Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
1570 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 6144337307
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Geoff Kelty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Chardonnay Room, which can seat approximately 40 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 70 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Jesica Kantner 6144337307
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary, but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Polaris ›
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (95)notable wine list (81)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014My wife and I went to Eddie Merlot's in Columbus for our anniversary. We have been fortunate to experience some of the finer dining establishments across the country. Bar none this was the best steak we have ever eaten. We are excited and already planning our return to Eddie Merlot's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal...great serviceh20worksDined on 10/27/2014Brett was attentive throughout the evening. Food was great as usualSpecial Features:
- Topnotch food background music poorfoodieDined on 10/25/20147pm reservations. The food was absolutely spectacular. Ahi tuna entrée - outstanding. My husband's filet was perfect. There was terrible hyped up background music. Candles on tables were not lit. Entrées were brought out to quickly and we were still eating appetizers. Calamari and cocktail shrimp were excellent but huge jumbo shrimp seemed like something made for large burly men having beers in Bj's. design and aesthetics in bar/lounge top-notch but had the lighting of Walmart - Way too bright! would only recommend to groups not for romance at this point. Lots of potential thrown out the door.Special Features:
- Fit for a king and queen!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We were seated immediately, wait staff was cordial, responsive and eloquent. Food was tasty and innovative. A culinary deliqht!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Not just a steakhouse the pecan crusted trout w as outstanding. Service professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 49th AnniversaryCastleDined on 10/23/2014We were celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary. We started off with salad and cheese appetizers and had the Chateaubriand for two, some great wine and finished it off with Banana Fosters. Everything was wonderful and reminded us of a dinners we had at a little French Restaurant in Huntington Beach California over 40 years ago. We have been looking for a restaurant that prepared Banana Fosters the traditional way, they did and it was as good as remembered it to be. Our waiter was outstanding, his recommendations were excellent, he paid just enough attention to our needs and allowed us to enjoy our meal and our time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServicefinefoodieDined on 10/23/2014This was our second visit to Eddie Merlot's. Both times were on special occasions (birthday, anniversary). As always, the food was top notch and service on par with the finest upscale resturant. The prices are comparable to this class of eatery. We will continue to eat their for special occassions. They are a true five star resturant for fine dining.Special Features:
- Exceptional DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014We were in a party of 4 and 2 of us were celebrating birthdays. The evening was just wonderful! Monica was our waitress and she was excellent, very informative, friendly & efficient. It is our favorite place to eat in Columbus!Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We have always had a great experience at Rddie Melot's and I would highly remcommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Great PlaceRogioDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time at Eddie Merlot's on October 18, 2014 and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I thought the food was fantastic, the service was fantastic and loved the ambiance of the place. The lounge singer was a welcome surprise. Will certainly return again soon!Special Features:
- Enjoying Columbusluz2dineDined on 10/18/2014The dining was amazing, The food was very good I'm so glad I found this place. I will definitely return. Absolutely loved booking my reservations through open table, how fast and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetest Day dinner: Fabulous!WayneDined on 10/18/2014We went to Eddies for the Sweetest Day special of filet & lobster; both my wife and I felt it was one of the best dinners we have had in a restaurant in a very long time! The filets were simply perfect in every regard and the lobster was tender, fresh, and full of flavor (no rubber here!). Our server was absolutely wonderful; we was entertaining and helpful. So, in spite of the $$ tag, it was worth it! We love the over the top deco decor and the side dishes are wonderful (only one comment: the brussel sprouts needed "charred a bit more" and maybe blanched a bit before since they were a bit "raw"); Overall A+Special Features:
- Sweetest DayWestervilleFrequentVIPDined on 10/18/2014Service was off, we sat in the bar area and it appeared they didn have enough help or the waiter was over whelmed.Special Features:
- Younger People Get SnubbedLive2Eat86Dined on 10/18/2014Don't come here if you are or look under 35-40. The service was not overtly rude but we know we were being ignored. It took 30 minutes to even order our first drinks, we were never told the specials, the server didn't even remember our food orders and had to come back and double check. And this may sound petty, but we didn't even get bread while we waited. To add insult to injury, the table next to us got outstanding service. Even our banana's foster was half-assed. We watched all night as other tables got a nice show, we got a "uh, here you go". My steak came out under cooked and when I had it re-fired, it came back overcooked. The outside was so charred I really couldn't taste anything else. This was our second chance and last visit.
- Great MealDrTImDined on 10/16/2014The usual excellent food and service that we had come to expect from Eddie Merlots. They also made good on a birthday offer which was quite unexpected.Special Features:
- Great place for birthdays.CbusfoodieDined on 10/15/2014I recently chose Eddie Merlot for my fiance's birthday. I loved the ambiance-this is a great place to have an intimate dinner for a special occasion. The food was outstanding, and our server was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!AlwaysgreatDined on 10/11/2014Food was great as well as service. This place is quickly becoming our favorite place to eat on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale & funDaytonDinerDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I took our teenage (high school) + 2 twenty-something boys (home from college for a few days). We loved the food (especially the steaks). Jason was a great waiter and light-hearted which the boys especially enjoyed. We went early (5:30pm) so the boys could enjoy Saturday night with their friends so it worked out wonderfully as a special occasion / family night out.Special Features:
- Horrible and Rude ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014We were not even through with our meal and the bartender motioned another group over to take our seats. We felt rushed and it was extremely rude.
- Just OKjimihofDined on 10/10/2014With so many dining options in Columbus, especially in and around Polaris, EM failed to impress. While the"throwback menu" was cute, people don't really east like that any more... Escargot, Chateaubriand, bananas Foster... So 70's. Service was good but not great. The bill lived up to its higher than average reputation. We were glad we tried it, but are not in a hurry to go back.Special Features:
- porkyporkyDined on 10/9/2014excellent venue for special events and value menu promotions make it affordable for regular dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulcharlieVIPDined on 10/5/2014This is one of the finest places in the greater Columbus area.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningBurgDined on 10/4/2014Food was delicious and well prepared. The server, Valerie, was excellent and was very friendly, helpful and thoughtful. Always a great place with great atmosphere, good music and good food which makes for a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Good food, not great.VegasBabyVIPDined on 10/3/20141st visit and will try again eventually to see if the experience varies. Food was good, no problems, just not great and sides came in good portions. Service and staff were excellent, just slow - took 10+ minutes to bring a slice of key lime pie out of the kitchen and another 10 to get the check paid. At this point, if I had to take good friends out for a great steak, it would still be Ruth's Chris.
- taste of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My wife ordered flat iron steak which was tough and Eddies potatoes which lacked flavor. I ordered meatloaf with a grossly large portion and unusual unappetizing flavor. The mashed potatoes and green beans were cold and had no flavor. The side of mushrooms were also cold. We were, also; surprised to see a $4 upcharge for getting the waldorf salad instead of the caesar in the chefs creations, when on the menu individually they are both $9. Would not come back.Special Features:
- Dessert was the StarHeni336Dined on 10/2/2014Quality of the food was awesome, but the flavor could have been bumped up a notch. Drinks were good and dessert was outstanding. We had the Brownie which is meant for 2 but easily served 3. Served table side, complete with Cognac set ablaze and chocolate ganache.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and Friendly ServicecleverDined on 10/2/2014This is a great restaurant. The atmosphere was superb and the restaurant was very clean. the staff was very friendly. This was one of the cleanest restaurant's I have ever been to and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chateaubriand!DracheDined on 10/1/2014It was our third time at Eddie Merlot's and I always wanted to try the chateaubriand and this time we got it. It was excellent prepared and when you consider the two sides which are included it's a good value. We had brussel sprouts and truffle fries. The fries were addictive, the brussel sprouts had too much bacon. Brad, our waiter was very friendly and professionel in cutting the chateaubriand. What I didn't like at all are the seats in the bar section. They don't match with the height of the the table, so you sit like a six year old at the adult table and your table manners look odd and clumpsy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polaris Location4greatsteaksDined on 9/22/2014Ambiance was fantastic and staff very friendly and attentive. The steak was great, as well as the al la carte items.Special Features:
- Great night outHard2pleaseDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I hadn't had a "date night" in months so we had been anticipating our night out for some time. We finally got to eat in the main dining room after several times being relegated to the back room. The food was top notch even though my wife was served a rare steak instead of her requested medium. The error earned her a free dessert. Carrot cake large enough four six people! Service was perfect and we ran into several people that we knew. Great evening out!Special Features:
- Eddie Merlot's ColumbusYummyfoodDined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. The service by the waiters was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was AWESOMELuv2BSpecialDined on 9/19/2014My cousin visited me, we are both Ruth's Chris fans. First of all the service was awesome, the staff always seemed to be "there" but never in the way. They were friendly, humorous and significantly enhanced the dining experience. When we left, we walked through I assume what was the main dining hall. There was a significantly noticeable difference in the noise level and general "brightness" in the room. We had not seen each other in several years and wanted to be able to chat. I think it would have been difficult in the main dining hall. So kudos to the hostess for seating us in a room where it was much quieter and we could have nice conversation. I am already planning my next night at Eddie Merlot'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable Dining ExperienceOPICHAIRDined on 9/16/2014Like its prime choice meats, Eddie Merlot's is a cut above. This palatial mecca of fine dining takes your breath away from the moment you enter its welcoming doors. First time diners may clutch their wallets but believe me, it's worth every penny. The outstanding ambiance is enhanced by the pleasant hum of satisfied customers and by waiters who have mastered the art of table-side food preparation--try the Bananas Foster and watch the flame-throwers go to work. My wandering eyes caught a glimpse of a massive bone-in steak that seemed other worldly. The staff is very attentive and you will want to linger long after the desert plates have been whisked away. Take my word for it, you won't be disappointed--the staff guarantee it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/15/2014I have been to Eddie Merlot's a few other times and the food was excellent both times. I asked for my steak to be medium well and it was well burned and dried out and I should have sent it back. They ran out if certain salads due to a large party in on of the rooms. The guest I bright had to send the macaroni and cheese back because it was cold along with my mashed potatoes. This was an off night for the chef and I think that was due to the large party that was catered too. I was very disappointed in this dining experience because I brought my dearest friend to show off the restaurant and it was less than satisfactory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Visiting from the Philadelphia area for my sister's birthday. We had dinner at Eddie Merlot's in Columbus about a year ago and were very impressed with everything, but especially with the food. It was the perfect choice for my sister's birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Great FoodScucbusVIPDined on 9/15/2014First time to an Eddie Merlot's and we look forward to returning. We've been to Hyde Park and Ruth's Chris and we though this had them beat. Yes, they all do steaks great, but even the house wine (Eddie Merlot Merlot and Cab) were excellent as well as the sides. Only Con was that it took a good 5-7 minutes for anyone to stop at our table after we got seated (and we were ready to drink!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at eddie merlotsbrennakDined on 9/15/2014I took my husband for his birthday, this was our first time and to be honest I was skeptical based on other reviews I had read. He has been waiting to try dry aged steak. Our waitress, Theresa was fantastic. When we were chatting she left us alone and waited for the right time to check on us. She was also very helpful with choosing our entrées. We love fine dining and expect to wait for perfection. We were there for three hours and enjoyed every moment from appetizers to dessert and they gave my husband a cupcake with a candle for his special day. We had the mixed berries as our dessert, which is served table side and it is amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant, it is now one of our favorites and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is not the sameCappyDined on 9/15/2014Food is the same, but the service was lacking since Vittorio left. My wife and I shared a dinner and a bus boy brought our potatoes and the steak out, gave me the steak and my wife the potatoes. No extra plate and in the past the waiter or waitress split the steak up between two plates. The service is usually what put this restaurant over the top. Now it is just another high end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribleTinaB2009Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I chose to go to Eddie Merlot's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. To say we were disappointed is putting it mildly. Having to spend almost 4 hours to eat dinner was the least of our complaints. For a steakhouse, you would think that they would know how to cook a steak. My husband had to send his back once, and it still wasn't cooked to the requested temperature. My steak was sent back twice and again, was not cooked to the correct temperature. When we requested after dinner coffee, it took over 30 minutes to get it. We definitely won't return.Special Features:
- Great - and quickTimPicardDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I love great food and drink - but I am impatient. I wanna eat and run. We enjoyed a couple cocktails, a bottle of wine and four courses of food in well under two hours. Great food, perfect service, beautiful atmposphere and we had time to go home and continue our anniversary! I know where we'll go for our 27th ...Special Features: