiful bar area. We were seated in the middle (half in he bar, half in the bar atrium area). They were not busy and there were plenty of empty tables, but of course they seated a gentleman at the table next to us who decided to get obnoxious with his aging mother ... a real downer and I had to move around our table to hear my husband. Hate it when I get a bad table. Food was wonderful, service was good, will go back.Special Features:
- Good dining although expensivejbbnrDined on 7/26/2014The food at Eddie Merlot's is always good. This experience was just a tad under other visits, however. One steak arrived undercooked and the braised beef rib stroganoff was very rich. The meat was tender and very tasty, but overall, the dish was very rich, to the point of being much too rich. It appears that cocktails are getting smaller than in previous visits, which is troubling, since they charge a premium price. Also, they no longer have any red dressing for their salads. No French, no Red Russian....absolutely no reds! Some people like those dressings, so not sure why they don't offer them. The barbeque bacon wrapped shrimp was very sweet. Still a good place to eat, but didn't seem to be as high of standards as past visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Excellent food an service. By far one of the best restaurants in Fort Wayne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverchargedGoodhewsDined on 7/17/2014Went for a special they were having, two filets wine and a side for $90. Was convinced to try the chateaubriand which was better for less. But ended up being overcharged $50 and it wasn't as good as the filets we normally get. I contacted Eddie Merlot's general Manager about the overcharging and he said he would take care of it. Well we received a $50 gift card. I feel like it was too little. I overpaid my meal by $50, so they give me a $50 gift card I am stuck using at their restaurant. And we all know you can't get a meal for $50, so I would be forced to spend at least another $40 with Eddie Merlot's, which I feel is a bit of a rip off. I've had smaller issues at restaurant's like Olive Garden and had the whole meal comped.
- eapcjpDined on 7/12/2014Consistently great food and service! We have dined there for several occasions and have always been treated as special guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased but surprisedGB316Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good but not worthy of "you HAVE to eat here!" Service, as always, was top shelf! The food menu is still surprisingly unadventurous, lacking in any "you can't get this anywhere but Eddies" type of food. Perhaps the biggest surprise! For the quality of restaurant, menu, and most certainly the COST, you should NOT have to be swatting at flies throughout your meal!!!! Which my family & I had to do!! Completely unacceptable!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickiDined on 7/12/2014The food was delish and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy?JanetDined on 7/6/2014Went on a Sunday at 6. Dining room looked empty and we asked to sit in lounge. Took quite a while (by Eddie standards) for a server to come to table for drink order. Friends ordered bottle of wine and server disappeared for several minutes to locate wine chiller. Never came back to pour more wine and bottle was empty before he asked if they would like more poured! Water glasses were never refilled, we asked for more bread, but never delivered. Everyone kept mumbling about not enough help; however the lounge did not seem to see overly busy. This experience was out of character for Eddie s but does need to be addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeRxKarynVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had a great time with my hubby and no kids in the lounge. Enjoyed appetizers and Martinis. Service was good too!Special Features:
- Fun timesRxKarynVIPDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed sitting in the lounge and love the calamari and oysters rockefellar. Of course the French Martini and Strawberry Fields martinis are wonderful too!Special Features:
- Very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We dined here for our 22nd wedding anniversary. Best dining experience I must say by far!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberOutoftownerVIPDined on 6/23/2014Dining out is so much more than the food. The attitude and atmosphere of the restaurant add so much to the memory. If you have not been to Eddie Merlot's you need to check this place out as you too will have created new memories.
- outside diningDiva4wineVIPDined on 6/22/2014outside was nice. Maegan waited on us and was very engaging. unsure of which bottle of wine to order, she gave me a mini taste test of 3 small samples. Sundays are great buy days on wine, as bottles are half price!Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014I reserved this for your 39th wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed in the least. Everyone is so welcoming and very professional at the same time. Food was delightful as always. Fresh and exciting new dishes from the chef's there. Don't make it as offen as would like.Special Features:
- WonderfulRxKarynVIPDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service! Love coming to this special restaurant!Special Features:
- Awesome as usualMJL55Dined on 6/15/2014The service & food is always awesome. The special promotions for members of the platinum club are always a welcome bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got to sit outside!Diva4wineVIPDined on 6/15/2014We enjoy Eddie's so much and although windy outside, felt it was a warmer choice that dining in the air conditioning. Who wants to go to a restaurant in the summer and freeze, especially remembering the harsh winter we had. Food was good except the pork chop was VERY dry. The last time I ordered it (my previous visit) it was the moistest pork chop I'd ever had. This one was a very sharp contrast. Husband said the stroganoff was wonderful. Sundays are great because of the 1/2 bottles of wine and you can try something more upscale for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We had a great time and we will come back again. The food was great.Special Features:
- Tepid experiencelvfoodieDined on 6/8/2014Atypical Eddie Merlot's experience. Steak was great, sesame ahi tuna was disappointing, with what seemed like a basic soy dipping sauce (no special ingredients) and a far too large portion of tuna. Server uninformed and not forthcoming on the menu or our selections. As a result, we had unintentional double sides of potatoes and he forgot the brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- AmazingBjboDined on 6/7/2014Have to say, I get only get salmon once a year due to the fact that everyone seems to over cook it and over price it. My once a year experience is dedicated to Eddie Merlots and this exquisite meal. My wife had an excellent meal as well with a filet mingnon cut like butter. The waiter was ok, but since we didn't order wine and an appetitizer we seemed to feel like we got the cold shoulder. Not saying that was the case, cause he just could've been an introverted person and interacting didn't come so easy. Overall this place made an excellent moment for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary GemBradysdadDined on 6/3/2014Came here for our 25th anniversary dinner. The truffle fries were marvelous, the meat was cooked perfectly, and our waiter was pleasant and attentive. Overall a great dining experience. Be prepared for some sticker shock at the end.Special Features:
- Good food!RxKarynVIPDined on 6/2/2014Food and drinks were very good once again! We love celebrating our birthdays and anniversary here.Special Features:
- annyDined on 6/2/2014Excellent service. Sea bass was great. Wine selection was good. My wife had to send her steak back twice as it was cooked to rare. Service was quick to resolve this issue. Vegetables were warm but not hot. All staff friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thesesa, was wonderful and fun.EveningsoutDined on 5/23/2014The attitude from reaching the front door until our exit was great. We really enjoyed the meal and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLuv2celebrateDined on 5/23/2014Everything was great!!! The food, service was the best. We love spending our anniversary there.Special Features:
- ImpeccableKmdfwiDined on 5/21/2014Anista, our waitress, was great. She was very knowledgeable and made the night extra special. Her recommendations were spot on. Eddie's Merlots never fails to deliver great tasting, quality meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Ft Wayne areaJoeDDined on 5/16/2014Outstanding restaurant - everything is first class from appearance to service to food. Yet, a casual and comfortable atmosphere. Most importantly, the food offerings are well prepared and presented. Fresh ingredients are used and it shows. Everything was wonderful. Warning - desserts are fantastic but generous portions. Service is great - attentive but not smothering. Most important for us was we didn't feel rushed. Pricey but worth the money. Great spot for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyAwesomeDined on 5/16/2014When my husband and I need a "special evening out", we go to Eddie Merlots. We always get great service, and the warm, friendly hostess (Heather) starts your visit off right. Gave us a great booth, even though there were only two of us, and the booth is probably better for the restaurant if they seat four people there. The booth almost makes you feel like a rock star. We had great service (from Abby), and our "bread/beverage/clean up guy" (I think his name was Ryan or Evan-couldn't read his name badge). We met John (Manager), and conveyed our pleasure with the dining experience. We've often eaten in the bar (they have a nice bar menu-great burgers), but the bar is very loud. For a more intimate experience, sit in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and service!RxKarynVIPDined on 5/14/2014Anista takes awesome care of us to ensure our dining experience is wonderful!Special Features:
- Awesome, as usualSjfoster03Dined on 5/14/2014Went for a mid-week night out. Great service and food, as usual.Special Features: