Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
1570 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eddiemerlots.com/
- Phone: 6144337307
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Geoff Kelty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Eddie Merlot’s talented culinary team and our expert service staff are dedicated to providing you and your guests with a truly memorable dining experience. It is their goal to provide a fine dining steak house with emphasis on serving the finest U.S.D.A. Prime Aged Beef and Seafood. Side dishes are served family style and are large enough to serve two if desired. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire. There are three private rooms/areas to choose from according to your needs. The Chardonnay Room, which can seat approximately 40 guests comfortably, the Merlot Room, which seats approximately 70 guests and the Cabernet Room, seating 40 guests. Eddie Merlot’s Sales Manager will assist you plan a function that will leave your guests knowing who is the best host in town, you!
- Private Party Contact: Jesica Kantner 6144337307
A word from Eddie Merlot's - Columbus
Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot’s has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 70 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and cognacs. Eddie Merlot’s boasts a contemporary, but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Polaris ›
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (89)notable wine list (75)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Polaris Location4greatsteaksDined on 9/22/2014Ambiance was fantastic and staff very friendly and attentive. The steak was great, as well as the al la carte items.Special Features:
- Great night outHard2pleaseDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I hadn't had a "date night" in months so we had been anticipating our night out for some time. We finally got to eat in the main dining room after several times being relegated to the back room. The food was top notch even though my wife was served a rare steak instead of her requested medium. The error earned her a free dessert. Carrot cake large enough four six people! Service was perfect and we ran into several people that we knew. Great evening out!Special Features:
- Eddie Merlot's ColumbusYummyfoodDined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. The service by the waiters was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was AWESOMELuv2BSpecialDined on 9/19/2014My cousin visited me, we are both Ruth's Chris fans. First of all the service was awesome, the staff always seemed to be "there" but never in the way. They were friendly, humorous and significantly enhanced the dining experience. When we left, we walked through I assume what was the main dining hall. There was a significantly noticeable difference in the noise level and general "brightness" in the room. We had not seen each other in several years and wanted to be able to chat. I think it would have been difficult in the main dining hall. So kudos to the hostess for seating us in a room where it was much quieter and we could have nice conversation. I am already planning my next night at Eddie Merlot'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable Dining ExperienceOPICHAIRDined on 9/16/2014Like its prime choice meats, Eddie Merlot's is a cut above. This palatial mecca of fine dining takes your breath away from the moment you enter its welcoming doors. First time diners may clutch their wallets but believe me, it's worth every penny. The outstanding ambiance is enhanced by the pleasant hum of satisfied customers and by waiters who have mastered the art of table-side food preparation--try the Bananas Foster and watch the flame-throwers go to work. My wandering eyes caught a glimpse of a massive bone-in steak that seemed other worldly. The staff is very attentive and you will want to linger long after the desert plates have been whisked away. Take my word for it, you won't be disappointed--the staff guarantee it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/15/2014I have been to Eddie Merlot's a few other times and the food was excellent both times. I asked for my steak to be medium well and it was well burned and dried out and I should have sent it back. They ran out if certain salads due to a large party in on of the rooms. The guest I bright had to send the macaroni and cheese back because it was cold along with my mashed potatoes. This was an off night for the chef and I think that was due to the large party that was catered too. I was very disappointed in this dining experience because I brought my dearest friend to show off the restaurant and it was less than satisfactory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Visiting from the Philadelphia area for my sister's birthday. We had dinner at Eddie Merlot's in Columbus about a year ago and were very impressed with everything, but especially with the food. It was the perfect choice for my sister's birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Great FoodScucbusVIPDined on 9/15/2014First time to an Eddie Merlot's and we look forward to returning. We've been to Hyde Park and Ruth's Chris and we though this had them beat. Yes, they all do steaks great, but even the house wine (Eddie Merlot Merlot and Cab) were excellent as well as the sides. Only Con was that it took a good 5-7 minutes for anyone to stop at our table after we got seated (and we were ready to drink!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at eddie merlotsbrennakDined on 9/15/2014I took my husband for his birthday, this was our first time and to be honest I was skeptical based on other reviews I had read. He has been waiting to try dry aged steak. Our waitress, Theresa was fantastic. When we were chatting she left us alone and waited for the right time to check on us. She was also very helpful with choosing our entrées. We love fine dining and expect to wait for perfection. We were there for three hours and enjoyed every moment from appetizers to dessert and they gave my husband a cupcake with a candle for his special day. We had the mixed berries as our dessert, which is served table side and it is amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant, it is now one of our favorites and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is not the sameCappyDined on 9/15/2014Food is the same, but the service was lacking since Vittorio left. My wife and I shared a dinner and a bus boy brought our potatoes and the steak out, gave me the steak and my wife the potatoes. No extra plate and in the past the waiter or waitress split the steak up between two plates. The service is usually what put this restaurant over the top. Now it is just another high end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribleTinaB2009Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I chose to go to Eddie Merlot's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. To say we were disappointed is putting it mildly. Having to spend almost 4 hours to eat dinner was the least of our complaints. For a steakhouse, you would think that they would know how to cook a steak. My husband had to send his back once, and it still wasn't cooked to the requested temperature. My steak was sent back twice and again, was not cooked to the correct temperature. When we requested after dinner coffee, it took over 30 minutes to get it. We definitely won't return.Special Features:
- Great - and quickTimPicardDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I love great food and drink - but I am impatient. I wanna eat and run. We enjoyed a couple cocktails, a bottle of wine and four courses of food in well under two hours. Great food, perfect service, beautiful atmposphere and we had time to go home and continue our anniversary! I know where we'll go for our 27th ...Special Features:
- SusieDined on 9/12/2014We are never disappointed at Eddie Merlot. As a party of 8, we got the round table requested, our server was outstanding (Keri) Salmon, steaks, salads all wonderful.Special Features:
- Consistent overall qualityMikeVIPDined on 9/7/2014This is an all occasion restaurant, has great service and very good food.Special Features:
- Awesome Birthday DinnerRfuller725Dined on 9/5/2014Our friends and my wife and I celebrated my wife's birthday and we were treated very special. The food was delicious and the service was top notch. It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBButterburDined on 9/3/2014EM's is a nice place but overpriced for the experience. Table service was very good. We ordered the lobster mac and cheese and as the waiter was serving it he stopped because he noticed there was no lobster in it. He left the table with the bowl and returned moments later saying that there was lobster in it we just could not see it. He was right the first time, there was no lobster in it. I did not complain because I did not want to make my quests uncomfortable but this was a travesty. Steak portions were small and mediocre. Pretty sure I will not go back.Special Features:
- Fine DiningMeatandPotatoesDined on 9/3/2014A fine dining experience, prices to impress and the quality to match. Attentive service and a variety of high end meal choices.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectconstanpDined on 8/31/2014First time at restaurant. Celebrating 29th wedding anniversary. Food was excellent, staff were warm and friendly. Only complaint was that the wine we ordered to be served with our entre didn't arrive until 3/4 finished eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good this time, not greatokayDined on 8/31/2014The food at Eddie Merlot's was very good as always. Manager was very nice and personally greets the guests every time we've been there and spends a quick moment chatting. The server for the next table over seemed excellent but ours was a bit dull. Out of the wine requested which seemed odd.
- Birthday DinneryummDined on 8/29/2014My partner and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Eddie Merlot's for my birthday. It was our first time dining at Eddie Merlot's. The 7oz filet melted in my mouth. The mac and cheese was to die for and the bread was oh so yummy. We will return for sure.Special Features:
- Great restaurantSRBDubDined on 8/29/2014Eddie Merlot's is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or your regular end of the week dinner. The ambiance is truly unique and the service is five stars! It is a bit pricey, but that is expected from a restaurant of this caliber - and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DissapointscohibatomDined on 8/26/2014Coming from Cleveland and having children in Indianapolis, I was exposed to Eddie Merlot as an option. While initially skeptical a few years ago given the price point, I have been pleasantly surprised at their consistency. They are priced at the Capital Grille, Morton's, Ruth Chris level. While a side of bacon wrapped shrimp was 18-19$$, it was gigantic and awesome! Spending 100K a year on T&E all over the country, I enjoy quite a bit of fine dining. Kudos to the one in Columbus, Ohio!Special Features:
- Consistantly MemorablePepper2VIPDined on 8/25/2014Back to Eddie's for the first time in several months and was pleased as always. Staff is professional and attentive without being intrusive. Food is still excellent. Our group sampled a little of all. The Filet pot stickers were a surprisingly delicious appetizer while a few of us could not resist the oysters on the shell (always as fresh as can be). Steaks are wonderful and force yourself to try the pork chop at least once; you will not be disappointed. Lobster Mac and Cheese is a must have side. Save room for the Banana's Foster prepared at table side and you will love every moment of guilt you have while finishing this desert! Keep up the good work folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually NoisyLuvaidanDined on 8/24/2014We love this restaurant for the food and the excellent service (Absolutley the BEST staff) but we had a round table with 5 people on a Sunday evening and could not hear the person across from you... That makes for an unpleasant dinner when you want to actually speak to the guests that you brought. Really noisy. Which is unusual so not really sure what changed or why...?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest Eddie'swtfhappenedEddieDined on 8/24/2014The steaks were fantastic. The Eddie's potatoes were not completely cooked and were hard/crunchy. The rest of the food was just average. The gentleman running the restaurant at Polaris is totally out of place and has absolutely zero personality. I think the server we had was new at it. If not then she has a lot of room for improvement, especially on how to handle multiple tables at once. Overall, this was my worst dining experience at the Polaris Eddie Merlot's. I may try it one more time but if the next experience is like this past one then I will be finished.Special Features:
- Okay but not GreatGoldwingDined on 8/24/2014We felt it was not as good as in the past. Asparagus was hard. Steak was okay but not out of the park as in the past. Refill of Chocolate for coffee never made it. Felt the server had to much going. Still a nice place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Always great service! My favorite restaurant for steaks, wine and special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLuv2dineDined on 8/22/2014Very romantic scene, very intimate setting, personal service was too notch, food was the best I've ever had, recommended wine was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!SG50VIPDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I went out for date night and stopped at one of our favorites. The food and service were really great! M y wife also enjoyed her "birthday cupcake!"Special Features:
- FabulousLadiesnightoutDined on 8/18/2014We love this restaurant and it it is our go to restaurant for special occasions. Best steaks in the city and the cedar plank salmon is fabulous. Our waiter Tony is always very attentive and makes excellent suggestions for sides and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendously surprised!RaulioDined on 8/17/2014I chose Eddie Merlot's with some apprehension as I normally go to Hyde Park, (Mortons before it closed), Ruth's Chris for special occasion meals. Last Sunday, I was proven wrong. The food was absolutely delicious and the service top-notch, very attentive yet not overbearing. Our server was very educated about the menu, made excellent wine suggestions and let us know the wine bottles are 1/2 off on Sundays. The potatoes were stellar and my dry-aged NY strip was cooked perfectly. It could have used a little more seasoning, but I think this was intentional to balance the flavorful sides. We will definitely be coming back and have added Eddie Merlot's to our top 5 steakhouses in Columbus. Great job Eddie Merlot's Polaris!Special Features:
- Always up to snuff, but...FrequentFeederVIPDined on 8/14/2014Predictably excellent food. I thought our server was occasionally a bit too familiar...a touch, a pat on the shoulder. First time this person was our server in all the times we have dined there. Not yet time to be "buddies". That happened one time before also, with another server. Is this the "new training"?Special Features:
- Always a good experiencejontaarcsDined on 8/13/2014Dining at Eddie Merlots has always been a 1st pick when it comes to fine dining here in Columbus. A good start is a drink at their bar, then head on into the dining room for some great service and a steak or seafood or both.. not to mention the outstanding side dishes. Again... always a great experience. Oh yeah.. one more thing.. Bannas Foster.. Save room, you have to get this after your meal with a fine coffee. Then you're set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently amazingFoodie73Dined on 8/11/2014We always have an amazing experience at Eddie's. They consistently have great food and service. Perfect place whether you're looking for a romantic night out or getting a group of family and friends together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointing at allFrequentFeederVIPDined on 8/10/2014We are frequent diners here, and have experienced a few glitches over the years, but this time the meal and service were their usual outstanding! Kudos to the hostesses, waitstaff, kitchen and mgr.Special Features:
- Always greatFrequentFeederVIPDined on 8/4/2014This is our favorite place in the Columbus area, and this time was no exception. Arguably the best filet I have ever had. Service staff was just great.Special Features:
- Favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Whenever we want an upscale meal this place is where we go. Only down side is the noise level has gone up considerably.Special Features:
- Great fish too!SG50VIPDined on 7/28/2014A friend asked that I meet him for dinner at EM. I didn't want to go red meet so I tried the waiter's suggestion of sea bass "oscar" style. It really was fantastic!Special Features:
- Merlot AgainPhilWDined on 7/28/2014Other than the fact that they lost our reservation and then labeled us a no-show, they were as good as ever with the exception that Vittorio has left and there is no one to tie things together anymore so little things like getting the reservations straight are being lost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBobandDeniseColumbusOhioDined on 7/27/2014great food, great wine, great night, but service was terrible. Long waits for drink, wine and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.